C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 434.
#9351 7 years ago

Stupid question but does my Met say "Smash 4 balls to start coffin MB"...... isn't it 3?

#9352 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm in the club! Ordered my Metallica Monsters Premium from JJ at Game Exchange today! It's being delivered tomorrow, can't wait!

How was the pricing? Have sterns new pricing gone into effect yet?

#9353 7 years ago

Anyone ever install these in a MET Pro? I've never owned a machine without the support brackets underneath, it really bothers me. How do you even properly work on these, I can't pull the playfield out far enough. I'm pretty sure the Star Trek Pro I used to own had them. Not sure how they'd even install, there are no holes for the t-nuts. Not even sure the exact spot to put them.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#9354 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Anyone ever install these in a MET Pro? I've never owned a machine without the support brackets underneath, it really bothers me. How do you even properly work on these, I can't pull the playfield out far enough. I'm pretty sure the Star Trek Pro I used to own had them. Not sure how they'd even install, there are no holes for the t-nuts. Not even sure the exact spot to put them.

Yes. I installed those on my MET pro. Unfortunately, the new MET pro LEDs don't have the proper sized hole, so I had to improvise. I hammered the t-nut into the hole for the pegs. It's doesn't fit perfectly, but it gets the job done.

#9355 7 years ago

I installed them on my MET, and I think I used t-nuts. I don't remember if there were holes available or not. I think I installed them on my KISS pro, as well, but I'd have to check. When finding a spot to screw the rails toward the middle of the playfield, you need to make sure everything in the bottom of the cabinet clears when the playfield is all the way down in position.

#9356 7 years ago

Here are some pics I found online for a tron, it looks like the holes are drilled closer to the edge of the playfield for the t-nuts.

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#9357 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

How was the pricing? Have sterns new pricing gone into effect yet?

Seemed like it was $100 more than I was quoted last year on premiums......

#9358 7 years ago

Just got my Metallica premium monsters new in box opened it and started putting all the protectors on and noticed this label on my play field has anyone seen this before?

IMG_4462 (resized).JPGIMG_4462 (resized).JPG

IMG_4463 (resized).JPGIMG_4463 (resized).JPG

IMG_4464 (resized).JPGIMG_4464 (resized).JPG

#9359 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Just got my Metallica premium monsters new in box opened it and started putting all the protectors on and noticed this label on my play field has anyone seen this before?

My pro has a similar sticker

#9360 7 years ago

I have them in my Pro. You have to drill your own holes as Stern stopped doing this a while ago on the Pros. The supports will come with instructions. It's a pretty easy process.

#9361 7 years ago

Love that they spelled Metallica wrong.

#9362 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Love that they spelled Metallica wrong.

Leaving one "l" out is the abbreviated way of writing it.

#9363 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I have them in my Pro. You have to drill your own holes as Stern stopped doing this a while ago on the Pros. The supports will come with instructions. It's a pretty easy process.

Where exactly are the holes drilled tho? the apron area? Thanks!

#9364 7 years ago

Odd......my NIB Premium, built in Nov 16, PF date stamp of Apr 16. Hopefully that's before they started having issues??

#9365 7 years ago

I don't know the difference between WPC troughs and Stern troughs but have you confirmed this will fit a Stern?

I will check tonight. I've got a couple of those PETG protectors and will see if it fits both my CftBL and my MET and report back

#9366 7 years ago

Yes they are drilled under the apron. No worries if you screw up, but it was so easy I don't see how you could screw up. I was a little apprehensive since I have never drilled into a playfield before let alone a brand new game but it was easy and painless.

PFsupports (resized).pngPFsupports (resized).png

#9367 7 years ago

Yes they are drilled under the apron. No worries if you screw up, but it was so easy I don't see how you could screw up. I was a little apprehensive since I have never drilled into a playfield before let alone a brand new game but it was easy and painless.

Awesome. I thought I remembered seeing a picture on pinside of the EXACT spots the holes are supposed to be drilled. I looked around and couldn't find the thread it was in. It showed the measurements of where to drill. If anyone remembers where that pic is, please post it. I think it was the spots Stern drills them, or used to drill them, from the factory.

#9368 7 years ago

Many Premium comes in an hour!!!!

#9369 7 years ago

Excited for you!!

#9370 7 years ago

Do the premiums come with those service brackets installed? If so, some pics from someone would be great, it would be nice to know the best spot where each end should be screwed down on met pro.

#9371 7 years ago

Met is awesome, pro or premium, can't really go wrong.

#9372 7 years ago

I made some clear cling playfield protectors what do you guys think they seem to be working well on my machine - pictures have white paper backing on them so they are visible - also made flipper button protectors of the same material and they are working great and removable

IMG_4466 (resized).JPGIMG_4466 (resized).JPG

IMG_4468 (resized).JPGIMG_4468 (resized).JPG

IMG_4467 (resized).JPGIMG_4467 (resized).JPG

IMG_4472 (resized).JPGIMG_4472 (resized).JPG

#9373 7 years ago

How is it holding up over time? where did you get the clear cling? My NIB comes today and I'd like to protect around the magnets from day 1

#9374 7 years ago

Thank you very much!

What is the difference between mylar and cling?

#9375 7 years ago

That's what I did I created them and put them on day one it seems to be holding up well protecting the entire Sparky area I cut them with a digital cutter

#9376 7 years ago

Mylar has some sort of glue on it and sticks more permanatly to the playfield, the cling is removable in replaceable when they show ware and leaves no residue.

#9377 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I made some clear cling playfield protectors what do you guys think they seem to be working well on my machine - pictures have white paper backing on them so they are visible - also made flipper button protectors of the same material and they are working great and removable

I use this stuff also instead of mylar for most areas. Goes on easy, practically invisible when applied, no glue to mess around with, can remove it anytime instantly, dirt cheap to buy, etc. etc.

Can't really say how effective it is long-term but I've heard good things from others in this regard.

#9378 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Mylar has some sort of glue on it and sticks more permanatly to the playfield, the cling is removable in replaceable when they show ware and leaves no residue.

Thanks! Tough choice between Mylar and cling....

BTW, my Metallica PRO just shipped today!!!! Can't wait

IMG_8376 (resized).PNGIMG_8376 (resized).PNG

#9379 7 years ago

Where did you get the cling clear protectors? Just a sheet and custom cut to fit?

#9380 7 years ago

I made them, took measurements plotted them out and cut them with a digital cutter

#9381 7 years ago

Where did you get the cling material?

#9382 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I made them, took measurements plotted them out and cut them with a digital cutter

I'm sure you could sell a bunch of them if you made some more.

#9383 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Mine has the exact sticker except it says (#386 of 350) weird.

#9384 7 years ago

Metallia Monsters Premium in da house!!! November 4th Playfield date, looks really good right out of the box.

IMG_1413 (resized).JPGIMG_1413 (resized).JPG

IMG_1414 (resized).JPGIMG_1414 (resized).JPG

IMG_1423 (resized).JPGIMG_1423 (resized).JPG

IMG_1424 (resized).JPGIMG_1424 (resized).JPG

#9385 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Metallia Monsters Premium in da house!!! November 4th Playfield date, looks really good right out of the box.

that's the exact date stamp of my pro and I have no issues.

#9386 7 years ago

Photos later...but Refinery Pro #23 is in the house and set up! Put up a nice 78 million score (nice for me anyway with very limited Metallica play experience). Tomorrow will be wax/clean/level/new balls day for all my pins. Little bit of work but definitely a labor of love. Also need to install the newest code. Mine is on 1.68 I think. Already downloaded so will be getting all new audits tomorrow.

#9387 7 years ago

Did some more Cliffy's on my Met today. Ball drain protector and the Sparky carbon fiber protector. Looks like I need a new magnet core. Where do you guys buy them?

32650187796_a39b5cdec2_k (resized).jpg32650187796_a39b5cdec2_k (resized).jpg

32568931411_19a7ff0654_o (resized).jpg32568931411_19a7ff0654_o (resized).jpg

32572975391_86afb9c8c6_o (resized).jpg32572975391_86afb9c8c6_o (resized).jpg

31852224854_d4ab125760_o (resized).jpg31852224854_d4ab125760_o (resized).jpg

#9388 7 years ago

I usually just take the core out and grind it flat again and re-use. But PBL is usually a good place to look.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1837

#9389 7 years ago

Question on settings: The orbit post is active by default and I notice sometimes it pops up on orbit shots and other times it stays down and allows a better flow with the ball coming back to the flipper. I know when I owned IM I disabled that post for better flow but I don't know enough about Met rules if it is better to leave it active or deactivate altogether.

Any suggestions?

#9390 7 years ago

If you deactivate it, the ball will almost never be in the pops. Unlike IM, there is no center shot to the pops. Do a search, you can replace the plastic post with a metal one and you won't get as many bounce backs.

#9391 7 years ago

When the ball comes out of the orbits is it supposed to come down to the flippers? On mine almost 100% of the time out of the right the ball hits the right sling shot. Maybe 50% out of the left it hits the left sling shot. I've checked for level and all is good there. Maybe I need to tweak the ball guides? Thoughts?

#9392 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Since mine is a new build.....I'm wondering if they're doing something different now. Because I was able to find a wire that is tagged to plug into J1, but it's only a two pin connector. I'll take a pic and post later on.

Texting you. There are in fact two configuration models.

#9393 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Did some more Cliffy's on my Met today. Ball drain protector and the Sparky carbon fiber protector. Looks like I need a new magnet core. Where do you guys buy them?

Where did you get the protectors for the ball drops?

#9394 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Where did you get the protectors for the ball drops?

Cliffy's as well. I use those on all my games where the ball drops from a wireform or ramp

http://cliffysprotectors.com/

#9395 7 years ago

Update problem. The Refinery Pro I brought home yesterday is running v1.64 of the code. I've tried updating today with no success. I've used 2 different USB sticks and have downloaded the file twice.

I have updated code numerous times in the past with the same stick I usually use.

Any thoughts?

#9396 7 years ago

Well, fixed my own problem. Went ahead and simply reformatted the USB stick and re-downloaded the code and saved directly to the flash drive.

Updating now.

#9397 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Don't cut out for the magnet.. put the mylar right over it. It will wear.. but will do its job better.

#9398 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Unless its actually mushrooming out where the core is bigger than the hole.. it's fine. It will look chewed up like that. When you need to address it is when the edges mushroom out and start working their way into the wood.

#9399 7 years ago

WOOHOO! USPS just delivered the ColorDMD for Metallica!!!! Sweet

#9400 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

WOOHOO! USPS just delivered the ColorDMD for Metallica!!!! Sweet

You get led version? I have led in SS and regular in AFM and I like the led one much more. Would love to see a photo of an led in Metallica before I order one.

Here are some photos of my new refinery pro.

IMG_1388 (resized).JPGIMG_1388 (resized).JPG

IMG_1390 (resized).JPGIMG_1390 (resized).JPG

IMG_1389 (resized).JPGIMG_1389 (resized).JPG

IMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1391 (resized).JPG

IMG_1392 (resized).JPGIMG_1392 (resized).JPG

IMG_1393 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 (resized).JPG

IMG_1394 (resized).JPGIMG_1394 (resized).JPG

IMG_1395 (resized).JPGIMG_1395 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
7,600 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.