IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 433.
#8751 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

where did you get the mod for the hammer? looks good.

That's Aurich's hammer. He made a limited run of them a while back.

#8752 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LMAO....oops! Well, I've been in this one for a while too

Congrats. Let the modding begin.

#8753 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's Aurich's hammer. He made a limited run of them a while back.

30 to be exact. Well worth the price!!!

#8754 7 years ago

That hammer looks great!

#8755 7 years ago

He was working on a pro version.... :/ but he became busy I think.

#8756 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

He was working on a pro version....

Perhaps this is a silly question, but how can you have a pro version when there is no hammer on the pro?

#8757 7 years ago

Thanks, my Aurich hammer is by far my favorite mod for metallica

#8758 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Perhaps this is a silly question, but how can you have a pro version when there is no hammer on the pro?

I think what he meant was aurich made a limited run of numbered hammers. But he was looking into making a mass produced (pro) version that never got off the ground.

Both hammers were for Prem/le Met pinballs.

#8759 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I think what he meant was aurich made a limited run of numbered hammers. But he was looking into making a mass produced (pro) version that never got off the ground.
Both hammers were for Prem/le Met pinballs.

Yar, this. He made Le/prem limited run. And mentioned doing a pro hammer mod, never happened, so far. Hope he gets around to it!

#8760 7 years ago

Anyone know the message section numbers to change the names of your songs using pinbrowser? I updated the code and it sounds good but it repeats a never twice which is incorrect

#8761 7 years ago

You need to search keywords for messages. Be careful with the song "One." Make sure you're changing the song title and not the number or the word "none."

#8762 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You need to search keywords for messages. Be careful with the song "One." Make sure you're changing the song title and not the number or the word "none."

Yeah I searched but now I'm finding multiple that have the same name reference. I can keep on trying.

#8763 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I searched but now I'm finding multiple that have the same name reference. I can keep on trying.

You're changing all references to the song title. They show up during game play for different reasons as standard text. When entering initials, during CIU modes, when modes end. The only titles that won't change is when the title is part of a DMD animation, like Battery or Blackened, for example.

#8764 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You're changing all references to the song title. They show up during game play for different reasons as standard text. When entering initials, during CIU modes, when modes end.

Does changing out every instance of a song name affect the dot colorization if you have a ColorDMD?

Quoted from Sparky:

The only titles that won't change is when the title is part of a DMD animation, like Battery or Blackened, for example.

Can you swap out a song as an option at the beginning of the game but still keep it when playing the corresponding CIU mode?

#8765 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does changing out every instance of a song name affect the dot colorization if you have a ColorDMD?

Can you swap out a song as an option at the beginning of the game but still keep it when playing the corresponding CIU mode?

I believe the dot colorization for the text is a default white or yellow. Whatever it is with the original song title, it stays the same.

When you swap a song, it changes all instances of that song, even if it's just a short riff (match or end of game, for example).

#8766 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

When you swap a song, it changes all instances of that song, even if it's just a short riff (match or end of game, for example).

That sucks. So if I changed out For Whom the Bell Tolls with something else, the wrong song would be playing when I select that CIU mode. That's a bummer.

#8767 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That sucks. So if I changed out For Whom the Bell Tolls with something else, the wrong song would be playing when I select that CIU mode. That's a bummer.

CIU mode would be the replacement song. While the ball is in the scoop and you're making your choices, the new song title would show because that's basic text, so that would be correct, but the DMD animation, like the word "Battery" smashing Sparky's head would still read Battery. The call outs would still say the original callouts, which call out the original song title in some cases.

#8768 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Also...Pinball Browser is pretty awesome. I wouldn't say those limitations suck. I've changed every song for novelty purposes to 90's dance music temporarily, and no one notices the subtle conflicts. Nothing gets people walking over to the machine more than when the following are thumping: The Humpty Dance, Gonna Make You Sweat, Good Vibrations, White Lines, Rapper's Delight, Insane in the Brain, My Humps, and similar.

#8769 7 years ago

guys - is your dip switch 7 to the left or right? I think it needs to be to the right

#8770 7 years ago

About to pull the trigger, and still debating about the extra $1,600 for a premium. Tried to search, but this thread is 176 pages now. Can someone summarize the consensus with regard to whether the upcharge is worth it on this pin (or point me to the relevant thread as I'm sure this has been discussed before ad nausea)?

UPDATE: Disregard. I found it (decent discussion around page 110)

#8771 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

About to pull the trigger, and still debating about the extra $1,600 for a premium. Tried to search, but this thread is 176 pages now. Can someone summarize the consensus with regard to whether the upcharge is worth it on this pin (or point me to the relevant thread as I'm sure this has been discussed before ad nausea)?
UPDATE: Disregard. I found it (decent discussion around page 110)

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but I recently added MET to my collection again about a month ago, I consider the game to be a long term keeper for me. I previously owned the LE and thought that I could go with adding either a Pro or Prem. I came across a nice premium and snagged it, and I'm glad I did. The light show alone adds so much to the game TO ME. My hammer works perfectly and I love the coffin lock. The snake jaw also adds more to the game than I thought it did (I had been playing a pro before I bought the prem). So to me, well worth the extra $. If I was more on a budget, I'd be happy with the pro though.

#8772 7 years ago

Metallica's new album is out!!! Pretty good Long ass songs so 2 cd's, 6 on each.

Stern signs another license with Metallica.....update with a new song on?!?!??! xmas gift?!?!

#8773 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I got some good news for you. F10 supplies 20vdc flasher circuits. You most likely have a shorted flasher bulb, or could be a socket or wiring to a socket, but most likely just a shorted bulb. Since you said it happens when you hit Sparky there are 3 circuits to check
Q27, Electric Chair x2
Q28, Electric Chair Spotlights x2
Q32, Electric Chair insert
So replace your fuse, go into solenoid test mode, make sure you pull out the interlock switch to supply high voltage. Test these 3 flashers one at a time. When the fuse blows you've found the bad circuit. Then I would first just try a new bulb, or you could try it with no bulb and see if it still blows fuse.

I found the problem thanks to you ended up being the sparky elwire mod went bad soon as I disconnected games playing great thanks a million

#8774 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Metallica's new album is out!!! Pretty good Long ass songs so 2 cd's, 6 on each.
Stern signs another license with Metallica.....update with a new song on?!?!??! xmas gift?!?!

You're saying Stern has renewed their license with Metallica?
Do you have a reference for this?

#8775 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - is your dip switch 7 to the left or right? I think it needs to be to the right

That's kind of personal, man. Mine is slightly to the left and feels just fine. I don't think it would be the same if i switched it to the right.

#8777 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You're saying Stern has renewed their license with Metallica?
Do you have a reference for this?

It was said on one of their factory tour FB videos. It is on the 11/16 feed 11 minutes in..

#8779 7 years ago

The re-up is great news. I'm looking at one for my location. Has anyone been routing one to know what might wear? I'm a little concerned about the Sparky magnet. Is that a valid concern? Any other areas? Anything that can be done to protect them?

#8780 7 years ago

a mylar circle around the sparky magnet (the one with the notch cut into it from the iron man set that marco's sells fits perfectly)
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

making sure that the magnet is leveled and set to the proper height and having the sparky leg, airball protector on your routed game will do wonders at keeping it up and running and protected
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_74&products_id=630&zenid=b5bdb3aba11bd87d0b19667ae4c550d5

[currently sold out]

#8781 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The re-up is great news. I'm looking at one for my location. Has anyone been routing one to know what might wear? I'm a little concerned about the Sparky magnet. Is that a valid concern? Any other areas? Anything that can be done to protect them?

protectors on both magnets, must level magnet again with protector. I got cliffy CF ones and the mylar ones. Going cf I think.

ALso get the extended sparky plastic protector to help with air balls.. Otherwise the standard drain and shooter lane protectors..

#8783 7 years ago

I have two more MET LED Insert Mods that are ready to ship out before Thanksgiving! PM me or go to: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinMods
MET Insert LED Mod (resized).jpgMET Insert LED Mod (resized).jpg

#8784 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

That's kind of personal, man. Mine is slightly to the left and feels just fine. I don't think it would be the same if i switched it to the right.

Ha Ha....really though should dip switch 7 be set to the right or left? Can someone confirm?

#8785 7 years ago

btw - after weeks of tweaking sound, I think I found the sweet spot. Required a sub AND pinballpro speakers which really helped with the lack of treble. Still doesn't sound as good as my pinsound (why they went mono with a modern pin is CRAZY) but I think it's the best I can do. No pinsound for this yet right? No way to get stereo sound on this correct? I have the pinbits sub extender which might allow me to connect this to my home speaker system but I don't believe it will help with quality overall b/c source is still mono.

#8786 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ha Ha....really though should dip switch 7 be set to the right or left? Can someone confirm?

Yeah, no idea on the dipswitch. Just being silly.

Quoted from delt31:

after weeks of tweaking sound, I think I found the sweet spot. Required a sub AND pinballpro speakers which really helped with the lack of treble. Still doesn't sound as good as my pinsound (why they went mono with a modern pin is CRAZY) but I think it's the best I can do.

I have the Pinnovators PinSub kit for my subwoofer and pioneer coax speakers in the backbox with the resistor removed. Still wish the backbox speakers had more volume, but they're much better than the stock ones.

btw- had a 358M and 348M game last night. Still can't get more than 2 CIUs in a game, but at least got S&D and Blackened on both games.

#8787 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Yeah, no idea on the dipswitch. Just being silly.

I have the Pinnovators PinSub kit for my subwoofer and pioneer coax speakers in the backbox with the resistor removed. Still wish the backbox speakers had more volume, but they're much better than the stock ones.
btw- had a 358M and 348M game last night. Still can't get more than 2 CIUs in a game, but at least got S&D and Blackened on both games.

What do you mean with the resistor removed? I have pinballpro speakers in there. How do I remove the resistor and is it worth it/necessary?

#8788 7 years ago

For those who have installed the Pinbits plastic protector set what additional hardware did you need? There is a comment on the Pinbits site: "Please, order in addition thin washers and thin locknuts."

#8789 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

For those who have installed the Pinbits plastic protector set what additional hardware did you need? There is a comment on the Pinbits site: "Please, order in addition thin washers and thin locknuts."

If you use stock hardware the locking nut won't thread to the nylon. This can work. If you want locking nut to work you'll need updated ones. Kind of a preference

#8790 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you use stock hardware the locking nut won't thread to the nylon. This can work. If you want locking nut to work you'll need updated ones. Kind of a preference

Not my experience after removing the big metal washer. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a game by game issue.

Pinbits - I needed nothing.

#8791 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Same here. Installed the complete kit. Nothing else was needed.

#8792 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I didn't consider the removal of the stock metal washers which will help.

#8793 7 years ago

Probably going to order my first Color DMD for my MET. My question is does it matter what code version the game is on? I still haven't updated the last code update.

#8794 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Probably going to order my first Color DMD for my MET. My question is does it matter what code version the game is on? I still haven't updated the last code update.

yes and no. if you are ordering one of the newer chroma board colordmd's, you have one choice and one choice only; the firmware for 1.70
I think that it will only mess up a few call-outs if you are running an older firmware, but for the most part should run without a hitch

if you have an older colordmd display kit (the sigma kits) you can download an older version of the colordmd firmware for metallica by copying and changing the download link to one of the following:
http://colordmd.com/download.php?rom=MET_3_4 <- this is the latest, which supports v1.70
http://colordmd.com/download.php?rom=MET_3_3 <- this is a slightly older version that supports v1.64

#8795 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not my experience after removing the big metal washer. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a game by game issue.

No my nut threaded but the nylon locking section wouldn't catch.

#8796 7 years ago

It will be one of the new chroma ones. Thanks for the info. I'll just update to the newer code. I've been meaning to do it anyway.

#8797 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

No my nut threaded but the nylon locking section wouldn't catch.

Very odd then. As you can see mine go nearly flush.

Sparky ones could use to come down more but they hold just fine.

20161124_213045 (resized).jpg20161124_213045 (resized).jpg
14800447478001185760963 (resized).jpg14800447478001185760963 (resized).jpg
1480044791262144833905 (resized).jpg1480044791262144833905 (resized).jpg

#8798 7 years ago

guys - how do you make the lockdown bar tighter? Old machines there were two screws you could adjust. What abotu with the stern ones like this game?

#8799 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - how do you make the lockdown bar tighter? Old machines there were two screws you could adjust. What abotu with the stern ones like this game?

No adjustment that I know of. Make sure the latches are all the way up over the hooks. I've never experienced a loose lockdown bar with the new style latches.

#8800 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - how do you make the lockdown bar tighter? Old machines there were two screws you could adjust. What about with the stern ones like this game?

I stacked three pcs. of thin self-adhesive felt on the underside of both ends of my lockdown bar when I opened up my NIB machine to a) tighten down the lockbar and b) keep the lockdown bar from scratching up the ends of the side rails (I put new side rails with the metallica cut-outs on them on my machine and didn't want them getting all scraped up

jo-ann fabrics sells a 9"x12" sheet of the stuff for $1.99 and I probably only used a 9" x 3/4" strip of the entire sheet (6 pcs. of 1-1/2" x 3/4")

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No adjustment that I know of. Make sure the latches are all the way up over the hooks. I've never experienced a loose lockdown bar with the new style latches.

I think that he's talking about an older wooden back-box or a premium/LE machine. not one of the newer ones with the luggage type lock-down clips

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/176 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.