Topic Stats

• 17,219 posts
  • 962 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,947 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17219 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 345.
#8601 3 years ago

Ya the coffin lock looks good!

#8602 3 years ago

You guys that switched out the plastic post behind Sparky for a metal one... which one did you buy? Also, is it an easy swap?

#8603 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

You guys that switched out the plastic post behind Sparky for a metal one... which one did you buy? Also, is it an easy swap?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591

Yes - an easy swap.

#8604 3 years ago

Could someone explain how to perform the swap? I'm definitely interested.

#8605 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Could someone explain how to perform the swap? I'm definitely interested.

Going from memory:

1. Remove two screws that hold the plate that holds the coil for the post in (not the coil stop).
2. Remove the plastic tipped post from the coil. The spring will come off the post as well.
3. Mount spring from plastic post to new metal one.
4. Insert metal post and spring into coil.
5. Screw the coil plate back into the base plate.
6. Check to see if the top of the metal post is level with the playfield when it's down. Adjust height as required with screw in guide at opposite end from the coil stop.

A picture would help but there's not much to it.

#8606 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Going from memory:
1. Remove two screws that hold the plate that holds the coil for the post in (not the coil stop).
2. Remove the plastic tipped post from the coil. The spring will come off the post as well.
3. Mount spring from plastic post to new metal one.
4. Insert metal post and spring into coil.
5. Screw the coil plate back into the base plate.
6. Check to see if the top of the metal post is level with the playfield when it's down. Adjust height as required with screw in guide at opposite end from the coil stop.
A picture would help but there's not much to it.

I found it easier th remove the assembly from the pf then swap it out.

#8608 3 years ago

Seems pinball life does not sell the super shiny balls anymore, what do you all recommend for Metallica? I am due...

Thanks!

#8609 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seems pinball life does not sell the super shiny balls anymore, what do you all recommend for Metallica? I am due...
Thanks!

It is possible they are just out, they usually take them off the site when there is no stock.

#8610 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks!

I'd suggest you give Terry at PBL a call if you haven't already - they've just run out of stock in the past. More recent info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shiny-pinballs-gone-from-pbl-again

#8611 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It is possible they are just out, they usually take them off the site when there is no stock.

Ive been checking for a few months now, maybe Ill just give them a call and see whats up.

#8612 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ive been checking for a few months now, maybe Ill just give them a call and see whats up.

Please post what you find out.

#8613 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks!

I ordered a bunch for pickup at PBL's open house last week. Margaret contacted a few days before the event to tell me they hadn't received them yet. Mid November is now when they expect to have them restocked.

#8614 3 years ago

I'm thinking about powder coating my Metallica LE armor. Thinking about chrome, but would like to know what you guys have done. Pics please or ideas would help.

#8615 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks!

PBL has had issues getting balls that meet their standards. Titan Pinball sells VERY similar balls (look the same to me) for about $1/ea. Awesome deal.

#8616 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

PBL has had issues getting balls that meet their standards. Titan Pinball sells VERY similar balls (look the same to me) for about $1/ea. Awesome deal.

The Titan pinballs are excellent, but remember, they are chrome steel so they magnetize very quickly on any game with magnets. I put them in my Shadow and balls immediately hung up in the trough.

#8617 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm thinking about powder coating my Metallica LE armor. Thinking about chrome, but would like to know what you guys have done. Pics please or ideas would help.

I really like the LE armor and fits the Master of Puppets art. I'd get a second set so you could always change it back.

#8618 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

The Titan pinballs are excellent, but remember, they are chrome steel so they magnetize very quickly on any game with magnets. I put them in my Shadow and balls immediately hung up in the trough.

Ok then those are out for me.

Next?

#8619 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Check out purpledrillmonkeys response to the article I linked, all the way at the very bottom.
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/
Hope that helps.

lol now there's a blast from the past

#8620 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I have a fix for that. W/B games with an opto trough can use a plastic (pet-g) shim that will keep your balls from sticking to the trough (LOL)

#8621 3 years ago

Coming as soon as the material shows up!

IMG_2757 (resized).JPG

IMG_2758 (resized).JPG

#8622 3 years ago

I think the issue with magnatized balls is not only sticking to the trough - but to each other as well.

#8623 3 years ago

Those plastic trough shims are great. They not only help with magnetism, but they also take care of any hangups you might have because of trough divots.

#8624 3 years ago

Anyone know when the color dmd's will be back in stock for Metallica??? I couldn't find any contact info on the website to ask.

#8625 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Anyone know when the color dmd's will be back in stock for Metallica??? I couldn't find any contact info on the website to ask.

I am waiting as well.

#8626 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

A ColorDMD newsletter email was sent the other day. It said they were expecting LCD displays by the end of October.

Also, if you have the metal speaker panel, be sure to check the box for the shield/standoffs (+$24). They are needed.

#8627 3 years ago

hey guys - just joined the club. Two questions:

1) Mine is the original wood box version and although it has LEDs they might not be the super brights. I went into the service menu and noticed GI brightness was 50. Is that standard? I went to 100 but it didn't seem to make it brighter.

2) Speaker volume compared to my ghostbusters is lower. It has to be up to 45 to really start hearing it. Is that expected?

What have others used to get this thing to look super bright like stock premium or stock MET LED? I like the older version b/c the PF is perfect but would like it to be just as bright.

#8628 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Buy a HUO from an early 2013 run. They are out there. That way you can inspect it and know about any issues with it before you buy it. That's the best advice unless you absolutely have to have NIB. NIB does not mean issue free. Buying one that is HUO can be great because many times the issues/bugs are already fixed and you can get a better deal. There have been several for sale recently with mods at good prices.....

I just did this for the same reason. Found one with very low plays. Mint condition.

#8629 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

2) Speaker volume compared to my ghostbusters is lower. It has to be up to 45 to really start hearing it. Is that expected?

I actually was wondering the reverse, whether the volume on Ghostbusters being so loud is expected. Helped a friend set up his new GB and was really surprised at how loud it was. Needed to turn it way down to be tolerable (sounds really nice though).

#8630 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

A ColorDMD newsletter email was sent the other day. It said they were expecting LCD displays by the end of October.
Also, if you have the metal speaker panel, be sure to check the box for the shield/standoffs (+$24). They are needed.

Thanks sparky. That kinda sucks but glad to hear that they're coming soon.

#8631 3 years ago

so BIG difference after changing music accent (or something like that) in the service menu and now the pin is really rocking with my sub. For some reason this was really low.

#8632 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

1) Mine is the original wood box version and although it has LEDs they might not be the super brights. I went into the service menu and noticed GI brightness was 50. Is that standard? I went to 100 but it didn't seem to make it brighter.

You need to put Comets 2 smd clear dome bulbs in it. The white clear domes really make the facets of the inserts sparkle. I don't color match cuz you loose the sparkle then.

#8633 3 years ago

this one?

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smdfd.htm

one other question. When I lose a ball the music stops completely and then comes back a little then full effect for ball 2. I've seen videos where the music continues playing but lower. How do I set that in my machine? Also - what does that GI brightness really do b/c 100 seems no different. Same with music volume. Only thing that really made an impact was the music vs speech settings. going - made it better.

#8634 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

this one?
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smdfd.htm
one other question. When I lose a ball the music stops completely and then comes back a little then full effect for ball 2. I've seen videos where the music continues playing but lower. How do I set that in my machine? Also - what does that GI brightness really do b/c 100 seems no different. Same with music volume. Only thing that really made an impact was the music vs speech settings. going - made it better.

I think it does that when you tilt of get a warning when it's draining on mine. Does it happen to you every time?

#8635 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

EDIT - also noticed that I can allow the ball to go across the orbit to the other side by holding left flipper at plunge but I can figure out how to do it during play. The shot keeps on getting blocked from proceeding

You can't do it during general play. The orbit block is designed to send the ball into the pops. You can permanently disable the orbit post in the settings.

#8636 3 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

I think it does that when you tilt of get a warning when it's draining on mine. Does it happen to you every time?

yes everytime. Dead silence! it's very abrupt. Must be a setting to fix that. I would also like to make the sound effects on the game louder too - haven't found a setting either.

EDIT - I figured out what was going on. If you change the music attenuation apparently the software is bugged and will drop out completely after drain. When I changed it back it was fine. The sounds effects were also louder. Weird. I guess I will go back.

As for the orbit - I literally found that setting a second ago and changed it. i like how the ball flows all the way across.

EDIT - I guess with that turned off I'll never go in the pops. hmmm. they should allow you to go in the pops on the right orbit but let you hold it to proceed on the left.

#8637 3 years ago

Started streaming our Metallica games. We are having a lot of fun doing this and will probably keep this up for a while. If you are interested, you can check it out at https://www.twitch.tv/gametimetelevision (archived on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6Oid-huev6YDm9dvRQLGBDFK2HJZj_x6). We are both pretty bad and have been having some issues with the coffin ever since switching out balls. Love the game though!

#8638 3 years ago

I originally owned a LE, sold it about a year and a half ago due to space. I have always been a big Metallica fan and love the layout and code on this game, so have been wanting to add one back. Last month while I was on vacation the bowling alley I went to after everything else closed down in town had a Metallica pro, and I fell back in love with this game.

After some searching, I was able to find a Road Case locally with about 100 plays on it with a MFG date of April 2016 for a great price, so I snagged it! Funny thing is, almost exactly a year ago I was looking for a Road Case and almost bought one, but the deal fell through as the game was super hot at that time and the game got bought out from under me. So now I have a sweet Road Case in my collection and paid about $1K less than I would have a year ago. I'm thinking this one is here to stay for quite some time now. I honestly think this is the best cab art for this game, and along with a Monsters translite (which I have waiting to install, the old dudes translite will go in storage) this game makes me very happy.

Here's a few pics of my MET with my Kiss LE and Luci. Now I just need to add a ColorDMD once they are back in stock and am looking to mod this one out.. I have fangs and snake tongue decal on order as it stands and added a Polk Audio subwoofer.

I'm also thinking of doing a gunmetal grey powder on the armor, anyone here done that yet? Should look good!

IMG_6343-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6344 (resized).jpg

#8639 3 years ago

guys - how do you add a LED strip with alligator clips on this machine? Seems a little diff than my older ones. Machine is 2013 version

Edit I figured it out. Damn this game is surprisingly addicting

#8640 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Coming as soon as the material shows up!

I've been having issues with both SILVERJET and chrome pinballs. This seems like it would fix that issue and I would love to buy this shim. Any update on when it will be available?

#8641 3 years ago

Guys,

I wanted to join the club a couple of months ago but decided not to because of all the ghosting inserts and playfield damage happening to NIB Metallica's.

Do you all know if Stern fixed those issues already with NIB machines? I really want to buy one. Thanks!

#8642 3 years ago

is it just me or are some of the songs volumes lower than others? Example- unforgiven and sad but true. It's like the volume of those were recorded lower than the rest which ends up requiring me to open the door each time to get good volume from the song.

Maybe pinbrowser can be user to replace them with louder versions?

#8643 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

is it just me or are some of the songs volumes lower than others? Example- unforgiven and sad but true. It's like the volume of those were recorded lower than the rest which ends up requiring me to open the door each time to get good volume from the song.
Maybe pinbrowser can be user to replace them with louder versions?

Add a subwoofer to the game. MET is the weakest sounding Stern game that I own. I can't imagine playing it without a sub....

Rob

#8644 3 years ago

I do have a sub Polk. The music volume by default for some of the songs sound lower than others no?

#8645 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Guys,
I wanted to join the club a couple of months ago but decided not to because of all the ghosting inserts and playfield damage happening to NIB Metallica's.
Do you all know if Stern fixed those issues already with NIB machines? I really want to buy one. Thanks!

For what it's worth I have a Met Pro with a 06/02/16 playfield date stamp and the game is perfect. About 150 games on it and the clear still looks beautiful - no ghosting and no cracking in the clear or any other damage.

#8646 3 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

For what it's worth I have a Met Pro with a 06/02/16 playfield date stamp and the game is perfect. About 150 games on it and the clear still looks beautiful - no ghosting and no cracking in the clear or any other damage.

Thanks! Hope it stays that way

#8647 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I do have a sub Polk. The music volume by default for some of the songs sound lower than others no?

The only song that I've noticed sounding lower is Master of Puppets. I think that's just because of the way it was mixed/levelled in the studio originally.

If you increase the music attenuation in the game settings (which means the values go greater into the negative range, like volume on a tuner), you can make the music louder vs the sound effects and speech. On mine I have the music at -12 and the speech at +12 to make the music more present in the mix and the speech less so.

There is a sw bug though if you adjust the music attenuation to anything other than 0 the music will often quit playing when you lose your ball. This seems like bad math programming on Lyman's part when the game tries to lower the music during the post ball presentation sequence. I would bet $1 that he's not aligning the signs and ends up with a very low music attenuation value that is too quiet to hear.

#8648 3 years ago

From what I've read here on Pinside, I don't think MET is one of the games that was majorly affected by the playfield issues. There may be a few isolated cases out there, but I don't think it's anything like we've seen on games like GB or SMVE.

#8649 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

From what I've read here on Pinside, I don't think MET is one of the games that was majorly affected by the playfield issues. There may be a few isolated cases out there, but I don't think it's anything like we've seen on games like GB or SMVE.

Awesome! Thanks! I hope they are still making NIB. I might go for it

#8650 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 17219 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside