Topic Stats

• 16,888 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by sohchx
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,858 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16888 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 338.
#8101 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Before you try moving things...have you changed the coil power for that coil? In the menu, each feature coil setting can be changed, maybe that would send it to the desired spot on the left flipper.

I did...I increased the coil setting from where it was (32...perhaps the default?) to the max 64 but that hasn't solved the issue.

Any additional thoughts/suggestions? Bueller?

#8102 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I did...I increased the coil setting from where it was (32...perhaps the default?) to the max 64 but that hasn't solved the issue.
Any additional thoughts/suggestions?

Did you check underneath the playfield to verify that everything is nice and tight? If you are getting inconsistent fires from the snake, it might be because the plunger isn't making solid contact with the ball. Make sure everything is screwed down tight, and that the plunger is moving freely back and forth.

#8103 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Did you check underneath the playfield to verify that everything is nice and tight? If you are getting inconsistent fires from the snake, it might be because the plunger isn't making solid contact with the ball. Make sure everything is screwed down tight, and that the plunger is moving freely back and forth.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that later today for sure and will report back.

#8104 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Any additional thoughts/suggestions? Bueller?

I've had this problem. It's about 95% consistent now since I put a target splint from Mezelmods on the pick stand-up closest to the snake. My target kept creeping over and the ball would graze off of it, sometimes throwing the ball all the way to the left outlane.

#8105 3 years ago

A "target splint" eh? I'm not familiar with that but I'm certainly going to look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

#8106 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

A "target splint" eh? I'm not familiar with that but I'm certainly going to look into it.

It's a great product ...

http://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

#8107 3 years ago

What this here?

#8108 3 years ago

I have to say that is much better than most of their newer stuff

#8109 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What this here?
» YouTube video

That appears to be a music video with a 200 dollar budget including pizzas and 2 liter Cokes for the film crew.

(yes, still I'm very happy for any new Metallica!)

#8110 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What this here?
» YouTube video

Musically it sounds great, lyrically not a big fan of how James sings ever since St. Anger. Seems choppy and forced. I can't explain it, early Metallica was ground breaking and Bob Rock changed how James approaches singing and not for the better IMO.

#8111 3 years ago

Could not agree more yurijos.

#8112 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is your magnet level? This was happening on mine a bit and I found my magnet was ever so slightly too high. It would cause the ball to jump over the opto beam.

Just to let everyone know, I adjusted my magnet and this was the problem with the shots on sparky not registering. At least I haven't had a single dead shot since adjusting the magnet a few days ago.

#8113 3 years ago

I wonder what the new album sounds like?

#8114 3 years ago

I think they filmed the video like that so nobody can really tell how old they look. Lars is even covering his bald head with a hat. Good song, though. Reminds me of their old stuff. I like it.

#8115 3 years ago

Who is going to the show tomorrow night? I saw Avenged Sevenfold at First Ave last night. That was crazy! I got in line at 11:00am. Doors opened at 7:00pm and they started at 9:00pm. LONG DAY but well worth it. Can't wait to see them again tomorrow WITH Metallica!!!

Met2_(resized).png

Met1_(resized).jpg

#8116 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Musically it sounds great, lyrically not a big fan of how James sings ever since St. Anger. Seems choppy and forced. I can't explain it, early Metallica was ground breaking and Bob Rock changed how James approaches singing and not for the better IMO.

If I am correct James took singing lessons sometime in the 90's and that is what changed his voice. He tries to sing and for the most part was better off just yelling and screaming.

#8117 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Who is going to the show tomorrow night?

Little lady and I will be there.

#8118 3 years ago

That would be a kick ass show!~

#8119 3 years ago

Finally joined the club been a groupie for way to long!

What are the best new mods?? The must haves??

#8120 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Finally joined the club been a groupie for way to long!
What are the best new mods?? The must haves??

Well first there are the essential mods such as Cliffy protectors, plastic protectors, extended Sparky plastic, target splints, etc ... You also want to swap out the plastic diverter post with the metal one ASAP. Some additional mods that I think are absolutely worth it on this game would be a shaker motor, external sub, ColorDMD and the Total Lightshow mod. If you still have any money left after all that, you could add pinbaldes, a custom painted Sparky, lighted speakers, and other cool bling!!!

#8121 3 years ago

Total Lightshow mod is awesome!

#8122 3 years ago

Ramp protectors? For metal ramps? You can spend a fortune on mods. I say the necessary mods are the snake fangs, tongue sticker, colordmd, plastic protectors, and bigger plastic piece in front of sparky. Colordmd is pretty expensive but really looks at home in this pin. It would probably be good to lay down mylar around magets and where ball drops from the ramps. I still need to do this myself. I think a powered external sub might be worth it but have not tried. Game plays better with the sound cranked up so I bet the sub would be perfect for this pin. For the pro adding the total light show mod and spinners are also worth a look.

#8123 3 years ago

Fuck. I'm a big Death Magnetic fan, but not liking this. Something in the guitars has changed. Not sure if its the amps, or production, but Im really missing that hardly-produced-at-all sound of Kill em All. Think Jimmy needs to go back to drinkin. Hoping the rest of album sounds better than this "That Was Just Your Life" rehash. Still a die-hard fan, but the thrash bar has been raised REALLY high since 1986.

#8124 3 years ago

More importantly ; I've noticed my plunger is too far left, causing balls to jump outta the shooter lane sometimes. Is this an easy fix ? Thanks.

#8125 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

More importantly ; I've noticed my plunger is too far left, causing balls to jump outta the shooter lane sometimes. Is this an easy fix ? Thanks.

Loosen the assembly, adjust it to your liking, tighten it back up.

#8126 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Ramp protectors? For metal ramps?

Who suggested ramp protectors?

#8127 3 years ago

Well that sounds pretty doggone easy....thanks Gweem !

#8128 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Who suggested ramp protectors?

Nobody did. Someone suggested Cliffy's. They did not say ramp protectors. Cliffy makes more than ramp protectors. jawjaw started drinkin' already.

#8129 3 years ago

To elaborate on my post up there ; the guitars actually sound very Death Magnetic....which I loved...on that album. Now I want the old ESP to Tube Screamer to Marshall (?) sound back. Hard to explain....maybe it was that Rick Rubin magic...can't put my finger on it.

#8130 3 years ago

Colordmd and shaker add a lot in my opinion. I also love the creeping death mod with pingraffix side blades and the snake fangs and tongue decal. I added an led inside the hammer that flashes with the insert, and it has a nice effect for a $5.00 mod.

#8131 3 years ago

Protection stuff, then a external Sub, then bling. You'll thank me later

#8132 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Nobody did. Someone suggested Cliffy's. They did not say ramp protectors. Cliffy makes more than ramp protectors. jawjaw started drinkin' already.

Lulz. I swore I read ramp protectors in gweempose's post. I was like wut. On the subject of cliffy's protectors, does it make the mystery hole shot more difficult? Thinking about getting one but hate how they make shots difficult in some games like my ST. The mystery hole is larger so maybe not.

#8133 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Thinking about getting one but hate how they make shots difficult in some games like my ST. The mystery hole is larger so maybe not.

I love Cliffy's but not for scoop holes. It changes the way it play IMO.

#8134 3 years ago

The Cliffy does make the Mystery shot slightly more difficult to make, but it's a tradeoff that's well worth it, in my opinion.

#8135 3 years ago

I used the inner hole mantis style protector on mine.

#8136 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you still have any money left after all that, you could add pinbaldes,

Where can I order pinbaldes ?
I'll have Lars sign em'.

#8137 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

To elaborate on my post up there ; the guitars actually sound very Death Magnetic....which I loved...on that album. Now I want the old ESP to Tube Screamer to Marshall (?) sound back. Hard to explain....maybe it was that Rick Rubin magic...can't put my finger on it.

I think Hetfield is playing rhythm even tighter now. He's actually doing something more difficult and making it sound easier -all while singing. The guy is a f'ing monster.

I do miss a little bit of the more harmonious stuff like Escape. Lords Of Summer is a more "singy" (lol) song that they were playing live from like 2014 on. I really like it and hope it makes this album.

#8138 3 years ago

Oops had a hard time posting this pic

#8140 3 years ago

693fc69a75e8812c94251953d95b5a0aa00c3a8d_(resized).png

#8141 3 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I used the inner hole mantis style protector on mine.

Yup, Mantis is the way to go unless you are covering up significant wear around the scoop edges.

#8142 3 years ago

JACK FUCKIN POT ! Finally heard it ! Man when ya get 3 multi-balls stacked plus a couple CIU's going the blood just starts boiling ! Damn I love this machine....this is one crazy-ass game !
CAM01995.jpg
Grrat way to start the day !

#8143 3 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I think Hetfield is playing rhythm even tighter now. He's actually doing something more difficult and making it sound easier -all while singing. The guy is a f'ing monster.

Never would question Jimmys playing. He's one of the most bad-ass rhythm guitarists to ever walk the planet, and my personal favorite. He IS a monster, no doubt. BUT...his guitar tone has changed. I can't tell if its his shitty ESP pick-ups, or a new amp set-up, or lame super compressed production,... but his sound has absolutely changed. It used to be razor sharp,...now it's more "brown" I guess. I dunno. I've only listened to it twice, so I shouldn't pass judgement just yet. I'm not a fair weather fan, not gonna start now. Good news is it's supposed to be a double album, so there's bound to be some greatness on there.
Metal up yer ass !

#8144 3 years ago

What color leds, 6, are you guys using at the top back of the cab above sparky ?

#8145 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What color leds, 6, are you guys using at the top back of the cab above sparky ?

On my pro I had 3 blue on one side and 3 purple on the other. It will also give the ramps a bit of coloring, looks pretty cool. I have yet to change them on my premium.

#8146 3 years ago

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Metallica is streaming live from Minneapolis tonight on Pandora at 9pm CT ....

https://metallica.com/blog/news/428560/live-from-minneapolis

#8147 3 years ago

Actually starting to like this new track.
So much hate on it, shoves me right the other way. Fck a whole lotta group-think.

#8148 3 years ago

Live stream is awesome! Im jealous of all you Minneapolis folk who could have seen this show. First time they played Hard Wired live and it sounded great. Cant wait for the new album, Metallica is still kicking ASS!!!

#8149 3 years ago

Guys,

I'm looking into buying either the pro or premium. Just want to make sure.. Does the pro have the captive ball on the hammer like the pro does? I just saw some pictures of this and wanted to make sure. I know before the premium used to have a metal plate instead of a captive ball....thanks

#8150 3 years ago

Meant to say, does the PREMIUM, have the captive ball....sorry for the typo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 16888 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside