Topic Stats

• 16,890 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,858 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16890 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 338.
#851 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Great, thanks. I think if my 8 year old son were playing he would be more into the play than listening to the lyrics in background music and my 5 year old daughter the same. Have some local collectors I know who own Met and will go play their games before I decide to purchase.

You won't notice the lyrics, your kids won't notice the lyrics, but your wife will! Lol. Wives have supersonic lyrical echo like hearing when it comes to that sort of thing. That said, I wouldn't sweat it too much - and get a pin pac headset system so you can put it on adult setting and out the headphones on.

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wives have supersonic lyrical echo like hearing when it comes to that sort of thing.

For example, I had Hollywood undead playing and for some reason my wife thought that was unsuitable for our 1 1/2 year old. So we put on the frozen soundtrack....again.....hey, if your wife finds the music unsuitable in Metallica, you can just use the pinball browser and put the frozen music in! Now your stylin.

#853 5 years ago

My wife is pretty cool about the theme and language around the kids(with the adult filter on). So No probs there... But my sister-in-law raised an eyebrow and i could tell shes not that excited about it for her kids. So to each their own. I am usually alone playing and so it doesn't matter in my house.

#854 5 years ago

Turning the adult language off is acceptable for the kids, but be aware that it does not censor words like "hell" or "damn" if you're sensitive about those, pinnyheadhead. My kids learned all kinds words until we turned the language off - the beeps just confuse them now. The game has really turned my son on to Metallica and he insisted on Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets on a road trip last week. He even studied all the lyrics to learn the words.

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Dont play it, unless you have the $$$$ to buy it, cause your going to love it!

Funds are approved. Lol!

#856 5 years ago

Now we're talking. Damn that was hard when it got dark on me...but I had to keep continuing till I got the doubler.

P1000076.JPG
#857 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yes there is a setting to turn off the language. It just beeps over the words. It does not edit the song lyrics just the call outs. So in Fuel when james says "F--- 'em man, white knuckle tight", that is still in the game. Etc.
My kids are 11 and 3. The 11 year old is mature enough to hear and not repeat. The 3yr old is oblivious. But i do usually turn the language off unless im playing without the kiddos around.

My kids are hilarious. We refuse to censor speech around them...they need to learn when it is appropriate to be open and speak your mind and when to shut up, or be polite. So, given that in mind, we don't really use "family modes". Since my game was initially used at the tourney area of TPF, it had it turned on. When we got home, I actually found the bleeps to be pretty hilarious myself, so I left it on. After a while, my wife noticed and wanted the bleeps turned off. Went ahead and turned it off...

The kids didn't even notice for at least a week. When they finally did, the younger one was all like "THE PINBALL MACHINE SAID A BAD WORD!!!" Priceless.

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Now we're talking. Damn that was hard when it got dark on me...but I had to keep continuing till I got the doubler.

P1000076.JPG 21 KB

F-WORD!

#859 5 years ago

Funds are approved. Lol!

be careful. it will make the other games seem dated. so much to do. so many shots. the sound is incredible. the light show epilepsy causing. I highly recommend the pinnovator headphone jack. in the ciu modes the effects thru the headphones alone is worth the 100 bucks. as much as i love my ac/dc premium (and believe me, I think its an awesome game) , Met is very different in most aspects, superior in almost every way (imho, of course! lol)....

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

be careful. it will make the other games seem dated. so much to do. so many shots. the sound is incredible. the light show epilepsy causing. I highly recommend the pinnovator headphone jack. in the ciu modes the effects thru the headphones alone is worth the 100 bucks. as much as i love my ac/dc premium (and believe me, I think its an awesome game) , Met is very different in most aspects, superior in almost every way (imho, of course! lol)....

+1

Love my ACDC to Death but MetallicA Simply Amazing,Run to buy one,i sold MB and TOM because
they where not getting played anymore now waiting on a Stern title that i will love and that Lyman will
be working on

#861 5 years ago

I never realized this until recently..but I don't think I'd rather have any other machine (maybe MB) except my metallica at this point.

#862 5 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

Yes, Met is slightly deep, but not enough where you are going on a long journey when you hit the start button. Yes - No?

#863 5 years ago

Yes, Met is slightly deep, but not enough where you are going on a long journey when you hit the start button. Yes - No?

Um...it's "deep enough" that I can have a 30 minute game on it...

Had a 140 million and a 204 million game last night after installing my shooter rod..

#864 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

+1
Love my ACDC to Death but Metallica Simply Amazing,Run to buy one,i sold MB and TOM because
they where not getting played anymore now waiting on a Stern title that i will love and that Lyman will
be working on

Love the band ACDC, but I do find the pin confusing. I have a T2 also which I love which is not similar, but similar to ACDC. (I am not saying T2 can compete with ACDC. T2 can not.).
I did not listen to Metallica growing up. ACDC, Van Halen and Led Zep were my top 3. It would he good to have different ground music that is adren
When I was looking for my first Stern, the stars seem to align towards MET.
(I won't comment on Met anymore because we all know what it is all about.)

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Um...it's "deep enough" that I can have a 30 minute game on it...

Deep enough but probably not "steep enough" if you are playing for 30 mins

#866 5 years ago

I'd say it is very deep (not TSPP or LOTR epic deep). I got to Encore a couple weeks after it was coded into ACDC. I have yet to see End of the line and have had my game the entire time it has been coded. I've seen 3 CIUs in one game, but that was the max. Gets tougher to get back to each time and you have to play all 4.

#867 5 years ago

i said it before in another Topic,My dream theme was MetallicA for years i wished for it to be made

But i never dreamed it could looked that Amazing (Thanks to Dirty Donny) never dreamed it would
play that Great and have some many Satisfying shots like this (Thanks to Borg and Lyman )

MetallicA is the Pinball i want to be buried in

Now i c'ant wait to see what title Sterns will be announcing next i heard Borg and Lyman will be up next
I wonder if they are already working on it while IM and MM will be on the Line ? Maybe we will
get finished codes already in there

It was well worth the wait with MetallicA codes, even the Light show is awesome love the new
Stern technologie but wait 1 year for code is freakin loooog just ask Hitler!

#868 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

i said it before in another Topic,My dream theme was Metallica for years i wished for it to be made
But i never dreamed it could looked that Amazing (Thanks to Dirty Donny) never dreamed it would
play that Great and have some many Satisfying shots like this (Thanks to Borg and Lyman )
Metallica is the Pinball i want to be buried in

I played MET at the Nwest pinball show right after it was released and I thought it was ok, but with the new coding the game is over the top. MET is an easy top 5 game in my book now!
(pic is my daughter and I at the show in 2013)
image-668.jpg

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I played MET at the Nwest pinball show right after it was released and I thought it was ok, but with the new coding the game is over the top. MET is an easy top 5 game in my book now!

Lovely Pic i had 2 boys i hope they will make a little girl soon, i can say that this is my biggest regrets in life is
not having a daughter .

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Deep enough but probably not "steep enough" if you are playing for 30 mins

Feel free to come over and try your hand.

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Feel free to come over and try your hand.

What does your level say Frax?

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What does your level say Frax?

I suppose I might be arsed to physically check it when I get home, but it's way steeper than Jackbot or STTNG. Any adjusting I did after bringing it home from TPF was to level it side to side, not front to back, so it should be about the same.

If it's not as steep as I think it is, I'll be happy to jack it up... I'm sure it will be just like what happened on Tron where I actually ended up getting much HIGHER scores because it was faster and not as much side to side... Outlanes are all the way open, tilt is generous, and the playfield was waxed ~150 plays ago.

#873 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If it's not as steep as I think it is, I'll be happy to jack it up... I'm sure it will be just like what happened on Tron where I actually ended up getting much HIGHER scores because it was faster and not as much side to side...

Yup. I jacked my Tron up to about 7.7, which made the game more fun and less lethal. I haven't measured the angle on my Metallica, but it feels similarly steep and plays better than it did with factory recommended pitch.

My steep snobbery has reached the point where I wish Stern would lower the rear bolt holes an inch or two (is there room?), so that games will play around 7 degrees with all four levelers all the way in.

I even put Stern legs on the rear of my '80s games. Proper pitch without wobbly levelers.

#874 5 years ago

I didn't measure it, but the bubble is about 40% over the top line, so it's definitely higher than factory. I hardly ever use actual levels......the harbor frieght inclinometer is a piece of garbage, it gets "stuck" and won't move correctly. The digital one I bought from Sears you can literally pick it up, set it in a spot, pick it up, set it right back exactly where it was, and it will give two completely different readings. I can't use the iphone one because I have nowhere in our condo where the floor is truly flat to calibrate it either.

#875 5 years ago

Does anyone know what pitch papa uses? Their videos always seemed to he inclined crazy Yancy-like.

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

image-668.jpg 119 KB

You know, for some reason I always imagined you'd look a little more like your avatar....but I can see the resemblence
Thanks for sharing!

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You know, for some reason I always imagined you'd look a little more like your Avatar....but I can see the resemblence
Thanks for sharing!

I was in a bad mood when my avatar pic was taken (I also have since trimmed my eyebrows)

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The only thing that got me to stop being mad that I missed out on a deal for a purpled up Refinery Premium earlier in the year was picking up my LE, they made it a great looking machine.

ya on there basic upgrade package they include purple powder coated wireform ramps as well. I'am enjoying mine. I do notice a flipper issue, but the flipper bat mayber the culprit. At rest, the left flipper sits higher then the right flipper bat, it is just above the playfield, where the left one is what i'am use to seeing. I pulled them both and everything seems ok, so not sure what is causing it to look off some. They are not the stock bats, they are chrome bats.

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

At rest, the left flipper sits higher then the right flipper bat, it is just above the playfield, where the left one is what i'am use to seeing. I pulled them both and everything seems ok, so not sure what is causing it to look off some. They are not the stock bats, they are chrome bats.

Sounds to me like the metal shaft is bent or where it goes into the plastic bat is crooked.

#880 5 years ago

I noticed that the factory "cliffy" that goes in front of the snake on my 1yr old NIB met pro is starting to curl up a bit directly in front of the snake. Does anyone else have this?

#882 5 years ago

Honestly... I havent kept very good count. I dont write down stuff like that when i update the code. And i could be wrong but that gets wiped away each code update right?

But i will say that it is well loved and cared for/babied. Shes my first pin. If theres a burnt out bulb, i fix it immediately. Etc. it has never left my basement (hopefully never will). Its not like i have big parties and peeps play it...

If i had to guess id say max of 30 games per week * 52 weeks... So maybe 1500 games? But that is a a SWAG.

#883 5 years ago

Also the GI light that is under the right ramp and near the bottom right pop bumper was out. What a giant pita to replace. From the bottom u have to remove the pop switch/spoon so u can get a nut driver on the lamp socket. From the top you have to remove the metal right ramp and then a plastic. I guess its not horrible, but it was definitely more work than i expected.

It was just the factory 555 bulb in there. I tried a CT warm white retro LED. Color wise it was ok, but from spcertain angles you can see that bulb while playing... So i ended up using a CT warm white frosted led.

#884 5 years ago

Music volume-

My speech callouts seem way louder than my music when playing.
Not sure what the music attenuation setting does, i know previous versions of the code were a bit weird with the results.

Any ideas ?

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from credinger:

Music volume-
My speech callouts seem way louder than my music when playing.
Not sure what the music attenuation setting does, i know previous versions of the code were a bit weird with the results.
Any ideas ?

Feature adjustment #124 - Music Attenuation
Feature adjustment #125 - Speech Attenuation

To make the music louder, you have to set it to a larger negative number - setting it to a positive will decrease the volume.
eg. -30 will boost the music quite a bit.
Play around with the settings to find a good balance

#886 5 years ago

just done this, that's skilzzz

1 drink offer to the next who can do the same (while in play of course)

met skill.JPG

#887 5 years ago

One time when stacking coffin & cross, I had all four balls magnetized in a line. No photo, sadly.

#888 5 years ago

cool too

at that moment, mine are not more magnetized, but very well blocked... my son had to hardly tilt the game (and i hardly tilt my son after - lol not, i'm a nice guy... well not always)

#889 5 years ago

My Metallica Pro is still in the box...I'm trying to make some room so I can open it up and play it!

Time to sell some vids!

#890 5 years ago

1 every 3 to 4 times the ball gets stuck on the Sparkey magnet after multiball starts. Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes I can nudge it off, other times I have to hit it with a different ball.

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

1 every 3 to 4 times the ball gets stuck on the Sparkey magnet after multiball starts. Does this happen to anyone else?

Never happened on my pro that I remember.

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just done this, that's skilzzz
1 drink offer to the next who can do the same (while in play of course)

met skill.JPG 152 KB

I've done this... on location. Balls were stuck and wouldn't come out. Even worse they were sitting on top of the drop targets..it's a miracle they didn't snap.

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

1 every 3 to 4 times the ball gets stuck on the Sparkey magnet after multiball starts. Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes I can Nudge it off, other times I have to hit it with a different ball.

Are they the factory balls? Try pinball life's glossy ones.

#894 5 years ago

@frax : "have a drink" than

(if i was on the "lamp" topic would have said : libation... for everybody ! lol)

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

1 every 3 to 4 times the ball gets stuck on the Sparkey magnet after multiball starts. Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes I can Nudge it off, other times I have to hit it with a different ball.

Did you put mylar over the magnet core? I made that mistake. Magnet action chews up the mylar, which can then catch a ball stopped by the magnet. I learned you should only put mylar around bare magnet cores, not over them.

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are they the factory balls? Try pinball life's glossy ones.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Quoted from yancy:

Did you put mylar over the magnet core? I made that mistake. Magnet action chews up the mylar, which can then catch a ball stopped by the magnet. I learned you should only put mylar around bare magnet cores, not over them.

Nope, no mylar on the magnet. I bought the cliffys set but haven't put the magnet protectors on yet. I remember reading somewhere that they weren't good for Sparky. Can anyone confirm this? What is the problem with them? Thanks.

#897 5 years ago

My mylar over sparky and grave marker have held up really well but my magnets are perfectly flush with the playfield. I could see this being an issue if the magnet isn't flush.

#898 5 years ago

Play question…..regular skill shot: as the ball goes thru the lit switch, I don't always get credit. If I flipper the light back and forth and then it goes thru, it always registers….Is there something wrong with my switch? Or don't I understand how it works….the much more likely scenario! lol During regular gameplay, that same switch (the left one of the 2) registers most of the time, but not always. again, something wrong with the switch or is it normal in regular gameplay? (ie. sometimes I hear the "blade" sound and sometimes I don't)..TIA, Yo

also, inlane, outlane stuff: what do these actually give me credit for or towards?

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

My mylar over sparky and grave marker have held up really well but my magnets are perfectly flush with the playfield. I could see this being an issue if the magnet isn't flush.

put the headphone jack in yet???? the sounds are just incredible. beat up on a CIU mode and you will see what i mean…..p.s don't you have a more pressing issue to deal with ?? ha

#900 5 years ago

Go into switch test and test with a ball/finger. You may have a faulty switch or loose connection.

Inlanes and pop bumper lanes (5 in total) light up the mystery scoop award. The mystery award gets better and better each time you complete all 5 before collecting. After having hit all 5 at least once before collecting, the animation will go farther and farther down the "hole" passing by the lesser awards and granting you the better award. My best is 4 levels down. Not sure if there is a limit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 16890 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside