C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 434.
#8851 7 years ago

Stolen, guarantee it. Hard to say exactly whether it was a driver or a dock worker or what, but I can't imagine any alternate scenario.

#8852 7 years ago

Yeah I know, in some way shape or form definitely stolen. It had to make it into the back of someones truck it didn't belong to without the proper paperwork being filed...dirtbags! RL carriers even told me they call around to all destinations that could have possibly received it in error, so someone could have easily just told them "pinball machine? nope haven't seen it" (while watching someone load it up to take home as quickly as possible)

#8853 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Vanished, there was tracking and I checked with RL Carriers frequently before giving up hope. It made it to LAX but RL's delivery terminal there never received it, and that was that. I'm still amazed.

Did RL have to pay for a new one?

#8854 7 years ago

Yeah I know, in some way shape or form definitely stolen. It had to make it into the back of someones truck it didn't belong to without the proper paperwork being filed...dirtbags! RL carriers even told me they call around to all destinations that could have possibly received it in error, so someone could have easily just told them "pinball machine? nope haven't seen it" (while watching someone load it up to take home as quickly as possible)

ISIS got it ... but that sucks about it being stolen.

I had to wait extra days for mine because the carrier didn't call me and tried to deliver it while I was at work - pissed me off to no end as I could of had it over the weekend.

But seriously, a new MET Premium will bring joy to your world.

For me it did & still does since I bought it NIB in Feb 2016 & added a ton of mods.

I even play location METs just to compare to mine (and drink beer, of course).

#8855 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - how do you make the lockdown bar tighter? Old machines there were two screws you could adjust. What abotu with the stern ones like this game?

You did not mention which model of the game. It makes a difference based on Stern "cost savings" decisions on construction. I don't make assumptions now.

Thicker "beer seal" will immediately make the lockbar tighter. If you want to be cheap and do not want to buy the actual pinball part product, foam weatherstripping from Home Depot. It is more spongy than lockbar mount seal.

If you own an upgraded game model the lockbar mount plate assembly is adjustable on the inside of the game, but requires you to lift the playfield into full maintenance position.

#8856 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LMAO....oops! Well, I've been in this one for a while too

Is that 3D snake on the LE or is that a mod I can do on my PRO?

#8857 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Is that 3D snake on the LE or is that a mod I can do on my PRO?

It is not a LE/Pro specific item, it's a mod. Pingraffix sells them. Sometimes they'll have them at shows otherwise contact them.

#8858 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

It is not a LE/Pro specific item, it's a mod. Pingraffix sells them. Sometimes they'll have them at shows otherwise contact them.

This! Joe makes all kinds of cool mods for Metallica, so stock up while you're ordering that

#8859 7 years ago

It's really impressive just how MANY mods are available for Metallica.

#8860 7 years ago

Maybe dumb but what does the music level option in the system menu do? I'm not referring to the option in the Metallica game mode but overall system menu. It's default is 1 but I don't hear a difference when changing. I have met premium.

#8861 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You did not mention which model of the game. It makes a difference based on Stern "cost savings" decisions on construction. I don't make assumptions now.
Thicker "beer seal" will immediately make the lockbar tighter. If you want to be cheap and do not want to buy the actual pinball part product, foam weatherstripping from Home Depot. It is more spongy than lockbar mount seal.
If you own an upgraded game model the lockbar mount plate assembly is adjustable on the inside of the game, but requires you to lift the playfield into full maintenance position.

Thanks. I have wood bb and I did use beer seal on the sides to make it very tight.

#8862 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This. I use beer seal in combination with thin adhesive felt fabric. I was once complimented on how "tight and solid" my games feel. True story. Seriously though it is worth a cpl bucks and minutes to tighten up your lock down bars- it just feels way better when playing.

#8863 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Maybe dumb but what does the music level option in the system menu do? I'm not referring to the option in the Metallica game mode but overall system menu. It's default is 1 but I don't hear a difference when changing. I have met premium.

I had the same question. I did turn the voice attenuation to max the other night when I had the house to myself and wanted to rock out without the call outs. I don't think I will ever go back, sorry Sparky.

#8864 7 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I had the same question. I did turn the voice attenuation to max the other night when I had the house to myself and wanted to rock out without the call outs.

If you turn the voice attenuation to "max", wouldn't it reduce the volume of the callouts?

#8865 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you turn the voice attenuation to "max", wouldn't it reduce the volume of the callouts?

Yep. They are too prominent in the mix by default, the music needs to ROCK! But I wouldn't turn them off, either.

#8866 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, maxing it out completely eliminated the call outs. I meant to try it out temporarily, but now I don't think I can go back.

#8867 7 years ago

Greatly looking forward to getting this game, but that seems like a weird way to do settings. Why not just have Music Volume 0-50 and Voice Volume 0-50

#8868 7 years ago

Finally! They didn't lose it this time! Delivered yesterday and had to wait 5 hours for help setting up, but that did give me a chance to clean up the gameroom a little bit. Couldn't be bothered with installing the color DMD last night since I've been waiting 5 months to play, but will be upgrading the display tonight. Stoked!

IMG_1701 (resized).JPGIMG_1701 (resized).JPG

IMG_1709 (resized).JPGIMG_1709 (resized).JPG

IMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPG

#8869 7 years ago

Ever since I put Titans on the 1st skill shot plunge started activating the sling instead of to the left flipper. Assuming it was wrong size sling rubbers. So I've been practicing my soft plunge yet it's still fuckin up my mojo. So now the right sling just snapped.
What eggzachary is the correct sling size...2" or 2.5" ? Not sure if I'll get silicone or rubber now but leaning toward rubbers.

#8870 7 years ago

And...never been so happy to see someone get their machine. Been a long fvckin road. Fry that bastard.

#8871 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ever since I put Titans on the 1st skill shot plunge started activating the sling instead of to the left flipper. Assuming it was wrong size sling rubbers. So I've been practicing my soft plunge yet it's still fuckin up my mojo. So now the right sling just snapped.
What eggzachary is the correct sling rubber size...2, 2.5, rubbers ? Not sure if I'll get silicone or rubber now but leaning toward rubbers.

Here's what I used on my MET Pro - fit's perfectly. OEM size is smaller. Titan forum recommended going up to this size:

Titan Competition Silicone Rings
- Ring Size: 2 1/2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Translucent

#8872 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

What exactly is the correct sling size...2" or 2.5"

I believe the manual calls for 2" rubbers on the slings, but the general consensus is that 2" is too small, at least when using silicone rings. I have 2.5" clear Titans on mine, and they work great, but 2.25" would probably be the perfect size for this game.

#8873 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

but the general consensus is that 2" is too small

....that's what SHE said.....

#8874 7 years ago

Well I ordered one of their kits, so I'm* assuming* it was a 2" sling. Wouldn't that be the cause of the right one just snapping mid game--too tight ? Also think it made the left hyper sensitive so my plunge wouldn't make it all the way to the left flipper.
Ah well...2.5" ordered.

#8875 7 years ago

if you ordered the kit that I put together for their database (transparent w/ black flipper rubber), I revised it to the 2.5" rings for the slings

#8876 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

And...never been so happy to see someone get their machine. Been a long fvckin road. Fry that bastard.

Thanks man, and all the other thumb uppers as well, I believe I said you were my lost machine support group and wasn't kidding. Some of the excitement was lost in the process, but it was well worth the wait. Game plays flawlessly out of the box, which actually surprised me after reading about others experiences.

I will definitely be changing out some if not all of the GI though, too fu*kin bright for my taste. I believe I have enough of the same leds in frosted on hand to make that happen. Also not crazy about the red/blue mixture in some spots, particularly the slings and inlanes so I'll be fiddling with that as well. I know these are there so the lighting can go all blue or red for certain modes, but it just looks wonky to me at all other times.

I'm open to ideas as to what others have done here, I can't be the only one.

#8877 7 years ago

I will definitely be changing out some if not all of the GI though, too fu*kin bright for my taste. I believe I have enough of the same leds in frosted on hand to make that happen. Also not crazy about the red/blue mixture in some spots, particularly the slings and inlanes so I'll be fiddling with that as well. I know these are there so the lighting can go all blue or red for certain modes, but it just looks wonky to me at all other times.

Definitely change those bulbs out to frosted, even the red and blue. Don't go changing the colors though as the blue and red are mixed to create the light show on the premiums and LE games.

IMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPG

IMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPG

IMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPG

IMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPG

#8878 7 years ago

Thanks man, and all the other thumb uppers as well, I believe I said you were my lost machine support group and wasn't kidding. Some of the excitement was lost in the process, but it was well worth the wait. Game plays flawlessly out of the box, which actually surprised me after reading about others experiences.

Lol! This same reaction happens a lot when the mighty blinding Metallica enters a gameroom. If you stick with it for a bit, you'll figure out that all your other games are actually just too dim...

#8879 7 years ago

First thing to do before changing bulbs out is to just play with the GI intensity setting. Dimming it a little bit may get you where you want.

#8880 7 years ago

So where's the least expensive place to buy an extree Sparky ? On edge with no MET fix tonight and its only been 1 day. Thankfully my boy ForensicD has a pair of sling rubbers I can *borrow* until mine get here. Couldn't go a week with no Sparky no sir.

#8881 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So where's the least expensive place to buy an extree Sparky ? On edge with no MET fix tonight and its only been 1 day. Thankfully my boy ForensicD has a pair of sling rubbers I can *borrow* until mine get here. Couldn't go a week with no Sparky no sir.

$200 at PBL

#8882 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

First thing to do before changing bulbs out is to just play with the GI intensity setting. Dimming it a little bit may get you where you want.

I looked for that setting the other night but I do believe I was drunk Where might I find this? (I'll check the manual if I don't see it here first)

#8883 7 years ago

I looked for that setting the other night but I do believe I was drunk Where might I find this? (I'll check the manual if I don't see it here first)

It's easy to miss as you would think it would be in the standard adjustments. It's actually in the feature adjustments and is the last one (number 136).

#8884 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's easy to miss as you would think it would be in the standard adjustments. It's actually in the feature adjustments and is the last one (number 136).

Thanks, you prompted me to do a quick google search which coincidentally brought me to a Pinside thread, specifically this post by you. So I went into feature adjustments and went backwards and there it was. Reading through that thread I'm guessing not a lot of people even know this in an option, I didn't. It was preset at 50, I turned it down to 20 and it's MUCH better. Thanks again!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-led-brightness-adjsutable-on-star-trek#post-2354144

#8885 7 years ago

Thanks, you prompted me to do a quick google search which coincidentally brought me to a Pinside thread, specifically this post by you. So I went into feature adjustments and went backwards and there it was. Reading through that thread I'm guessing not a lot of people even know this in an option, I didn't. It was preset at 50, I turned it down to 20 and it's MUCH better. Thanks again!

I had mine set at 10 for a while. Then I put a ST-Prem and a SMVE next to it and had to turn it back up again!

I wish Stern would put that adjustment in ALL of their games.

#8886 7 years ago

Installed the Flipper Fidelity Meaty Beaty Big and Bassy speaker system kit in my Met Monsters today. WAY better than stock. Way better than stock with a Polk sub underneath. Since the cabinet speaker is basically a big 3-way, it balances the sound out nicely. If you are looking for some better sound out of your Met, give this a shot.

Oh.. and one other thing.. I have always wondered why the sound in my Met sounded "off." I can tell that Stern didn't do that great of a job mixing the soundtrack - especially the bass on the spinners as it's too much, but what I am talking about is something different. It's hard to describe, but something just wasn't right. During the installation of the flipper fidelity system I discovered why. The 2 backbox speakers were wired out of phase from the factory. So check your speakers and cabinet speakers to see if yours are too. The wire with the white stripe should be negative and the wire with the black stripe should be positive. The terminals on the speakers have a "+" and/or a "-" to designate the polarity.

However, that being said, it doesn't matter how you wire the speakers as long as they are *all the same.* In other words, you can wire the black stripe wire to negative, as long as ALL of the speakers have the black stripe wire as negative it will be fine. Or vice versa.

#8887 7 years ago

Joined the club yesterday, what an awesome game.

The modding has begun. We now have an undercabinet rgb light mod tied to the flashers that is fully customizable so you can pick which color of the light strip is associated with which flasher. In my game, I tied the red to the sparky flasher so that every time he is hit, the mod flashes red. I tied blue and green to the left and right ramp flashers so when you hit the ramps, the strip flashes. You can tie them to any other flashers in the game very simply.

These are now available on our website. Installation takes minutes, no tools require. Many more mods coming... Available on our website and through the pinside shop.

http://lermods.com/products/undercabinet-lighting-kit-for-metallica-pinball

#8888 7 years ago

Joined the club myself. Have a question. Prior owner installed unsightly flipper button protectors. It appears from taking measurements on the lollipop rails on my st premium that these rails would cover everything and even the screws seem to line up perfectly. Are these rails on my st premium the standard lollipop rails that are sold at pinballlife? Getting everything ready to send out for powder coat. Thanks.

20161210_101529 (resized).jpg20161210_101529 (resized).jpg

20161210_101521 (resized).jpg20161210_101521 (resized).jpg

#8889 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Joined the club myself. Have a question. Prior owner installed unsightly flipper button protectors. It appears from taking measurements on the lollipop rails on my st premium that these rails would cover everything and even the screws seem to line up perfectly. Are these rails on my st premium the standard lollipop rails that are sold at pinballlife? Getting everything ready to send out for powder coat. Thanks.

I like these. I never put a screw in, I can't believe someone would drill holes in the game to "protect " it.

IMG_20151104_124015672 (resized).jpgIMG_20151104_124015672 (resized).jpg

#8890 7 years ago

Are the pinbits "clear" protectors supposed to look this foggy when they are shipped new or did I get a defective product? It's also scratched and I'm trying to figure out how that happened brand new...

IMG_3454 (resized).JPGIMG_3454 (resized).JPGIMG_3455 (resized).JPGIMG_3455 (resized).JPGIMG_3456 (resized).JPGIMG_3456 (resized).JPG

#8891 7 years ago

It's a protective coating. Peel it off and they are clear and purdy!

#8892 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's a protective coating. Peel it off and they are clear and purdy!

Oh, that's good news. I'll go install it shortly then. I didn't notice it was a coating it was on so flush.

#8893 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh, that's good news. I'll go install it shortly then. I didn't notice it was a coating it was on so flush.

Yeah, ya just have to run a fingernail along the edge to catch it.

#8894 7 years ago

Does anybody else have this guide on the right side orbit stick out slightly like in this picture? Sometimes when I plunge it ounces off of that and doesn't make it up to the pops.

20161210_115225 (resized).jpg20161210_115225 (resized).jpg

#8895 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I like these. I never put a screw in, I can't believe someone would drill holes in the game to "protect " it.

Those rails look great! Do you have a link to purchase?

#8896 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Those rails look great! Do you have a link to purchase?

I think this is where I got them. Looks like they may not be available now??

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-laser-cut-side-rails

#8897 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does anybody else have this guide on the right side orbit stick out slightly like in this picture? Sometimes when I plunge it ounces off of that and doesn't make it up to the pops.

Can you loosen that screw, use a clamp to pull the guide over, then screw it down?

#8898 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Yes standard lollipop rails will cover the holes.

#8899 7 years ago

Joined the club last week with what looks like an early run monsters. Great game, just working through a remaining issue...

Several flashers in this game were burnt out - all replaced, things seem to work well now - except for the pop bumper flasher. Replaced with known good, tested voltage, getting 22V. Reseated connector, checked for a cold solder joint on the PCB (J6-P1), nothing. Figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any issues that would impact this particular flasher (quick look indicates no) that I should be aware of with this particular game before I go down the wiring rabbit hole.

Also, the LED flasher on my cross is flaky, looks like it needs to be replaced. What's the best way to bulletproof moving forward?

\m/

#8900 7 years ago

The modding possibilities with this game are endless...

Blue backboard light, purple trough light, lighted red eyeballs (camera doesn't pick up the red light well) and a backboard flasher mod that flashes red whenever the pops are hit.

Most available in our pinside shop or our website... Lermods.com. The backboard flasher mod isn't on our website yet, but is the same one we have for Ironman, which is blue.

20161210_180749 (resized).jpg20161210_180749 (resized).jpg

20161210_180754 (resized).jpg20161210_180754 (resized).jpg

20161210_193853_001 (resized).jpg20161210_193853_001 (resized).jpg

20161210_180745 (resized).jpg20161210_180745 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.