IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

551 posts in this topic match your search for posts by roostking. You are on page 1 of 3.
#218 10 years ago

GD I am so excited to get this home, with me there shortly thereafter(Sept). I have #220 METLE and it will be my first pin. Honestly never thought I would be buying a new pinball machine, but when my buddy told me about the Metallica rumors back in Dec. I sent him the money and he got 2 of them. His will go on route, mine will go home. So bad ass that this game seems to be a winner almost out of the gate. Ill be looking to do some sounds mods and some lighting upgrades as well.

#234 10 years ago

Just keeps getting better and better!

#255 10 years ago

This is why i think this pin is going to be one of the biggest. Not necessarily for the game play(maybe though), but for the collectibility and "special-ness" of this pin. It is going to trancend just pinball, and will end up being the ultimate collectible for Metallica fans in general. Kind of like musclecars, they have brought baby boomers back to their youth and pay outrageous prices for a car that initially cost $4,000. To Met owners, I think this takes people back, like me, and will be willing to make it a complete experience(covers, Tapestries, etc) Not just pinball.

#261 10 years ago

Admittedly, I am a complete and total n00b. What other games have generated this much excitement? I mean I saw a "Will they make Metallica" thread two years ago. Forums were heating up in Dec, then the announcement. Game sold out in a couple of hours. No denying this game is hot, and with the play reviews coming in, I dont see many people dissapointed.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

xmen blew metallica out of the water on hype and anticipation

Cool. thanks for the info. Seriously.. I know that my views are skewed so its good to hear from people who have been around for awhile..

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Hey owners
I noticed the globes under the 4 large inserts at the flipper area that 2 of the globes are not centred.
So I added some perspex 'plates' and moved my 2 centre globes out to the middle.
I also did the same thing at the coffin insert as the centre globe is mounted off to the left.
Anyway - thought I would put these up in case no - one had noticed this on thier games and wanted to correct it on thier game as well ( yes I am a little fussy )

Where do you get the "perspex 'plates" from?

#301 10 years ago

Is Metallica releasing a seperate line of Master of Puppets editions, I see some people calling it MOPLE. (retorical question) Shouldnt it be METLE, for Metallica, Limited Edition?

#314 10 years ago

I believe that pop up post can be disabled, but I also read that post is also the only way to get those targets at the top, or else it would fly right by

Cant say from experience yet though

#336 10 years ago

So your saying there is a non limited edition Master of Puppets, Or is this just a limited edition Metallica Pinball, with 2 other versions.

I go with the latter. Nor is all of the artwork based on Master of Puppets. Seems to me the playfield is the same.

Also the Pro and Premium METALLICA pinball have different artwork on the cabinet.

Calling it MOPLE means its a limited Edition Master of Puppets pinball machine when it is clearly a limited edition Metallica pinball machine. Metallica-Pinball.jpgMetallica-Pinball.jpg

#338 10 years ago

Dirty Donny did all the artwork on the METLE too.

#344 10 years ago

Well if you go to Sterns website, http://www.sternpinball.com/Games.aspx They are all labeled Metallica, and then the version.. Metallica is first. Anyway, I am bored too, so call it what you want.

I just want to make sure I get called as soon as my Metallica Master of Puppets Limited Edition, serial # 219 shows up!

#361 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

You got your number confirmed already?

\

Yea, I have #219 and my buddy has #220

And remember, in life, SOMEONE is always going to be offended, thats life and people just gotta deal.

#372 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Did you pay for those #s?

Nothing more than the cost of the game. My buddy who is the one who got us hooked up. I guess he knows people?!?!?

1 week later
#443 10 years ago

What do you guys mean replacing songs? On the game itself??

#464 10 years ago

Are they using the cheapest lights or what? How can they be burning out so quickly and is that normal on a Pin??

2 months later
#476 10 years ago

Right on guys... I will be home for good in a week or two and this is my first pin and I am so pumped that it seems to be a winner!

9 months later
#769 9 years ago

You do realize that by begging for people to vote for Metallica, they may be voting for TAF, just for the fun of it, right?

1 week later
#808 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just got my premium on Wednesday

10441979_10202005019516825_24099... 87 KB

10399983_10202005019276819_45645... 68 KB

10527331_10202005007316520_51743... 78 KB

Right on, Is that an external sub I see??

1 week later
#838 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Yes, a Polk PSW-10

Good choice! I know you were initially hesitant to add a sub. What do you think?

#850 9 years ago

Dont play it, unless you have the $$$$ to buy it, cause your going to love it!

2 weeks later
#946 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Currently enjoying No Remorse as a nice replacement for Unforgiven. Sad But True is all of a sudden "Pulling Teeth" into "Whiplash". Now that's a Multiball song!
No worries with loading these BIN's.

Ok Im a noob at this with the Pinball browser, but if you are saying what you are saying, holy chit!!! I wont be a noob for long(after I get back home from working overseas) Whiplash with the Pulling teeth intro is absolutely my favorite Metallica song(s) of all time. Does it just drop right in or is there a lot of work to be done?

#953 9 years ago

What is Audacity?

#1031 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks for posting the pics, Paul! That's the third different install location, and I like it the best!

Where do you get something like that? Does it rotate small pics or what?

#1032 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Where do you get something like that? Does it rotate small pics or what?

Never mind, found your site. Will be getting one when I get home! Bad ass!!!

#1103 9 years ago

So this makes #3??? Wow that sucks man, sorry!

#1133 9 years ago

Ill be getting the MDM for sure when I get home, and I love the ideas for different songs. I was glad Blackened got it, but Ride the lightning is a def. replacement song for me...

#1139 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Awesome.
-mof

I know its personal preference, but it seems part of the enjoyment of the game is the integrated music/theme? I played my buddies on route and its mixed in with other pins, arcade games pool tables etc so the music was just at a normal level. It is in no way the same experience as playing my HUO game.

2 weeks later
#1187 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

How do you know the numbers on the sub.? My polk only has hash marks, not numbers. You said 44-46, do you mean the volume on the machine itself?

Probably the pin itself, as that is where I have mine set.

4 weeks later
#1335 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

The balls in mine still look fine, and they have seen close to 1000 plays. The block under the hammer was starting to show some wear when I replaced it with a captive ball a couple of months ago.
I get debris in the shooter lane pretty quickly, and a few flakes from the sparky magnet, so I make sure I wipe everything down every 100 games or so. Other than that, every thing still looks good. It is probably time for me to change the balls just in case though.

So you got rid of the newton block? Im a pinball newb, is that something that is hard to change out?

#1337 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

it takes 5 minutes to swap..

Does it work basically the same as far as gameplay? Seems like a no brainer...

1 week later
#1400 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Did it myself a few months back. Would never go back myself.

You say you would never go back, is there a potential downfall to substituting this?

#1403 9 years ago

Nothing big that I've found. There's an off chance that when the magnet turns on the ball in play will attract to the captive ball (as it is magnetic, not to be confused with 'magnetized'). It's super rare to do (maybe 1 in 100 games I've see it?) and it doesn't hurt anything in anyway that I'm aware of.
Gameplay wise, it's much more fun with the captive ball. The sparky shot is marginally easier from the right, and there is a lot more action and deflection off the ball as opposed to the block. I would also say the shot registers better/more reliably but I could be imagining things there.

Ok cool.. Even if it didnt improve gameplay, its worth it just to get rid of that eyesore block and any metal shavings it is sure to be leaving.

#1450 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My magnets all stopped working. All the sudden the coffin magnet grabbed the ball, held it and the hammer never went down, and the magnet just kept holding it, then after it released it, ALL magnets in the game no longer work. Game does have the upgraded magnet board as I checked the Stern website and matched up my serial numbers. Any idea where to look? Has this happened to anyone elses Metallica? Thanks

Check Fuse #7 behind the back glass. Mine blew once. Replaced it and no problems since

#1456 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

All your magnets go out (all 3) at once? Thanks, just got back from Radio Shack, 4A slow blow fuses. Busy today, but will try and get to it tonight or the morning. What would have caused it to blow? Thanks for reply Roostking.

Hmm. 4A thats different than the fuse that blew on mine (7). Yep, mine went out at the same time as well. Fixed the fuse and all has been well since. My backglass light also went out roughly the same time(Afterwards) I wonder if I had some huge powersurge or something? This all happened about 2 months into playing and its been good for 5 months(Im back overseas for a bit again)

#1459 9 years ago

I will have to talk to Stern when I get home. Do they need the old board back??? Glad you got it figured out..

#1465 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

you having issues now?

After magnets stopped working, and I was trying to get the test the coffin magnet, the hammer never wanted to come down, just the captive ball hits just counted up NO hammer strikes. I figure if there is no initial magnet grab on the ball, then there would be NO signal sent to hammer to strike, without that grab of the magnet, no hammer strikes. Before the issues, the coffin magnet would grab the ball, but release ball early and the hammer came down striking nothing, that happened only 2 times. I never seen the hammer just come down for no reason, unless, like I said there was an initial grab by magnet.

NO, not since the original issue, but if I can get a new board sooner, rather than later.

#1519 9 years ago

Seems like the lower jaw makes a bit of a ramp for the ball. Anyway to lower the rear of the jaw?

2 weeks later
#1640 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't even know if the flippers on mine would last 30 minutes. I've checked the EOS and they are gapped correctly, but the coils just seem to heat up more and the flippers get noticeably weaker after 20 minutes of play. This does not happen on my ACDC or ST.
My game also suddenly started having ridiculous ball launch issues where the autoplunge was launching the ball over the shooter lane rail and into the middle of the playfield %50 of the time. I had to tweak the launcher prongs several times to get it to stop.
Rob

Mine does that too, I had to tweak the rod to center it, as it would strike off-center of the ball, causing it to bounce right and then into the playfield.

#1665 9 years ago

I am sure mine has been delivered as well, but I'm not home to see it yet. Looking forward to getting rid of those airballs! Thanks for the great deal!!!

#1666 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Looking forward to getting mine, air-balls all over the place!
I have to say after 3 days of owning this pin, I'm loving it! No scores to brag about yet, but I've been staying up late and getting to work late thanks to it!
Hard to play any of my other pins now, and hard to imagine buying another 20+ year old machine after getting this. Just my feelings of course.

Yea, Im just getting into pins and METLE is my first one. I thought I might be interested in buying a couple of the A List classics, but after playing them at the PBHF in Vegas, they just seemed boring at that price. So Ill just buy some of the pins I remember as a kid like Firepower, Gorgar, Centaur, etc for way cheaper. Any NIB is going to have a HIGH bar to clear to be in the same league as MET. It will be in my house forever. So bad ass!

1 week later
#1689 9 years ago
Quoted from Fixit:

Just joined the club with a NIB pro! It is my first pin and I don't think I could have picked a better one.
I am pretty sure it has been playing more than sitting idle for the last week as my whole family wants their turn.

Me too bud. Met was my first pin and NIB. I love it and its going to take a hell off a pin to be my next NIB! What a game!!

#1697 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Anybody else had any problem with their plunger?
Mine got to the point where the plunge was banging the ball against the shooter lane, sometimes becoming airborne, resulting in a very weak plunge. Autoplunger works perfectly. I thought maybe the plunger rod was bent, but it's not - took everything apart including the plunger housing and tried to realign it all. It's better, but still a weak plunge. Seems like the plunger rod is set kind of far back, but I don't see anyway to make it better.

I have the same problem and it looks like the plunger is off center, to the left, causing my ball to hit the left wall first, then right, then onto the playfield. I have added small washers on the left side to bring the plunger center..

#1709 9 years ago

My plunger sits off to the left and actually touches the autoplunger

1 week later
#1744 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yeah, before it was routinely launching balls into the middle of the playfield from the shooter lane. I adjusted the launcher several times before it seemed to be ok, but something is still wrong. The ball just seems to instantly 'go sideways' in the shooter lane like something was blocking its path. Perhaps the shooter lane switch wire is hanging up and acting like a ramp.. I'll check it again.
As comic book guy might say, worst autolaunch ever!
Rob

If your rod is misaligned to the left, its going to hit the ball and it goes right, hits the right side lane and bounces out.

#1745 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Got my blank shooter rod from Terry so I mounted my skull.

image.jpg 85 KB

image-745.jpg 105 KB

\
At first I wasnt sure about this, but seeing it mounted, BAD ASS great job!!!

#1751 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Still working it all out, but I'll say it's not a translite.

Ok, keep telling us what its not!

#1777 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My plunger is not lined up with my shooter lane either. It's offset to the left big time. Stern QC must have been on a lunch break. My ball bobbles it's way out of the shooter lane each time and loses lots of momentum. What's the best fix for this? Is it too much to ask for a clean, straight ball launch?

I added a washer to the outside of my right side bolt(But still within the black plastic housing) which brought the rod to the right and almost center.

#1780 9 years ago

I havent had any rejects. I would do as Aurich suggests and make sure its not getting hung up..

#1814 9 years ago

I got my sparky protector installed and no more air balls there! I almost feel guilty only paying $5 for this!! Thanks again. I also printed out some custom apron cards, applied some carnuba wax to the playfield and pulled off the plastic deal that goes over the right side wireform. I really don't seen balls flying off of there. Upgraded the code to 1.63 as well.

1 week later
#1866 9 years ago

Thanks Rick !!!!

Awesome game man to the guy above me...

1 week later
#1920 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Just wanted to say I've had my Metallica for a couple months now, and I can't get enough of it. I really hit the jackpot getting it as my first pin. I will never let it go. I have since added The Shadow, tftc, Star Trek and soon creature, but MET blows the others away. I do love The Shadow and tftc too, but man. This game is on another level. Just my humble opinion! Would be interesting to know how many MET owners also consider it their favourite pin.

First NIB and first pin for me too, great choice!!!

#1938 9 years ago
Quoted from psygho:

Well i finally have made mine decision!
Over an couple of hours, im joining the owners club! Got the classic one NIB. My first NIB.
(non ledded version), and for the 1/4 savings I just put mine own custum led kit in it!
And I did some good investments for what was left:
I ordered a sheet of non glare glass, 2 service brackets, and the new side rails with flipperbutton pretecton with it...
Have the green convelux set for the slingschots,and bought the Metallica "full armor kit" protection from Cliffy.(2 slot protectors, scoop, sidewall and ball eject)
Finaly a bought 8 new o-shiny balls from PBL...

Awesome man, your going to love it. Now get an external sub and crank it up!!!

#1947 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Flipper fidelity 8", 10" or pinball pro for this pin? I'm pretty happy with flipper fidelity in my TF and Lotr and STTNG.

Go with what you know IMO. I have a Polk external sub and love it as well. Upgrading the sound system is a must!!

#1954 9 years ago

Understandable and great advice. Ill be doing the FF Upper speakers when I get back home. This game just begs to rock!

#2008 9 years ago

It would be cool if we could get a couple more songs, unlikely though.

#2076 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

My NIB is still in the garage till I get someone over for a hand. #TORTURE

I pulled mine out of the uhaul at 2 am, got it into the new house, unboxed it, set it up and played it by myself..

NOT RECOMMENDED hah. I was just too excited after being overseas for so long.

IMAG0023.jpgIMAG0023.jpg

#2080 9 years ago

I thought all pinball machines would have those rails. Learn something new every day!

#2089 9 years ago

I wouldnt stress over it.

#2097 9 years ago

I moved my outlanes. Its my game, Ill be the one playing it mostly, I paid for it, so Im setting it up how I want lol

My lip is a bit higher and its just something I think you have to deal with.

#2138 9 years ago

Got the replacement shooters in today. One is for my LE#199 and the other is my buddies #200. Cant wait to install em!1509785_801051883297424_2103099618736904000_n.jpg1509785_801051883297424_2103099618736904000_n.jpg1538697_801051839964095_6152231882723982448_n.jpg1538697_801051839964095_6152231882723982448_n.jpg10933715_801051803297432_6560849808687196770_n.jpg10933715_801051803297432_6560849808687196770_n.jpg

#2140 9 years ago

Right on that they are taking care of you

#2142 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh oh, #200 won't be stock anymore!!

I know, whats what I told him haha. Working on him now with the hammer..

#2143 9 years ago

Seems Sparky got kidnapped and now is drag racing. I was watching this FB vid and thought I recognized our nee'r do well freind. Sure enough. DD did the paint work.dd.jpgdd.jpgimages.jpgimages.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/CruzPedregon Scroll down a bit

1 month later
#2308 9 years ago

My post has NEVER dropped when hit from the left. I had no idea it was supposed too?? Makes sense of course, I always thought it was weird...

2 weeks later
#2389 9 years ago

It really is an awesome pin!!! I love mine for sure!!!

1 week later
#2438 9 years ago

Now you need an audio upgrade!!!

#2440 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

» YouTube video

I just read about this today. Wtf Lars!!! Seems clear that Metallica thrived in spite if him and Wtf James asking with are got thinking Lars???

2 weeks later
#2521 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If you need the money I say sell the Premium and pocket an extra $2k+. IMO the big, ugly hammer and other minor changes weren't worth the extra dough.

The hammer isn't that bad, and there isn't many toys out there that compete with the satisfaction of pounding the ball through the playfield.

Keep the premium no doubt.

#2526 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Games never leaving my house!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg

Mine neither!!

As far as game speed, even the fastest speed, a little ball interaction is a good thing. Its not like it hammers the ball every time it hit the block. Nor does it block the playfield much. Its a worthwhile tradeoff

#2539 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Had from pinball refinery already the magnificent light mod but it could be overwhelming. Added on top an extra sticker on top and now the balance is much better IMO
Great way to go Steve !!
Must have mod now with the pinblades

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yea I think that will be my next mod. I have those pinblades and want to see how they look!!

#2561 8 years ago

I don't know about any transistors being blown out, haven't heard of that on. A couple people had the #7 fuse blow which controls the magnets, but this happened on TWD too.

I mean the guy has both side by side, might as well inbox the premium and play it. He won't be disappointed for sure!!!

#2624 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

And just a quick question. I seen awhile back a sound upgrade for it. What have you guys done to make it sound better? I fell this game needs to be cranked to max when you are playing.

Yes, get an external sub!! Best mod eva!!

#2630 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I definitely agree on that one! Polk PSW10 on mine, sometimes I forget to turn it on when I start a game and can't believe how weak it sounds without the sub.

Same one I have.

#2661 8 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Can someone post a pic of the sparky protector? How necessary do you think it will be?

You will want it. Its not that I protects sparky, but the magnet and playfield in front of him. The ball can launch off of his feet and beat up the magnet pretty good. The protector keeps the ball from flying around.

#2685 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I already have the sling and inlane protectors. I only need a sparky one. I wasn't a big fan of the sling protector covering the inlane and connecting to the inlane.

This is what Is keeping me from ordering, but if they have clear, that might work.

#2780 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I did this over the weekend! Should have done it a long time ago. Free mods are nice, the left spotlight socket is re-routed to light up FUEL target area. With the spotlights removed, you can actually enjoy the slingshot art, and lighting a lot more. Those spotlights are useless on the slings. No sneeze guard either, not needed, never had a problem.
10984626_10203705202740343_532567401162316982_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
11110295_10203705203020350_4162112893052469459_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I would prefer to have the middle playfield art lit, in your pics It looks very dark now?

#2820 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Would love to upgrade Sparky to Dirty version.. but too worried about banging it all up for that kind of scratch!

I would not worry about it. Only his feet get hit and just kind of scuffs them up. Gor for it!

#2836 8 years ago

I dont go for points usually, I like to dim the lights, crank the tunes and catch a bad ass buzz and just play. Fade to Black CUI seems to be my trip of choice lol.

Also, I would be in for some of the protectors, but Id rather they had Metal up your Ass! cut out, Thats real OG Metallica right there!

#3003 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

#3000 - sorry, I just had to be "that guy"

Hey man, we got 3000 +1 posts of nothing but love for Metallica, the baddest ass pin in my Noob experience! Onward to 6000!!

On a side not, I cant wait to get back to the states and play!! I have some different ideas on painting/powdercoating/hydrodipping the legs and side rails.. Yea, its going to be sweet!!!

#3005 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Got a box just sitting here waiting to be mailed, give me the word.

Soon, In fact when I get back to Bahrain, Ill send ya the address again. The weather should be clear by now lol. Cant wait to see that Hammer giving Metallica some Justice!

#3053 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

can I be in the club?
IMG_0916.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
my first NIB arrived today

Welcome!!!!

#3055 8 years ago

That looks sick!!!! Did the sparky animations change much, cause I love how he gets electrocuted...

#3143 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My playfield don't line up when lowering back into place. I literately have to slam it into place. Is that normal? I ask cuz its my first Stern so not sure. It sure is a "clunky" process with quite a few bumps before you can lower it. I really dred lifting the playfield, and I shouldn't feel that way. Any easy adjustments to line it up? The 2 hooks on the playfield when lowered gently, miss the slots on the cabinet by like 1/8-1/2 inch, I then lift it up abit and SLAM it down and it goes in, but only if I SLAM it. Its always been like this. I had asked someone about this, and they said normal, but I don't think so. I is a PITA. I dont lift the playfield up much, but like to get it right, but not sure how, or where to begin. Any help from fellow owners is needed and appreciated!

Mine does the same thing, whereas it used to not. I'm mainly talking about the hooks nof lining up.

#3264 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Progress with the colour GI code. Grave MB start added. Scoop added. Many, many, many bugs removed..lot's of conflicting turn on/turn off commands in the first pass. All the nuances of orbit handling ironed out, including rejects. And second video has proper LJ start (a bit buggy at the end).
There is a problem with one switch row being read properly at the MCU, so the captive ball doesn't read. I moved it's effect to the pick target closest.
And the PWM is still too jittery, so the scoop is a gradual string turn off rather than fade. Final version will be fade though. Moving on to CIU modes now.
Some gameplay
» YouTube video
Proper LJ start
» YouTube video

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you rewriting the code??

#3290 8 years ago

I would be shifting bricks if that happened. let us know what Stern says.

#3298 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

OH GEEZ. I didn't notice it at first....

Neither did I, as I was looking for a chunk of magneg, then I saw the actual damage. DAMN!

1 week later
#3473 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I wonder how many they did. I just used mounting putty to put the little plaque on the coin door.
Really digging this hammer Aurich did, man I want one. I had Gio paint my hammer up, but that hammer by Aurich is just awesome. How much Aurich?

Sold out at 30 hammers total. I have 19, not yet installed, but delivered.

#3480 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

My met premium is blowing the sparky magnet fuse every 20 games or so..this happen to anyone?

I and a couple of other people were blowing the fuse, D7 I think that controls all magnets. I blew mine twice. It was happening on the walking dead too. I never found a reason.

#3520 8 years ago

I'm worried that with this being my first pin, any other NIB I buy is going to have an incredibly high bar to clear. First world problems I know..,

2 weeks later
#3651 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I just shot a picture of my game in lamp test and had it printed at getuncommon.com

Did they print it on the phone case and send it to you? Looks like it is only for iPhones

3 weeks later
#3865 8 years ago

I am finally back home and thought there was a 1.64 code for the METLE. The nSter website only shows 1.63, which I am on, but I thought for sure there was a 1.64??

#3883 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Finally! Get your hammer installed yet?

Indeed I did and it looks and works great!! Taking off the old hammer was a pita though!! That front screw was a hitch and I ended up twisting the head off lol.1435442066090-538028271.jpg1435442066090-538028271.jpg
1435442066090-538028271.jpg1435442066090-538028271.jpg1435442066090-538028271.jpg1435442066090-538028271.jpg

#3903 8 years ago

Hey Guys, Im starting to have some sound issues, where it is kind of cutting in and out, or fading down real low? Any ideas? Thanks!!!

4 weeks later
#4276 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Installed and quickly regretted superbands on my met pro

Why, I'm a noob and have the rubbers from the factory installed and though about upgrading.

2 weeks later
#4383 8 years ago
Quoted from z28dan:

» YouTube video

So this works, cool! I posted a thread in the Mustang forum. Did you have to do any modifications to make it work?

4 weeks later
#4541 8 years ago
Quoted from tornado:

I'm SO STOKED! Just got my Metallica Premium Monsters NIB!
This is my 1st/2nd game ever, the first being a BK, which I haven't even been able to get 5 games out of before something goes wrong with it. So I really count this as my first. Metallica was the first band I ever saw in concert, circa 1986 for the Master of Puppets tour. So this table has some meaning for me. I'm pretty excited. Only took me about an hour from back of truck to playing it. Looking forward to seeing what mods (if any) make sense to do!
DSC01395.jpeg
DSC01403.jpeg
DSC01407.jpeg
DSC01410.jpeg
DSC01414.jpeg
DSC01420.jpeg
DSC01421.jpeg
DSC01424.jpeg

Good move. My first NIB was. METALLICA as well. Which show in 86, as I was at the Denver concert when they were opening for Ozzy. I became there biggest fan lol. IMAG0020.jpgIMAG0020.jpgI kept all of my Metallica memorabilia and it's paying off now.IMAG0742.jpgIMAG0742.jpg

#4556 8 years ago
Quoted from tornado:

It was indeed the Ozzy tour (Damage, Inc, tour) - but this was at Poplar Creek. IMHO them blew him away. After they finished the opener, it felt like 1/3 of the crowd left.
I've since seen them on the And Justice For All release (Damaged Justice tour) (Peoria) and sometime in the mid '90s we got backstage and was able to eat with the band. I remember a very cool Metallica ice sculpture in the middle of the fruit bar...
Love your MetLE! and I also love those toppers that people have shown.
Sounds like a shaker moter is a no brainer to get for this game. Any other must-have mods?

You need an external sub. I bought a Polk sub for like 100 off Amazon and it makes all the difference.

#4586 8 years ago

Awesome man!!

1 week later
#4644 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ohhhhh that's how. I didn't think it would chip that bad from dropping in. Ugh. Still need to hit stern up but I think someone said mantis makes one. I'd take a cliffy or mantis protector. Didn't think of this happening on such low plays

I checked my LE with close to 1000 games on it and looks unchipped at this point.

#4688 8 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I have experience with it in that it's happened to me several times. Don't really know the sure cure, but cleaning the opto sensors and re-seating the opto connectors under the trough seemed to help me.

I'm having both this issue, and more ffrustrating is the fact that sometimes the opto sensor( I assume) detects a ball and I lose my flipper s and the ball really does drain. Going to look into this today.

1 month later
#4998 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I really enjoy my MET - its a great game and fun to play.
That said, every time I play it I find the "Casket Multiball" call out SUPER annoying when clearly a Coffin is built into the playfield. Hell - it even says "Coffin" on the DMD display. I have heard others suggesting it would be a simple "fix" to change the DMD to spell "Casket" - but this does not fix this either. For those who may not know - caskets have straight sides while coffins flare out at the shoulders. They really are two different and distinct items.
If James Hetfield is as big a pinball fan as is reported maybe he could be persuaded fix his voice call outs to say "Coffin" instead of "Casket"?? How do you f-up something this basic when creating voice over scripts?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say know one cares about the difference between a casket or coffin lol. Well you and the guy who thumbs upped ya haha

#5019 8 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

We'll if we're going to name drop..

FB_IMG_1448457255122.jpg

Indeed
Signed 1991114150001.jpg1114150001.jpg

1 week later
#5108 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

That looks more like a sperm than a snake!

And the met "snake" looks like a turtle!

#5126 8 years ago

Since im a noob and don't really have a long term relationship with the hobby, I don't consider additional code to be a bonus. If the call outs are there, the shots are there"band member mode for example". It should not be considered Jelly on the donut. For $7500 I expect a finished game top to bottom.

#5139 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Today's Stern games, this is not the "priority". It is the "afterthought".

Not sure why 2 guys downvoted my post. I guess they like getting less than 100% of what they paid for. Weird.

#5152 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Probably because Metallica feels like a "finished" game right now. So yeah, anything else is extra.

Feels finished and is finished are two different things. Dont get me wrong, I love my Met, and maybe since its my first and only pin, I don't understand the "norm" that is unfinished code. In my mind, if there are call outs and areas of the playfid that suggest something should happen Stern needs to complete the code to actually finish the game 100%

#5157 8 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Code, be it in pinballa or computer software, ifls by its very nature in a form of beta testing when exposed to the public. Expecting "finished" or "complete" code isn't realistic, in my opinion. Revisions, additions and corrections are part of the process- unless you prefer ample, basic code.

If this is a "bonus", then how would you feel if they charged for it? Anyway, not making a big deal over it, like Aurich said, it is pretty much done. I just find the concept of feeling lucky to get a complete game weird.

#5160 8 years ago

Extras and missing modes are 2 different things. ANYWAY, no big deal haha. Seriously love this pin!!!!

#5164 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Completely agree that MET has excellent code, but there are callouts that imply that the band members do something when collected (I think one is "hey, someone started my mode!"). Those callouts should be changed if the band members are just mileposts to End of the Line (which I think is fine).

This is what I mean. If it's there, it should be there 100%, not thought of as a bonus If it happens. Again, I am not unhappy AT all with MET, more just wondering why additions to code on parts of the game that are obviously there are considered a bonus, or jelly on top. Guess I am not conditioned in that regard, yet.

1 week later
#5299 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Some gameplay showing smartdmd and GI theater mod
» YouTube video

Nice vid, and now my wallet will soon be $500 lighter cause of that smartdmd..

2 weeks later
#5518 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

To me, MET shoots similar to MM, and probably dozens of other games... But really, you just need to get your hands on one to know.
I was really thinking I preferred AC/DC over MET based on videos and suggestions but after playing both, MET was the game for me with no regrets.

You must play ALOT of pinball to actually prefer one game over another game based on vids and other people's opinions. My hats off to you!

#5521 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Uh, in his defense, he did say he has played both, and preferred Met. You didn't read his post entirely!

Eventually yes, but he initially stated "Based on vids and opinions" he preferred ACDC. Only after he played both did he realize that liked met better.

1 week later
#5661 8 years ago

I read your guys posts and doubt I'll ever be that good haha.

#5751 8 years ago

Dup Post

Pinside is acting strangely...

#5752 8 years ago

Ok did I miss something? Is there a new board out?? I have an LE so its not been updated if so.

#5754 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really. You didn't notice a big loudness dif. between the two setups? There should have been, you should have had to turn down the volume of the sub. It was night and day difference with mine and I had to turn the volume of the sub down. I wonder if the sub would make a dif. The THUMP is normal.

I dont have the Pinnovator board, but my Polk sub thumps when I power the game both on and off. Not a big deal, just putting it out there.

#5760 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

I've got one thing to say....
F Yeah!!!!

IMG_3506_(resized).JPGIMG_3505_(resized).jpg

Hell yea buddy!

#5765 8 years ago

It is excellent that Stern actually provided a full "plug and play" wire harness assembly with step up board to you.
It seems they addressed the problem, it was LONG overdue.
Congratulations Stern, they actually listened to the complaints.

So is there a new Sparky driver board available?

#5783 8 years ago

This is not a "new Sparky board".
It is a step up driver board that may have been updated.
Many machines use this board.
I do not work for Stern, I am a pinball technician.
I could not read the repair kit that was provided the owner, documentation, or compare driver boards for full evaluation.
My METMPR is a late production, but I already knew about the problem and how to avoid the issue.
I do not take chances.
I can tell you I have another spare 50v step up board that I used for my Stern "REAL" knocker kit, and it is EXACTLY the same board in IC design. I was just happy the owner got help with the parts.
Contact Stern customer technical service and ask them directly, if it is a personal concern and a 100% accurate answer.
If your game is an actual LE version, the "achilles heel" problem exists on your game with CERTAINTY.

Thank you, I will contact Stern and thanks from the pinball community for the information you provide! You should have your own tech section lol!!

#5784 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you guys seen the new Pingraffix Creeping Death Blade Skins? They look great. New owners of the game may want to get them.

Absolutely!!

#5845 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Lovin' my Met
2 issues out of box
Mystery switch not registering
Ball Bounce back from left orbit shot
Mystery switch adjusted now scores correctly
Metal post on order

Ok first congrats!!!

Second, I have the same issues, but I'm a noob, so I am hesitant to mess with the game for fear of making it worse. Can you explain what you did to fix both? I was even unsure if the left orbit reject was an issue, since I'm not sure what it "should" do

#5848 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Mystery scoop switch need to be bent slightly as it would kick out but not register the scoop shot
Second is the left orbit shot, when it hits the post that pops up it supposed to stop and dribble into the pops, because it is a plastic post I was getting rebounds and instead of dribbling down into the pops it comes back down the left orbit lane.
As referenced in this thread on several occasions, replacing the plastic post with a metal post should help with this issue

Do you mean right to left? As in counter clockwise? Thanks for the mystery scoop tip

1 week later
#5934 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Hey. I'm in the club! First new in box. Premium. It's a blast so far. Anyone else have problems with the ball gets stuck above the coffin? Sometimes it gets pushed down beneath the playfieldl and rolls to the left, never entering the coffin.

20160204_181242_(resized).jpg

Congrats!! As far as your problem, you .ight be the first to report it..

1 week later
#6020 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm going to be joining the club soon, other than the color DMD, What are some must have mods?

Shaker and an external sub!!

#6047 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

Thanks. Not the end of the world but helpful in making a decision.
Was there ever any discussion/experimentation around the use of dead drop foam? Would slow the ball helping coffin locks, protect cube... But possibly look like azz and reduce switch hits?

When i get off my butt, ill be swapping to the captive ball. Looks better IMO. Seems everyon who has made the change felt it was a good move.

#6053 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

Anyone willing to help me narrow down an issue with a red led I'm dealing with? Specifically the red led between the left inlane, outlane. I'm trying to eliminate the wiring as a culprit. I've inspected all wires and sockets before and after this socket. Buzzed everything out for continuity. Thinking there is a board issue but I'm seeing something that has me questioning wiring.
So...
With pf upright and game on what happens when you disconnect from the grinder led board:
CN20 - all red should go off. Does the blue led between the left inlane/outlane also go off? (Mine does and this doesn't seem right)
CN21 - all blues should go off
Cn22 - all apron, spotlights, backboard gi should go off
CN23 - white playfield gi should go off
Background info:
I've tested the bulbs in other sockets. I've used new bulbs. I've tried a new socket.
The wire colors on the grinder connectors match the manual.
When connected to grinder board there is continuity across the troublesome left inlane/Outlane red led socket. When disconnected, no continuity.
When only pin 1 blu/blk is connected at cn21 the red led and all others light fine but blues are dimly lit. Reconnecting pin 2 all lamps normal except red inlane/outlane which is out.
When only pin 1 on cn20 is connected, troublesome red led lights but other red gi is dimly lit (not the nearly off dim, dimmer than normal but obviously lit)
Thanks for any help. If this should be its own topic I'll go to tech but figured an owner could report on the c20 behavior when disconnected.

If the xxxBlackNightxxx wasnt banned, he could help I think.

#6061 8 years ago

People could not handle knowledge level, like centerflank did, they resorted to name calling. He got pissed and split. Sad because he had far more pinball knowledge on tbis site than anyone.

#6068 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He sure PROJECTED a knowledge level... forunately there are plenty of people that know as much and more.. they simply don't run around and act like they need to tell everyone how smart they are and just get things done.

Well, if they are, they sure dont let it be known. Id rather deal with a prickly personality who shares knowledge then someone who is the best guy ever, but wont help. It was always clear when BlackNight was responding to a tech question, even if we didnt know who was responding,

#6071 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Post a tech thread - and plenty of knowledgable people will help. I saw just as much misinformation coming out of that guy as I did legit.

Not trying to be confrontational, but did you attempt to correct said information?

Either way, I apologize for kind of derailing this bad ass thread. Back on topic, whos got a bad ass Metallica pin!!

#6088 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

From what I and others have stated here the Pinnovators Pin Sub board makes a real difference with the sound of an xternal powered sub. $35

Others have said it doesnt. I don't have one, but I know the Polk rocks!!! YMMV

#6102 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Got to EOTL for first time today. Ended game with 510m. Im not going to pretend that im some pinball god. I have my outlanes tight and extra balls on, and 5 ball. I know on a normal location machine id not get anywhere close.
But i had a blast and had a big grin on my face and thats all i care about. . If i somehow start getting to EOTL consistenly then ill back it down to 3 balls or lower the number of extra balls etc. but it took me 2.5 years of owning this pin to have a game like this!
Just thought id share

I think I will go to 5 balls. What is the extra ball setting though?

#6103 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Got to EOTL for first time today. Ended game with 510m. Im not going to pretend that im some pinball god. I have my outlanes tight and extra balls on, and 5 ball. I know on a normal location machine id not get anywhere close.
But i had a blast and had a big grin on my face and thats all i care about. . If i somehow start getting to EOTL consistenly then ill back it down to 3 balls or lower the number of extra balls etc. but it took me 2.5 years of owning this pin to have a game like this!
Just thought id share

#6104 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Just thought id share

#6105 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Just thought id share

#6106 8 years ago

Whoa!

#6235 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe it needs to hit the stand up target and not just the rollover?

What are these roll overs you guys are talking about.

#6261 8 years ago

Also, as a sad side note, I will potentially no longer be part of the Metallica club in a few hours.
EDIT:
aaaaand Metalica is gone

This is more a like, unlike!! Thanks for Your rules clarification- What's next?

#6262 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

In other news, this is visually my favorite mode in pinball: Enter Fade To Black, complete it, then keep hitting shots where only a few inserts are lit.
Happened this am. I forgot how good it is.

FullSizeRender-2_(resized).jpg

Me too. I never select fade to black in the daytime.

#6263 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I've gotta be majorly confused here, and will have to pay attention next time I play. I looked at my machine before I wrote my comments, and the post is an inch or so to the left of the rollovers. I don't see how it can hit that then drop into the pops. It can only do it from the right.

Me too. I've tried to get clarification, but I don't see how the ball can get to the bumpers from the left orbit with the post up.

#6270 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This is getting humorous! Every other post is someone else explaining it!
BTW...I just picked ES for the first CIU, and the post is disabled just like FWTBT.

Actually this post and then one above are the first posts that explain how it is supposed to work. Since I have a super rejecter post, it goes back down the orbit which it came 95% of the time. Guess I need to invest in the metal post??

1 week later
#6306 8 years ago

My first concert was Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne in support of the Masters of Puppets tour. I went in an Ozzy fan, and came out a Metallic a fan! Poster and picture discs are from when I was a kid, 1986...

1026152025_(resized).jpg1026152025_(resized).jpg

#6307 8 years ago

My first concert was Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne in support of the Masters of Puppets tour. I went in an Ozzy fan, and came out a Metallic a fan! Poster and picture discs are from when I was a kid, 1986...

#6335 8 years ago

PM sent in explanation.
This is not simple modification.

This bums me out, cause when I first saw it for Mustang, I wanted it, but I kind of thought it would be a PITA and beyond my technical abilities.

#6336 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

So very close to joining the club! I'm arguing the old pro vs premium debate with myself. Going premium would REALLY stretch my budget and I'm just not sure it would be worth it. Biggest thing I love is the lighting, and with the total lightshow it looks like I can get most of that in a pro down the road. I believe the premium has a few insert color changes as well though? How are they used compared to the pro?
As for the other differences, I really like the cross and snake jaw, but could live without them. Spinners can be modded in if I miss them, so not too worried there. The hammer...I donno...I love what it does but really do not like how it looks. I think overall I'd rather have the newton ball on that one, but then the coffin insert really looks out of place. And I do love the physical ball lock. So 50/50 on that one. Translite art I do not have a huge preference either way. So I'm pretty torn. It sounds like the pro is right for me, but I worry about always having a little regret deep down, LOL! Good problem to have I guess. If the budget was just a little looser right now, I'd go premium and never look back. Unfortunately I have a time sensitive deal on the line and this would likely be my last chance at a NIB of either. Not that I'm against HUO, but it seems the majority of them are going for more than NIB lately. Maybe I should just choose a different pro for now (I have others on my wishlist almost as high where the pro is fine...looking at you TWD...) and hope to find and afford a used premium down the road...
Anyway...mostly just thinking outloud here. I know the pro vs premium argument has been beaten to death so I do not want to rehash all of that too much. As it's a few months further along from the last thread I read on that manner, does anyone have any regrets going one way or the other?

Get the premium!!!

#6337 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I was just the opposite. Played an LE for about two years on location. Then played a Pro and was amazed at the difference. I thought it was way better. To me, removing the hammer was a surprising improvement.
It's hard to explain, but the Pro, was faster, cleaner, and more fun. I'm convinced that that the hammer blocks the view and interrupts the game.
The Pro wasn't about the cost, either. With all the mods I have into the Pro (total lightshow, spinner, purple armor, updated sound...) I paid more than a stock NIB Premium.
For me, the extra money I spent improved the game with features I wanted, rather than having the Hammer, etc. I paid for it, but I got what I feel is a better game for the money.
I know many owners love the hammer. I'm not one of them. Glad there are two great versions of Metallica so everybody is happy.

The Hammer does not block the view. That is a mute point and has been for a few years now.

#6340 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Whatever you can't see because the hammer is front of is blocked.
Perhaps you think whatever it is behind the hammer is not important to see
I didn't notice how much better it was to see the captive ball without the non-blocking hammer until I played a Pro.
Some like the hammer, I get it. But it blocks something just by being on the playfield. It isn't "see-through."

Yea it blocks the mechanism and nothing else, but not going to rehash, we all have opinions. One thing you do miss is the thunderous BOOOOOM when it smashes the ball through the playfield. No mod can replicate or replace it. None.

#6403 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Quote the posts you're talking about, because I didn't see them. If you're talking about the posts I made regarding why I sold my LE and bought the Pro, my point never mentioned that it was because the pro was faster. My point was that the spinners and RGB inserts were not worth the value that my LE currently held compared to price of a NIB Pro LED. After I received my Pro, I liked the way the Newton ball and open snake played compared to my LE.
If you're referring to someone else's post, that's cool, but my rationalization was never about speed of the game. It was about having $2800 in my pocket, and I still got to own a Metallica.

I dont think it was yours, someone else recently mentioned the speed of the pro vs Prem/LE.

Anyway, can we not turn this thread into whos game is better? They all have their pluses and minuses.

#6404 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Quote the posts you're talking about, because I didn't see them. If you're talking about the posts I made regarding why I sold my LE and bought the Pro, my point never mentioned that it was because the pro was faster. My point was that the spinners and RGB inserts were not worth the value that my LE currently held compared to price of a NIB Pro LED. After I received my Pro, I liked the way the Newton ball and open snake played compared to my LE.
If you're referring to someone else's post, that's cool, but my rationalization was never about speed of the game. It was about having $2800 in my pocket, and I still got to own a Metallica.

I dont think it was yours, someone else recently mentioned the speed of the pro vs Prem/LE.

Anyway, can we not turn this thread into whos game is better? They all have their pluses and minuses.

1 week later
#6475 8 years ago

For assistance and solution:
Assuming you are referring to the first drop target, use a small screwdriver to wedge the target up behind it and keep the target from falling. Peel off the old decal, clean the old residue with goo gone and q-tips, final clean with alcohol, and attach new decal. The others are same you just have to remove the playfield plastic.
However, if you wish to extend the life of your decal and completely eliminate the problem in the future, attach a slightly oversized piece of thin Mylar vertically which extends below the target decal. This will prevent it from chipping or peeling.
While you are performing maintenance ensure the target top is flush with the playfield surface or you not just get target wear but PF wear as well. Adjustment screw is on the target assembly below the PF.
You do not need to remove the target from the machine or even lift the playfield for decal replacement, just turn the power off to your machine.
Disabling drop targets will not prevent manual activation. Use a solder assist tool with hook to pull the target into position before wedging, if is already down or reset with solenoid test.

Speaking of drop targets, I currently have 1 target, the first target, that is broke. I contacted Stern and they sent me new targets, but it seems the procedure to replace it is somewhat daunting. As a total noob with no tools, would I be better served contacting a pro to replace? I do have some mechanical aptitude, but....

#6483 8 years ago

Cool, thanks for the replies guys. I will pick up the took mentioned, and I will also pull the mech out to work on it.

#6559 7 years ago

Set screw with locking washer nut, bottom of the coil post assembly bracket. It pushes the bell armature up vertically. Loosen nut, turn screw clockwise to raise post height. Post should be level with the playfield surface while in the "rest" non-energized state. See related posts in this thread for visual reference. Metal post is slightly shorter than the factory nylon post.

Thanks for your help, I did this to mine and it seemed to help the right side orbit, although i did get a kickback from the left everytime still. I could only play one game, as another pop up broke, so I guess its going under the knife soon.

#6599 7 years ago
Quoted from bax:

I have my met pro on order.
I was wondering what protectors are a must and where they can be sourced?
I did try to plow through this post but 132 pages over 2 years was a lot.
Snake fang and tongue mod seems like a must. Any others either physical or lighting that you think add to game play and/or really upgrade the look? I was looking at PinGraffix products a bit today.

External subwoofer should be mod #1!

#6604 7 years ago

Again, looks are one thing, if you want enhanced game play, get the external sub first. You wont regret it.

#6613 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ooh man. I have been scoffing at this idea, but that looks really cool.

Pardon my ignorance, but is this just a board that is changed to achieve the different colors?

#6626 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I had the chance to finally play a Metallica Premium yesterday, thanks Gribbs, I noticed whenever I shot the left orbit it would hit the post at the top and come back down the lane and never had the ball go around or even get to the top.lanes from the left orbit , is that normal ?

This is an ongoing problem with the post. My understanding is that its supposed to hit the post, stop(Post then drops) and slowly dribble down to the right pops. Mine has never done that though. There are a couple of fixes to make this act correctly, such as a new metal post and ensuring your post is level with the playfield when in the down position. I adjusted mine, but it didnt seem to make a difference.

#6632 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ok thanks guys,
Now help me out , pro or premium ?
All opinions welcome , seriously help me out .

Premium. The Hammer smashing the ball through the playfield, combined with an external sub is epic. Rising cross and snake interaction are awesome too.

#6638 7 years ago

Increase your game vertical incline angle (ie raise the back legs to full height of levelers, front to the floor).
Slightly bend the top orbit metal lane near the post.
Small adjustments pay dividends.

Thanks, Ill do this. I already took your earlier advice and checked and raised my post level to the height of the PF. I didnt have much time to play, as I promptly busted the second pop up. So its going under the knife. Check your PMs if you will

#6641 7 years ago

Oh shoot, yes drop down lol.

1 week later
#6746 7 years ago

Can we let the manual thing go. Its not included, maybe it should be. Its available online, maybe it shouldnt be.

#6753 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah I didn't mean to start a manual battle. I just wanted a suggestion as to how to remove the microswitch at the snake without taking the entire snake off. I still don't have a bloody answer. Yeesh. Guess I will take the snake off.

Would be nice if there was a manual available!!

1 week later
#6884 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

BTW, the inline drop assy is extremely easy to remove from the underside of the playfield. Taking it apart is not easy. If you do, take pictures/draw diagrams/refer to the exploded view in the manual to assist you in getting it put back together correctly.

Not what I wanted to hear. I have 2 of 3 drop targets broke and plan to fix soon. Crap.

#6906 7 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I just got my Met Pro NIB last month and I added a shaker and the sound activated LED kit to the speakers and back part of the playfield. I don't want to over do it but what other mods are popular?

External sub is a must!!

#6941 7 years ago

Another broken target, but on the flipside, I have moved some functional art into the play area..

0430162248b_(resized).jpg0430162248b_(resized).jpg

0501162228_(resized).jpg0501162228_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#6992 7 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thanks for your help !!!! I don't know if I have the ability to fix the board but I guess I have nothing to lose. I don't know how these Sterns hold up on routes. I have three HUO and constantly having issues. Just replaced an ac/dc drop target opto board.

I've blown F7 about 3 times in 2 years. I'm going to check out the board, please keep us updated.

3 weeks later
#7211 7 years ago

Shoot I screwed up. I saw this the other day, but couldnt order at the time and knew it was only going to be up for a few days. Dangit!

1 week later
#7288 7 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Quick reminder to anyone wanting custom colors for their Metallica LED Insert Mod: I am ordering all my supplies tomorrow morning, so if you want custom colors please PM me the list below with your color choices.
Colors available: RED, BLUE, ORANGE/AMBER, GREEN, PURPLE, NATURAL WHITE, WARM WHITE
SNAKE -
CROSS -
ELECTRIC CHAIR -
COFFIN -
Thanks!

What comes in the kit?

2 weeks later
#7494 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm finally finishing up "bullet proofing" and modding up my premium before firing the first ball. I think that I'm going to put together a check-list of sorts with lessons learned/tips so that other people aren't left scratching their heads.
here's a for instance:
I didn't dawn on me until I removed the rubber rings from the original red in-lane guides at the top that one side of those plastic posts are wider than the other. I changed my out to blue (to match the play field art) and since I was doing that, I didn't even think to remove the rubber rings (since I was also changing out all of the rubber rings to titan's silicone product.

however, after getting about 3/4 of the way through the process, I was left scratching my head as to why I still had these (2) 5/16" ID rings and had nearly gone through all of the 3/16" ID rings
btw, the [wider] section should be positioned at the bottom (where the ball exits out to the pop bumpers. the far right lane guide uses a 7/16" ID ring that bridges between the wider post column of the lane guide and a metal post.
ps
changing the rubber on this machine is still quite the b*tch given the amount of parts that you have to tear off (including the right ramp and most of the plastics behind the snake near the pop bumpers to change out 3 more of those little 7/16" OD rings that fit over the spear type metal posts since they are [hidden] under the that plastic.
also, look forward to spending a good hour or more removing all of the above and the hammer to change out the newton block to a captured ball set up. (however, I am liking the choice that I made going with one of matt's (back alley creations) black pearl balls for the captured ball

pps
yes, my snake will get his teeth (soon). it looks like the easiest way to do that is to remove the entire mech to gain access to that elusive screw inside his mouth to loosen up the area between the head and the metal plate and insert his new dentures

Why are you changing all of the rubber?

#7504 7 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

Fwiw I installed a 7 7/8" plunger yesterday since not all plunges were "clean". Plunges much better now. Not sure why stern uses the shorter 7 5/8" plunger. Tip now rests gently against ball. Slightly off center, yes, but of no concern with longer plunger.
For the record, Auto plunge mech adjusted to prevent strikes to pf. Deburred too.

How do you adjust the shooter rod? Mine is way off center.

#7521 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That didn't work for me.

Didnt seem like it was going to work for me. I did add washers, but its still way off.

#7522 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You have to remove the 3 screws holding the shooter assembly then the 2 red screws holding the mounting plate. Once that is loose there is plenty of left to right movement and you can even move it up n down a lil. Every modern stern is like this. I'm assuming you didn't looses the mounting plate.

Ooops, posted to soon, I did not loosen the mounting plate. Thanks, Ill give that a shot!

#7526 7 years ago

Speaking of powder coating. do any of you guys have some examples of different colors on a METLE?

#7550 7 years ago

So what's the answer on replacement pinballs?

#7611 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Guy I think I have an issue unless I'm doing something wrong. I was trying to up date the code in my premium. But when I have the dip switch to on and turn on the game it doesn't seem to boot and I get a blank dmd. I also tried it with the game on, flipping dip switch 8 to on. But the minute I hit the white reset button the game freezes? Am I doing something wrong?

Stupid question, but you do have the USB plugged in right? Also, is it a zipped, or unzipped file on your flash drive? It needs to have the .BIN file on it. When I update mine, I have the game turned off, the dipswitch set at 8 and the USB inserted. Then I power it up and I can upgrade.

#7616 7 years ago

There is a good vid on youtube as well, but I just power off, set dipswitch, insert USB, power on. I then have options to install.

#7686 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Everyone should be up in arms. It's sad to live in a world where this type of DRM is accepted

17gegu_(resized).jpg17gegu_(resized).jpg

#7802 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Piston lane...the shot just above the left outlanes ? When you hit it the engine revs ? I figured it was a combination of fuel letters and that target. How in the holy hell can that shot even be made ? Shoot up the outlane ?! Thank ya Time Bandit !

I used to say the same thing, that shot WAS hard, but with time, you will master it.

#7815 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Is it just me, or since Gryszzz has joined the club, it sorta of has a gay bar feel now. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sounds like you've been in a few, is this how it feels!!

1 week later
#7945 7 years ago

is that a good price?

1 week later
#8039 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Indeed this has gone on long enough but making petty threats just isn't my style, not that I have a lawyer in the first place. I'm a customer service manager myself so I tend to be as polite as possible when dealing with the people trying to help me. I deal with enough assholes and their crazy demands I'm not about to become one of them.
I'd probably be a little more impatient if my distributor had any Metallica Premiums in stock, but they don't so I'm simply left waiting until they receive more from Stern. The lost shipment is between them and the shipping company, there's really nothing I can do to speed up the process. Or maybe I'm just too laid back to get worked up over something that doesn't have an immediate fix.

First off, are you out any $$$??? That would dictate my next response..

#8063 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sumbitch. Mid game something is triggering a drain, lights out, then game comes back. Occasionally followed by 2 balls launched into shooter lane.
Any help appreciated.

Check the ball trough. I had this happen, and received advice to check that, which I did. I didn't see anything obvious, but reseated the connectors and all was good for about a year. Just started to happen again.

1 week later
#8118 7 years ago

That would be a kick ass show!~

#8131 7 years ago

Protection stuff, then a external Sub, then bling. You'll thank me later

#8221 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The hammer seems to get a lot of criticism on this thread (perhaps more so from Pro owners? ) but I honestly really enjoy it on my game. A lot more than I expected. Love the BAM! effect every time it locks a ball!

Yea I dont understand what these haters on the hammer are talking about. You can clearly see past it and there is just nothing like it when it hammers the ball into the playfield, esp.ecially when connected to an external sub.

GET THE PREMIUM if you can afford it, you will not regret it one bit.

#8225 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, I agree about the stock hammer.... But I love mine!

I've got #19.

#8249 7 years ago

Youve got a ton of questions and answers, I have a feeling you are going to feel like you made a mistake if you go with the Pro. not that its not a great game, I mean, its Metallica!!! I just feel you are always going to have that thinking in the back of your head, did I make a mistake.

If you can afford it, do it.

#8262 7 years ago

You guys must play to the right of center lol. The hammer does not block any normal viewing lol. I think those are justifications y'all made up! To each his own.

#8335 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I use this for all pin repairs

If you ask Pro owners, they will tell you that is the hammer out of a Premium/LE lol

#8337 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, I'm a pro owner and I don't think the hammer blocks the view.

lol, It was topical...

#8405 7 years ago

F7 fuse blown 3 times. METLE

Not sure why..

#8407 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have a big problem, something is shorting it. Your sure your putting the proper fuse in?

Yea, I believe so. That fuse is part of the magnet circuity. I can tell when it has blown when they dont hold the ball at all, but I cant determine when it happens. I just notice that the ball is not being held. What do you think I should check for. Fuse is the correct replacement. It hasnt happend in quite a while now.

1 month later
#8608 7 years ago

Seems pinball life does not sell the super shiny balls anymore, what do you all recommend for Metallica? I am due...

Thanks!

#8611 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It is possible they are just out, they usually take them off the site when there is no stock.

Ive been checking for a few months now, maybe Ill just give them a call and see whats up.

#8614 7 years ago

I'm thinking about powder coating my Metallica LE armor. Thinking about chrome, but would like to know what you guys have done. Pics please or ideas would help.

#8618 7 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

The Titan pinballs are excellent, but remember, they are chrome steel so they magnetize very quickly on any game with magnets. I put them in my Shadow and balls immediately hung up in the trough.

Ok then those are out for me.

Next?

4 weeks later
#8753 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's Aurich's hammer. He made a limited run of them a while back.

30 to be exact. Well worth the price!!!

1 month later
#9076 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I like 'em. Solid as a rock. The older ones don't have the termination resistor boards on the lamp matrix headers so make sure you put good quality non ghosting leds in if you get one. They also have the older trough opto connector which was first upgraded on IMVE. This means you will get the odd ball-end-midball issue which requires a quick reseat of that connector.

Is this when in mid game, it just quits and drains? Is the connector you are talking about the white one that is in front of the trough? I reseat that and it works, but sometimes only for a minute. I dont understand why its coming off so easily.

#9078 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yep, that's the one. Got a shaker?
I think Centerflank came up with the idea of putting a zip tie vertically around it. Or if you want to do it properly recrimp it with a trifurcon connector.

Yep I have a shaker. Ill check out the zip tie deal thanks!

#9093 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Dont forget there is a connector on the backside of the trough too. Both can wiggle loose.

Oh OK thank you!!

1 week later
#9178 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Finally changed out all the remaining white bulbs..full color led's now! Pic's don't do it justice, but im stoked. Wooot

Man that looks amazing!! Where did you get the less from?

#9286 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Agreed. I purchased the metal post but haven't installed. Sometimes the ball comes back down the left side, sometimes it goes into the pops. It really depends on the speed when it approaches the up-post.

If mine was 50/50 id be happy with that. Unfortunately I only get into the pops about 10% of the time. Ill be replacing the post..

#9393 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Did some more Cliffy's on my Met today. Ball drain protector and the Sparky carbon fiber protector. Looks like I need a new magnet core. Where do you guys buy them?

Where did you get the protectors for the ball drops?

#9501 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Shortest Straw fits perfectly in the Unforgiven slot.

Oh really
Looks like I need to figure out pinball browser and change up some tunes

2 weeks later
#9987 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I believe this game needs the following songs:
Shortest straw
Anesthesia (pulling teeth)
The four horsemen
Am I evil
Green Hell
Stone cold crazy

Id love to put Anesthesia and Whiplash together in an 8 minute time slot, if one exists. Looks like I need to donate and get pinbrowser.

2 weeks later
#10202 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I apologize in advance, but these type of "mods" just make cringe. Like the guy I purchased my classic Stern Seawitch from, who decided it would be a great idea to permanently glue cheap plastic gemstones all over the original apron/plastics to "enhance the game's look". What a horrible idea that was. So were the "photographs of friends" he put in place of the instruction cards, where the masking tape degraded & destroyed the original screen printing on the apron.
Just because you can throw something unique on your pin, doesn't mean you should. I know there are multiple threads dedicated to modding etiquette, but some people just like to go crazy. Hey it's their game, so knock yourself out. I'm in the camp of adding standard mods that are universally popular with the community (lighting, pinblades, protectors, etc), that add to the game & don't clutter up the playfield with garbage/clutter. But if you're planning on selling someday, just remember the next guy might not be into those unusual mods as much as you are. To each their own I guess.

I'm hoping his miss were a joke. They look ridiculous and thought/hope he is just messing around.

#10232 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Oooh shiiny from PBL. They have been out of stock. I havent checked recently though.

I cant figure out where to buy pinballs, seems to be a tightly held secret!!!

#10261 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Really? Why do you say that? This is only after ~500 plays. If you look at the other pictures of the cube on Pinside this type of wear seems pretty normal. "toast" to me means doesn't work / will fail / will cause problems soon. I think I could play for another 5000+ games before this part fails.
I may change the newton cube out to a newton ball for gameplay reasons but I think the cube will work for as long as I want to leave it in.

If that is toast, mine is like Chernobyl. I do intend to get the pro setup though. Which reminds me ....where can this be purchased again?

1 week later
#10422 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

If that isn't distracting, I don't know what is. IMO.

1 week later
#10493 6 years ago
Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

So I am truly considering getting a MET soon, I've never owned a newer machine but every time I play it, I get that one more game feeling... but I have several young kids and shelter them from language, cussing doesn't bother my wife or I but would like to keep our kids innocent for the time being. Any suggestions? I know you can bleep but didnt know if anyone else has dealt with this. It'll be in my house, bedroom or living room since my mini game room is full and not yet climate controlled. Any ideas, suggestions are appreciated.

There is a setting that makes it much more family friendly, although with the *Bleeps* you can still tell what is being said. Of coruse you wont get JACK FUCKIN POT!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#10578 6 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

I'll be wading my way thru all 10,000+ posts in this thread, but it will take a while.
Would anyone like to offer the most important modifications of adjustments to make to this pin (Pro incandescent model) when starting at factory default? I don't typically go crazy with mods, but I know it isn't uncommon for there to be a few essential mods or adjustments to make to pins to get them playing and looking good, and perhaps prevent breakage as well.
I just installed a Rev B shaker tonight, and I have a full set of Cliffy's on order to help prevent wear. I'll address the Sparky airballs using the suggestions offered a few posts above this one. Are there any other things I should look at right away? I'm not likely to do a full LED conversion.

If I only did one mod, it would be an external subwoofer. Cheap and changes the whole game!

1 week later
#10636 6 years ago

I need my sparky turned into Lemmy!

#10647 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm cutting in front of ya and yer gonna let me.

Sorry, the "Aurich hammer 30" get in line first, I hope haha.

3 weeks later
#10810 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would check the trough opto switches. I never had an issues with opto switches on my Stern games but it seems like a common issue.

This. I kept having it happen, as well as the game just going dead thinking here was a 4th ball in the trough. There is a connection in front that is easy to see and I kept reseating that, even though it didnt really appear to be off. Someone mentioned a second connection on the other side of the trough(Side facing the back glass) and that is the one that was giving me issues. Once I reseated it, I havent had a problem since. Good luck.

1 month later
#11057 6 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

But how often is it stopped vs. getting bounced back? That's what the metal post fixes.
For me, I went from 75% plus bounce backs to maybe 1%. It was that drastic...

I would be happy with a 75% rebound. In nearly 100%. Need to finally get this ordered

3 weeks later
#11227 6 years ago
Quoted from graves0777:

Hello everyone just got my first pinball machine. NIB Metallica Premium roadcase. Its awesome. Our family is loving it. I installed a shaker motor on it but thats it so far. I also haven't updated the code yet. I did add some custom price cards though and they look sick!

Looks good, can you share the price cards?

2 months later
#11741 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

First mods installed. Skull coffin mod and ColorDMD. Look what the last one did to me

Get some side art, makes a world of difference.

#11768 6 years ago

Does anyone have a .bin file for a LE?

2 weeks later
#11902 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Figured out problem. POMC, whom made the Dropbox for me, has pro, I have premium. Is there any way to fix this? I guess now would be an excellent time to throw $20 at the Pinball Browser dude. Been meaning to but never changed any songs, until now.

Thats why I didnt pursue his upgrade. Wasnt sure how it would react with LE.. Let me know if it works out though.

#11903 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

New cabinet, new tunes.
KILL EM ALL.

I wish, my LE would be up for sale in a second.

1 month later
#12204 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Each song has what you could call a “checkpoint”. If you don’t make it to said checkpoint.....the song starts over. If you make it to a checkpoint or multiple checkpoints it will start from the last one you made it to. Sometimes I find myself cheating and cradling the ball for a few minutes just to make it to a certain part of the song lolol. I suck sometimes lol

Is it bad to hold the flippers for an extended period of time?

1 month later
#12358 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I am going to be selling a set of Creeping Death Lighting Effect strips from MI Pinball Refinery. They look amazing when used with Creeping Death Pinblades (not included). I'm only selling them because I ordered Pinstadium lights, which will also feature the UV Glow flashing effect.
I bought them from Steve @ MI Pinball Refinery in December 2017, so they are almost brand new! They cost me $70+shipping when I bought them.
https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Creeping-Death-Lighting-effects-for-the-Cabinet-Artwork/p/30141856/category=5707242
These Creeping Death strips have the extra set of lightning bolt decals applied to the top side. They also have alligator clips on the wiring harness, so installation requires no soldering. The kit will come with the metal hex mounting standoffs and hardware to complete the installation.
I am asking $60 for the set ($65 if Paypal G&S payment) with USPS Priority Mail shipping included, saving you at least $20 if you were to buy them new. My only caveat is that I don't want to remove them from my game until my Pinstadium order has shipped, which HOPEFULLY won't be much longer than another week or two. You don't have to send payment until I'm ready to ship, though.
PM me if interested. Thanks!
p.s. Pics are taken from the MI Refinery site.

I'll take them and have no problem waiting. PM your PayPal info. I do have the blades, so j know what I'm getting.

#12379 6 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I had the F7 fuse go out on my Met prem the other day and traced it down to the coffin magnet remaining on. Looks like I have to get a new board unless folks have figured out how to fix the issue. Have many others on this thread had this problem or has it been few and far between? Seems like kind of an odd problem to have on a Huo machine less than 2 years old?!

HUO and METLE owned since new. I have had the F7 fuse blow I think 2 times. It's actually been quite a while since it has blown last so I kinda chock it up to one of those things, right or wrong.

#12380 6 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I’m considering picking up a Met LE. What’s a nice, low play, huo, mostly stock, one owner machine worth? Thanks

What # and as an LE owner, I say 20,000 lol

1 week later
#12467 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Had an awesome game going ... then magnets stopped working.
Replaced magnet fuse but could hear a magnet come on when I turned on the game ... isolated to coffin magnet and disconnected magnet.
That's when the magic smoke came out

I've had my fuse blow twice and I seem to remember that it was when the coffin energized. Has your blown before?

1 week later
#12507 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So, it looks like my LE will be used in an upcoming tournament. Anyone know of a full-proof way to prevent the Sparky lock on issue where it sometimes locks on the coil when you open the coin door? I've had this happen several times as you hear the "click" of the coil when I open the door. I'll turn the game off at that point and all is good. In a tournament turning the game off isn't really an option and I don't want to just disconnect that feature for the show/tournament.
I bought the board and coil from pinball life but I'm not sure if that is a fix or just a replacement as the board looks the same as what is in my game now. I'm thinking of just locking the interlock switch to stay closed when the door is opened but am open to other suggestions.

I was simply going to say "just don't open the door" but in tourney play, there seems to be more to it. What makes tourney play different from hou or location play?

#12511 6 years ago

Great, thanks for the responses!!

#12522 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Help! Ball won't eject into shooter lane to start game. Says to load pinballs,but all 4 were in. Game goes into ball search with everything going off. I reseated the plug by trough and removed pinballs and put back in. It worked for a game, then has started it again. Not sure what else to check. It's a premium edition, and have owned since 2014 original owner.

There are 2 trough connections. On easy to see, one on the other side of the trough that's not so easy to see.

#12538 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I joined the club! A new Premium is on its way to me right now. I’ve been VERY excited counting the minutes until the expected delivery date of this Friday. However today I got some bad news when I checked the online FedEx tracking and saw that it has been delayed due to weather in Salt Lake. What a let down! I don’t see why it’s delayed considering each time I look at the weather app it doesn’t show any big storms in Utah at all. What the hell fedex??!!
On a good note, I’ve purchased a number or mods ahead of time

Hopefully one of those mods is a sub woofer.

#12555 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Didn’t you have a hammer idea for the pro models??

Good call!! He needs to do this for you guys!!

0205181950a (resized).jpg0205181950a (resized).jpg

#12566 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Your top spike and hammer number are missing!

The # is there(19), just not showing up in the pics. That top spike came loose and I just need to rescrew it in, but I have had 2 others break off.

#12568 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, wtf, did I seriously somehow forget to number one?

It's there, just not showing up in the pic.

#12571 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whew! That was bugging me, must just be the angle reflecting off the burnt leather. The spikes are loctited on, but only so much I can do against ball strikes and vibration I guess ...

Yea Aurich I'm not complaining at all. The hammer is bad ass and works as intended, giving my game a little more metal to go with the hotrod!!

Quoted from yzfguy:

My Aurich hammer is still my favorite mod. Period.

It's right behind the sub for me. But it is pretty bad ass for sure!!

1 week later
#12655 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

... in combination with the shaker motor, the hammar is a showstopper!

And an external sub!!! BOOOOMMM!!!!!

#12658 6 years ago

Are the power blades lit up with the blacklight system? I can't see the light rails.

#12661 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Thanks man!

They are activated by audio. There is a sensitivity knob on the power supply

Where are the lights mounted? I have these same pinblades, but no ligthing. That looks incredible!

#12698 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have been watching alot of video on the premium and i really like the light show and the spinners....the hammer not so much. I wanna talk about the hammer for a minute though. I have heard that the hammer is almost always tore up and not working on Metallica. Is that true and if it is why isnt it reliable?

Lol. Not true. I have 1000s of plays. There is nothing better than the music cranked up, lights off, and the hammer pounding the ball through the Playfield.

#12700 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i hope you are right RoostKing because my new Premium will be on its way tomorrow!
You have no idea how bad the wait is killing me.

Get a sub, a shaker, turn the room lights off and have your fave cocktail ready!!

#12704 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You know i will! A color dmd or lcd is a must also for this game. Is it the LCD that looks the best? If so how much and where can i get one at?

I need a Color dmd myself. Look into the side blades too.

#12723 6 years ago

How long would the post last if you cut a line down the middle of a metal post to help with kinetic absorbtion! Does the post rotate?

#12726 6 years ago

Well Murphys law strikes! Just when I'm saying how troublefree the hammer is, I burn out fuse 7 for the 5th time in 3 years. It seems to be a very rare problem with only a couple other owners reporting it, but it actually has nothing to do with the hammer itself it's the magnet. Just this time the hammer magnet was being energized and it just held the ball until the fuse blew, it's happened on Sparky as well. I'm not an electrical genius or Pinball Wizard so I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot it but again it's only happened 5 times in 3 years and seems to be very rare occurance!! Best pin ever still!!!!

0226181953 (resized).jpg0226181953 (resized).jpg

#12728 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just replace the fuse...that’s why they are there. And, enjoy the pin!

I actually started this thread 4 years ago. I have replaced the fuse, but I didnt pay attention to the fix. Sounds like the transistor can be bad. Taking a look tomorrowish.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magnets-not-working-on-met-le

#12730 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I suck at soldering...so I’d just keep a fuse on hand for the once a year change...either way, a great pin. Good luck, on a great pin.

Yea, Im not going to kill myself or burn up the game doing it ha.

#12732 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That's exactly what mine did. I replaced the fuse and it worked again, but over the next week or so, the hammer magnet kept getting weaker. Now it sometimes doesn't even try sensing the ball (rebooting seems to fix that). Hoping it's the magnet board since I have a new one on the way...
Like others day though, the lock is amazing and is always a thrill.

Is your board under warranty?

#12733 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That's exactly what mine did. I replaced the fuse and it worked again, but over the next week or so, the hammer magnet kept getting weaker. Now it sometimes doesn't even try sensing the ball (rebooting seems to fix that). Hoping it's the magnet board since I have a new one on the way...

#12739 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Quoted from Who-Dey:So can someone explain the left orbit reject problem to me? I noticed the machine that i played the other day did that a couple of times but i just figured it was suppose to do that. Is this a big problem or is it something that rarely happens? Also does it happen to all games and why does it happen?

During some modes, you shoot the left orbit , the post comes up stopping the ball, then goes back into the Playfield. From there, the ball should trickle down the right and into the pops. Mine rarely does it and the metal post fix seems to work with varying success.

#12766 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

And here's mine ...
» YouTube video
Oh yeah - and I LOVE my MET!!!

Can you take a pic of the Playfield facing straight on and more specifically the light rails? I have the creeping death pinblades and haven't been overly pumped about blocking my ramps and whatnot, but I do love how the blades light up

#12849 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Maybe I should’ve got a long socket...I used a fixed c-wrench...it took forever. And I had to be careful not to scratch the playfield.

I scratched my plastic...

#12862 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sorry man. I have a minor scratched plastic near Sparky from installing the bounce plastic...it happens...sucks when it does...but it happens. Either buy a new plastic, or accept it and enjoy playing the crap out of it. IMHO, pins are meant to be played, and certain wear is expected. Enjoy.

Yea I was bummed that night, but moved on and play the hell out of Met!! Since this is my first pin, it's kind of is a reminder to be careful when "Under the hood" so to speak.

#12863 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Lol right!!? Haha yeah the master of puppets glass is LE only.

And I think its the last LE with a mirrored backglass?? Or for awhile afterwards it was.

#12864 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And I think its the last LE with a mirrored backglass?? Or for awhile afterwards it was.

I take that back, Aerosmith was mirrored backglass and it looks pretty cool too!!

#12867 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My Met was my first NIB. As soon as I got it I lifted the playfield to adjust something. My TZ needed you to pull it all the way out to lock a mechanism so you could raise the playfield. I was stupid and didn’t look at the simple rails stern used. I promptly pulled the playfield until I pulled it off the rails inside the cab and the playfield fell into the cab. My wife helped me lift the playfeild out of the cab and back onto the rails. Luckily, no damage. I needed new underwear though. Live, learn, and play pinball!

Ummm, I did that as well...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
551 posts in this topic match your search for posts by roostking. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/1?tu=roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.