C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 434.
#9101 7 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Got a question. I bought my Met Pro in August 2016. It has about 2500 plays...yes I love to play it. I've noticed some damage in the shooter lane from the ball being kicked out. Not on the rail side, but the opposite side in the lane itself. Can I do anything about this. I've never seen a cliffhanger/etc. for this area.

Here's a couple of pics with the Cliffy's installed. I also put mylar down on the shooter lane after my clear coat started peeling under the apron. June 2, 2016 playfield date.

IMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPG

IMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPG

2SZ_3851 (resized).jpeg2SZ_3851 (resized).jpeg

#9102 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Shameless self promotion.
I have a small number of skulls left and loosing access to the shop I use - so what I have on hand will be the only ones produced for a while.
Tied it to the coffin flasher so it lights when the coffin flasher lights in the middle of the playfield or any of the coffin lock lights.
Also have cheap snake fangs available.

Mod - For SaleMetallica Pro Coffin & Skull with lit eyeballsNew “Silver Skull with lit eyes on coffin, $55 (USPS First Class included in price, continental USA).

The mod is designed to sit above the captive ball coffin lock (behind the newton b...”
9 days ago Elkridge, MD 55 (Firm)
zene10

Mod - For SaleMetallica mod - Snake Fangs / Teeth - Cheap & EasyNew “For $6 bucks (domestic shipping included) I'll send you everything you need to add them to your snake.

There's nothing magic about this. You can readily find the components yourse...”
1 month ago Elkridge, MD 6 (Firm)
zene10

You should be ashamed of yourself. promoting like that. Just kidding, thanks for letting us know. They are great mods.

#9103 7 years ago

Was at my buddies place last night, he has ACDC and MET. I noticed that the songs on ACDC were very predominant when playing (you could hear the music more over any other sounds such as callouts). On the MET, it's opposite. Songs seem very low compared to everything else going on. I tried playing with his settings but didn't find much of a difference overall.

What settings would most recommend so that the music stands out more?

#9104 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Was at my buddies place last night, he has ACDC and MET. I noticed that the songs on ACDC were very predominant when playing (you could hear the music more over any other sounds such as callouts). On the MET, it's opposite. Songs seem very low compared to everything else going on. I tried playing with his settings but didn't find much of a difference overall.
What settings would most recommend so that the music stands out more?

The values of these settings are counterintuitive. Higher numbers means quieter. (Attenuate = reduce)
IMG20170115105314 (resized).jpgIMG20170115105314 (resized).jpg
IMG20170115105245 (resized).jpgIMG20170115105245 (resized).jpg
IMG20170115105219 (resized).jpgIMG20170115105219 (resized).jpg

#9105 7 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Got a question. I bought my Met Pro in August 2016. It has about 2500 plays...yes I love to play it. I've noticed some damage in the shooter lane from the ball being kicked out. Not on the rail side, but the opposite side in the lane itself. Can I do anything about this. I've never seen a cliffhanger/etc. for this area.

Mine started this as well. I have a dent but no clear coat chipping yet. I got the Cliffy froim Pinballlife.com and it's a must mod for sure!

#9106 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The values of these settings are counterintuitive. Higher numbers means quieter. (Attenuate = reduce)

Awesome. Thanks for the help. Sounds much better now!

#9107 7 years ago

Installed my HOOKED spinners today in prep for bandits add on board. Im all set now. Looks good. Little nerve wrecking cutting on plastics. But all went well. !

20170114_230803 (resized).jpg20170114_230803 (resized).jpg

20170114_212850 (resized).jpg20170114_212850 (resized).jpg

#9108 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Installed my HOOKED spinners today in prep for bandits add on board. Im all set now. Looks good. Little nerve wrecking cutting on plastics. But all went well. !

What are you guys using to cut the plastics? This is the thing that has me the most nervous about attempting this mod.

#9109 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Nicely done. I have some boards ready to go and am just working on cabling. I have a version of code ready which is better than the demo video above, but in the endless search for perfection am trying to build spinner code right down at the driver level. This might take me a while, but if you're ok with updating code, then take this version and update if I get the driver level version successfully built.

#9110 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What are you guys using to cut the plastics? This is the thing that has me the most nervous about attempting this mod.

Dremel.

#9111 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I put some blue painters tape on the plastic, then made some marks on where it needed cutting. Then squared it off with a speed square

Then i used a scroll saw to cut out the sections of plastics.

I went really slow. Took a couple hours from start to finish.

As you can see in the first pic, i attempted to leave rounded corners in the cut out area, i didnt want the plastic to crack, but it worked much better on subsequent plastics where i just cut them at 90 degree corners. I cleaned that first one up before installing it back in the machine so it wasnt so rough.

20170114_204945 (resized).jpg20170114_204945 (resized).jpg
20170114_222442 (resized).jpg20170114_222442 (resized).jpg

#9113 7 years ago

I really should give a dremel a shot. Never really messed with em before. My father in law gave me an ancient one but i naver used it.

#9114 7 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

and other have been laying down mylar over this area as well. both will do the job

#9115 7 years ago

I have a Dremel. What is the correct accessory? Some sort of cutting wheel?

#9116 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have a Dremel. What is the correct accessory? Some sort of cutting wheel?

An abrasive cut off wheel works really good. They usually come in like a 5 pack.

#9117 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

An abrasive cut off wheel works really good. They usually come in like a 5 pack.

IMG_0095 (resized).JPGIMG_0095 (resized).JPG

#9118 7 years ago

Bandit on your latest met pro spinner youtube vid there is a lot more clearance between the return ramp on left and the spinner bracket than on mine.

20170114_212850 (resized).jpg20170114_212850 (resized).jpg

20170114_212837 (resized).jpg20170114_212837 (resized).jpg

#9119 7 years ago

what exactly does the "Home version" setting do??
Should it be set to home if it's indeed in a private home?

#9120 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Bandit on your latest met pro spinner youtube vid there is a lot more clearance between the return ramp on left and the spinner bracket than on mine.

Yeah, looks like your ramp is close to resting on this plastic. Mine is well above. Must be variation in the bend in the wire form.

#9121 7 years ago

Full run through of spinner code. Run of play is..

Normal play..bass drum

Fuel..on weak hit nothing, on a hard hit the fuel jackpot sound

Sparky MB..electric shock

Fade to black..whip (or something. I don't know what to call it, but it works really well)

Coffin MB..gun shot.

Notice the dropping in and out of modes in sync with game code.

#9122 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yeah, looks like your ramp is close to resting on this plastic. Mine is well above. Must be variation in the bend in the wire form.

In fact the ball hits the clear plastic with the guitar on it. I have to clean ball marks off of it.

#9123 7 years ago

I got a NIB MET pro in December, so of course I've been modding it like crazy. I have a Comet Matrix UV strip in the drain, wired to the GI. I'd like it to stay on during the bonus count, when the GI drops. Is there a way to tap into something on the playfield so that it's "always on", independent of the GI state?

#9124 7 years ago
Quoted from theyallhateme:

I got a NIB MET pro in December, so of course I've been modding it like crazy. I have a Comet Matrix UV strip in the drain, wired to the GI. I'd like it to stay on during the bonus count, when the GI drops. Is there a way to tap into something on the playfield so that it's "always on", independent of the GI state?

Yes, wire it to the 12v plug inside the cabinet by the coindoor. You need a 12v strip as i assume what you got from comet is 6v. I have a 12v strip if you want one and can give you a connector. Im right around the corner from you.

#9125 7 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “$100 shipped mainland, will figure out overseas shipping if necessary. OBO”
2017-01-17
Indianapolis, IN
100 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 139 times

Edit: SOLD

#9126 7 years ago

Joining the club suuuuuuper soon! \m/

Putting my order in to Pinball Refinery on Tuesday, and then it'll take about 3-4 more weeks until I can play it because I'm getting it modded to the gills. Then my wife can stop rolling her eyes; I've been talking about getting one for so long. She finally agreed as long as I redo the floors next year fair trade by me!

#9127 7 years ago

Anybody have a interactive backbox kit they wanna sell ? Pm me

#9128 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Joining the club suuuuuuper soon! \m/
Putting my order in to Pinball Refinery on Tuesday, and then it'll take about 3-4 more weeks until I can play it because I'm getting it modded to the gills. Then my wife can stop rolling her eyes; I've been talking about getting one for so long. She finally agreed as long as I redo the floors next year fair trade by me!

Theirs a pinball refinery met pro huo on the market place might be able to save u some cash

#9129 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately it's missing some mods I want and includes one of the few I don't. I'll just order new, not worried about a price difference really.

#9130 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately it's missing some mods I want and includes one of the few I don't. I'll just order new, not worried about a price difference really.

You do know about the ghosting dimples and clear coat chipping issues good luck

#9131 7 years ago

Not really worried, plus historically METs haven't had these problems. The occurrence is way less than 1%. As far as dimples, literally every game gets them. My WoZ has plenty. I was sad when they started to show, but now they're starting to "disappear".

I buy games to have fun, I'm really not looking to nitpick or worry or kill the experience of getting a NIB. Thanks for the concern though.

#9132 7 years ago

Not really worried, plus historically METs haven't had these problems. The occurrence is way less than 1%. As far as dimples, literally every game gets them. My WoZ has plenty. I was sad when they started to show, but now they're starting to "disappear".
I buy games to have fun, I'm really not looking to nitpick or worry or kill the experience of getting a NIB. Thanks for the concern though.

Youll think differently if the clear coat chips and ghosting happens might wanna wait a min for stern to figer out the problem batman 66 is having all these issues

#9134 7 years ago

And I'd be sad if I got in my car and died in a wreck, which is way more likely than having problems with my Met Pro. I still drive to work every day.

I get that you're just trying to make someone aware, but I know about the Stern issues. It's impossible to come to Pinside and not know that Ghostbusters has issues and there are a few bad BM66 playfields. I am not concerned. I've said such three times now dude. At some point you have to stop raining on my parade. I came to express excitement about finally getting my favorite game of all time and you're being a real downer.

It's not like my WoZRR has been problem free. I've been chasing issues every day for months but I still like it

#9135 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Anybody have a interactive backbox kit they wanna sell ? Pm me

There was one for sale here yesterday for $75. Not sure if its sold yet, but i bet it is.

#9136 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

You do know about the ghosting dimples and clear coat chipping issues good luck

I bought a met pro in December with a November 2, 2016 date stamp on the playfield that shipped directly from Stern, I have no issues with the playfield. Normal dimpling and no chipping or ghosting issues. In fact, of all the NIB games I've bought, this one required the least amount of adjusting and was almost perfect out of the box. Only thing I had to do was tighten the switch for the snake as it was registering only sporadically.

20170120_154825 (resized).jpg20170120_154825 (resized).jpg

20170120_154836 (resized).jpg20170120_154836 (resized).jpg

20170120_154858 (resized).jpg20170120_154858 (resized).jpg

20170120_154906 (resized).jpg20170120_154906 (resized).jpg

#9137 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Only thing I had to do was tighten the switch for the snake as it was registering only sporadically.

This is what I've been hearing from several of the recent MET purchasers I've talked to. Minor adjustments, snake switch sometimes a little loose. I'm not afraid of dialing in a game, they all take adjustments out of the box.

I'll put probably 200-300 games into mine the day I get it and report back with results

#9138 7 years ago

This is what I've been hearing from several of the recent MET purchasers I've talked to. Minor adjustments, snake switch sometimes a little loose. I'm not afraid of dialing in a game, they all take adjustments out of the box.
I'll put probably 200-300 games into mine the day I get it and report back with results

have fun, the game is a blast to play.

#9139 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I bought a met pro in December with a November 2, 2016 date stamp on the playfield that shipped directly from Stern, I have no issues with the playfield. Normal dimpling and no chipping or ghosting issues. In fact, of all the NIB games I've bought, this one required the least amount of adjusting and was almost perfect out of the box. Only thing I had to do was tighten the switch for the snake as it was registering only sporadically.

Ditto here, mine is from later November 2016 and no issues. I had to adjust the snake and mystery hole switches after about 10 games but they have been rock solid since then.

#9140 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So glad to hear that! Does your playfield have the Churchill stamp on it? Just wondering since there is talk of Churchill doing Stern Playfields now....Thanks!

#9141 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So glad to hear that! Does your playfield have the Churchill stamp on it? Just wondering since there is talk of Churchill doing Stern Playfields now....Thanks!

i don't see any stamp indicating who manufactured the playfield.

#9142 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i don't see any stamp indicating who manufactured the playfield.

Thank you and again, congrats on getting a nice playfield!

***sucks that we get all excited when someone gets a good playfield on a NIB machine isn't? That should be the norm for a NIB game....Hopefully all these issues get resolved soon***

#9143 7 years ago

Who can explain why the pick-name order doesn't match the order of the heads on the PF?
-mof

#9144 7 years ago

All of the games posted here seem to be missing the stars on the flippers. Is that a special order or something?

IMG_1390 (resized).JPGIMG_1390 (resized).JPG

#9145 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You do notice the clear lifting by the ball return right?

#9146 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

All of the games posted here seem to be missing the stars on the flippers. Is that a special order or something?

my flipper's dont have stars..but will soon have some eyeballs! & the artist made a custom shooter rod to match my sparky! Cant wait !!

506641301 (resized).jpg506641301 (resized).jpg

#9147 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

You do notice the clear lifting by the ball return right?

Oh boy!

IMG_7711 (resized).PNGIMG_7711 (resized).PNG

#9148 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Youll think differently if the clear coat chips and ghosting happens might wanna wait a min for stern to figer out the problem batman 66 is having all these issues

Dude..u own quite a few sterns to be doggin them! Gotta ask..3 ghostbusters?!? What up wit dat?

#9149 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Dude..u own quite a few sterns to be doggin them! Gotta ask..3 ghostbusters?!? What up wit dat?

Not doggin keeping it real sold two pros with ghosting and crazing have a le with ghosting i love stern dont get it twisted ! i just want them to get their playfeilds fixed $ right know buying any new in the box is a gamble $$$$ older met are a sure win no ghosting no crazing no insert lifting no chipping of the clear

#9150 7 years ago

Time for a cliffy set

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/183 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.