C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 434.
#751 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

i got offered a HUO Perfect TSPP
D'ont know what to do...

Take it, play it, sell it later if you want something else more. A perfect TSPP will always move.

#752 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Take it, play it, sell it later if you want something else more. A perfect TSPP will always move.

The thing is it's a Pain in the A to get the Pin on the second floor of my house,i know ACDC and MetallicA
aint going nowhere,i will give me the end of the week to think this over.

I play SM on my Mame Aracde,i know it aint the same but gives me idea of the music sound and gameplay a little
and i like it a lot...i have try to install TSPP but i c'ant and d'ont know why Grrrr

#753 9 years ago

I recently got my first NIB last week - and of course it was a Metallica. Got it from the amazing team at the Pinball Refinery and I like to dub it the Metallica Extr-emium edition. Modded so hard that it holds its own and thensome next to Tron. These two may be one of the best machine duos in pinball.

Anyways - I had a few questions that I've always wondered. First, I have a very good understanding of the rules thanks to the Bowen video tutorial, but does anyone know what the 3 circular lights under the spider represent or fully mean at the fuel/piston shot?

Second, I'd played an LE and pro on location a lot prior to getting one but just like usual, you can't really appreciate the lights show of a game until you have it at home and can turn the lights off. I knew the color controlled lighting in Metallica was supposed to be a nice addition to the Pre/LE, but didn't expect it to be THIS good. So my question is that I always hear that Fade to Black CIU has some effects with lighting, but I'm not noticing anything different. Perhaps it's because the standard CIU mode for me usually lasts 10 seconds, but not sure if I'm missing something or what I should expect? Any insight?

#754 9 years ago

Get 3 lights lit, shoot that target and you blow an engine. So many blown engines (10?) gives an extra ball. I'm not sure what else besides points. It's not a shot I ever go for unless it's to add 2x multiplier during multiball.

Rob

#755 9 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

So my question is that I always hear that Fade to Black CIU has some effects with lighting, but I'm not noticing anything different. Perhaps it's because the standard CIU mode for me usually lasts 10 seconds, but not sure if I'm missing something or what I should expect? Any insight?

The lights fade, but it's super slow, so if you're draining in the beginning you probably won't see it.

#756 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Just played fade to black for like 3-4 minutes. Went really dark and it was amazing. Ended up with a 107 mil jackpot and 167 FTB total.

#757 9 years ago

Holy crap. Normally I drain within 5 shots on For Whom The Bell Tolls, but not this time. I hit every shot and then cashed it. Did NOT have 2X scoring lit but could you imagine? 201 Million!

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

That extra ball is gonna be tough now though...

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

#758 9 years ago

Funny Metallica story:

We've been playing the game with the diverter disabled and not disabled to figure out which way we like better. Well, today my six year old was going on and on about how much he disliked the diverter being turned on. When I asked him why he said, "Because I can't hit Mystery when the diverter is on." I was completely confused and figured he was just making something up. I had him show me what he meant tonight with the diverter disabled. Sure enough, he plunges it, ball goes around the orbit, dead bounces off left flipper, dead bounces off right flipper and then right into the Mystery hole! He's like "See!" And it's true: on my machine it does this every time.

Talk about an extra crutch to help hitting that shot when CIU is lit!

#759 9 years ago

wow. they have one ugly crowd at the concert in that translight . So much going on , and which one is sparky. the one with the eyes popping out or the guy to the right with the Stern logo at his mouth ?

#760 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Funny Metallica story:
We've been playing the game with the diverter disabled and not disabled to figure out which way we like better. Well, today my six year old was going on and on about how much he disliked the diverter being turned on. When I asked him why he said, "Because I can't hit Mystery when the diverter is on." I was completely confused and figured he was just making something up. I had him show me what he meant tonight with the diverter disabled. Sure enough, he plunges it, ball goes around the orbit, dead bounces off left flipper, dead bounces off right flipper and then right into the Mystery hole! He's like "See!" And it's true: on my machine it does this every time.
Talk about an extra crutch to help hitting that shot when CIU is lit!

How young is too young to start talking to your kids about super skill shots? Tell him if he holds down the left flipper before plunging and lets it go when the ball is on its way around, he'll get more points.

#761 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

How young is too young to start talking to your kids about super skill shots? Tell him if he holds down the left flipper before plunging and lets it go when the ball is on its way around, he'll get more points.

He knows this, but prefers to skip the extra step and just have the ball go directly into Mystery, regardless of whether it's lit or not. The game for him right now consists of picking his favorite song (which is sadly "Fuel") and banging away on Sparky until he gets electrocuted, repeat. But I guess that's somewhat true for all of us.

#763 9 years ago

3 METLE/MOPLE questions
Does the LE come with a shaker from the factory?
Does the LE come with lighted back box speakers?
Does the LE have extra layers of clear on the playfield?

#764 9 years ago

No
No
Don't think so (I can't tell by looking)

#765 9 years ago

No idea about the clear. People always say the LEs do, but I'm not sure there's evidence for it. Happy to be proven wrong, I have an LE, but I dunno that it's more than wishful thinking. Unless maybe the extra layer comes from sealing in the signature?

#766 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Unless maybe the extra layer comes from sealing in the signature?

This may be exactly what it is, I know my STLE appeared to have thicker clear than the pro at my local arcade.

#769 9 years ago

You do realize that by begging for people to vote for Metallica, they may be voting for TAF, just for the fun of it, right?

#771 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I think ACDC is done Rob.
Love them both and here to stay... but d'ont know why but the Fun factor is a litlle bit higher on Met .

ACDC is not done

#772 9 years ago

Ya ya when Lyman will have time he has got 3 pages of stuff he would like to do bla bla bli bla blou !

Hope your right and see it someday soon but anyway's AcDc aint leaving anytime soon .

#773 9 years ago

There may be future updates but acdc code is fantastic and the game is definitely not incomplete. Whether or not the designer added some inserts to the play field that the code team use or not isn't relevant. The acdc code is some of the best code ever written for a pinball machine in my opinion (along with metallica). I consider the code done. Future updates are just a bonus. I believe anyone that feels acdc "needs" a code update falls into the impossible-to-please category.

#774 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There may be future updates but acdc code is fantastic and the game is definitely not incomplete. Whether or not the designer added some inserts to the play field that the code team use or not isn't relevant. The acdc code is some of the best code ever written for a pinball machine in my opinion (along with Metallica). I consider the code done. Future updates are just a bonus. I believe anyone that feels acdc "needs" a code update falls into the impossible-to-please category.

+1

This is what i think also,i wish sometimes that my English would be better. I understand and read really good but write is a bit hard,that's why i sometimes say +1

#775 9 years ago

Coffin multi-ball should be a Death Magnetic song to stick with the theme. I'd like to see them add that in a future update.
Such as:
>All Nightmare Long
>The Day that Never Comes

etc...

#776 9 years ago

Hello ! I am new here i have Metallica premium and love this game.

#777 9 years ago

I just scored a METLE from a friend of mine and was wondering if anyone has done FF speakers on their MET? I have a 10" FF kit that I bought for IM but never installed it.. Does anyone know if that kit will fit on my METLE?

#778 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just scored a METLE from a friend of mine

Hope you're enjoying and not thinking I led you astray!

#779 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballlover50:

Hello ! I am new here i have Metallica premium and love this game.

Welcome. Where are you from and how many games do you have?

#780 9 years ago

code 1.6 just made this machine fantastic, and a full Cointaker LED conversion is a must!

#781 9 years ago

I just scored a METLE from a friend of mine and was wondering if anyone has done FF speakers on their MET? I have a 10" FF kit that I bought for IM but never installed it.. Does anyone know if that kit will fit on my METLE?

Yes it will.

#782 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hope you're enjoying and not thinking I led you astray!

Aurich I'm loving it!
Here is a blow by blow of my METLE adventure... I decide to make it a family affair we left Friday night and stayed the night in Coos Bay then we headed to the Bandon Game park cpic (my daughter and her best buddy petting a 6 week old tiger cub) then we swung into the prehistoric gardens where my wife and nearly got eaten by a T-REX after that we went thru the redwoods (damn nearly got my truck wedged inside this tree) after the Redwoods we shot down to see my buddy Kevin in McKinleyville... Loaded up the METLE and beat feet home we got in last night about midnight. The family and i had a blast and I found a piece of treasure at the end of the journey
image-730.jpgimage-730.jpg image-887.jpgimage-887.jpgimage-638.jpgimage-638.jpg image-721.jpgimage-721.jpgimage-785.jpgimage-785.jpg image-61.jpgimage-61.jpg image-865.jpgimage-865.jpg

#783 9 years ago

Aurich I'm loving it!
Here is a blow by blow of my METLE adventure... I decide to make it a family affair we left Friday night and stayed the night in Coos Bay then we headed to the Bandon Game park cpic (my daughter and her best buddy petting a 6 week old tiger cub) then we swung into the prehistoric gardens where my wife and nearly got eaten by a T-REX after that we went thru the redwoods (damn nearly got my truck wedged inside this tree) after the Redwoods we shot down to see my buddy Kevin in McKinleyville... Loaded up the METLE and beat feet home we got in last night about midnight. The family and i had a blast and I found a piece of treasure at the end of the journey

image-730.jpg 91 KB

image-638.jpg 85 KB

image-887.jpg 74 KB

image-785.jpg 61 KB

image-721.jpg 68 KB

image-865.jpg 48 KB

image-61.jpg 45 KB

Now THAT'S the way to do a road trip. Enjoy the new game.

#784 9 years ago

Just got my pro this week and had to go somewhere to brag about this score

Had Seek n Destroy 1 shot away, started sparky MB then SND. Primed coffin during sparky, and started coffin right after sparky fell, and then had grave mb right after that! All with SND running. No idea SND could get that high!

score.jpgscore.jpg
snd.jpgsnd.jpg

#785 9 years ago
Quoted from johnnyfive:

Just got my pro this week and had to go somewhere to brag about this score
Had Seek n Destroy 1 shot away, started sparky MB then SND. Primed coffin during sparky, and started coffin right after sparky fell, and then had grave mb right after that! All with SND running. No idea SND could get that high!

score.jpg 60 KB

snd.jpg 51 KB

That is a huge SND score!

#786 9 years ago

Are you guys using magnet protectors? I installed a cliffy stainless magnet protector on the sparky magnet and I have one for the hammer and cross but they seem to take way less abuse so I haven't installed them yet.

#787 9 years ago

I've got mylar circles on mine. I have the stainless Cliffys but haven't installed them as people keep saying there are issues with them curling up and messing with the playfield artwork.

#788 9 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

I've got mylar circles on mine. I have the stainless Cliffys but haven't installed them as people keep saying there are issues with them curling up and messing with the playfield artwork.

I had never heard this, can anyone confirm that this is an issue with the Cliffy stainless magnet protectors?

#790 9 years ago

I have Mylar down. Works fine.

#791 9 years ago

For those that have an issue with magnetized balls, what did you replace them with? They're starting to cause issues when in the shooter lane.

#792 9 years ago

Finally got things going tonight.. Love this game! 300m ball 1. Finished game starting blackened and draining before I could even take a shot.

image-984.jpgimage-984.jpg

#793 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

For those that have an issue with magnetized balls, what did you replace them with? They're starting to cause issues when in the shooter lane.

You want carbon core balls, they're magnet safe. The Pinball Life ultra gloss are perfect for that.

#794 9 years ago

Finally got to Blackened last night, although it was kind of hard to tell what was going on with other Jive going.
Got thru 2 CIU and had the 3rd lit but just couldn't sink the shot.

#795 9 years ago

Jesus christ, never seen a S&D over 40 million or so. I got a 181 million For Whom the Bell Tolls on a 430 million game yesterday and was feeling like hot sh.....now I just feel like a douche. Thanks a lot!

#796 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Jesus christ, never seen a S&D over 40 million or so.

YEah I think my biggest has only been mid 30s. As with some other things...I was still a little confused as to what was happening.

#797 9 years ago

Just had a phenomenal game!!! “Got Blackened mode twice, Seek n Destroy mode twice, completed two Crank It Up modes, along with several multi-balls. I had never ever came close to this score before, it was crazy!”

IMG_1235.JPGIMG_1235.JPG
#798 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Just had a phenomenal game!!! “Got Blackened mode twice, Seek n Destroy mode twice, completed two Crank It Up modes, along with several multi-balls. I had never ever came close to this score before, it was crazy!”

IMG_1235.JPG 207 KB

Damn, I bet on Player 1 and the points.

(nice score!)

#799 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Time to open those outlanes up.

#800 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There may be future updates but acdc code is fantastic and the game is definitely not incomplete. Whether or not the designer added some inserts to the play field that the code team use or not isn't relevant. The acdc code is some of the best code ever written for a pinball machine in my opinion (along with Metallica). I consider the code done. Future updates are just a bonus. I believe anyone that feels acdc "needs" a code update falls into the impossible-to-please category.

I never said it wasn't great. He stated ACDC is "done" and I simply stated no it's not. I already feel ACDC is the best game I've ever played and can't wait to see what Lyman comes up with to polish it off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.95
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.