Topic Stats

• 18,067 posts
  • 1,010 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 373 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,138 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

19435A4D-8C40-47A5-AEEF-A995524F2543 (resized).jpeg
20201014_145056 (resized).jpg
20170129_124250 (resized).jpg
20200301_154622 (resized).jpg
IMG_1667 (resized).jpg
IMG_1665 (resized).jpg
IMG_1669 (resized).jpg
7BD89712-53E9-47B3-AC5A-CAE1B850DCC7 (resized).jpeg
3C59F7CD-D0F7-4865-86A7-4F71C0234AAD (resized).jpeg
F583F52B-566B-43A8-88B6-CB947B60CD43 (resized).jpeg
5977A66D-0A01-4078-AB28-EB77583A080E (resized).jpeg
9FE87E7A-8BC1-456B-8333-B0CBABECDE8F (resized).jpeg
BADA4CC5-4A70-4913-A723-55C43DA74DC3 (resized).jpeg
met premium (resized).jpg
D8EC7AA4-7BE9-482E-906E-A00B11FA089B (resized).jpeg
1E347166-DADA-45F1-A6F1-590F62DF950D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18067 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 362.
#9651 3 years ago

Basically I have tried all the suggestions (thank you) and I still have the same problem. What should I do next? So confused and so disappointed right now.....

#9652 3 years ago

who did you purchase this from? (which distributor?

I would get on the phone with them (facetime if you can) and attempt to get it straightened out asap

#9653 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

who did you purchase this from? (which distributor?
I would get on the phone with them (facetime if you can) and attempt to get it straightened out asap

CT...They are aware and have offered their full support if this is not fixed. I just don't know what options I would have. I would hope for Stern to replace my machine and not just the playfield but don't know how realistic that would be

#9654 3 years ago

I serviced a WPT about a year ago. It had problems with the playfield sitting in the cabinet straight. The support rails were not installed correctly. So, it might be worth a check on that. You'd have to remove the playfield and examine the rails. If you can get the distributor to take the machine back, I think that would be your best bet. I think you have a defective unit.

#9655 3 years ago

On some games you have to pull the playfield towards you to get it to lay right. Did you try this?

#9656 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On some games you have to pull the playfield towards you to get it to lay right. Did you try this?

Yes sir. I have tried everything....

#9657 3 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I serviced a WPT about a year ago. It had problems with the playfield sitting in the cabinet straight. The support rails were not installed correctly. So, it might be worth a check on that. You'd have to remove the playfield and examine the rails. If you can get the distributor to take the machine back, I think that would be your best bet. I think you have a defective unit.

I think so too. Thanks!

#9658 3 years ago

Did you try yelling & throwing shit across the room? This is what I do when I get frustrated. It does not help, but it makes me feel good.

Best of luck

#9659 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Did you try yelling & throwing shit across the room? This is what I do when I get frustrated. It does not help, but it makes me feel good.
Best of luck

No, but my wife did that for me when she found out I spent 5K on a defective machine

#9660 3 years ago

Where are ya located? Maybe someone is local to give a second set of eyes.

#9661 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Quoted from KornFreak28:

No, but my wife did that for me when she found out I spent 5K on a defective machine ...

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of wives would act that way even if you spent $5K on a perfectly working machine ...

#9662 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of wives would act that way even if you spent $5K on a perfectly working machine ...

True but it does not make me feel better

#9663 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Where are ya located? Maybe someone is local to give a second set of eyes.

Nobody close to me with pinball machines unfortunately....Thanks

#9664 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sorry to hear about your issue there, Korn.

My MET Premium playfield was a little difficult to settle into the guides when I first lifted it out, but nothing like what your experiencing.

Sounds like a major warping of the cabinet or misalignment/mislocating of rail supports/guides has occurred.

My other Sterns are not like you have described.

#9665 3 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Sorry to hear about your issue there, Korn.
My MET Premium playfield was a little difficult to settle into the guides when I first lifted it out, but nothing like what your experiencing.
Sounds like a major warping of the cabinet or misalignment/mislocating of rail supports/guides has occurred.
My other Sterns are not like you have described.

Thanks for your support man! Enjoy your Met!

#9666 3 years ago

That was my game.

One of the things I did to try and resolve it was remove the playfield hook assemblies one at a time. Enlarge the holes a bit with a drill and then mount them back. Tighten them when the playfield is sitting down in place with the hooks in the slot.

Rob

#9667 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Pinside map shows 4 or 5 Pinsiders in your area. If there's 4 or 5 on Pinside, there are probably even more in your area who are not on Pinside.

#9668 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Basically I have tried all the suggestions (thank you) and I still have the same problem. What should I do next? So confused and so disappointed right now.....

Pm sent. Good luck

#9669 3 years ago

I have been thinking about your situation all day Korn. It sucks. Mine gets here Wednesday and I ordered mine from the sameplace as you. I am already nervous about setting it up. I have never even opened one before. If I notice any problems with mine you guys will be the first to know.....well second....maybe third because I'm sure my neighbor will be hearing me cursing and smashing stuff.

#9670 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Pinside map shows 4 or 5 Pinsiders in your area. If there's 4 or 5 on Pinside, there are probably even more in your area who are not on Pinside.

Thanks! I'll check that out!

Well I got a tip from pinsider tomh....there's this useless bracket here on both sides that might be causing this issue. Will remove and report back. Keeping fingers crossed.....What is that for anyway?

IMG_8954 (resized).PNG

#9671 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! I'll check that out!
Well I got a tip from pinsider tomh....there's this useless bracket here on both sides that might be causing this issue. Will remove and report back. Keeping fingers crossed.....What is that for anyway?

it centers the playfield when its going down....

#9672 3 years ago

Maybe there is an installation issue with these then. I bought my met pro from cointaker two weeks ago and was having the same issue (bracket was rubbing against playfield on both sides every time I raised or lowered it). I took those off mine (kept them of course) and the issue stopped. Maybe they needed to be moved, I don't know, but the adjustment worked on mine.

#9673 3 years ago

I'm assuming that the playfield is already locked into position for shipping. So shouldn't it just go right back in place?

#9674 3 years ago

Looks like tomh hit it right on the nail!!!! Now the playfield sits with very little effort!!! I'll keep testing it just to make sure but it looks like this resolves the issue! Hope The playfield didn't get damaged when I was having a hard time with it!

IMG_8955 (resized).JPG

#9675 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

it centers the playfield when its going down....

I honestly think they are useless. As long as the hooks sit on the slots the PF should be centered no?

#9676 3 years ago

Glad it worked. It also is good to hear that bigd1979 supports also since I have took his advice when troubleshooting my pins several times! After two years in the hobby, its nice to finally be able to help someone instead of always asking for help.

#9677 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I honestly think they are useless. As long as the hooks sit on the slots the PF should be centered no?

I was just awnsering your question about what it was for. Ive heard of others haveiing issues also so they removed them and it made it better. I dont think its a big deal if they are not installed. Glad u figured it out man...

#9678 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looks like tomh hit it right on the nail!!!! Now the playfield sits with very little effort!!! I'll keep testing it just to make sure but it looks like this resolves the issue! Hope The playfield didn't get damaged when I was having a hard time with it!

Glad to hear you got it fixed and thanks to tomh for the suggestion. Now korn make sure you tell CT what the fix was.

#9679 3 years ago

@Korn ...... Have you played your first game yet?

#9680 3 years ago

I guess they are just there to help center things up bc of the way sterns stupit rail system works lol...

#9681 3 years ago

BigD, MustangPaul and TomH...Thanks for the kind words and TomH thanks sooo much for your tip man! I will keep testing some more but it looks like this is it man!

Thanos: I have played 3 games only. I'm wating for the cliffys. I do not want to play it until I install them cliffy protectors. They are on their way.

#9682 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Glad to hear you got it fixed and thanks to tomh for the suggestion. Now korn make sure you tell CT what the fix was.

I'll let my buddy Chris @ CT know first thing in the morning! Hope I didn't ruin his Valentine's dinner with my issues

#9683 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

BigD, MustangPaul and TomH...Thanks for the kind words and TomH thanks sooo much for your tip man! I will keep testing some more but it looks like this is it man!
Thanos: I have played 3 games only. I'm wating for the cliffys. I do not want to play it until I install them cliffy protectors. They are on their way.

U will be fine.i played 100 games before my cliffys arrived and game still looked new.

#9684 3 years ago

Thank you to everybody who helped me with this issue!

Can anybody tell me is Metallica is SAM or SPIKE?

#9685 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U will be fine.i played 100 games before my cliffys arrived and game still looked new.

When was yours built?

#9686 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thank you to everybody who helped me with this issue!

Quoted from KornFreak28:

When was yours built?

Sam system and mine was 2015 i believe...

#9687 3 years ago

It's a commercial pinball machine, not a museum artifact.

Crack a beer, play the damn thing, install the cliffys later. It will be fine.

#9688 3 years ago

C'mon Korn, get in there and play it! Chicks dig scars more than nice pants any day.

#9689 3 years ago

All MET's are SAM.

#9690 3 years ago

Hoaky and Time Bandit: You are correct I will play some Metallica tomorrow for sure! I just wanted to fully protect the darn thing before going full blast on it....Thanks!

#9691 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

All MET's are SAM.

Thanks!

#9692 3 years ago

So what was the score on your first game?!

Mine's coming tomorrow. Queue up the longest Wednesday of my life. Thankfully, Pinball Refinery has to lift and move and all-sorts-of-stuff the playfield to do their work so I'm basically worry free. The game has already been set up once so I'll just set it up again tomorrow.

#9693 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Spikes are easy to spot, there's only one board in the bb.

#9694 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Spikes are easy to spot, there's only one board in the bb.

The location of the power switch in the backbox also gives Spike away without having to remove anything. Personally I like the SAM system and am glad Met is on it instead of Spike.

Korn - Regarding those centering brackets that you removed, I have never removed them but I'm glad it solved your issue. Get to playing! Don't wait for the cliffy's, you can still knock out a few hundred games without much worry. Make sure you read the cliffy instructions and follow them, especially for the shooter lane protectors if you got those. Your next post better be a picture of a high score you posted

#9695 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow if your PF was that tight against the sides like that....don't every get pin/mirror blades!!! That's redunk!

#9696 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I have played 3 games only. I'm wating for the cliffys. I do not want to play it until I install them cliffy protectors. They are on their way.

O. M. G.

#9697 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The location of the power switch in the backbox also gives Spike away without having to remove anything. Personally I like the SAM system and am glad Met is on it instead of Spike.
Korn - Regarding those centering brackets that you removed, I have never removed them but I'm glad it solved your issue. Get to playing! Don't wait for the cliffy's, you can still knock out a few hundred games without much worry. Make sure you read the cliffy instructions and follow them, especially for the shooter lane protectors if you got those. Your next post better be a picture of a high score you posted

You know how with Williams games the playfield slides in the lockdown receiver slots like butter....Now that I "fixed" my issue, now I just have to give it a slight push or slight adjustment and it goes right in. I just want to know if pretty much this is normal for Stern games? Sorry guys, this is my first time owning a Stern pin, not used to this at all. All my other pins are Williams....BTW, sucks that I had to remove brackets installed at the factory....but whatever works I guess

#9698 3 years ago

About the playing time....Ever since I started reading this Thread, I all hear is to "Install cliffys before ball 1 is played" or else. I got spooked I guess with all the bad reviews and all the paranoia out there

#9699 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You know how with Williams games the playfield slides in the lockdown receiver slots like butter....Now that I "fixed" my issue, now I just have to give it a slight push or slight adjustment and it goes right in. I just want to know if pretty much this is normal for Stern games? Sorry guys, this is my first time owning a Stern pin, not used to this at all. All my other pins are Williams....BTW, sucks that I had to remove brackets installed at the factory....but whatever works I guess

No it's not normal for Stern games. You should not have to remove those brackets. It's a bandaid fix but if you're happy then move on.

#9700 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No it's not normal for Stern games. You should not have to remove those brackets. It's a bandaid fix but if you're happy then move on.

Yes you are correct. CT is checking with Stern about those brackets to make sure it doesn't void warranty. I personally think they installed them a tad too high

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 18067 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 362.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside