Topic Stats

• 17,241 posts
  • 963 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,953 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200126_165041 (resized).jpg
7E873FB7-3693-497C-8928-EA87AF9418C0 (resized).jpeg
1A93D9FE-6F28-4633-AB69-2AC241163DF1 (resized).jpeg
EE7496D8-1BB5-4B65-8EA8-D9795DF7EB0E (resized).jpeg
0155F11A-B4EF-47B0-B4FB-E363BDEDD610 (resized).jpeg
3D2082F6-1469-4970-8D31-6A786374A578 (resized).jpeg
LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17241 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 345.
#9802 2 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I mentioned the issue to Borg he said he was going to send me instructions for a simple fix, I'll share the info with everyone when I receive it.

Please do, Thanks!

#9803 2 years ago

Unrelated to recent stuff but

I've put 260 games on my NIB Metallica since Thursday and I'm happy to report no ghosting, chipping, or anything of that sort. Was a playfield manufactured in Nov of 2016.

Granted that's early in the life of a pinball machine, but with some recent playfields starting to ghost or chip at 20 plays, this seemed like a decent mention.

#9804 2 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I installed the metal post and I don't see any improvement.

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Really? Maybe I won't install it then.

Nonsense. This has been covered frequently in this thread. The metal post helps to absorb the impact of the ball from the orbit shots, stopping the ball & getting it to drop into the pops. That's the entire function of the post in the first place. The plastic post results in lots of rejected shots that come back down the orbits, especially on LT orbit shots.

Since I installed my metal post, rejected shots have been eliminated & the ball drops into the pops 100% of the time. It took less than 3 minutes to install. Couple of screws to loosen, swap the post, adjust the height. Roll up your sleeves & get to it, that's how you learn.

#9805 2 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Unrelated to recent stuff but
I've got 260 games on my Metallica since Thursday and I'm happy to report no ghosting, chipping, or anything of that sort. Was a playfield manufactured in Nov of 2016.
Granted that's early in the life of a pinball machine, but with some recent playfields starting to ghost or chip at 20 plays, this seemed like a decent mention.
Edit: didn't think to check for manufacturing company

Good to know- im in the market for one and was primarily looking for a used one to avoid a lot of the possible problems. Now the only issue is whether to get the pro or the premium. There aren't any marks for where the newer metallica PF's are manufactured are there?

#9806 2 years ago

I also added metal post and while not quite 100 percent its a drastic improvement over stock one.

#9807 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I also added metal post and while not quite 100 percent its a drastic improvement over stock one.

Can you post pics of your playfield handles to see how you mounted them? Thanks!!!

#9808 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you post pics of your playfield handles to see how you mounted them? Thanks!!!

Id love to but i have to move a ton of things at the moment to get to met lol..... as soon as i do ill send them to u bud.

#9809 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Id love to but i have to move a ton of things at the moment to get to met lol..... as soon as i do ill send them to u bud.

Oh ok, no worries! Thanks man!

#9810 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Oh ok, no worries! Thanks man!

When my trade deal goes threw this week ill be able to get it for u

#9811 2 years ago

Glad it works for some but the metal post did nothing for me.

#9812 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

When my trade deal goes threw this week ill be able to get it for u

You are trading your Met? Thanks!

#9813 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you do realize that the metal protector in front of the snake mouth is not a cliffy, but rather a factory provided protector that was installed during manufacture of the machine by stern, correct?

Ha. Nope, didn't know that. But on Pros with a properly positioned snake, the ball leaves the playfield surface and into the snake mouth well ahead of the edge of the wood, making removal a non-issue. Had it removed for a year, not even the slightest hint of wear in that area. Just because Stern does something doesn't make it necessary. On Premium/LEs, the mouth tends to sit lower making this a must, so I can get why they'd do it on those. Where Stern should have installed a factory cliffy is the (at least) left side of the Mystery hole which takes an absolute beating (I use mylar and a Mantis instead, much cleaner).

#9814 2 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Here's my new sparky -

WOW - that is very artistic, but also one SCARY looking Sparky!

#9815 2 years ago

I don't think it is nonsense. While I agree that it was an easy 5 minute install, adding the metal post has only dropped my left orbit rejection rate from 9 out of 10 to maybe 8 out of 10. Not the dramatic difference I had read about/hoped for.

#9816 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

I don't think it is nonsense. While I agree that it was an easy 5 minute install, adding the metal post has only dropped my left orbit rejection rate from 9 out of 10 to maybe 8 out of 10. Not the dramatic difference I had read about/hoped for.

Me too. Although I'd say I went from 9/10 rejects to maybe 5/10 or 6/10. Speedy shots still just bounce back.

#9817 2 years ago

New high score on 3 ball with a couple of extra balls at 20 mil and 150 mil. I had a ciu shot of 51 mil to the scoop.

Previous 5 games i couldnt break 15 mil.

20170220_141112 (resized).jpg

#9818 2 years ago

Just added chrome accessories to Metallica - speaker grills from Speaker Light Kits, flipper buttons and shooter rod from Pinball Decals

IMG_9583 (resized).JPG

IMG_9585 (resized).JPG

#9819 2 years ago

I just got done installing that metal post. Happy to report that the games I played after the ball did not bounce back even one time. Seems to have solved it perfectly. I could be wrong, but I think the reason it works is because the metal post is only about 1/2 the diameter of the plastic one, it is noticeably smaller. I'm talking about the smaller part that pops up above the playfield, the part below the playfield looked to be the same size and the height was identical to the plastic one. Since the diameter is smaller, it has a little more "play" in the playfield hole, it absorbs the impact and moves a little when hit.

#9820 2 years ago

I feel like plastic would maybe bounce back more when hit as well, whereas metal might result in a "deader" transfer of the ball's energy. I'm no physicist though.

#9821 2 years ago

I just got done installing that metal post. Happy to report that the games I played after the ball did not bounce back even one time.

Good for you dude! Majority of owners know that post solves the problem.

#9822 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Good for you dude! Majority of owners know that post solves the problem.

It worked great! I also moved the two post on the left outlane and right outlane. I moved them in to make it easier... anyone else do that? Right away we were all getting higher scores and longer ball times with that change. It feels a little like cheating though.

#9823 2 years ago

I also moved the two post on the left outlane and right outlane. I moved them in to make it easier... anyone else do that? .. It feels a little like cheating though.

That's a standard adjustment option. Not cheating at all.

#9824 2 years ago

What is the part number or can someone post a link for the metal post? Thx

#9825 2 years ago

Can someone explain the importance of the pops? I think it has something to do with increasing increasing the fuel lane value or something like that. Each time you hit the pops it counts piston hits right? Those animations in the pops never made sense to me.

#9826 2 years ago

Besides the pops, those rollover k guys add up and get you better mystery awards.

#9827 2 years ago

I love how the mystery always rolls past Light Extra Ball to something dumb like +1 Coffin or +2 Bonus.

#9828 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What is the part number or can someone post a link for the metal post? Thx

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591

#9829 2 years ago

I get a lot of bricks/rejects when trying to shoot the snake, both from the right flipper and the left. I'm not too good, so there's that, but anyway to make this better?

#9830 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

New high score on 3 ball with a couple of extra balls at 20 mil and 150 mil. I had a ciu shot of 51 mil to the scoop.
Previous 5 games i couldnt break 15 mil.

That was almost exactly my high score until 2 weeks ago when I invited some jerkweed (actually a good buddy, I kiiid, I kiiid) over to play and he became GC on my premum monsters machine with a 350 mil game.

Thought I was gonna catch him when I had an epic 276 mil on 1st ball, but mustered a 326 mil game overall.

Getting those stacked MB's are the key to a good score.

#9831 2 years ago

I feel like having a good CIU and then hitting FUEL for a 2X exit jackpot is the key. You can get jackpots at 200-300M+ this way. The trick of course is actually doing it.

#9832 2 years ago

What is the perfect stack in MET? And in what order.

#9833 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

The only real stack is Coffin Multiball into one of Snake, Cross or Sparky Multiball, then locking a ball in snake for double scoring. I prefer taking Snake in.
Everything else can be added on at anytime. Seek and Destroy, Fuel, Justice, Blackened, double scoring.

#9834 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The only real stack is Coffin Multiball into one of Snake, Cross or Sparky Multiball, then locking a ball in snake for double scoring. I prefer taking Snake in.
Everything else can be added on at anytime. Fuel, Justice, Blackened, double scoring.

I think you mean Snake, Cross, or Sparky into Coffin. Don't you have to start Coffin first? Will Coffin start if you're already in one of the others?

#9835 2 years ago

Coffin must be started first.

I read his post as "Start Coffin, then start one of the others."

#9836 2 years ago

Changed some songs up on my MET Prem yesterday. I'm a big Guns N' Roses fan.

Sad but True - Welcome to the Jungle
Creeping Death - Sweet Child of Mine
Fuel - Out Ta Get Me
Seek and Destroy - Paradise City
The End of the Line - Rocket Queen
Master of Puppets - Civil War
Battery - Don't Damn Me
Ride the Lightening - Night-train
Blackened - You could be Mine

#9837 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Fuel - Out Ta Get Me
Battery - Don't Damn Me

Yuck!

#9838 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Fuel - Out Ta Get Me
Battery - Don't Damn Me

That's funny, because I changed out all the songs on my GNR to Metallica ...

#9839 2 years ago

Coffin must be started first.
I read his post as "Start Coffin, then start one of the others."

That's what I thought, but I read "into Snake, etc" meaning those already being started.

#9840 2 years ago

It worked great! I also moved the two post on the left outlane and right outlane. I moved them in to make it easier... anyone else do that? Right away we were all getting higher scores and longer ball times with that change. It feels a little like cheating though.

What posts did you move? Thanks!

#9841 2 years ago

He means the outlane posts that every game has. Funny enough I couldn't find a flipper pic in google that had both, but one is circled here.

Metallica_pinball_flippers (resized).jpg

#9842 2 years ago

It made the game a little easier for sure. My wife liked the change.

#9843 2 years ago

Cheater!!!

#9844 2 years ago

With how often the ball STILL just rolls across the tops of the lane guides, I wouldn't feel too bad about it. The amount of spin the ball gets (and maintains) on this game is nuts!

#9845 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Stacking isn't all that lucrative.. it's more about the multipliers and advancing towards CIU as your prime things to take advantage of while in multiball. You aren't getting much advantage by having multiple things going on.

Multiball gets you dozens of millions if done great.. crank it up will do more than that even if you do very poorly.

#9846 2 years ago

Can someone explain the number of pop number hits and how it relates to anything else?

#9847 2 years ago

Pop hits add up to light the 3 yellow circular inserts by the fuel lane. A shot to the fuel lane awards 1 blown piston for each lit light. Blown pistons add up to light extra ball.

There may be some other coding rule, but that's how I understand it.

#9848 2 years ago

I suppose also the number of fuel lane hits, besides awarding a blown piston, doubles the playfield scoring at that time? The whole fuel lane and targets is still not clear.

#9849 2 years ago

Yeah, I have to say, the FUEL double scoring doesn't seem to work how I thought it did. I thought hitting the targets to spell FUEL was supposed to light double scoring, and then a shot to the target inside the Fuel Lane would start 2x, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Or maybe I'm missing the 2x callout.

#9850 2 years ago

Yeah, I have to say, the FUEL double scoring doesn't seem to work how I thought it did. I thought hitting the targets to spell FUEL was supposed to light double scoring, and then a shot to the target inside the Fuel Lane would start 2x, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Or maybe I'm missing the 2x callout.

That's supposed to be how it works. It's possible some other call out had priority. It's usually Kirk saying, "Yeah, double scoring!"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 17241 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside