IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 433.
#8451 7 years ago

If I can get that kit without the slings and outlanes connecting I will get it and send j.m.'s to you man. Will let ya know.

#8452 7 years ago

Hey someone please lmk if any more of the sparky protectors for air balls become available anywhere. Thanks.

#8453 7 years ago

After a few listens I realized this cover really sucks. But the Ramones version is unfuckwithable. Oh well...

#8454 7 years ago

Lars and Niko do a lil ditty...

#8455 7 years ago

Sloppy Seconds-Hit the Lights-extra nasty.

#8456 7 years ago

I have about 3 sparky air ball plastics left. I probably wont be making any more. So when these are gone they are gone. $5 via paypal friends and family gets ya one shipped as long as you have a USPS address. International is just too expensive shipping sorry. Pm me if interested.

#8457 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have about 3 sparky air ball plastics left. I probably wont be making any more. So when these are gone they are gone. $5 via paypal friends and family gets ya one shipped as long as you have a USPS address. International is just too expensive shipping sorry. Pm me if interested.

Pm sent

#8458 7 years ago

I like the pinballbulbs.com protectors because they are clear In the middle and don't wash out the insert. +1 for pinbits sparky cover. Fluorescent Orange is where it's at!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8459 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I like the pinballbulbs.com protectors because they are clear In the middle and don't wash out the insert. +1 for pinbits sparky cover. Fluorescent Orange is where it's at!

Your game looks great! One word of caution, though. It looks like your Sparky magnet is beginning to mushroom. You may want to swap in a new core.

#8460 7 years ago

I got the pinballbulbs protectors as well. They are not clear in the middle. The middle part is just cut out leaving just a slim outline. One of mine cracked right away. Not very noticeable but rather have something more durable.

#8461 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

PM sent

#8462 7 years ago

Anyone ever have a weird timing/sequence issue with the hammer/coffin lock sequence where the ball is misaligned on the magnet and when the magnet drops the ball "falls" into the hole but by the time that happens the magnet is already on its way back up to the playfield level and the ball gets wedged between the magnet and the underside of the playfield?

That happened to me on a recent game and I have never seen that before, im thinking it was just a weird anomaly. I don't know what could have prevented it.

The game resolved itself when it did the ball hunt and the magnet coil fired and dropped the magnet back down and the ball went into the coffin trough as it should have.

#8463 7 years ago

Occasionally on my game when 2 balls are locked in the coffin lock trough and a ball drains, the game wont register the drain and it starts the ball hunt sequence. if I nudge the game it will end the ball and award the end-of-ball score and kick the next ball into the trough as normal. I don't know if this is a switch in the trough needing adjustment or a dirty opto somewhere or what. whats confusing to me is why this only seems to happen when 2 balls are in the coffin lock trough.

Any thoughts?

#8464 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Occasionally on my game when 2 balls are locked in the coffin lock trough and a ball drains, the game wont register the drain and it starts the ball hunt sequence. if I nudge the game it will end the ball and award the end-of-ball score and kick the next ball into the trough as normal. I don't know if this is a switch in the trough needing adjustment or a dirty opto somewhere or what. whats confusing to me is why this only seems to happen when 2 balls are in the coffin lock trough.

Any thoughts?

I have the pro, so I'm not certain about how the coffin lock works. I assume there are optos down there to register the locked balls. Perhaps the opto that registers the second ball is not functioning properly?

#8465 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone ever have a weird timing/sequence issue with the hammer/coffin lock sequence where the ball is misaligned on the magnet and when the magnet drops the ball "falls" into the hole but by the time that happens the magnet is already on its way back up to the playfield level and the ball gets wedged between the magnet and the underside of the playfield?

thankfully, I've not had that happen [yet]. an extra set of optos located at the [top] of the subway could have prevented this (the ball would have to travel off of the magnet assembly and start down the trough to break the beam and signal that the magnet assembly raised and the hammer lifted

#8466 7 years ago

not only am i an owner in the metallica club, but i am also a client.

#8467 7 years ago

Hi all, FYI I'm selling a really nice Met Pro LED with a bunch of mods, etc.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I'm selling my like-new Metallica Pro LED. This home-use-only game is less than 6 months old and still has that new pinball smell! Needless to say, it is in perfect working condit...”
2016-09-08
Airdrie, AB
Archived after: 33 days
Viewed: 793 times

#8468 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks very good. I would suggest removing the spot lights mounted on the slings. The game opens up and looks so much better without them. And thanks for reminding me that my Sparky magnet looks even worse than yours. I need to take care of that!

#8469 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Looks very good. I would suggest removing the spot lights mounted on the slings. The game opens up and looks so much better without them. And thanks for reminding me that my Sparky magnet looks even worse than yours. I need to take care of that!

Wait , what , do you guys remove the spots over the slings, im.open minded let me know why again?

#8470 7 years ago

Interesting on removing the sling spotlights, thinking that one over.

#8471 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Interesting on removing the sling spotlights, thinking that one over.

Sheesh. And all that work I put in to make them fade.

#8472 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Sheesh. And all that work I put in to make them fade.

I find them standing out on some games. I do like you worked them in my gi show

#8473 7 years ago

Thanks to all who pm me with interest in my sparky airball plastic. I have replied to all and the remaining stock went out to those in the order i received the pms.

Since so many still are interested ill probably make another batch in next couple weeks. Ill let ya know when available again.

Some asked for pics. So here ya go.

20160908_210111 (resized).jpg20160908_210111 (resized).jpg

#8474 7 years ago

Got it 2 weeks ago, no regrets. First new pin.

1473385251000-1738184613 (resized).jpg1473385251000-1738184613 (resized).jpg

#8475 7 years ago

I think if I removed the sling spot lights, it would bug me that there is a visible mounting hole in the plastic where the post should be.

#8476 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I got the pinballbulbs protectors as well. They are not clear in the middle. The middle part is just cut out leaving just a slim outline. One of mine cracked right away. Not very noticeable but rather have something more durable.

Just checked out their web page.
The photo they use does seem to have a clear plastic center.
I do not own any yet, but I do like the way these look.
So do the new ones have clear plastic in the middle now, or will they just be an outline?

protector_9 (resized).jpgprotector_9 (resized).jpg

#8477 7 years ago

I did like many others have done. Relocated the left spotlight to underside to back light the fuel targets. Relocated the right spotlight to underside to light up the scoop. The area in front of the flippers is not too dark and the artwork on the slings can now be seen. I didn't come up with the idea, I just think it looks great that way.

#8478 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I find them standing out on some games.

I find them outstanding on others!

#8479 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just checked out their web page.
The photo they use does seem to have a clear plastic center.
I do not own any yet, but I do like the way these look.
So do the new ones have clear plastic in the middle now, or will they just be an outline?

That's what I thought, too. All I got was the colored portion cutout and they are pretty thin in some spots. They look good installed but not very durable.

#8480 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That's what I thought, too. All I got was the colored portion cutout and they are pretty thin in some spots. They look good installed but not very durable.

Hmm.
Guess I will need to ask them what the deal is.
They clearly show, no pun intended, clear plastic with light reflecting off of it in their photos.
Edit.. I sent them an email to find out.

#8481 7 years ago

Maybe my order was botched. Let me know what you find out.

#8482 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Maybe my order was botched. Let me know what you find out.

OK. Here is their response. I did get their permission before posting this.
Looks like they did have Clear inserts at one time but they just did not work out very well.
Here is the response below:

"Hey

So, they used to have a clear center, but in our testing would still break at times because acrylic is more fragile, but it provides the cool neon colors. The glue was also potentially leaking onto clear and making it not perfectly clear. Once installed, this couldn't be seen and looked perfect, but we heard "I paid XYZ for this..." so we cut the center step out.

What we have been doing now is cutting with no center and including a free extra sling protector. If one breaks there is a spare. Some are thinner than others and we base game testing and feedback from folks to see if they need to be thicker or will even fit if thicker then recut an send them new ones if there was a problem.

Hope that helps!"

James Rivelli
www.PinballBulbs.com

#8483 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think if I removed the sling spot lights, it would bug me that there is a visible mounting hole in the plastic where the post should be.

What mounting hole are you talking about? The notch for the harness? That would bother you? Really?

This pic was from three years ago when I did it on my METLE. I've had a pro for over a year and keep thinking I need to do it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

METLE No Spots (resized).JPGMETLE No Spots (resized).JPG

#8484 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This pic was from three years ago when I did it on my METLE.

That *does* look nice. I do like the extra light they provide though. I wonder if it would work if you moved them over to the top bolt on the outlanes instead. They'd be more out of the way there but still throw some useful light. Should be able to route the wires up the GI light socket hole near there.

#8485 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What mounting hole are you talking about? The notch for the harness? That would bother you? Really

let me introduce you to a little hobby called pinball

#8486 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

let me introduce you to a little hobby called pinball

Yep. I hear ya.

#8487 7 years ago

Thanks for the info, arcade. I did receive a pair of extras. Forgot about that.

#8488 7 years ago

Wow. I really like the no spotlight look. Never thought about it but looks GREAT ! How hard is it to re-mount those (for an unskilled lazy fella) ?
Also...anybody elses Sparky keep twisting his head to the left all the time ?
The little masochistic bastard isn't content with gettin fried everyday ; he likes his neck wrung too.

#8489 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Your game looks great! One word of caution, though. It looks like your Sparky magnet is beginning to mushroom. You may want to swap in a new core.

Appreciate the heads-up!!! How difficult are they to swap?

Also, my piballbulbs.com protectors are open in the middle I forgot about that.

#8490 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Appreciate the heads-up!!! How difficult are they to swap?

It's very easy. Just remove the large nut and then screw the core out through the top of the playfield.

#8491 7 years ago

Now that you got me lookin, I think a bag of clear washers is gonna make a nice difference compared to metal ones. Haven't put my clear slings on yet either.
Guess I really need to get tf offline and shop out my baby right ? Right.
Would be super awesome of you to throw up a pic or two of yer spotlight re-mounts.

#8493 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What mounting hole are you talking about? The notch for the harness? That would bother you? Really?
This pic was from three years ago when I did it on my METLE. I've had a pro for over a year and keep thinking I need to do it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Aah. I was thinking the post was an extra hole. It really does look nice that way....hmmmmm

#8494 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks to all who pm me with interest in my sparky airball plastic. I have replied to all and the remaining stock went out to those in the order i received the pms.
Since so many still are interested ill probably make another batch in next couple weeks. Ill let ya know when available again.
Some asked for pics. So here ya go.

This is a much needed mod, glad to see your making more.

#8496 7 years ago

Couple things
1. What is this "ghosting" on inserts people are mentioning? My FUEL inserts are like crazed with bubbles, and one spider insert has bubbles.

2. Some of the clearcoat seems wavy when you look at different angles.

3. I installed a custom message to be seen in attract mode and have yet to see it appear. Put it in 2 years ago and never seen it appear, ever. Yes, custom message setting is ON. It's a minor thing, but I have never ever seen it come up on the dmd.

4. Sometimes the left spinner will reject the ball, like get jammed under the spinner. At rest, the spinner is lifted up some, instead of completely vertical like the other spinner is.

Oh, and those blowing the F7 fuse, mine did it constantly, turns out it's a bad magnet board under the playfield. I had this issue 6 months into owning it, called dist.and Stern sent me new magnet board. Magnet board is under the playfield.
Then 2 months after that, I had a sound issue and Stern sent me a new CPU board for free and I was out of warranty and they still honored it. $500 board I found out. Since then, Game has been great.

#8497 7 years ago

I have the spotlights removed off the slings. Routed the left spotlight to light up behind fuel target. The look is much better. I have my machine a dark room so only light is from the game and can see fine without the spotlights.

#8498 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I have the spotlights removed off the slings. Routed the left spotlight to light up behind fuel target. The look is much better. I have my machine a dark room so only light is from the game and can see fine without the spotlights.

So the spotlight is still mounted on top of the playfield?

Have a pic?

#8499 7 years ago

Okay, suddenly my grave marker opto switch is constantly on. I inspected the switch, opto alignment, etc. but it all looks fine.

If I unplug the opto sensor from the opto board, it still registers as on, so it's not the opto's themsevles.

Any suggestions?

#8500 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So the spotlight is still mounted on top of the playfield?
Have a pic?

No under between the gap behind the fuel target. You take the reflector shield off of course. I put in a red LED.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.