C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 434.
#8301 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Just bend the arm on the switch inwards a bit inside the scoop.

I think you are talking about this. It looks like it is in as far as it will go.

IMG_1592 (resized).JPGIMG_1592 (resized).JPG

#8302 7 years ago

The first thing you should do is put the game in switch test mode and verify that the switch is actually registering. If it is, then you probably need to tweak it a bit like TimeBandit and tigerpin suggested. That little arm that protrudes through the opening in the metal is called an actuator. You can slightly bend it so that it sticks further out into the scoop hole. This will cause the ball to close the switch earlier

#8303 7 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

On the Mystery hole issue, you will need to bend the switch in the hole just a bit so that it stays in contact for just a bit longer when the ball is in there. It doesn't take much. Mine done the same thing out of the box and have also seen it on the Kiss scoop shot. It's an easy fix, just keep tweaking it and then testing until you get it to both register and eject.

Just read this. Thanks for the response. Got to jet for a little bit but will tweak away in about an hour. Thanks for all the help everybody!

#8304 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hello All!
Just got my Metallica Monsters yesterday! I love this dang game. However, this is the first machine I have owned and do not know how to troubleshoot issues. The extra-ball hole does not register. You can shoot the ball in there and the machine will eventually shoot it back out but not register the shot. Does anybody have and advice or references to guides on how to troubleshoot/fix this small problem.
Thank you so much!

Just was happening on mine tonight, check to see if there is a bulb in the scoop. The spotlight bulbs like to fly out, I put a little electrical tape on mine.

#8305 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

No joke. I'm 5ft 9inch tall, so on the short side and I can clearly see the opening of the Sparky lane while playing (picture of eye level). If you are taller that area is even more visible. The only thing it really blocks for me is the captive ball. I'm forced to play a pro (league) all the time and when I play it I miss the snake the absolute most so I'm also surprised to see so many think it's not much of an added feature. yeah, the moving jaw isn't that big of a deal but the game play changes it creates is quite significant. Locking out the lane until it's available for something and (my favorite) it holding a ball during MB as part of the add a ball rules. If you are a control player this added feature makes blowing up scores a lot easier as you can play in MB with one less ball in the way while having the safety net of the added ball. Keep in mind it may only add a ball once but you can lock a ball in there more than once.
I'm curious though on how many "the hammer blocks __" people there are that have the snake mod (also in my picture). Now that does block something (the inlane lights).

It's interesting how drastic the hammer blocking things can be for different people. I'm 6'1" and the hammer blocks nothing for me except the captive ball. I was worried that it was going to completely block Sparky.

#8306 7 years ago

Hey all. I think I fixed it! Could not have done it with you all. I'm very proud of myself. I am not good with this kinda work. Thanks again!

PS. Is there an easy way to prop the playfield in an upwards position? It feels like there should be a rod similar to when you pop the hood of a car open. I could not find one though. I just had my girlfriend hold the thing up while i tweaked. She is built like a mule!

#8307 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hey all. I think I fixed it! Could not have done it with you all. I'm very proud of myself. I am not good with this kinda work. Thanks again!
PS. Is there an easy way to prop the playfield in an upwards position? It feels like there should be a rod similar to when you pop the hood of a car open. I could not find one though. I just had my girlfriend hold the thing up while i tweaked. She is built like a mule!

Pics or it didn't happen! . You either rest it on the service rails (long metal bars bent under there towards the front) or pull it out all the way and raise it up to rest against the backbox.

#8308 7 years ago

Where did you guys buy your machines? Looking on ebay, but I just wanted to know if there is a particular place you all recommend

#8309 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

pulling off the glass, you should be able to lift and pull the playfield towards you. it should be lifted high enough that the pegs (if you have a pro model) or the supports are high enough so that their bottoms are slightly above the lockdown bar receiver (the metal bar that has the stickers "install 4 balls" and "caution: high voltage".

you should be able to pull the playfield towards you a good 14-16". continue pulling it forward until you cannot any more. if you continue to raise the playfield to a vertical position, it should be far enough forward that you can actually lean it backwards a bit (the apron will rest against the front of the back box). most people put a towel or something on their back box to keep anything (apron and/or back box from getting scratched)

replacing the playfield back is almost a total reversal. many people really [hate] the "bump" in the tracks that the playfield sits on, however if you use this trick, you can easily move the playfield back into the cabinet far enough past the "bump" and then back into playing position.

#8310 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Where did you guys buy your machines? Looking on ebay, but I just wanted to know if there is a particular place you all recommend

Game exchange, tilt, or automated are 3 that come to mind. They all are going to be pretty much the same price. Which is much lower than the prices you're seeing on EBay

#8311 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I watched videos of the creeping death mod and didn't care for it. I saw it live at Pintastic and bought it on the spot. It is so impressive in action. I thought those light bars looked out of place in the video, but when you see the effect, OMG. Love it.

The only thing I DON'T like about it is that it doesn't light the ENTIRE side panels from top to bottom. I may try to fix that by heating the plastic and make more of a Y out of it then an L.

#8312 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If I remember to take out the balls before lifting the playfield, I feel like a hero for the rest of the day.

Yeah, I feel great if I remember to put the balls back in before the glass and lockbar are on.

#8313 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Game exchange, tilt, or automated are 3 that come to mind. They all are going to be pretty much the same price. Which is much lower than the prices you're seeing on EBay

Thanks a lot

#8314 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can't stress enough. Do not buy off E-bay. Call any of the main distributors. They will give you a much better price as well as much better service. If you were looking at e-bay for pricing then you have a lot more budget than you originally thought. You could get a prem for not much more than a couple hundred over the e-bay pro prices

#8315 7 years ago

Man I just installed the Creeping Death LED system mod and its unreal! Very much over the top and I love it. Lights up the whole room.

#8316 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I have bought from pinball Refinery and Flipper Fidelity, and both were great. They will give you a great deal, but you have to call and ask for quotes.

Btw, I looked on pinballmap.com, and there are two pros in San Antonio if you at least want to take a day trip up there to try one. Maybe there is a member here in that area with a premium?

#8317 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That's what I'm afraid of....its just a very difficult decision...i got the money for the premium but a lot of people say its not worth the extra 2K...

Maybe not to those people, but to others it is certainly worth it. It's a matter of opinion for some and affordability for others. I say go with a premium if you can afford it. But, that's just my opinion.

Rob

#8318 7 years ago

a quick question for the group. will turning down the power to the eject coil for the snake mouth should eliminate all of the randomness that I'm currently experiencing? (premium machine)

I had to drop the entire mechanism and disassemble it to put in the mezel teeth. I made sure to "tweak" it facing as far right as it could be when I re-assembled it (because originally I was getting a lot of balls dumping directly between the flippers), but I'm still running into games where balls are ejected anywhere from: straight down the middle, anywhere on the left flipper, on the left sling to as far as into the left out lane after hopping over the left lane guide (trust me, that one blew my mind)

ps
I love the fact that you can capture 2 balls during a multi-ball in its gullet for "snake ate your ball" if it's timed just right

#8319 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Can't stress enough. Do not buy off E-bay. Call any of the main distributors. They will give you a much better price as well as much better service. If you were looking at e-bay for pricing then you have a lot more budget than you originally thought. You could get a prem for not much more than a couple hundred over the e-bay pro prices

Really? Wow!!! Thing is, I already went to tilt, and exchange websites and they have the same prices as ebay. You are saying if I call they give me a better price?

#8320 7 years ago

Please tell me who....so I can call and get me a premium

#8321 7 years ago

Right now ebay and others have the PRO led for 5,495 and the premium for 7,095....

How much would a premium cost me at these other places?

#8322 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Right now ebay and others have the PRO led for 5,495 and the premium for 7,095....

Call Cointaker, Automated, Game Exchange, Tilt Amusements, etc. There is a minimum advertised price they have to follow, but call and speak to a sales person for a better deal. All of them should be pretty close (within $100 of each other), main difference will be who has what you want in stock.

#8323 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a quick question for the group. will turning down the power to the eject coil for the snake mouth should eliminate all of the randomness that I'm currently experiencing? (premium machine)
I had to drop the entire mechanism and disassemble it to put in the mezel teeth. I made sure to "tweak" it facing as far right as it could be when I re-assembled it (because originally I was getting a lot of balls dumping directly between the flippers), but I'm still running into games where balls are ejected anywhere from: straight down the middle, anywhere on the left flipper, on the left sling to as far as into the left out lane after hopping over the left lane guide (trust me, that one blew my mind)
ps
I love the fact that you can capture 2 balls during a multi-ball in its gullet for "snake ate your ball" if it's timed just right

You dropped the whole thing to install the teeth? Mine stayed on place during the operation, not even any anesthesia.

#8324 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You dropped the whole thing to install the teeth? Mine stayed on place during the operation, not even any anesthesia.

yeah, the upper jaw was tight and I couldn't wedge them in. additionally, I didn't have enough room to get an offset screwdriver in to loosen the screw in the upper metal plate, so everything had to come out.

on the plus side, the snake didn't seem to mind

#8325 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Yeah, the upper jaw was tight and I couldn't wedge them in. Additionally, I didn't have enough room to get an offset screwdriver in to loosen the screw in the upper metal plate, so everything had to come out.

You need to get yourself a mini ratcheting screwdriver. They really come in handy for stuff like this ...

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-03044A-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-Close-Quarters/dp/B000XYOUS6/ref=pd_sim_469_10

Mini Ratcheting Screwdriver (resized).jpgMini Ratcheting Screwdriver (resized).jpg

#8326 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Retailers cannot post their lowest prices. They can over the phone. I believe everyone will have the same lowest price but doesn't hurt to call around. I bought my pro from my local rretailer for piece of mind. No surprises and someone to go to for any problems.

#8327 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

One thing I would add to j_m comments is be careful pulling out the play field. As you pull it out, lift up on it. If you pull the play field out too far straight, it can fall into the cab. Embarrassed to say I did this with my ST.

Getting the play field back in is a pain. I'm not sure how to wrestle it over the hump without lifting up in the back. Once you do it a few times you will have it figured out.

Big thing to learn when you have problems are the test menus. You can test everything in the game there: coils, switches, optos, lights, flashers, etc.

#8328 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes call around those are MSRP, typically they are around $5k for pro and $6700 for premium

#8329 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Getting the play field back in is a pain. I'm not sure how to wrestle it over the hump without lifting up in the back. Once you do it a few times you will have it figured out.

The easiest way by far to get the playfield back in is to use the technique shown in the video that j_m_ linked to above. You push down hard on the apron, and the back of the playfield will pop right over the hump. Unfortunately, this will only work if you have support rails installed. The pegs remain one of the stupidest ideas Stern ever came up with.

#8330 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The easiest way by far to get the playfield back in is to use the technique shown in the video that j_m_ linked to above. You push down hard on the apron, and the back of the playfield will pop right over the hump. Unfortunately, this will only work if you have support rails installed. The pegs remain one of the stupidest ideas Stern ever came up with.

The support/slide rails for SMVE are shaped differently (closer to the playfield) and the angle is different so the push down on the front to ease the playfield over the hump trick doesnt work for me. I have had to lift the back up and over.

#8331 7 years ago

Just ram a jam that bitch back in there. Won't hurt anything.

#8332 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I bought a pro and have played the premium/LE. They are both awesome games. I love Metallica as a band and the game. I would not personally spend another $2k for the premium. I don't like the hammer. It blocks your view when trying to hit sparky from the right flipper. I don't care about the cross, barely noticed. The snake jaw doesn't do much for me. Spinners? Well, they're spinners. I like spinners but they're also like $20-$30 in parts. Spinners aren't needed for fade to black on the pro since the number of switch hits needed on the pro is less. The light show I like, but not a game changer. I just really don't see a need for the premium. I may buy an LE one day if I find a decent price on one. The only reason I'd buy that is I love the cabinet art and I'm a big Metallica fan. The LE has a collector aspect to me.
Overall I'm really happy with my pro. I would much rather keep my pro and stick $2,000 towards another game. You can't go wrong either way, this is just my $.02

I got the Premium and couldn't be happier that I did. The hammer is not in the way of anything or obstructing view unless you are shorter than 5'-0" tall. The whole under playfield coffin lock thing is awesome and one of the coolest use of playfield toys on any game ever. The spinners, while not necessary, do add some added depth to the scoring and to the presentation of the game. The snake jaw I could take it or leave it, kinda cool but not necessary. the light show is fantastic and a complete game changer between pro LED in my opinion. The rising cross is cool but again, personally I could take it or leave it.

Ive extensively played pros on location and in others collections and have put some significant time in on premium and there is no question the premium is the better game, it does, as others have said, come down to a matter of value. Oh and the creeping death light rails with pinblades are the best mod out there, completely pushes the light show to another level!

#8333 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You need to get yourself a mini ratcheting screwdriver. They really come in handy for stuff like this ...
https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-03044A-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-Close-Quarters/dp/B000XYOUS6/ref=pd_sim_469_10

Exactly what I used

#8334 7 years ago

I use this for all pin repairs

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8335 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I use this for all pin repairs

If you ask Pro owners, they will tell you that is the hammer out of a Premium/LE lol

#8336 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you ask Pro owners, they will tell you that is the hammer out of a Premium/LE lol

Lol, I'm a pro owner and I don't think the hammer blocks the view.

#8337 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, I'm a pro owner and I don't think the hammer blocks the view.

lol, It was topical...

#8338 7 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready to place another parts order today for my Metallica LED Insert Mod. PM me to reserve yours!

Here is a link to the original thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-led-insert-mod-cross-chair-coffin-snake-1

Thanks!
MET Insert Mod CU (resized).jpgMET Insert Mod CU (resized).jpg

#8339 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just ram a jam that bitch back in there.

Damn these arcane technical terms!

#8340 7 years ago

What are these spots on the PRO coffin? Locked balls?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#8341 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What are these spots on the PRO coffin? Locked balls?

Yeah, those indicate the number of locked balls you have.

#8342 7 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Yeah, those indicate the number of locked balls you have.

Thanks! Will your mod fit the newest Led Pro's and Premiums?

#8343 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Oh and the creeping death light rails with pinblades are the best mod out there, completely pushes the light show to another level!

I love mine to and I got the extra pair of decals to put on the rails so they don't blind you. Do you have those on yours?

#8344 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! Will your mod fit the newest Led Pro's and Premiums?

It is plug and play will all Metallica Pro models (I have the MET LED). There are several people in the forum who have bought my mod and soldered it directly to their LED boards on their Premium/LE's as well.

I just set up an Etsy store where you can buy my mod:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinMods

#8345 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Call Cointaker, Automated, Game Exchange, Tilt Amusements, etc. There is a minimum advertised price they have to follow, but call and speak to a sales person for a better deal. All of them should be pretty close (within $100 of each other), main difference will be who has what you want in stock.

Thank you sir!

#8346 7 years ago

Yesterday you were kind souls were able to help me debug an issue where the mystery hole was not registering balls. Well, now that that is fixed, there are still a few little wonky things going on with the machine.

About 25% of the time, the auto-plunge does not plunge. It just kinda vibrates.
Also, the magnet on the grave is very weak. It seems like you have to hit the ball very slowly onto the magnet for it to get stuck. (not sure if this one is intentional)

Wondering if you guys got any advice for me here. Thanks again!

#8347 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Yesterday you were kind souls were able to help me debug an issue where the mystery hole was not registering balls. Well, now that that is fixed, there are still a few little wonky things going on with the machine.
About 25% of the time, the auto-plunge does not plunge. It just kinda vibrates.
Also, the magnet on the grave is very weak. It seems like you have to hit the ball very slowly onto the magnet for it to get stuck. (not sure if this one is intentional)
Wondering if you guys got any advice for me here. Thanks again!

Anything physical on the ball launcher impeding movement? Manually move it back and forth with the playfield lifted to see if it's getting hung on something. I had an apron catching it on one game.

#8349 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anything physical on the ball launcher impeding movement? Manually move it back and forth with the playfield lifted to see if it's getting hung on something. I had an apron catching it on one game.

I just had to turn the metal piece a little bit and screw it in tighter. Super ez fix (got notes from this thread: metallica-plungerauto-plunger-issues). Huge noob here.

#8350 7 years ago

Making repairs means you're officially a pinball owner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.