2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 434.
#8501 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Always good advice. There are videos of the TotalLightshow on youtube that demonstrate what the kit does. An interested party could watch those and make their own opinion/decision.
But along the line of "I don't agree with others feedback" ... the large majority seems to love that 'creeping death' side art and light bar kit for metallica and I just don't get it. The art doesn't match the game and the big light structure looks bad to me, so it's not my thing at all. Most people dig it thought, which is great for them (and the guy who makes the kit).

#8502 7 years ago

I like the creeping death blades, but not the light kit for it. I have candy purple powder coated armor, and powder coated apron and the purple in the pinblades look great. I like the tribute to Cliff they put on the creeping death blades.

#8503 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I like the creeping death blades, but not the light kit for it. I have candy purple powder coated armor, and powder coated apron and the purple in the pinblades look great. I like the tribute to Cliff they put on the creeping death blades.

The light kit is one of my favorite mods. Really adds a lot to the build up to sparky multiball.

#8504 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Okay, suddenly my grave marker opto switch is constantly on. I inspected the switch, opto alignment, etc. but it all looks fine.
If I unplug the opto sensor from the opto board, it still registers as on, so it's not the opto's themsevles.
Any suggestions?

You have a sender and a receiver but they are identical parts, just used differently. Try swapping the position of the two connectors on the small opto board. If it starts working you can actually leave it that way in a pinch, but it would mean you have a bad opto.

#8505 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You have a sender and a receiver but they are identical parts, just used differently. Try swapping the position of the two connectors on the small opto board. If it starts working you can actually leave it that way in a pinch, but it would mean you have a bad opto.

Thanks for the tip. I was able to determine that my opto sensor that plugs into J4 is bad.

#8506 7 years ago

Got a Monsters translite for my pro this weekend!

20160918_000205 (resized).jpg20160918_000205 (resized).jpg

#8507 7 years ago

Hey all you MET Fans

Not sure if everyone saw our newest MOD for MET

..We are taking Pre orders now on our first run now if anyones interested.

http://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/e9419243-5c2f-31c3-773a-2185190d42f4

Offering free shipping within the states, International send us a PM for price quote.

Best!

-JR

#8508 7 years ago
Quoted from sshughes75:

Damit ive wanted one forever .....

#8509 7 years ago
Quoted from sshughes75:

I did the same, much better!!

#8510 7 years ago

Same. All the cool kids are doing it!

IMG_1240 (resized).JPGIMG_1240 (resized).JPG

#8511 7 years ago

Where are they selling them?

#8512 7 years ago

Ok guys i get it lol

#8513 7 years ago

Mine came with one!

IMG_20151101_160956173 (resized).jpgIMG_20151101_160956173 (resized).jpg

#8514 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Damit ive wanted one forever .....

Quoted from BOBCADE:

Where are they selling them?

I used a wanted ad on here. Very happy

#8515 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Comet and Cointaker both sell the exact same LEDS that Stern uses. They are the clear dome twin 2835 SMDs...
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ct-ft.htm

Good info to know, thanks.

#8516 7 years ago

Funny, I replaced my road case sweaty bald dudez for a pro translite. I'll grab a monsters too at some point.

#8517 7 years ago

Anyone interested in a haunted met pro?

Woke up this morning to my met pro with a ball locked behind the grave marker drop targets. WTF?

1. That should never happen.
2. I would have noticed if that happened while playing the night before
3. The game started, no problem, without going into ball search with only 3 in the trough before I noticed.

So my game is clearly haunted. Cliff???!!?

#8519 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine came with one!

Hey man some member here took your photo and posted it in the "no topper" thread. Just giving you heads up.

#8520 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Hey man some member here took your photo and posted it in the "no topper" thread. Just giving you heads up.

Heads up of my topper hate? I cropped it.

#8521 7 years ago

Let the haters hate. That is one of my favorite toppers. Second only toy other McKee topper, POTC. They both look awesome, I really don't care what anyone else thinks. If I had any art abilities, I would wire up an electrocution coil to the helmet on the topper to match the mod on sparky on the playfield.

#8522 7 years ago

Looking for a Laseriffic Mop Topper.
If anyone wants to sell it,i i would like to buy it.
Thank you

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8523 7 years ago
Quoted from mbarreira:

Looking for a Laseriffic Mop Topper.
If anyone wants to sell it,i i would like to buy it.
Thank you

I think I have one I will look tonight.

#8524 7 years ago

When I shoot the piston target, it rolls back down and bounces off the top of the sling-shot and out the left out-lane. Its infuriating to say the least, especially when I'm in Crank it up and want to initiate double scoring. I finally make the shot only to have it tossed to the out-lane. Does any one else experience this on their machine? I've played other machines and it didn't ever seem to happen.

#8525 7 years ago
Quoted from Gate-keeper:

When I shoot the piston target, it rolls back down and bounces off the top of the sling-shot and out the left out-lane. Its infuriating to say the least, especially when I'm in Crank it up and want to initiate double scoring. I finally make the shot only to have it tossed to the out-lane. Does any one else experience this on their machine? I've played other machines and it didn't ever seem to happen.

Is your game level from side to side?

#8526 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is your game level from side to side?

I have it leveled from glass. I know I'm suppose to level it from the play-field. Where do people normally place the level on the Metallica play-field to get an accurate reading?

#8527 7 years ago

Right between the slings

#8528 7 years ago
Quoted from Gate-keeper:

When I shoot the piston target, it rolls back down and bounces off the top of the sling-shot and out the left out-lane. Its infuriating to say the least ...

Does it do this all the time? It will only happen on my game if the ball goes partly up the piston lane and comes back down at a specific velocity. It never happens on a solid shot to the piston target.

#8529 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does it do this all the time? It will only happen on my game if the ball goes partly up the piston lane and comes back down at a specific velocity. It never happens on a solid shot to the piston target.

Mine is exactly like this as well. I have learned that i need to nudge if the ball only goes about 2/3rds up the lane.
-Jim

#8530 7 years ago

Anyone ever get stuck balls in the left orbit if it goes up slowly? The obvious solution is to try to bend the inside wire in a bit, but am curious to see if others have / had this issue.

#8531 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Anyone ever get stuck balls in the left orbit if it goes up slowly? The obvious solution is to try to bend the inside wire in a bit, but am curious to see if others have / had this issue.

as in the metal ball guides are a bit tight and your ball becomes [sandwiched] between them? if the answer is "yes", then you need to loosen one or both metal guides and open up the space where the ball travels between them

#8532 7 years ago
Quoted from Gate-keeper:

Yep mine does this too...if it goes up and hits at a decent speed it normally doesn't do it, but if it goes 3/4 of the way up and doesn't hit it it will come back down look like it's going down the in-lane...then bounce and go out the out lane...to which I generally scream "Damn Borgie lane!!!" and stomp away till it is my turn again.

Phoebe

#8533 7 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Yep mine does this too...if it goes up and hits at a decent speed it normally doesn't do it, but if it goes 3/4 of the way up and doesn't hit it it will come back down look like it's going down the in-lane...then bounce and go out the out lane...to which I generally scream "Damn Borgie lane!!!" and stomp away till it is my turn again.

LOL! At league we refer to this as the dreaded "Borg Hop". It's even worse on Kiss.

#8534 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I had this exact problem on my game and had to bend the inside ball guide inward. Also had to adjust my right orbit's inside guide similarly as it was interfering with the ball on the plunge.

#8535 7 years ago

I checked and the play field is level. Then I was testing the shot with the glass off, with the ball performing its sling shot bounce to drain out about 8 of 10 times. I adjusted the rubber at the bottom of the piston shot, rotating it a bit and cleaning some of the dirt off of it. I then tested the shot again and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. Maybe there was some wear in that particular spot on the rubber? Or maybe some dirt?

#8536 7 years ago

Finally reached End of the Line. Wow, what an exhausting game!

IMG_20160920_232536 (resized).jpgIMG_20160920_232536 (resized).jpg

#8537 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Congrats - quite the achievement!

Factory default (i.e. is there hope for me?) or personalized settings on your game?

#8538 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I've gotten to about 20% of that score in my short stint as an owner. I feel tired just thinking about the game it takes to get there.

#8539 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats - quite the achievement! Factory default settings (i.e. is there hope for me?) or personalized on your game?

The changes I've made to the game are the left outlane post is down a notch and the ball save goes 5 sec longer. Did it for my kids because this game is brutal on them but they love playing it.

A little embarrassed that I got EOL and didn't even break the high score. I put up 1,120,000,000 a few months ago. Never made it to EOL but got 355 million on Seek and Destroy and 280 million on Blackened. They ran simultaneously during coffin multiball.

Absolutely love this game as there are so many ways to get great scores.

#8540 7 years ago

Are there any distributors who are selling these NIB right now for pro's? Doesn't seem to be any for sale in my local area, just thought that I'd check. Thanks

#8541 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Are there any distributors who are selling these NIB right now for pro's? Doesn't seem to be any for sale in my local area, just thought that I'd check. Thanks

Not sure where you are but I have one for sale that's not NIB, but only a few months old, HUO, with mods.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/39003

#8542 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Not sure where you are but I have one for sale that's not NIB, but only a few months old, HUO, with mods.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/39003

Basically Kansas City area. A long ways from anywhere, lol.

#8543 7 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “This is a brand new Metallica Pro Snake Mod by PinGraffix. Brand new. Need some cash so selling stuff I have setting around. $30.00 shipped to lower 48 states.”
2016-09-21
Marshfield, MO
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 219 times

Selling my Snake Mod by PinGraffix for a Metallica Pro if anyone is interested. $35 shipped to the lower 48

#8544 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Right between the slings

It's good to buy a small level for checking front and back of playfield. It can be level at one end, but not at the other.

Rob

#8545 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's good to buy a small level for checking front and back of playfield. It can be level at one end, but not at the other.
Rob

True, I have a bubble level that I use between the slings and then as high up as it will fit. I also have a bubble level app on my phone for games where the actual level won't fit well.

#8546 7 years ago

Hmm.. I have a bubble level and i just put it across the machine in two places.

On side rails resting on lock down bar
On side rails pushed up against the channel where the glass slides in at top.

#8547 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Hmm.. I have a bubble level and i just put it across the machine in two places.
On side rails resting on lock down bar
On side rails pushed up against the channel where the glass slides in at top.

The problem with that is you now have a game with level siderails, not necessarily a level playfield.

#8548 7 years ago

we typically use a bubble level in two places as well. between the flippers (resting just above) and as far up the center of the playfield as each game will allow

the pinguy app works great (especially if you're doing the leveling by yourself since it can [call out] how far you're off

#8549 7 years ago

Hi everyone! I have a few MET led insert mods left, order here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinMods

IMG_1072 (resized).JPGIMG_1072 (resized).JPG

#8550 7 years ago

I havent used ths playfield method for 2 reasons

1 im lazy and havent bought a short torpedo level that will fit inside game

2 you have to make sure the level is square/perpendicular to the sides and/or parallel to the front of the playfield. Otherwise the level will be effected by the slope of the playfield.

Maybe ill play with the pinguy app and see how well that works for me.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 25.50
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/171 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.