C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 434.
#8701 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wonder how the 3D printed thing would look with the eyeball sticker.

The eyeballs on the sticker take up most of the room - you'd have to adjust the holes to be bigger and lined up with the art.

#8702 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't know if they've run the game for a while. The only issue I remember was ones made around April 2014...

They did a run of them the end of this summer/early fall I think. That's when distributors got more. Seemed to be around the same time people started complaining about GB playfields.

#8703 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The eyeballs on the sticker take up most of the room - you'd have to adjust the holes to be bigger and lined up with the art.

Yep. I think if you created one that was custom made for the eyeball sticker, it would really make the lit eyeballs more noticeable.

#8704 7 years ago

Hey all. I'm back!

This time I am having issues with the SNAKE EJECT switch. I ran the switch test and threw a ball in the snakes jaw and the SNAKE EJECT did not light up.

I fiddled under the playfield and concluded that it is not an issue with the button not being suppressed. I was able to press the button and the switch would still not light up.

So I opened the manual and can see the switch on the SWITCH MATRIX GRID. Not sure what it tells me though. No idea how these things work. It says it is switch #54, and something about a GRN-YEL and WHT-BLU wire. No idea how this helps. Both wires are under the playfield, I can tell you that much for sure I saw them with my own two eyes!

Not sure how to troubleshoot this or what to do from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks you all you are so lovely hope your Tuesday night is great!

#8705 7 years ago

Joined the Metallica owners club with a NIB Premium purchase. Was a bit older production run so hoping I avoid the play field issues many are having. Looks great so far!

Unfortunately, have to report two issues that should never have passed Stern quality control. First, the GI didn't work out of the box. Turned out wire was too taught underneath and pulling on the connector. Second, the cross would raise but falls after rising. Check out the pics below - it was installed wrong and screws missing.

Thanks to gweempose for helping me identify the issue and resolving tonight. Crazy that passed Q&A.

IMG_5054 (resized).JPGIMG_5054 (resized).JPG
IMG_5053 (resized).JPGIMG_5053 (resized).JPG

#8706 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Joined the Metallica owners club with a NIB Premium purchase. Was a bit older production run so hoping I avoid the play field issues many are having. Looks great so far!
Unfortunately, have to report two issues that should never have passed Stern quality control. First, the GI didn't work out of the box. Turned out wire was too taught underneath and pulling on the connector. Second, the cross would raise but falls after rising. Check out the pics below - it was installed wrong and screws missing.
Thanks to @gweempose for helping me identify the issue and resolving tonight. Crazy that passed Q&A.

You should send those pictures and description to Stern. Glad you finally got your Met.

#8707 7 years ago

GI could have easily worked at Stern before it was boxed up and shipped out. That gear motor is another story. Congrats and hope you enjoy your game.

#8708 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You should send those pictures and description to Stern. Glad you finally got your Met.

it probably would have been well past the warranty period, but at least he had brian to help him out

I'm having fun myself still trying to fix the manual shooter rod, auto shooter and snake. the screw holes for the auto shooter were all jacked up and 7 out of 9 of them were stripped out. (toothpicks and wood glue to the rescue for those).

the 6 screw holes for the entire snake assembly and the captured ball stand-up target were not drilled in the proper place (causing the right side of the snake jaw to rub on the inside of the playfield cut-out) and now I need to plug them with 1/8" dia. wooden dowels and wood glue and then re-pilot and drill new holes approx. 1-2mm away

#8709 7 years ago

Second batch of Skulls & coffins are ready to ship. Thanks everyone.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Silver Skull with lit eyes on coffin, $55 (USPS First Class included in price, continental USA). The mod is designed to sit above the captive ball coffin lock (behind the newton b...”
2017-01-05
Tucson, AZ
55 (Firm)
Archived after: 49 days
Viewed: 581 times

#8710 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm having fun myself still trying to fix the manual shooter rod, auto shooter and snake. the screw holes for the auto shooter were all jacked up and 7 out of 9 of them were stripped out. (toothpicks and wood glue to the rescue for those).

the 6 screw holes for the entire snake assembly and the captured ball stand-up target were not drilled in the proper place (causing the right side of the snake jaw to rub on the inside of the playfield cut-out) and now I need to plug them with 1/8" dia. wooden dowels and wood glue and then re-pilot and drill new holes approx. 1-2mm away

That's horrible. I hope you contacted Stern about all that.

#8711 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's horrible. I hope you contacted Stern about all that.

there's not much that I could have done about considering that I had the machine for over a year before I managed to clear out enough space to unbox and set it up.

plain and simple, their auto shooter setup is pretty bad and causes a lot of undue torque on the assembly itself due to the fact that it is offset, but that has nothing to do with how mine was put together. everything worked pretty well out of the box, but after 200-300 plays, it becomes apparent that things just aren't working the way that they should.

looking at the how the snake was mounted (and the captured ball target, mounted so that it was actually screwed down on top of the snake mechanism is just pure laziness, poor judgement and no supervision to verify assembly of these complicated machines. it shows that their workers don't really care. sure, they're all smiles when you take a tour of stern's building, but my guess is that most of those positions pay minimum wage.

I'm working on getting a nos playfield. I'll have ron kruzman clear it and then I'll eventually swap it and either sell or hang the original on the wall.

I liken how my machine was put together just like an automobile being built on a friday

#8712 7 years ago

Wowza...I have heard about and have had friends with issues with various Stern games. Unfortunately it seems as if allot of issues are getting past there quality check.

Quoted from badbilly27:

Thanks to gweempose for helping me identify the issue and resolving tonight. Crazy that passed Q&A.

#8713 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

there's not much that I could have done about considering that I had the machine for over a year before I managed to clear out enough space to unbox and set it up.
plain and simple, their auto shooter setup is pretty bad and causes a lot of undue torque on the assembly itself due to the fact that it is offset, but that has nothing to do with how mine was put together. everything worked pretty well out of the box, but after 200-300 plays, it becomes apparent that things just aren't working the way that they should.
looking at the how the snake was mounted (and the captured ball target, mounted so that it was actually screwed down on top of the snake mechanism is just pure laziness, poor judgement and no supervision to verify assembly of these complicated machines. it shows that their workers don't really care. sure, they're all smiles when you take a tour of stern's building, but my guess is that most of those positions pay minimum wage.
I'm working on getting a nos playfield. I'll have ron kruzman clear it and then I'll eventually swap it and either sell or hang the original on the wall.
I liken how my machine was put together just like an automobile being built on a friday

Aw man that's sad.

#8714 7 years ago

the good part is that I'm not one to worry about getting my hands "dirty" and go in and fix it myself. probably saves me a lot in the long run and adds another skill to my repertoire

#8715 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the good part is that I'm not one to worry about getting my hands "dirty" and go in and fix it myself. probably saves me a lot in the long run and adds another skill to my repertoire

Getting your hand's dirty? How old is your game.

#8716 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

You should still consider reaching out to Stern. They may do something considering the amount of issues you're having.

#8717 7 years ago

Met monster blowing f10 fuse continuesly Checked for a short cant seem to find one // game will work fine till about the second ball then pop flippers go dead

#8718 7 years ago

Anyone know the sound locations of the songs for the Premium off hand?

I have this new Metallica Album and want to add all the new songs to the code.

#8719 7 years ago

Hoping to be a new member of the club soon and have started to dig through the vast info on this game. Since there are 175 pages could someone please give me some tips on what issues to look for on a used Pro or point to a compilation somewhere if it already exists? Specifically playfield issues or common problems that I should be aware of. I'm experienced in pinball and circuit repair, just new to Metallica! Thanks

#8720 7 years ago

- Make sure the magnet areas are good (no major mushrooming for example)
- Make sure the PF looks good (their was a batch of PF that had some chipping issues. I don't recall the time date of that but maybe someone else can advise).
- Check Sparky's feet as I've seen several with broken or cracked feet. Not a cheap replacement.

Outside of that you should be fine. MET's seem to be pretty well built overall. If you change your mind to a Prem/LE do the above but make sure it has the updated magnet board.

#8721 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

496 Battery: 5:10
591 Blackened: 6:38
702 Creeping Death: 6:34
791 Enter Sandman: 5:30
846 Fade to Black: 6:56
912 For Whom the Bell Tolls: 5:09
939 Fuel: 4:29
998 Master of Puppets: 8:32
1066 One: 7:24
1199 Ride the Lightning: 6:35
1281 Sad But True: 5:23
1351 Seek and Destroy: 6:50
1429 End of the Line: 7:51
1494 Unforgiven: 6:26

Added over 5 years ago:

Code Update 1.80

490 Battery: 5:10
605 Blackened: 6:38
716 Creeping Death: 6.34
787 Enter Sandman: 5:30
860 Fade to Black: 6:56
914 For Whom the Bell Tolls: 5:09
953 Fuel: 4:29
1012 Master of Puppets: 8:32
1080 One: 7:24
1213 Ride the Lightning: 6:35
1295 Sad But True 5:23
1365 Seek and Destroy: 6:50
1444 End of the Line: 7:51
1511 Unforgiven: 6:26

Added over 5 years ago:

V. 1.80 Prem/LE
493 Battery: 5:10
608 Blackened: 6:38
719 Creeping Death: 6.34
790 Enter Sandman: 5:30
863 Fade to Black: 6:56
917 For Whom the Bell Tolls: 5:09
956 Fuel: 4:29
1015 Master of Puppets: 8:32
1083 One: 7:24
1216 Ride the Lightning: 6:35
1298 Sad But True 5:23
1368 Seek and Destroy: 6:50
1447 End of the Line: 7:51
1514 Unforgiven: 6:26

#8722 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

How do you have the new cd? I want, i want

#8723 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

496 Battery: 5:10
591 Blackened: 6:38
702 Creeping Death: 6:34
791 Enter Sandman: 5:30
846 Fade to Black: 6:56
912 For Whom the Bell Tolls: 5:09
939 Fuel: 4:29
998 Master of Puppets: 8:32
1066 One: 7:24
1199 Ride the Lightning: 6:35
1281 Sad But True: 5:23
1351 Seek and Destroy: 6:50
1429 End of the Line: 7:51
1494 Unforgiven: 6:26

Are the sound locations the same on the pro? I've been wanting to add "I Disappear" but I don't know what I want to replace yet.

#8724 7 years ago

Any recommendations as to whether I should go LCD or LED for a color DMD? I've skimmed through the LCD vs LED thread, but didn't see Met used as an example. I was hoping to get some insight from within the club as to which is preferred.

#8725 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Are the sound locations the same on the pro? I've been wanting to add "I Disappear" but I don't know what I want to replace yet.

I believe they are the same for both. I've done song changes for both the most recent pro and prem/le code, but I don't think I used different request numbers.

#8726 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Any recommendations as to whether I should go LCD or LED for a color DMD? I've skimmed through the LCD vs LED thread, but didn't see Met used as an example. I was hoping to get some insight from within the club as to which is preferred.

No one has an led in their game yet. Everyone is waiting to see who's gonna be the first.

#8727 7 years ago

i just went LCD and really impressed. I wanted more than the dot look and LED doesn't offer that.

#8728 7 years ago

Many people love the dot look and the led display does not disappoint. I have the led T3 next to my lcd Met Pro.

#8729 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I believe they are the same for both. I've done song changes for both the most recent pro and prem/le code, but I don't think I used different request numbers.

Awesome. Thanks Sparky! Any tips when swapping songs? Recommended bit rate, etc.?

#8730 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How do you have the new cd? I want, i want

If you look hard enough on the WWW you can find it.

#8731 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Awesome. Thanks Sparky! Any tips when swapping songs? Recommended bit rate, etc.?

I believe the most current version of Pinball Browser takes care of the bitrate and other particulars. A donation is required to get a code key to unlock the features you'll need. Song length is important. If your replacement is too long, you can fade early. If it's too short, you'll get dead air. If you pre-edit in something like Audacity, you can add a loop or "clone" the end of the song to fill the dead space.

#8732 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I believe the most current version of Pinball Browser takes care of the bitrate and other particulars. A donation is required to get a code key to unlock the features you'll need. Song length is important. If your replacement is too long, you can fade early. If it's too short, you'll get dead air. If you pre-edit in something like Audacity, you can add a loop or "clone" the end of the song to fill the dead space.

I bought a license for Pinball Browser a while ago but I've never used it. Good to know I don't have to worry about bitrate etc. Thank you for bringing the song length issue to my attention. Do most people solve that issue with a song loop as you suggested? After editing in Audacity, does the song need to be the same length within a second or so to avoid the early fade or dead space?

#8734 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I ordered a LCD as I suspect the LED will be way too bright for me. For an example, I set the GI illumination on my premium to 10 from the default of 50.

I will report back once I get it and get it installed.

#8735 7 years ago

Blowing f10 fuse no shorts that i can see ??? Anybody?? Have this happen before

#8736 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Blowing f10 fuse no shorts that i can see ??? Anybody?? Have this happen before

What does F10 supply? What have you done so far to troubleshoot?

#8737 7 years ago

This reminds me. Didn't you used to sell some kind of plastic gizmo that prevents spotlights mounted on hex posts from rotating? I recently searched for the product on your site, but I couldn't find it.

#8738 7 years ago

So on the newest stern live feed it was mentioned thst the met license was renewed.... looks like they will be making them for a long time and id guess its probably the top selling stern pin of all time.

#8739 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What does F10 supply? What have you done so far to troubleshoot?

It supplies the flippers and I believe the magnets i can put a new fuse in then start playing no problem / then i hit sparky bam fuse blows i see no shorts no wires smashed im really lost on this one

#8740 7 years ago

I just pulled my sling spotlights out and it looks much better than before.

#8741 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This reminds me. Didn't you used to sell some kind of plastic gizmo that prevents spotlights mounted on hex posts from rotating? I recently searched for the product on your site, but I couldn't find it.

I believe they are here - https://mezelmods.com/collections/under20/products/hex-nuts?variant=942826501

Quoted from bigd1979:

So on the newest stern live feed it was mentioned thst the met license was renewed.... looks like they will be making them for a long time and id guess its probably the top selling stern pin of all time.

Would be interesting to know. My bet is that Met Pro is the highest Pro but AC/DC Prem would still hold that placement for the prem/LE market. Combining them It's gotta be close.

#8742 7 years ago

That renewal is great news. I've wanted a Metallica for a long time and once my WoZ is paid off, I'm gonna immediately open a new tab and place an order. I was starting to get spooked that NIB Mets wouldn't exist in a month or two though. Can't wait to get one of my own.

#8743 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

It supplies the flippers and I believe the magnets i can put a new fuse in then start playing no problem / then i hit sparky bam fuse blows i see no shorts no wires smashed im really lost on this one

OK, I got some good news for you. F10 supplies 20vdc flasher circuits. You most likely have a shorted flasher bulb, or could be a socket or wiring to a socket, but most likely just a shorted bulb. Since you said it happens when you hit Sparky there are 3 circuits to check
Q27, Electric Chair x2
Q28, Electric Chair Spotlights x2
Q32, Electric Chair insert

So replace your fuse, go into solenoid test mode, make sure you pull out the interlock switch to supply high voltage. Test these 3 flashers one at a time. When the fuse blows you've found the bad circuit. Then I would first just try a new bulb, or you could try it with no bulb and see if it still blows fuse.

#8744 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I got some good news for you. F10 supplies 20vdc flasher circuits. You most likely have a shorted flasher bulb, or could be a socket or wiring to a socket, but most likely just a shorted bulb. Since you said it happens when you hit Sparky there are 3 circuits to check
Q27, Electric Chair x2
Q28, Electric Chair Spotlights x2
Q32, Electric Chair insert
So replace your fuse, go into solenoid test mode, make sure you pull out the interlock switch to supply high voltage. Test these 3 flashers one at a time. When the fuse blows you've found the bad circuit. Then I would first just try a new bulb, or you could try it with no bulb and see if it still blows fuse.

You rock im on it will report back thank you

#8747 7 years ago

I'm in the club! So psyched!

IMG_20161118_234825223 (resized).jpgIMG_20161118_234825223 (resized).jpg

#8748 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm in the club! So psyched!

Wrong club, my friend ...

#8749 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wrong club, my friend ...

LMAO....oops! Well, I've been in this one for a while too

IMG_20160509_181214718 (resized).jpgIMG_20160509_181214718 (resized).jpg

#8750 7 years ago

where did you get the mod for the hammer? looks good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/175?hl=mikedenton49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.