IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 433.
#8051 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Good to know , but it sure is fun wingin' that ball around .

I have to disagree. Disabling it makes stringing combos together not feel as satisfying. Replacing the plastic post with a metal one has eliminated annoying rebounds too.

#8052 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Replacing the plastic post with a metal one has eliminated annoying rebounds too.

Swapping out that post is an absolute must. With the metal post, the ball is stopped 95% of the time. With the plastic post, it is rejected 95% of the time.

#8053 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Swapping out that post is an absolute must. With the metal post, the ball is stopped 95% of the time. With the plastic post, it is rejected 95% of the time.

Absolutely. I cannot believe they chose such a small thing to cut costs on when it affects gameplay and flow so drastically.

#8054 7 years ago

I'd like to see the post down just for the initial ball launch making the skill shot more challenging . Light plunge to hit the pop bumper area skill shot and a harder plunge or a miss plunge forces superskill shot. I know you can hold the flipper button down for the superskill shot but the basic skill shot is too easy you get it 100% of the time this would eliminate that. It would also be nice if once you plunge the lane selected is not changeable for the skill shot .

#8055 7 years ago

WOOOOOOO!!!

IMG_4627_(resized).JPGIMG_4627_(resized).JPG

#8056 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I'd like to see the post down just for the initial ball launch making the skill shot more challenging . Light plunge to hit the pop bumper area skill shot and a harder plunge or a miss plunge forces superskill shot. I know you can hold the flipper button down for the superskill shot but the basic skill shot is too easy you get it 100% of the time this would eliminate that. It would also be nice if once you plunge the lane selected is not changeable for the skill shot .

From the Metallica rules wiki, if you hold down the flipper to drop the post, the top left lane is worth 2x and the top right lane is worth 4x.

#8057 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

From the Metallica rules wiki, if you hold down the flipper to drop the post, the top left lane is worth 2x and the top right lane is worth 4x.

I didn't know this, but that's some great coding.

#8058 7 years ago

Looks like someone is gonna be up late tonight and maybe late for work tomorrow.

#8059 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

late for work tomorrow

Work? More like a sick day coming. Those summer colds suck!

#8060 7 years ago

Sumbitch. Mid game something is triggering a drain, lights out, then game comes back. Occasionally followed by 2 balls launched into shooter lane.
Any help appreciated.

#8061 7 years ago

Sounds like trough switches. They cause a lot of issues like that. Check for loose connections.

#8062 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

#8063 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sumbitch. Mid game something is triggering a drain, lights out, then game comes back. Occasionally followed by 2 balls launched into shooter lane.
Any help appreciated.

Check the ball trough. I had this happen, and received advice to check that, which I did. I didn't see anything obvious, but reseated the connectors and all was good for about a year. Just started to happen again.

#8064 7 years ago

Thank you guys. Reseated everything, was fine till ball 3 of course. I forgot...when ball 3 drains it can never find it..just keeps searchin like Cheech and Chong.

#8065 7 years ago

Will re- re- seat everything.

#8066 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thank you guys. Reseated everything, was fine till ball 3 of course. I forgot...when ball 3 drains it can never find it..just keeps searchin like Cheech and Chong.

Take a look at the balls in the trough, do they roll all the way down and stay down. Or do they roll backwards a bit after going in the trough. I had to adjust the switch arms on my SMVE as they were too high and eventhough all 4 balls were in trough it didnt recognize consistently. Caused phantom auto shooter fires and phantom dead flippers like end of ball.

#8067 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I work from home tomorrow.

#8068 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I work from home tomorrow.

Sounds like no work will be happening LOL...Im jealous...This game rocks!

#8069 7 years ago

Twice last night while in mid-play my machine ended the ball as if I had drained. Has this happened to anyone?

#8070 7 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Twice last night while in mid-play my machine ended the ball as if I had drained. Has this happened to anyone?

Did you check the ball trow in test and make sure all the switches are functioning correctly reliably?

#8071 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Will re- re- seat everything.

Try checking the switches in the switch test. Also make sure optos are not coming loose.

#8072 7 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

This happens on all Stern games. Usually a 30 second fix. Just open the coin door, reach inside and push on the small connectors on the front and rear of the ball trough. You will usually feel that one or both were not fully pushed on. They back off over time from the vibrations.

#8073 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I'll give the trough a once over tonight.

#8074 7 years ago

Last night I only re-seated the front plug. Today lifted pf and did the other one and voila ! Back to awesome. Feel like a total noob, my 1st Stern, but that's ok. Noob droppin that hammer.
Thank yous guys for the help !

#8075 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Last night I only re-seated the front plug. Today lifted pf and did the other one and voila ! Back to awesome. Feel like a total noob, my 1st Stern, but that's ok. Noob droppin that hammer.
Thank yous guys for the help !

On my POTC, I put a drop of hot glue on each connector and plugged it in quick. It dried and held them together tight. If I ever need to disconnect, the hot glue peels right off.

#8076 7 years ago

I would jump off my house and end it before I ever get hot glue anywhere around my MET.

#8077 7 years ago

Lol, it's just a drop on the plastic plug-connector

#8078 7 years ago

Stern uses it in the back box to hold things together too.

#8079 7 years ago

Well that's why their name is Stern, and mine's J.

#8080 7 years ago

Who's got the best price for a NIB monster premium?

#8081 7 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Who's got the best price for a NIB monster premium?

I can't confirm this for sure, but I've heard that Stern has been cracking down on their distributors and forcing them to adhere to strict minimum pricing. If this is true, you may not find much of a difference in price from the various distributors.

#8082 7 years ago

Has anyone else here had trouble with sparky not registering hits every time? I just replaced the optos and still didn't get a fix! Kinda furious. Anyone? Ideas?

#8083 7 years ago

I'm having an odd issue... after a ball drains, the front grave marker drop target pops up and down a few times and then normally just stays down. Even if I didn't hit it previously. Sometimes it will stay up and the 2nd drop target will drop to start the next ball. Any idea what I should check first?

#8084 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I'm having an odd issue... after a ball drains, the front grave marker drop target pops up and down a few times and then normally just stays down. Even if I didn't hit it previously. Sometimes it will stay up and the 2nd drop target will drop to start the next ball. Any idea what I should check first?

Need to add washers behind the targets to push the lip forward. This is a common issue in many stern games.

There is a slightly elongated edge on the front of each drop that catches a lip and sometimes they aren't forward enough to negate the action of the spring.

With met though, you need to remove the assembly as all three targets share the same rod mechanism.

It's not difficult, but it can be frustrating if you aren't patient.

#8085 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This happens on all Stern games. Usually a 30 second fix. Just open the coin door, reach inside and push on the small connectors on the front and rear of the ball trough. You will usually feel that one or both were not fully pushed on. They back off over time from the vibrations.

Bingo! Two loose connectors - front and back. Problem solved. Many thanks!

#8086 7 years ago
Quoted from Gate-keeper:

Has anyone else here had trouble with sparky not registering hits every time? I just replaced the optos and still didn't get a fix! Kinda furious. Anyone? Ideas?

Is your magnet level? This was happening on mine a bit and I found my magnet was ever so slightly too high. It would cause the ball to jump over the opto beam.

#8087 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is your magnet level? This was happening on mine a bit and I found my magnet was ever so slightly too high. It would cause the ball to jump over the opto beam.

Yep my magnet makes the ball jump for sure. I wonder if this could be the issue. Is it easy to adjust?

#8088 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Need to add washers behind the targets to push the lip forward. This is a common issue in many stern games.
There is a slightly elongated edge on the front of each drop that catches a lip and sometimes they aren't forward enough to negate the action of the spring.
With met though, you need to remove the assembly as all three targets share the same rod mechanism.
It's not difficult, but it can be frustrating if you aren't patient.

Thanks for the advice! I can get pretty frustrated, so this will be fun.

#8089 7 years ago

Yes. Easy adjustment. Lift play field and take one nut off, think I used a 1 1/16 th socket, then a flat screwdriver to adjust the magnet core. It's basically a threaded bolt. Turn counter clockwise to lower then put back the other nut and tighten.

#8090 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

2 are #44 (bayonet) and the others #555 (wedge). Factory uses 2smd bulbs. I bought mine from comet to do the same. Yellow ended up looking very similar to orange, though.

The pinball life orange one I ordered looks very similar to red, maybe a combination of comet and PL would work.

#8091 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

all three targets share the same rod mechanism

Sounds like my Friday night!

#8092 7 years ago

Finally a member of the club. Drove 8 hours for my METLE 303....but it was worth it. I love the theme and the pin rocks too! Will be looking to upgrade the topper, backbox and speaker lights. Everything else is just kick @ss on this machine.

#8093 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Sounds like my Friday night!

rimshot_(resized).jpgrimshot_(resized).jpg

#8094 7 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I have supplies coming this week to make 5 more LED Insert Mods, so please PM me if you would like to get one of the five. Only $35!

Thanks!
MET_Insert_Factory_Lights_Before_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_Factory_Lights_Before_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_LED_Mod_After_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_LED_Mod_After_(resized).jpg

#8095 7 years ago

I'm not a Metallica owner just yet, hope to be in a not too distant future, after I figure out if I want to Premium or Pro...and make space, but I'd like to throw out a question I don't recall ever seeing a comment on: what is the function of the color changing insert leds in the Premium and LE models ? Does the color affect gameplay?

#8096 7 years ago

I have three spots left for my MET LED Insert Mod, PM me if you would like to get one of the three. Only $35!MET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpg

#8097 7 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I'm not a Metallica owner just yet, hope to be in a not too distant future, after I figure out if I want to Premium or Pro...and make space, but I'd like to throw out a question I don't recall ever seeing a comment on: what is the function of the color changing insert leds in the Premium and LE models ? Does the color affect gameplay?

They do make a big difference. For instance, when the piston shot is ready for 2x on the premium/le, it lights purple. On the pro it's just the same white that you always see, leaving the question is it really time for 2x or not?

During Fade to Black, when you finish the mode and move on to the victory lap phase, the GI is mostly off and the inserts are a deep blue. Just awesome looking. You don't get the same effect on the pro.

Even better than the inserts is the tri-color GI, allowing red and blue shades of GI at the appropriate times.

#8098 7 years ago

I have a MET Pro and find that the ball eject from the snake is inconsistent. Sometimes it perfectly fires into the middle of the left flipper, but sometime it fires a bit left and misses the flipper hitting the top of the sling. I've noticed that some misfires seem to ever so slightly graze the stand-up target left of right ramp, but then some don't!

I have tried to adjust the stand-up target as far right as possible, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Is there a way to adjust the positioning of the snake so I can point it a smidgen to the left? Or is there a way to adjust the mechanism and possibly bend it a little so it fires a little more to the left?

THANKS!

#8099 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have a MET Pro and find that the ball eject from the snake is inconsistent. Sometimes it perfectly fires into the middle of the left flipper, but sometime it fires a bit left and misses the flipper hitting the top of the sling. I've noticed that some misfires seem to ever so slightly graze the stand-up target left of right ramp, but then some don't!
I have tried to adjust the stand-up target as far right as possible, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.
Is there a way to adjust the positioning of the snake so I can point it a smidgen to the left? Or is there a way to adjust the mechanism and possibly bend it a little so it fires a little more to the left?
THANKS!

Before you try moving things...have you changed the coil power for that coil? In the menu, each feature coil setting can be changed, maybe that would send it to the desired spot on the left flipper.

#8100 7 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

There is a awesome kit for the pro to make the gi like the le but with even more light show features and with the 1700 u save u can get it and color dmd , powder coat, subwoofer, topper ,pdi glass, spinners and probably a few other nice upgrades. The rgb inserts are nice but not a must imo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/162 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.