C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 434.
#9251 7 years ago

My bad...just snake cliffy

IMG_8080 (resized).PNGIMG_8080 (resized).PNG

#9252 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

It was a blown fuse alright. Thank you! I was scared it was something more serious. My first soldering job ever was to a switch on the snake and I thought it came back to haunt me. Looks like I need a 7A/250V fuse. Are these special or can I buy them anywhere?

Pinballlife, Great Plains Electronics, make sure you get slo-blo. You might be able to find them locally but the price is usually inflated.

#9253 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

My bad...just snake cliffy

It's not a cliffy, it comes that way from stern.

#9254 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's not a cliffy, it comes that way from stern.

Oh ok, I did not know that. Thank you very much!

#9255 7 years ago

Can anybody please tell me the metal post part number (or name) that goes around the loop? I'm ordering everything I need before Metallica arrives. I would like to order this part now. Thanks!

#9256 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can anybody please tell me metal post part number or name that goes around the loop? I'm ordering everything I need before Metallica arrives. I would like to order this part now. Thanks!

Post that goes around what loop?

#9257 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Post that goes around what loop?

Yeah, I read somewhere that the stock plastic post must be replaced with a metal one because the stock plastic does not let the ball go to the pop bumper area?

#9258 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can anybody please tell me the metal post part number (or name) that goes around the loop? I'm ordering everything I need before Metallica arrives. I would like to order this part now. Thanks!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591

#9260 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thank you very much

Best $7.00 change you can make to the game. Made a huge difference.

#9261 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Best $7.00 change you can make to the game. Made a huge difference.

Not really too sure what it does but I will change it as per very positive comments on it

#9262 7 years ago

Anyone with a Prem/LE have an issue with the left flipper rubber gromet in the flipper assembly getting worn in from the Mystery hole firing balls at it when a game is over/during multiball start. My left flipper isn't staying properly aligned and noticed the rubber part of the assembly is worn into it from the constant bashing from the mystery hole.

#9263 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I highly recomend Cliffy's for
1 Ball Through
2 Shooter Lane kit
3 Myster Scopp
I prefer the cut it your self static cling vinyl for sparky and hammer magnet. It can be removed at anytime with no downside. If you do choose to do the Cliffy for the magnet, make sure its level. This is a good idea no matter what you do there, and replace or recheck once your magnet turns into a mushroom as they all do over time. Magnets that aren't level, wreck playfield, games that don't have Cliffy's will chip in shooter lane/ball through and have beat in wood around mystery scoop. This includes HUO, just the way things are.

Where do you order that static cling vinyl?

#9264 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Not really too sure what it does but I will change it as per very positive comments on it

Many shots up the left orbit hot the plastic post and bounce back down the left orbit, rather than falling down into the pops. The metal post almost eliminates that.

#9265 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yeah, I read somewhere that the stock plastic post must be replaced with a metal one because the stock plastic does not let the ball go to the pop bumper area?

Gotcha. I wasnt following you. Others have given you the link you need. Awesome!

#9266 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Many shots up the left orbit hot the plastic post and bounce back down the left orbit, rather than falling down into the pops. The metal post almost eliminates that.

Quoted from Rickwh:

Gotcha. I wasnt following you. Others have given you the link you need. Awesome!

Yes, Thanks Rick

#9267 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Waiting on pops is super boring. I'd rather disable the post entirely. I'd also much rather have the ball bounce off and return to me than get stuck in pops.

#9268 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Waiting on pops is super boring. I'd rather disable the post entirely. I'd also much rather have the ball bounce off and return to me than get stuck in pops.

#9269 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Where do you order that static cling vinyl?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002J6CO9I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

I cut small strips to prevent ball lines in the in/out lanes as well

#9270 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How about the cliffy aroud the snake and captive ball? Is that one really "necessary"? Who sells it?
Thanks!

I've got one extra if anyone needs one. I messed up my original when I had to drop the entire snake mechanism to add the teeth and managed to get a couple of spares from stern

#9271 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thank you very much

Play the game the way it comes from the factory for a while so you can see how it affects game play THEN change it over and play it to see how it helps.

#9272 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Good pop action always puts a smile on my face.

#9273 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Play the game the way it comes from the factory for a while so you can see how it affects game play THEN change it over and play it to see how it helps.

Hey! Not a bad idea

#9274 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good pop action always puts a smile on my face.

Agreed. I don't need to disagree on much on here but disabling the up post is absurd IMO. Getting to the pops is half the battle Plus I'd never see my beautiful HOOKED pop bumper cap MODS in action if I did this....not cool!

#9275 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

On both my METLE and Pro, I left the plastic post in place. The ball comes back down the left orbit about half the time, and I actually like that. I don't think I'd like pops 100% of the time on that shot. When it does come back down the left orbit, it just feels like a really long dead-end lane, like the piston target, but longer

#9276 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

On both my METLE and Pro, I left the plastic post in place. The ball comes back down the left orbit about half the time, and I actually like that. I don't think I'd like pops 100% of the time on that shot. When it does come back down the left orbit, it just feels like a really long dead-end lane, like the piston target, but longer

Agreed. I purchased the metal post but haven't installed. Sometimes the ball comes back down the left side, sometimes it goes into the pops. It really depends on the speed when it approaches the up-post.

#9277 7 years ago

People should obviously adjust their game in a way that makes it the most fun for them. That being said, I wholeheartedly endorse the metal post mod. The fact of the matter is that the post is supposed to divert the ball to the pops every time the ball hits it. The metal post just fixes a poor design and allows the game to be played how Borg and Lyman envisioned.

#9278 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The fact of the matter is that the post is supposed to divert the ball to the pops every time the ball hits it. The metal post just fixes a poor design and allows the game to be played how Borg and Lyman envisioned.

How do we know that for sure? Unless some of the game designers have specifically said so, how do we know they didn't want a different outcome based on the approach speed? I just haven't been bothered to change out to the metal post but I may someday. Game is perfectly fun and playable with the plastic post IMO but my mind may change when I actually experience the metal post.

#9279 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

How do we know that for sure? Unless some of the game designers have specifically said so, how do we know they didn't want a different outcome based on the approach speed?

We don't know for sure, but the code definitely gives us a clue. I can't imagine Lyman would have made the pop bumpers such an important part of the game if they were supposed to be so difficult to reach.

#9280 7 years ago

I have and recommend the metal post, but that argument.... A g-spot is pretty tough to find, yet an integral part of the game

#9281 7 years ago

Awesome thread! I'm a new Metallica Premium owner and this thread has helped me out so much. Thanks guys!

#9282 7 years ago

Well I can see why guys swap that post out for the metal one and I may try it. I know when in game play it is annoying when I shoot up there only to have the ball come back down the same way. Funny thread about it because I always thought hmmm that's strange! I actually pulled my ramps and cleaned the PF all over back there. Thought maybe something wasn't right with that shot and it was a flaw in the game.

#9283 7 years ago

Who sells these speaker inserts? Thanks!

IMG_8127 (resized).JPGIMG_8127 (resized).JPG

#9284 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Who sells these speaker inserts? Thanks!

Speakerlightkits.com

#9285 7 years ago

Just rejoined the club last week with a premium.

How do the band member modes work and how do I start them? When I sold my pro they weren't coded in yet.

#9286 7 years ago

Agreed. I purchased the metal post but haven't installed. Sometimes the ball comes back down the left side, sometimes it goes into the pops. It really depends on the speed when it approaches the up-post.

If mine was 50/50 id be happy with that. Unfortunately I only get into the pops about 10% of the time. Ill be replacing the post..

#9287 7 years ago

The ball hitting the post and coming back down the orbit the same way it came being construed as possibly intended is dumb.

The incline on both sides of the post feed to the bumpers for a reason. So yeah, one more vote for metal post!

#9288 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Just rejoined the club last week with a premium.
How do the band member modes work and how do I start them? When I sold my pro they weren't coded in yet.

You get the band member pics by completing sets of pic targets (either side of ramps). Each band memeber takes more and more completioms of the 4 pics. Eventually if you manage to light all 4 band members you will start Blackened mode (which should be called the 4 horseman).

#9289 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Eventually if you manage to light all 4 band members you will start Blackened mode (which should be called the 4 horseman).

you mean like this?
blackened mode re-themeblackened mode re-theme

#9290 7 years ago

They're also riding horses in the DMD animations. And there are horse sound callouts. Gotta wonder why it was switched

#9291 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

They're also riding horses in the DMD animations. And there are horse sound callouts. Gotta wonder why it was switched

It was switched because before one of the code updates, Stern announced they would be adding two new songs and opened it up to a vote. RtL and Blackened won the vote. FH came in third. Not sure why they opened up to a vote since it appears they had everything ready for FH in that mode.

#9292 7 years ago

Upgraded to a Metallica prem. Picking it up on Friday. I wanted to see Aerosmith first and now I have

#9293 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you mean like this?

Is this in the game??? Would love to actually change Blackened to Horsemen but everything on the DMD references Blackened during that mode...

#9294 7 years ago

Is this in the game??? Would love to actually change Blackened to Horsemen but everything on the DMD references Blackened during that mode...

You have to change it out with the Pin Browser program.

#9295 7 years ago

no, it's a single frame that I modified for another pinsider that was running smartdmd. although, if you're not using a color dmd display, I would be happy to send you the macro to adjust frame no's 0x104D and 0x104E using the pinball browser software

if you inject the macro, save your .bin and reflash your game, you can replace the blackened screen with the one pictured here
Pinball Browser - MET four horsemen (resized).jpgPinball Browser - MET four horsemen (resized).jpg

#9296 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It was switched because before one of the code updates, Stern announced they would be adding two new songs and opened it up to a vote. RtL and Blackened won the vote. FH came in third. Not sure why they opened up to a vote since it appears they had everything ready for FH in that mode.

And if stern would have told us there was a mode relying on the 4 horseman, im sure peeps would have voted to keep that in there...

RTL needed to be there for sparky...
4H needs to be there for "blackend" mode.
Blackend is awesome in the game though...

#9297 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

no, it's a single frame that I modified for another pinsider that was running smartdmd. although, if you're not using a color dmd display, I would be happy to send you the macro to adjust frame no's 0x104D and 0x104E using the pinball browser software
if you inject the macro, save your .bin and reflash your game, you can replace the blackened screen with the one pictured here

Very cool! I'm not running SmartDMD so I can't use that but thank you for sharing.

#9298 7 years ago

Very cool! I'm not running SmartDMD so I can't use that but thank you for sharing.

yes, you can!

all you need to do is the following:
- download the pinball browser software from here: [ http://tiny.cc/pinballbrowser ]
- register the software (paypal olivier $10 for a license)
- download the 1.70 rom from the sternpinball.com website
here:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-metallica-le
here:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-metallica-premium
or here:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/metallica-pro
- pm me with your email address for the macro and smartdmd.txt file (which contains the palette information)

- launch the pinball browser software, and then load in the metallica 1.70 .bin rom file
- from the 'smartdmd' button, click the 'configure your smartdmd device' button, navigate to where the smartdmd.txt file is located and select it (this is one of the files that I emailed you)
- from the 'macros' button, click the 'load' button [folder icon], and select the macro (.pbm) (this is the other file that I emailed you)
- click the 'run' button
- click the 'save as' button [disc icon w/ pencil] to save the new .bin file
- copy the .bin file to a usb drive
- re-flash your machine with the new .bin file

#9299 7 years ago

I've had a couple of people PM me about the Dirty Donny Lit Picks for Rollover lanes.

I can start making sets for those that are interested. Thanks.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “The Snake Mod² The problem: Pingraffix Snake mod (2D or 3D) blocks the view of the upper rollover lane lights. The solution: Dirty Donny Guitar pick lights above the rollover la...”
2017-04-27
Tucson, AZ
30 (Firm)
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 233 times

WED_5354 (resized).JPGWED_5354 (resized).JPG

#9300 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yes, you can!
all you need to do is the following:
- download the pinball browser software from here: [ http://tiny.cc/pinballbrowser ]
- register the software (paypal olivier $10 for a license)
- download the 1.70 rom from the sternpinball.com website
here:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-metallica-le
here:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-metallica-premium
or here:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/metallica-pro
- pm me with your email address for the macro and smartdmd.txt file (which contains the palette information)
- launch the pinball browser software, and then load in the metallica 1.70 .bin rom file
- from the 'smartdmd' button, click the 'configure your smartdmd device' button, navigate to where the smartdmd.txt file is located and select it (this is one of the files that I emailed you)
- from the 'macros' button, click the 'load' button [folder icon], and select the macro (.pbm) (this is the other file that I emailed you)
- click the 'run' button
- click the 'save as' button [disc icon w/ pencil] to save the new .bin file
- copy the .bin file to a usb drive
- re-flash your machine with the new .bin file

Oh I've already donated to get Pinball Browser and have made some music modifications already. I have a ColorDMD though so I can't make changes to the display frames.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/186?hl=aahzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.