C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 434.
#7951 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Why wld anyone need a extra sparky?

Owners will be answering their own question in less than 10 years, when one cannot be found.
It will cost $500+, based on Stern greed, if it is even still available.
"Dirty Donny" painted and signed versions will be even more ridiculously insane and much higher than the advertised current $600 price tag. My guess is somewhere between $800-1000.
If someone attempts an improved reproduction Sparky, Stern will go completely bat$#!@ crazy with "cease and desist" letters.

Of course that means that a person must still OWN the machine, which with constant current turnover who knows.
The part will still be needed, however, from whomever that person may be.
Yes, you can glue the feet.
But how many times?
The answer has already been tested by operators.
ONCE, before they look like $#!@.

This part is no different than that of plastic ramps for other titles, as it is a key feature of the game.
Back in 2013, you could get Sparky for less than $50.
Stern decided to "raise the bar" just a little bit...
It is a $25 bobble head with a 10X price tag.

If people have not seen what has not happened with "parts wars" in the past, get ready.
It has already started, mostly due to Stern siphoning of spare NOS parts and eventually will be gone completely to ensure that old titles are obsolete. In the case of MET, it may take a while, as it remains very popular, meaning continued production, and continued parts for the time being.

Other games?
Not so much.
How many people here can find spare NOS ramps and parts now for RCT or WPT?
History has a tendency to repeat itself in this industry.

20160728_013132_(resized).jpg20160728_013132_(resized).jpg

#7952 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

is that a good price?

It's lower than what I've seen previously ($250)

#7953 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Why wld anyone need a extra sparky?

The chance you break his foot off (not common) or if you wanted to customize it & put it in your game .

#7954 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Just remember swapping all of the rubber out makes very bouncy and you risk breaking your plastics as the ball is so much faster.

Titan rings do not really make that significant of a change to be breaking plastics. The speed difference really isn't that noticeable.

#7955 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Titan rings do not really make that significant of a change to be breaking plastics. The speed difference really isn't that noticeable.

I would agree. I've done complete Titan swaps on TSPP, TWD and XMLE, and the games play pretty similar to how they did with the stock factory rubber. It's perhaps a little more bouncy, but certainly nothing drastic.

#7956 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well that figures. My Titan clears 2" set just arrived. Couple months ya say ?

I hade the 2" clear titan's on mine and they lasted over 6 months till they split at the post. Replaced with 2 1/2 inch and all is fine.
Put the 2's on till you get the others.

#7957 7 years ago

I'd still love to see some photos of different colored Titans on the game. I suppose I could go with translucent for the whole shebang, but I'm thinking that the colorful art on the game offers some interesting opportunities to get creative.

#7958 7 years ago

Me, too. I'm not a fan of the translucent Titan rings, though. I tried them on another game and did not like them. They are more like milky white, than clear, and look like caulk out of a tube to be honest. Colors are much more fitting but don't like rubbers to stand out. I plan on fitting Titans to my game but having to much fun plating it right now.

#7959 7 years ago

With the variable GI colors on many of the recent (MET or so onwards) Sterns, I've opted for translucent rings throughout most of my newer games. I like that they are neutral and take on the changing colors emitted in the various modes per the newer deeper codes.

That said though, I agree that there are a lot of ring color options that will look good on MET due to its multi-colored artwork.

#7960 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

This is off the Titan site
(I use 2.5 on the slings)

btw, whoever created that got two of the rubber rings incorrect. the ones that I've highlighted in green (see below) should actually be 5/16" ID rings, not 7/16" OD

the 7/17" OD will fit, however it's an extremely tight fit over the lower, larger section of the lane guide
MET_playfield_(rubber_chart)_(resized).jpgMET_playfield_(rubber_chart)_(resized).jpg

#7961 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

btw, whoever created that got two of the rubber rings incorrect. the ones that I've highlighted in green (see below) should actually be 5/16" ID rings, not 7/16" OD

Thanks for pointing that out before I placed my Titan order.

#7962 7 years ago

you could always just purchase the kit that I created on titan (clear silicon w/ black flipper rubbers). I've also got one on there with all black silicon

#7963 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the 7/17" OD will fit, however it's an extremely tight fit over the lower, larger section of the lane guide

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7964 7 years ago

#7965 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

When his foot breaks off

Really? Never seen that? But your right anything can break in pinball. Ill take my chances i guess bc thats alot of money for a plastic figure. Id buy one for 50-100

#7966 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? Never seen that? But your right anything can break in pinball. Ill take my chances i guess bc thats alot of money for a plastic figure. Id buy one for 50-100

I agree, a bit too much

#7967 7 years ago

$200 is crazy. Of course, I just might be crazy enough to take the bait ....

#7968 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Good to know. Does anyone have a complete list of all the rubbers in the game? I thought I read that the manual is wrong.

I put this together - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-improved-stern-metallica-pro-rubber-chart

Since I've seen a reference that the rubber on the rollover lanes are actually two different sizes (top vs bottom) but I've not compared that. The set I used has been doing fine

#7969 7 years ago

I know... Tough isn't it?

The rubbers fit and I have photos of my color choices (not stellar - but fine) in the thread on my chart

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-improved-stern-metallica-pro-rubber-chart

#7970 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The rubbers fit and I have photos of my color choices (not stellar - but fine) in the thread on my chart ...

Where are these photos that you speak of? I'd love to see what that color combination looks like.

#7971 7 years ago

having an issue with my Met not awarding a reply when you get the needed score, seems like im always in a multiball when i go over the replay score so not sure if that is playing a part in it. no knocker and replay score doesn't advance

i have not tried the code update yet to see if it helps but it was doing this before then started awarding them again out of the blue now back to not

#7972 7 years ago

IMG20160730143853_(resized).jpgIMG20160730143853_(resized).jpg

IMG20160729000151_(resized).jpgIMG20160729000151_(resized).jpg

IMG20160729000128_(resized).jpgIMG20160729000128_(resized).jpg

IMG20160728235934_(resized).jpgIMG20160728235934_(resized).jpg

IMG20160728233300_(resized).jpgIMG20160728233300_(resized).jpg

#7973 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

Where did u get that apron timebandit

#7974 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Where did u get that apron timebandit

Made it.
Coming soon to redshiftLED. These are pretty darn nice in the flesh, but this version is NOT rated for playfield lift. There will be a premium, built-like-a-tank version, that will be more expensive and available in fewer colours, but totally capable of replacing factory aprons in terms of strength when used as a playfield lifting handle.

#7975 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

having an issue with my Met not awarding a reply when you get the needed score, seems like im always in a multiball when i go over the replay score so not sure if that is playing a part in it. no knocker and replay score doesn't advance
i have not tried the code update yet to see if it helps but it was doing this before then started awarding them again out of the blue now back to not

Standard Adjustment #11 is the replay boost, in which the default is "boost = yes." Is it possible when you reach the replay level, you have not realized the next time it is higher?

#7976 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Made it.
Coming soon to redshiftLED. These are pretty darn nice in the flesh, but this version is NOT rated for playfield lift. There will be a premium, built-like-a-tank version, that will be more expensive and available in fewer colours, but totally capable of replacing factory aprons in terms of strength when used as a playfield lifting handle.

Ive never fully trusted my met pro stock plastic apron for playfield lifting. So i reach back under and lift on the top of the ball trough metal to get the playfield started untill i can get my other hand under .

#7977 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ive never fully trusted my met pro stock plastic apron for playfield lifting. So i reach back under and lift on the top of the ball trough metal to get the playfield started untill i can get my other hand under .

I'm a through-the-coin-door and lift the pegs or rails type of guy myself.

#7978 7 years ago

Apron looks sick! Any pricing info? I've always used the apron to lift the playfield. It doesn't exactly feel solid but works okay.

#7979 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Made it.

Put me on the list ill buy two

#7980 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Standard Adjustment #11 is the replay boost, in which the default is "boost = yes." Is it possible when you reach the replay level, you have not realized the next time it is higher?

still have all the adjustments at default, replay is actually slowly getting lower because it hasn't been awarding so its like it hasn't been achieved according to the system. some kind of glitch im guessing, going to be doing the code update soon anyway so will see if that corrects the problem

#7981 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

still have all the adjustments at default, replay is actually slowly getting lower because it hasn't been awarding so its like it hasn't been achieved according to the system. some kind of glitch im guessing, going to be doing the code update soon anyway so will see if that corrects the problem

Weird.

#7982 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

Bandit this is awesome!

Suggestion:

On each side have 3 (red white blue) gi leds mounted so they light up the playfield. They can be tied into the respective TLS wire strands.

#7983 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Made it.

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Made it.

This is gonna be a VERY popular item.....especially if you have colors available. IF the price is right that is. If you made them for different year games too, I'd LOVE one for my BOP.

#7984 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

especially if you have colors available

Like this?

IMG20160730221214_(resized).jpgIMG20160730221214_(resized).jpg

#7986 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Like, under $75?

Nothing in pinball is under $75.

#7987 7 years ago

Interest piqued. Would love to see pics of these in different colors installed in a machine.

#7988 7 years ago

I would like a clear Red for MET!!! Please send info to my pm! Thanks.

#7989 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would like a clear Red for MET!!! Please send info to my pm! Thanks

Would really go well in TWD also... nice work.

#7991 7 years ago

Aren't the premium aprons different, reset under the score cards?

#7993 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would like a clear Red for MET!!! Please send info to my pm! Thanks.

I'm thinking blue for MET or purple for pinball refinery ones

#7994 7 years ago

My son playing his first pinball game, just look at that concentration. LOL he can barely reach the flippers.

20160703_155351_(resized).jpg20160703_155351_(resized).jpg

#7995 7 years ago

The LED bulbs in Metallica are absolutely stunning. I've purchased some other LED from other companies and they just don't seem to be as bright. Where can I find the ones used in Metallica?

#7996 7 years ago
Quoted from SomeCaliGuy:

The LED bulbs in Metallica are absolutely stunning. I've purchased some other LED from other companies and they just don't seem to be as bright. Where can I find the ones used in Metallica?

Comet and Cointaker both sell the exact same LEDS that Stern uses. They are the clear dome twin 2835 SMDs...

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ct-ft.htm

#7997 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

PREM / LE owners- any issue with coffin magnet trough in which the ball gets frequently jammed?
I know a thread exists for this issue just wondering how much of a problem it is or not.
I keep thinking its a leveling issue. Strange.

I was having the same issue. Check this out

#7998 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Comet and Cointaker both sell the exact same LEDS that Stern uses. They are the clear dome twin 2835 SMDs...
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ct-ft.htm

Yup, I've swapped out bulbs with 2 smd bulbs from comet on both met and st. Same brightness although some colors are not as bright by default like blue. Frosted also are not as bright naturally.

#7999 7 years ago

Has anyone with a premium/LE ever messed with the larger LED boards that light up three inserts? I know these also control all of the insert lighting as well. I am trying to change the color of the "Electrocution switch" inserts to blue. Three of the five of them are attached to the main boards, which light up 2 other inserts. I am going to see if I can solder in wires to power up a separate blue led board, just wanted to see if anyone else has attempted this.

#8000 7 years ago

This may just be my imagination, but I feel like the first time I shoot the left ramp each game on my MET pro, it doesn't register the hit. After that, it works perfectly for the rest of the game. Is this possibly some kind of software glitch? If my game is the only one doing this, then I obviously need to take a closer look at that switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 149.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/160 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.