Topic Stats

• 17,191 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,943 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg
20200106_232456 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17191 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 344.
#8651 3 years ago

I recently had one of the specialty LEDs from the backbox pop off and break and, for some reason, when I tried to replace it now none of those six bulbs are lighting. The rest of the LEDs and flashers seem 100% and the game is playing fine otherwise.

Any ideas? I would assume that these six bulbs are not associated with a dedicated fuse.

Thanks!

#8652 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

recently had one of the specialty LEDs from the backbox pop off

Do you have an after market back box lighting kit? Can you post a pic of the problem area?

#8653 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Do you have an after market back box lighting kit? Can you post a pic of the problem area?

I'm referring to the row of blue lights behind/above sparky on the back wall of the playfield. I've attached an image from google since I'm currently traveling for work.

metallica_detail-15_mop (resized).jpg

#8654 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm referring to the row of blue lights behind/above sparky on the back wall of the playfield. I've attached an image from google since I'm currently traveling for work.

Those shouldnt be special. I think they are just bayonet/44/47 style push in and twist bulbs. They may even be wedge/555 but i doubt it

#8655 3 years ago

They are 44/47 but why one going out is effecting the other 5 is strange.

#8656 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Going from memory:
1. Remove two screws that hold the plate that holds the coil for the post in (not the coil stop).
2. Remove the plastic tipped post from the coil. The spring will come off the post as well.
3. Mount spring from plastic post to new metal one.
4. Insert metal post and spring into coil.
5. Screw the coil plate back into the base plate.
6. Check to see if the top of the metal post is level with the playfield when it's down. Adjust height as required with screw in guide at opposite end from the coil stop.
A picture would help but there's not much to it.

Thanks to everyone that helped me with the diverter post swap. I've added instructions with pictures here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diverter-post-replacement-for-metallica-and-others#post-3417137

#8657 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Any ideas? I would assume that these six bulbs are not associated with a dedicated fuse.

Yes, they are. F3 on your driver board.

#8658 3 years ago

Scary what is in that head of yours TB. I guess messing around with the guts of a met for months at a time building the interceptor will do that to you!

#8659 3 years ago

I keep on hearing about lighting kits for metallica pros (and maybe prem and LE). Is this the best one? and does it just work during sparky? Mine already has side art on it.

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Creeping-Death-Lighting-effects-for-the-Cabinet-Artwork/p/30141856/category=7060554

#8660 3 years ago

Joining the cool kids of the Met pros with a monsters premium translite...expensive, but worth it!

IMG_0076 (resized).JPG

#8661 3 years ago

Best is subjective. Especially since you can combine a lot of lighting kits. That one generally hooks up to the flashers behind sparky, but technically you could hook it up to whatever you wanted (coffin, cross, etc.)

I do really like this mod and have it on my pro and stle also. I have to say the matrix interceptor timebandit makes is my favorite mod to show off on the game. Especially since I have the rising cross in my pro.

#8662 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Thanks TB. Are you a god?

#8663 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks TB. Are you a god?

I've blown enough of those fuses. Haha.

#8664 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

appreciate the info, I'll check that for sure

#8665 3 years ago

If there is anyone who knows the ins and outs of the lighting system on MET, it's TB .....

#8666 3 years ago

Cheap and Easy snake fangs -- legos and earthquake putty.
This is not my idea, found it elsewhere on pinside months ago, but works great.

I've got over two months and 400+ plays on them with no issues.

I have a limited amount of extra parts if anyone is interested.

WED_4807 (resized).JPG

Archived after 42 days
Not sold
Mod - For Sale
New “For $6 bucks (domestic shipping included) I'll send you everything you need to add them to your snake. There's nothing magic about this. You can readily find the components yourse...”
2017-01-20
Tucson, AZ
6 (Firm)

#8668 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Cheap and Easy snake fangs -- legos and earthquake putty.
This is not my idea, found it elsewhere on pinside months ago, but works great.
I've got over two months and 400+ plays on them with no issues.
I have a limited amount of extra parts if anyone is interested.

NEW!modfor salePlaced 2016-10-28 00:48 (today)Metallica mod - Snake Fangs / Teeth - Cheap & Easy“I have a limited amount of surplus materials after putting snake fangs on my MET Pro.

For $6 bucks (domestic shipping included) I...” $ 6 (Firm) zene10 Elkridge, MD New

Money sent. Thanks Scott.

#8669 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You were spot on! Problem fixed!

Thanks!

#8670 3 years ago

Color DMD's in stock. Order placed.

#8672 3 years ago

looking for sparky plastic air ball protector. Anyone still sell one? I tried the guy ref here and he doesn't sell anymore

#8673 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

looking for sparky plastic air ball protector. Anyone still sell one? I tried the guy ref here and he doesn't sell anymore

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_74&products_id=630

#8674 3 years ago

Yeah sorry guys and gals. Had a few people interested that i told id contact if i was to make more. But right now i dont have the tools necessary to make them anymore. I share my late fathers scroll saw with my bro and he has it for a project hes doing for the next few months at least.

#8675 3 years ago

thanks bought one. Are you guys putting mylar over the magnet by sparky? Find that the ball sometimes doesn't get caught if I do....

#8676 3 years ago

Which color dmd are you guys ordering for metallica led or lcd?

#8677 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks bought one. Are you guys putting mylar over the magnet by sparky? Find that the ball sometimes doesn't get caught if I do....

Yes. But not OVER the magnet core itself. Just the big ring around it. Go to Marco and they have the mylar rings for Iron Man which are a perfect fit for Metallica as well!!

#8678 3 years ago

Cliffy carbon fiber looks and works great

#8679 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Cliffy carbon fiber looks and works great

Just got my cliffy order and had two CF rings for my met

#8680 3 years ago

The LED colorDMD seems easier to set up and cheaper. Is there a difference in quality between the LCD and the LED?

#8681 3 years ago

I don't believe LED has the visual options that LCD does. For example - I like the 8bit look (pixels so old school but touched up a bit) and I don't think LED does this. I believe LED can just do pixel for pixel look.

#8682 3 years ago

I have the LED version in my T3 and it doesn't do any of the visual look "tricks" the LCD version does but man-o-man it sure is nice and bright compared to the LCD version.

#8683 3 years ago

Looking for the part number for the metal post replacement for the diverter? Thanks, Mike

#8684 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Looking for the part number for the metal post replacement for the diverter? Thanks, Mike

Scroll up. It has been listed about a dozen times in this thread.

#8685 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Scroll up. It has been listed about a dozen times in this thread.

I did a search and couldn't find the actual part number. Just lots of people talking about it.

Found it!

#8686 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I did a search and couldn't find the actual part number. Just lots of people talking about it.
Found it!

You will be so glad you changed it out. Made a world of difference to me.

#8687 3 years ago

Anybody selling the Equalizer mod that was posted awhile back yet? Not the side art, the small one that was above the shooter lane.

#8688 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Anybody selling the Equalizer mod that was posted awhile back yet? Not the side art, the small one that was above the shooter lane.

I'd love to buy this one as well. Yes, I know I could make my own, but I'm lazy ....

#8689 3 years ago

Recently bought a 3D printer, made my first pinball mod today

A plastic part that fits the coffin insert so the lights of the 3 lamps are better visible and don't interfere..
Also put it on http://shpws.me/MTtR in case anyone else is interested.

met1 (resized).jpg

met2 (resized).jpg

met3 (resized).jpg

#8690 3 years ago

I wonder if this would work with the skull inserts?

#8691 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Exactly what I was thinking.

#8692 3 years ago

I had someone try and tell me off the other day, so I'm coming to you, damned souls of metal...

There is an option in the Pro code, both 1.7 and the last release for "GI Power"....on my game it does absolutely NOTHING. Goes from 0-100 50 default....but none of it makes a whit of difference that I can tell. So...does anyone know why that's there? Does it do anything at ALL? I don't want to decry the guy a total idiot.....but he posted a video of his game with it working......EXCEPT THAT HIS IS A PREMIUM OR LE, IT HAD SPINNERS AND THE RISING CROSS....after I had already made that point. ~_~;;;

IF I'm wrong, it would be good to know what it does or how to get it to actually work?

#8693 3 years ago

The skulls inserts look awesome and I'm a PREM owner. Love my hammer and spinners, but if I was a pro owner this is a must mod.

#8694 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I had someone try and tell me off the other day, so I'm coming to you, damned souls of metal...
There is an option in the Pro code, both 1.7 and the last release for "GI Power"....on my game it does absolutely NOTHING. Goes from 0-100 50 default....but none of it makes a whit of difference that I can tell. So...does anyone know why that's there? Does it do anything at ALL? I don't want to decry the guy a total idiot.....but he posted a video of his game with it working......EXCEPT THAT HIS IS A PREMIUM OR LE, IT HAD SPINNERS AND THE RISING CROSS....after I had already made that point. ~_~;;;
IF I'm wrong, it would be good to know what it does or how to get it to actually work?

Prem/LE only. Totally different GI system. Pro is just hardwired 6.3v on/off circuit.

#8695 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Prem/LE only. Totally different GI system. Pro is just hardwired 6.3v on/off circuit.

Which is exactly what I said to the guy... SMH.... people!

#8696 3 years ago

I've been interested in getting a met pro for a long time now. Is there a date range of these pins to stay away from? Pins built after June or July 2016? I'm very nervous about getting one with a bad playfield, ghosting, chipping, etc... Any thoughts on this?

#8697 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

No idea.. now the holes are just round but I could make them in other shapes (was thinking about a skull or the metallica M) but first wanted to do round as it's the easiest to make and it represents 3 pinballs after all..

#8698 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've been interested in getting a met pro for a long time now. Is there a date range of these pins to stay away from? Pins built after June or July 2016? I'm very nervous about getting one with a bad playfield, ghosting, chipping, etc... Any thoughts on this?

I don't know if they've run the game for a while. The only issue I remember was ones made around April 2014...

#8699 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Recently bought a 3D printer, made my first pinball mod today
A plastic part that fits the coffin insert so the lights of the 3 lamps are better visible and don't interfere..
Also put it on http://shpws.me/MTtR in case anyone else is interested.

The printed skull insert thing does this same function with about 9000% more style.

#8700 3 years ago

I wonder how the 3D printed thing would look with the eyeball sticker.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 17191 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside