Topic Stats

• 16,872 posts
  • 948 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 minutes ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16872 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 338.
#951 5 years ago

I replaced One with And Justice for All, and it doesn't skip anything at the beginning. It also works great on the ramps after spelling Metallica. It comes in during a guitar/drum riff that sets a good pinball pace and then gets more and more deliberate (slower) as the mode is finishing.

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

The One file has roughly 18 seconds of some war sounds before the music kicks in. I wonder if you replace that song if it will skip several seconds of the new song. Anyone tried this?

the trick is to replace each sound file with another of equal length ... using audacity to fill in the "blanks" , which will most likely occur at the end of the available space (space alloted within the pinball software for that sound) . In most cases , replacing ONE will result in the need to add additional music using Audacity (just cut and paste), otherwise you will get a lot of dead air after the replacement song finishes.

ez

#953 5 years ago

What is Audacity?

#955 5 years ago

Just got the tracking info. My first NIB, a MET Premium Monsters, is due to arrive Wednesday! I've got Wednesday and Thursday off work. I can't wait!

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from Paladin:

Just got the tracking info. My first NIB, a MET Premium Monsters, is due to arrive Wednesday! I've got Wednesday and Thursday off work. I can't wait!

Nice! You should call in sick Friday cause you're going to get hammered!

#957 5 years ago

My new Met Roadcase is on the road, to be delivered next week as well. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I've got tons of little goodies laying around to put into as well, on top of what Steve at Pinball Refinery already did.

The idea of unboxing scares me a bit having read some of the disaster stories lately, but once I get that out of the way and see it's ok I'm sure I'll be like a kid on Christmas.

#958 5 years ago

My new premium will be here on Tuesday, Need to make room for it. Does anyone know if they are shipping with the upgraded magnet boards, or will I have to call stern and order them, I am getting it delivered from amazon so I have no Idea how old it is.

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

My new Met Roadcase is on the road, to be delivered next week as well. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I've got tons of little goodies laying around to put into as well, on top of what Steve at Pinball Refinery already did.
The idea of unboxing scares me a bit having read some of the disaster stories lately, but once I get that out of the way and see it's ok I'm sure I'll be like a kid on Christmas.

If Pinball Refinery modded it, you should be fine on the unboxing. Gio and Steve are pretty good at getting these games dialed in.

What are you adding to it? I am going to install a captive ball tonight on mine to replace the block under the hammer. For $10, it seemed like a pretty good upgrade.

#960 5 years ago

Oh their work I'm 100% confident in, what happens after it leaves Steve is what scares me. lol

Steve didn't have Gio's backbox kit in stock, so that should arrive from Gio, about the same time, so I'll install that. I also have the captive Newton ball, snake fangs, tongue decal, some of PBL ultra glossy balls (how many does Met take?), Mezel cemetery gate, Hooked pop cap covers, pinnovators sub hook up kit and a Polk PSW110. Oh and a Monsters translite.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For the most part, pinball browser is easy. The hardest part is getting the sound levels right but even that isnt too difficult. here's some tips and tricks to help out the process:
1. Go to this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-getting-sound-files-ready-for-pinball-browser
2. download pinball browser from the OP's link and his suggested Audacity program for music editing.
3. Get the song you want to import into a .wav format. Tip: If you use iTunes, you can convert .aac (itunes) files to .wav in itunes! In iTunes - Go to Edit > Preferences. Click General > then click Import Settings Button. On the 'import using' change it from aac to wav and click OK to save. Then select the song you want to convert and click File > Create New Version > create as wav. Then right click your song and select find in windows explorer. You'll see two versions of the song, one is the itunes aac file and the other new wav file. Copy+Paste the wav file to your pinball browser folder or sub folder in pinball browser so you have your import/export music in a separate location than itunes.
4. Follow Dugfreez's tips in the link above from step 1 which is opening the song in Audacity and making it a 24kbps mono sound file. This is also where you can lower or raise the volume level of the song. Follow the tips though in the OP's thread above in step 1.
5. download metallicas code from sterns website and save it in a new subfolder in your pinball browser.
6. open pinball browser and open the code file. You'll see all the sound bytes, music, messages, etc... for Metallica. It'll be organized in bits not verbage so its hard to know what song is which.
TIP: pinball browser has a bookmarks button and you can look for bookmarks online for Metallica code and it'll automatically import bookmarks for all the songs.
7. Select the song you want to replace, click import, select your new altered song you made in audacity and select import. You'll get a warning pop up about the sound file has to be 24kpbs, just hit ok. You should be able to play the song now in pinball browser and it should be the imported one.
TIP: play your new song in pinball browser then play another factory song - you should be able to tell if your imported song will be much louder or lower than the other songs in the machine. When i imported The Judas Kiss it was super loud. I lowered the db's using Audacity to like -4 or -5 til i finally found a sweet spot.
8. Go to the 'Messages' Tab in pinball browser and search for the song you are replacing > i.e. RIDE THE LIGHTNING. Change the text to the new song. You only get 15 characters > im not sure what happens if you checkbox force to use longer text.
9. Save the new .BIN folder with a new name of some sort (dont use spaces) MET161LE for example.
10. Put it on a USB and update your game.
I may have missed a few steps but thats basically it. It takes some computer knowledge and a little tinkering but it really should only take you about 30 mins to do all that. Uploading it to your pin is the long part
I had to do mine twice because the sound level was so high on The Judas Kiss.

If I am not very mistaken current version of pinball browser also imports other formats like mp3 so audacity is no longer required. Also you can select which part in time and I think even the sound level. Should use it again, to long ago since I did my ST

#962 5 years ago

Do you guys get a lot of airballs from sparky?

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for the confirmation!
Sanitarium just does not fit well in unforgivens slot nor is it a very good pinball song. I'll probably try Orion or the thing that should not be this weekend. That said, the judas kiss rocks for pinball background music and wherever I may roam fits perfect for snake mb; not so much for the background though because of its waypoint spots - but worth the change over sad but true.

So I decided to go with The Call of Ktulu in Unforgivens spot. It fits very well!

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Oh their work I'm 100% confident in, what happens after it leaves Steve is what scares me. lol
Steve didn't have Gio's backbox kit in stock, so that should arrive from Gio, about the same time, so I'll install that. I also have the captive Newton ball, snake fangs, tongue decal, some of PBL ultra glossy balls (how many does Met take?), Mezel cemetery gate, Hooked pop cap covers, pinnovators sub hook up kit and a Polk PSW110. Oh and a Monsters translite.

Met uses 4 balls. I will have to look for the fangs; that would probably be a good addition. I am going to try to get the newton ball installed tonight. I finished installing a shaker in GnR tonight, so I am kinda busy playing instead of working. lol

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you guys get a lot of airballs from sparky?

I used to get A LOT of airballs from sparky. Then I made a new plastic piece that covers the feet.

Remove the existing plastic piece, it's just one clear piece. Trace the outline and cut a new one, but don't cut out the area over the feet.

You should be able to get clear lexan at most glass shops. They may even cut the piece for you for a few bucks...

Rob

20140808_221944[1].jpg

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I used to get A LOT of airballs from sparky. Then I made a new plastic piece that covers the feet.
Remove the existing plastic piece, it's just one clear piece. Trace the outline and cut a new one, but don't cut out the area over the feet.
You should be able to get clear lexan at most glass shops. They may even cut the piece for you for a few bucks...
Rob

20140808_221944[1].jpg 165 KB

Nice Rob. thanks for sharing. I may tackle this project ...someday lol

Oh, and played some more games tonight. I'm definitely digging The Call of Ktulu in Unforgivens spot. I had to raise the volume db up a few notches when importing it. But it fits very well into the game.

#967 5 years ago

If anyone is interested here is our newest Metallica Topper.

New Metallica 004.JPG New Metallica 002.JPG New Metallica 003.JPG
#968 5 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

If anyone is interested here is our newest Metallica Topper.

I like the green chrome, any pics or video in a dimly lit room ?

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I like the green chrome, any pics or video in a dimly lit room ?

Ya. Very nice looking topper. Pics or video installed (even on a different machine) would be nice.

#970 5 years ago

If you do Facebook there is a vid on my page Laseriffic Laser Engraving. I'll try to get one for here on Monday, keep in mind purple leds photo the worst.

#971 5 years ago

Like the topper. I checked your page not on there yet? When will these be ready?

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Then I made a new plastic piece that covers the feet

(while i suppose you have it) please, can you make us available the picture, PDF, schema, ... of your "master" in 1/1 scale ?

tanx

#973 5 years ago

These are ready now, contact me at joe@laseriffic.com to order. NO PM's please

#974 5 years ago

So it rained today and got bored. And what do you do than? Exactly, make another mod based on something which is lying around image.jpg image-825.jpg image-929.jpg

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So it rained today and got bored. And what do you do than? Exactly, make another mod based on something which is lying around

image.jpg 226 KB

image-825.jpg 291 KB

image-929.jpg 208 KB

Nice work looks cool.

#976 5 years ago

Yeah that is pretty sharp, one of a kind too.

#978 5 years ago

Just put up 74 mil. Damn this game is fun when you know what to shoot for and when! Watched the PAPA video earlier this morning and realized after you start multiball you shoot the picks then the snake to add a ball. very cool. does anyone know if PAPA is going to do a video for 1.6?

#979 5 years ago

Just got a Metallica Pro. I love it. I'm putting it in my friends barcade. Let's see how I goes. Great game

#980 5 years ago

Anybody hit End of Line yet?

I had a freaky ( for me ) game of 292 million with 3 CIU's so wondering if anyone got EOL yet?

And then feeling great, next game was 4 million!

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I had a freaky ( for me ) game of 292 million with 3 CIU's so wondering if anyone got EOL yet?
And then feeling great, next game was 4 million!

Haven't. Tried like hell to get there.

#982 5 years ago

My Refinery Met Roadcase is arriving tomorrow in the nice small delivery window of 10am and 6pm. lol

#983 5 years ago

disregard

#984 5 years ago

I went ahead and disabled the diverter. I like this way, nice clean orbit shots, and if your good, you can hit the orbit consecutively a few times. I also lowered the number of hits, for coffin, grave marker, and sparky.

Sometimes I'am noticing that the Sparky magnet is not holding the ball when sparky gets electrocuted. When multi-ball is gonna start it will hold the ball then. Is this how its suppose to be, I cant remember, but noticed it over the weekend. Killer game!

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Just put up 74 mil. Damn this game is fun when you know what to shoot for and when! Watched the PAPA video earlier this morning and realized after you start multiball you shoot the picks then the snake to add a ball. very cool. does anyone know if PAPA is going to do a video for 1.6?

cool, that's key learning what to shoot for, and my problem is Iam focused on keeping the balls alive instead of cradling a ball or two during multi- ball to line up a shot. crazy fun pin.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I went ahead and disabled the diverter. I like this way, nice clean orbit shots, and if your good, you can hit the orbit consecutively a few times. I also lowered the number of hits, for coffin, grave marker, and sparky.
Sometimes I'am noticing that the Sparky magnet is not holding the ball when sparky gets electrocuted. When multi-ball is gonna start it will hold the ball then. Is this how its suppose to be, I cant remember, but noticed it over the weekend. Killer game!

Sparky only holds the ball for a period of time at the start if MB. When he gets electrocuted during MB the magnet holds the ball for about 1 second then flings the ball.

#987 5 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

If you do Facebook there is a vid on my page Laseriffic Laser Engraving. I'll try to get one for here on Monday, keep in mind purple leds photo the worst.

Hey mate nothing on your Facebook or your website, can't seem to find it.

#988 5 years ago

Well I made it to blackened tonight! Unfortunately I started it during RTL mb. When RTL ended I immediately transitioned into CIU. I thought about bypassing CIU, but it was my 3rd one and went for it so I didn't get to see too many blackened animations or shot rules. Nearly completed the third CIU before draining a 40+ mil JP. Ended with a GC score of 374 mil and 95 mil seek & destroy champ. Not bad after a week. This game is tough! But such a blast when you get it firing on all cylinders.

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I saw NES almost get there recently on a location pro. I think he drained his last ball with his fourth CIU lit. Earlier he crushed the current GC score by wringing every point he could out of each CIU mode. Most times he started Fuel before finishing CIU. Then he went for EOL by getting through all the CIU modes as fast as he could. Hit the required shots, then hit the scoop. We had already been playing that game for more than four hours before that, so no question he could do it when fresh. It's definitely doable. Neil made it look kinda easy.

The new software is friggin epic. You guys are lucky bastards. Epic or awesome doesn't really do Lyman's work justice. We are all very fortunate to have him writing code for us.

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ended with a GC score of 374 mil

BTW - Remember how I said you could come by and play any time? Stay off my Metallica.

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

BTW - Remember how I said you could come by and play any time? Stay off my Metallica.

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hah! If it makes you feel any better, my first 10 games prior to that one were all under 50mil

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah! If it makes you feel any better, my first 10 games prior to that one were all under 50mil

I think my GC score is like 120 million or something. Gotta get better at rocking those CUI modes.

I find my best games are the ones where I don't let myself get distracted and just play a more loose and open style. I'll get trapped into over focusing on filling the inserts for Seek and Destroy or something when I would probably get most of them naturally during multiball, and then I'll get a bad bounce off a standup and drain. It's one of the reasons the rules are so great though, you can approach the game in so many ways, which I know is basically Lyman's overall philosophy.

It's similar to the Shadow in that sense, I'll get sidetracked by playing Vengeance when I was planning on going for Final Battle just because it's so much fun.

I'm trying to play a simpler style in general. I got to a point in my game where I was kind of my own worst enemy. Like trying to drop catch constantly, and even if I make 90% of them that 10% of the time when I dump the ball down the drain could have been avoided if I just didn't press so hard. Need to get better about knowing when I need the flipper skills, and when I can just trap or shoot normally.

Always something with pinball, why I love it.

#994 5 years ago

My strategy for metallica is coffin coffin coffin. Getting coffin MB allows to stack any of the other multiballs plus you get an extra ball lit in the process and usually a bunch of snakes and sparky's from misses. also once in any multiball, immediately go for the add a ball. That is the way I like to play it. its got me about 350m.

#995 5 years ago

Quick game today turned into maybe 20 minutes? 100,000,000 more than my previous high score. Only played 2 CIUs, but completed FWTBT with double scoring, so that jackpot was over 200MM alone! Drained IMMEDIATELY on the Blackened mode!!!! (non-CIU)

photo 1-2.JPG
photo 2-2.JPG

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Quick game today turned into maybe 20 minutes? 100,000,000 more than my previous high score. Only played 2 CIUs, but completed FWTBT with double scoring, so that jackpot was over 200MM alone! Drained IMMEDIATELY on the Blackened mode!!!! (non-CIU)

photo 1-2.JPG 262 KB

photo 2-2.JPG 246 KB

You beat my best score by over 500,000,000. lol

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

photo 1-2.JPG 262 KB

photo 2-2.JPG 246 KB

Holy crap well done! Good to see that a lot of points can be earned in CIU. When I had my measly 300+ mil game I drained on battery CIU just before collecting and the jp was in the 50's with double scoring running so that would have been 100+, I was so pissed! ...but 300mil?!! Kudos to you!

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Holy crap well done! Good to see that a lot of points can be earned in CIU. When I had my measly 300+ mil game I drained on battery CIU just before collecting and the jp was in the 50's with double scoring running so that would have been 100+, I was so pissed! ...but 300mil?!! Kudos to you!

It was crazy. I hit EVERY shot in For Whom The Bell Tolls. All shots light as crosses, then you hit those, all lite as snakes, then switch, etc. I was ready to cash in at like 30MM, but then decided to try to finish. Then double scoring popped up and BOOM! The confusing part is when you're going to collect during CIU and double scoring is active, the "collect" value isn't reflected. So I scored about 100MM during FWTBT, then went to collect. The collect value was about 102MM, but when I cashed in, it was doubled. Just something to be aware of!

#999 5 years ago

Damn.. I will try this strategy out now.. Bye

#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Crap, guess I'm banned too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Watertown, WI
There are 16872 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside