IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 433.
#9751 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is there any way to tell if I have it already? Thanos75 just bought his and it fried....Maybe some have it and some don't? Thanks

Whatever you do..DON'T play and and DON'T dare get sparky multiball..muahahaha

#9752 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Whatever you do..DON'T play and and DON'T dare get sparky multiball..muahahaha

+1

#9753 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is there any way to tell if I have it already? Thanos75 just bought his and it fried....Maybe some have it and some don't? Thanks

It doesn't look like Thanos75 had the same problem. His door was closed. That coindoor/coil problem was taken care of before the metal speaker box versions came out. It could have just been a shorted transistor, as LOTR_Breath mentioned. If something like that is going to happen, it's going to happen.

#9754 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It doesn't look like Thanos75 had the same problem. His door was closed. That coindoor/coil problem was taken care of before the metal speaker box versions came out. It could have just been a shorted transistor, as LOTR_Breath mentioned. If something like that is going to happen, it's going to happen.

Great info! So this issue has already been taken care of at the factory. Great! Thanks!

Hey Dee-Bow: Take That! Hahahahahaha

IMG_8985 (resized).JPGIMG_8985 (resized).JPG

IMG_8989 (resized).JPGIMG_8989 (resized).JPG

IMG_8986 (resized).JPGIMG_8986 (resized).JPG

#9755 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Oh shit. I seem to recall some kind of problem where the Sparky coil can lock on if you power on the game with the coin door open. I thought this was fixed in later runs, though.

I thought one of the more recent code updates also addressed this issue? Or tried to at least...

Rob

#9756 7 years ago

All the recent metallica pro's ive seen all look like they have nice playfields. Any issues from new buyers since unboxing and putting some plays on them?

thanks

#9757 7 years ago

A little chipping on my Metallica pro.

IMG_0556 (resized).JPGIMG_0556 (resized).JPG

#9758 7 years ago

IMG_0553 (resized).JPGIMG_0553 (resized).JPG

#9759 7 years ago

Installing sparky extended plastic..... Does this hex spacer go all the way to the bottom of the playfield or is this spacer screwed on to the a spacer below it? I really can't tell.....

BTW, how did you guys manage to remove it? Sparky's hand and knee get in the way of any tool big time. Thanks!

IMG_9003 (resized).JPGIMG_9003 (resized).JPG

#9760 7 years ago

I just use my fingers and twist it off. It comes right off. Dont over tighten it when you put it back. Just lightly snug it up.

#9761 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Installing sparky extended plastic..... Does this hex spacer go all the way to the bottom of the playfield or is this spacer screwed on to the a spacer below it? I really can't tell.....
BTW, how did you guys manage to remove it? Sparky's hand and knee get in the way of any tool big time. Thanks!

Get it from the side with w wrench or pliers to loosen it.

#9762 7 years ago

... completed yet another custom sparky & hammer ... thanks to all who continue referring my work.

2hammer (resized).jpg2hammer (resized).jpg

4clownSparky (resized).jpg4clownSparky (resized).jpg

1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg

#9763 7 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

... completed yet another custom sparky & hammer ... thanks to all who continue referring my work.

Very nice work.

#9764 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I just use my fingers and twist it off. It comes right off. Dont over tighten it when you put it back. Just lightly snug it up.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Get it from the side with w wrench or pliers to loosen it.

It's super tight! Thanks guys!!!

#9765 7 years ago

Yes Dee-Bow, I played a game already hahahahaha

IMG_9005 (resized).PNGIMG_9005 (resized).PNG

#9767 7 years ago

Hey guys -

If anyone is looking for some Cliffys for Met, I am offering up the Mystery Hole protector, Snake protector, and the two inlane protectors for $25 shipped priority mail. They are used but good condition. I bought my Met Pro with them on but re-cleared the playfield professionally and don't see a need for them anymore w/home use. PM me.

#9768 7 years ago

Nice work MacLean! Throw those Sparky pics up in the resource thread

#9769 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Nice work MacLean! Throw those Sparky pics up in the resource thread

thanks. much appreciated.

#9770 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Hey guys -
If anyone is looking for some Cliffys for Met, I am offering up the Mystery Hole protector, Snake protector, and the two inlane protectors for $25 shipped priority mail. They are used but good condition. I bought my Met Pro with them on but re-cleared the playfield professionally and don't see a need for them anymore w/home use. PM me.

you do realize that the metal protector in front of the snake mouth is not a cliffy, but rather a factory provided protector that was installed during manufacture of the machine by stern, correct?

#9771 7 years ago

Screenshot_20170218-235342 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170218-235342 (resized).png

#9772 7 years ago

IMG_9678 (resized).JPGIMG_9678 (resized).JPG

#9773 7 years ago

Why did you need to photoshop the HS initials?

#9774 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Why did you need to photoshop the HS initials?

Was wondering this myself.

#9775 7 years ago

Because I don't want my real initials on Pinside? Because this is the internet and I prefer keeping a degree of privacy and separation.

#9776 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Because I don't want my real initials on Pinside?

Wow!

#9777 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you do realize that the metal protector in front of the snake mouth is not a cliffy, but rather a factory provided protector that was installed during manufacture of the machine by stern, correct?

Based on how beat up my "factory cliffy" in front the snake is I'd seriously consider putting it back on again. If even Stern decided it was a necessary expense, you know something's up.

#9778 7 years ago

I thought he was pointing out that he's selling a factory protector. To me that would suggest he DEFINITELY wants to keep that one.

#9779 7 years ago

Why not photoshop your initials to a higher score then? 200 million..shit, just take the glass off and do the TNT ball in hand trick! 200 billlllllllion.....by the way..no one is going to steal your initials.

#9780 7 years ago

Because that's cheating. That's my actual high score, I just don't want my personal info online. It's weird that people are weirded out about this. Some people like to put their whole lives online others don't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#9781 7 years ago

Because that's cheating. That's my actual high score, I just don't want my personal info online. It's weird that people are weirded out about this. Some people like to put their whole lives online others don't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But you already have WOW as your high score initials in your avatar. If that's not your real initials either, why not photoshop to WOW to stay consistent? I don't think anyone is weirded out, just curious. Initials are not that revealing to your personal life.

#9782 7 years ago

WOW is just a word I put in there. I used GAQ because some people have used that in posts to refer to me. I'll just see if the mods can remove it though. I was just excited to share and this turned into a whole lot of work and worry.

#9784 7 years ago

WOW is just a word I put in there. I used GAQ because some people have used that in posts to refer to me. I'll just see if the mods can remove it though. I was just excited to share and this turned into a whole lot of work and worry.

We're a serious, curious, nit-picking bunch here on Pinside!

#9785 7 years ago

Yeah. I guess it IS a little weird. I have a lot of anxiety and irrational things like changing your initials is a hallmark anxiety behavior

Sorry dudes.

#9786 7 years ago

Yeah. I guess it IS a little weird. I have a lot of anxiety and irrational things like changing your initials is a hallmark anxiety behavior

Sorry dudes.

Ya don't need to be sorry, we are a giant group of weirdos here..... That's half the fun

#9787 7 years ago

I know. I just feel a little stupid. But I could have way bigger problems in life right!?

Among other minor problems, my left slingshot sometimes fires when my right flipper does. I think a pop might be too. I'm assuming I should be looking for wires touching somewhere to troubleshoot?

If it helps, I'm spontaneously awarded 170 points when it happens, even during song select.

#9788 7 years ago

I know. I just feel a little stupid. But I could have way bigger problems in life right!?
Among other minor problems, my left slingshot sometimes fires when my right flipper does. I think a pop might be too. I'm assuming I should be looking for wires touching somewhere to troubleshoot?
If it helps, I'm spontaneously awarded 170 points when it happens, even during song select.

Both of those are activated by leaf switches. If they aren't gapped enough, other coils firing can cause them to activate and award points from vibration.

#9789 7 years ago

I'll check those out! Thanks for the lead.

#9790 7 years ago

Hello. Got a Metallica pro on the weekend. Only really ever played the premium/le.

If I shoot the right orbit the post will come up and the ball will go into the pops.
If I shoot the left orbit the post will come up and the ball will hit it and bounce back down the left side.... Shot doesn't seem to register either as the red insert still flashs.

Game is set to 7 degrees and flipper power is set to high.

#9791 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hello. Got a Metallica pro on the weekend. Only really ever played the premium/le.
If I shoot the right orbit the post will come up and the ball will go into the pops.
If I shoot the left orbit the post will come up and the ball will hit it and bounce back down the left side.... Shot doesn't seem to register either as the red insert still flashs.
Game is set to 7 degrees and flipper power is set to high.

Mine does the same thing. I bought the metal post on pinball life's website. I have no idea how to install it though, so it's still just sitting here. The metal one is supposed to solve this problem.

#9792 7 years ago

I installed the metal post and I don't see any improvement.

#9793 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Really? Maybe I won't install it then.

#9794 7 years ago

Sorry dudes.

I'm all about privacy and totally understand not posting full names, etc but initials. Damn. That's next level. Have to be a real matlock to leverage a guys initials off a pinball website although I guess it's possible. Funny though that you wanted to share your score via pic when you could of just posted it here and not gone through the trouble of changing initials.

#9795 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Damn. Are they coming out of the factory like this? Or does it happen overtime? I'm guessing the ball is hitting the post right in the middle instead of on the side... And because of this it's rebounding instead is deflecting.
In this case is it an issue with the orbit?

Do the pops actually do much in Metallica? Have people disabled the post for a faster game?

#9796 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Damn. Are they coming out of the factory like this? Or does it happen overtime? I'm guessing the ball is hitting the post right in the middle instead of on the side... And because of this it's rebounding instead is deflecting.
In this case is it an issue with the orbit?
Do the pops actually do much in Metallica? Have people disabled the post for a faster game?

This issue has been talked about a lot in met threads. I assumed the metal post solved it mostly but I guess not. The game seems to be designed to let the ball go into the pops a lot.

#9797 7 years ago

I mentioned the issue to Borg he said he was going to send me instructions for a simple fix, I'll share the info with everyone when I receive it.

#9798 7 years ago

Here's my new sparky -

IMG_0237 (resized).JPGIMG_0237 (resized).JPG

#9799 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Here's my new sparky -

DAAAMMMMNNNNN!!!!!! Awesome!!!! Who did that for you?

#9800 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I mentioned the issue to Borg he said he was going to send me instructions for a simple fix, I'll share the info with everyone when I receive it.

That would be awesome if you could share that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.