Topic Stats

• 17,193 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by monkeyboypaul
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,944 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17193 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 344.
#7901 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Thanks for the offer bigd! I might have to take you up on that sometime.
Are external subs tough to hook up to the machine?
I'm really asking about the audio because I'm coming from a KISS machine on the Spike system and the stock sound system was a major plus.

We should plan a day and go visit him.....I need to play Congo someday since I've never had the chance. That and TWD. You aren't too far away from me either.....near alpha ridge park maybe?!

#7902 3 years ago

+1 for the PinSub kit. Better, cleaner sound, IMO. Also, I did upgrade my backbox speakers to some $20 good coax ones with the proper impedance. It actually sounds better than the stock backbox speakers, not a HUGE difference, but it helped.

#7903 3 years ago

Ok guys...my led in my left spotlight keeps coming out mid-game. Can I put a small amount of glue on side of led to prevent this ? If not, how do I fix ? Like the 4th time its happened. Not a big deal ; just annoying.

#7904 3 years ago

Well look what the cat dra....er....the snake puked up. Morning, Dick.

#7905 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ok guys...my led in my left spotlight keeps coming out mid-game. Can I put a small amount of glue on side of led to prevent this ? If not, how do I fix ? Like the 4th time its happened. Not a big deal ; just annoying.

Bend the two wires out and put a small cut down piece of electrical tape around the base. Bend wires back and reinstall.

#7906 3 years ago

Thanks Dug !

#7907 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Bend the two wires out and put a small cut down piece of electrical tape around the base. Bend wires back and reinstall.

This is my preferred solutions as well.

Some people put a dab of hot glue on the front edge of the bulb/reflector to hold it. Easy enough to crack off if the bulb dies, but should hold it for vibration.

#7908 3 years ago

My spots don't pop out any more since I removed the bulb caps from the bulbs. It seems they have a harder time coming loose if they're flat. Hope you choke on a CIU today, Gryszzz. Cheers, brother!

#7909 3 years ago

I eat downvotes for breakfast. Got any more coffee with the next one pal ?

#7910 3 years ago

Guys do you really have to argue on this forum? Wouldn't it be easier to just roll over and say it to his face?

#7911 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also i have some extra subwoofers and mods i cld sell u if u came by .....

Which do you have? I've been stalking waiting for the Polks to go on sale without any success finding any open box deals or amazon sales.

#7912 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I eat downvotes for breakfast.

That must be the reason for your daily fatigue. I suggest something with more energy.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Wouldn't it be easier to just roll over and say it to his face?

You're not helping anything here.

#7913 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Which do you have? I've been stalking waiting for the Polks to go on sale without any success finding any open box deals or amazon sales.

Your best bet is Craigslist. I see used Polk PSW10s come up all the time. Here's one not to far from you for $50 ...

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

#7914 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Your best bet is Craigslist. I see used Polk PSW10s come up all the time. Here's one not to far from you for $50 ...
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Frys has them in store also. Kind of hard to find a Frys but if you have one nearby they will price match anything on the internet. Thats how I got mine. Such a BADASS electronics store. If anyone is coming to Vegas soon and has never been to a Frys....you NEED to stop in. Just a little further south from the strip on Las Vegas BLVD.

#7915 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's very easy, actually. Just solder a couple alligator clips on to some speaker wire, clip them on to the cabinet speaker terminals, and then run those wires into either the left or right high level input on the sub.
Another option is to go with the PINsub kit ....
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=38

Nice, I'll look into this. Thanks for the info! I actually have an extra 10" powered subwoofer lying around from a stereo that I'm not using at the moment. That will probably be good to start with.

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Snake is sitting too low. Raise the snake up using the screw directly under his mouth under the playfield. When leveled properly the cliffy is unnecessary because the ball never reaches the edge of the wood before it enters the snake.

Which part do I need to take off to raise the snake?

#7917 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Guys do you really have to argue on this forum? Wouldn't it be easier to just roll over and say it to his face?

Been laughin on that shit all day. Good one Jay.

#7918 3 years ago

I loosened and re-tightened the 2 screws on the coil stop (snugging it up a bit more) and that seems to have corrected the loud buzzing when the left flipper is engaged. thanks!

#7919 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I loosened and re-tightened the 2 screws on the coil stop (snugging it up a bit more) and that seems to have corrected the loud buzzing when the left flipper is engaged. thanks!

Hmmm I'll have to try that. I have the left flipper buzz also, right out of the box. Its weird, sometimes no buzz, sometimes very little, sometimes very loud buzz.

#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Been laughin on that shit all day. Good one Jay.

Thanks buddy, gave me a good chuckle as I typed it.

#7921 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Hmmm I'll have to try that. I have the left flipper buzz also, right out of the box. Its weird, sometimes no buzz, sometimes very little, sometimes very loud buzz.

that's exactly what I had which started a day ago (sometimes loud, sometimes soft and sometimes hardly noticable). loosening the coil stop screws, pressing and holding the stop as hard as I could against the coil (to secure it against the top side stop), I just re-tightened the screws and the buzzing is now minimal (when it occurs), just like the right flipper.

you want to compress (and flatten out) that spring washer at top end of the coil as much as you can, prior to tightening the bottom coil stop.

#7922 3 years ago

Joined the club this week! Can't wait to get some more plays in...love it so far!

image_(resized).jpeg

#7923 3 years ago

I want to order some translucent rings for my slings. What size Titans are you guys using?

#7924 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I want to order some translucent rings for my slings. What size Titans are you guys using?

I have translucent on mine. I think they are 2", but someone else might want to confirm.

#7925 3 years ago

I might be getting a nice Pro soon. Is there anything I should be looking at? Known issues? I've played a Premium and really like the hammer, too bad this doesn't have it...

#7926 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have translucent on mine. I think they are 2", but someone else might want to confirm.

FWIW I have the 2" purple Titans on mine (looks awesome btw). BUT....they are a tad to small I feel. Because they are so tight the ball bounces off the slings alot now with no triggering of the slingshot coil. I want to try the next size bigger. 2 and 1/2" maybe? For now I have put the original black ones back on.

#7927 3 years ago

FWIW I have the 2" purple Titans on mine (looks awesome btw). BUT....they are a tad to small I feel. Because they are so tight the ball bounces off the slings alot now with no triggering of the slingshot coil. I want to try the next size bigger. 2 and 1/2" maybe? For now I have put the original black ones back on.

Thanks! This is exactly the information I was looking for. I thought I read that some people found the 2" ones to be too tight. I'll order both sizes.

#7928 3 years ago

Mine are not tight, so maybe I have 2 1/2". I probably do because I bought the rubbers at a show and probably guessed that the slings were 2 1/2". I'll have to check.

#7929 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! This is exactly the information I was looking for. I thought I read that some people found the 2" ones to be too tight. I'll order both sizes.

Good plan!!! haha

#7930 3 years ago

Just put the 2.5" on mine yesterday, titan,
The 2 inch are to small and will break after a few months playing . Ironically my last game I played before vacation the right one split and when I got home the left had split as well, weird or consistent .

#7931 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I might be getting a nice Pro soon. Is there anything I should be looking at? Known issues? I've played a Premium and really like the hammer, too bad this doesn't have it...

It seems that the big wear area on any MET (pro or premium) is going to be Sparky himself, the Sparky magnet and the playfield around the sparky magnet. Those three ares will be in worse condition if the previous owner had never installed a mylar circle around the magnet and also the extended Sparky plastic protector. Also check the normal stuff like, shooter lane wear, mystery scoop, center drain wear, broken plastics etc etc. But I would focus on the sparky area.

Also out of curiosity, is it an original PRO (square hole speakers), or a new PRO LED (round hole speakers with graphic)?

#7932 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Just put the 2.5" on mine yesterday, titan,
The 2 inch are to small and will break after a few months playing . Ironically my last game I played before vacation the right one split and when I got home the left had split as well, weird or consistent .

Cool!! Good to know!! thanks. Definitely ordering the 2.5" ones now!

#7933 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Titan recommends the 2.5 for 2" factory sling rubbers across the board

#7934 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Titan recommends the 2.5 for 2" factory sling rubbers across the board ...

Good to know. Does anyone have a complete list of all the rubbers in the game? I thought I read that the manual is wrong.

#7935 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Good to know. Does anyone have a complete list of all the rubbers in the game? I thought I read that the manual is wrong.

This is off the Titan site
(I use 2.5 on the slings)

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#7936 3 years ago

The RGB LEDs under all of the arrow inserts on my 1 week old Met Monsters stopped working.

After checking various components, connections, etc. and talking to Chas at Stern, I now have a replacement driver board heading to me. Hopefully it gets here soon and does the trick as I'm jonesing to play again. Such a fun game!

#7937 3 years ago

Sucks to hear that but Stern should set you right. I would hate to not be able to play mine. The more I play it the more I love it. Really love how it plays and the sounds. Great fun to crank up the sound and play in the dark.

#7938 3 years ago

Well that figures. My Titan clears 2" set just arrived. Couple months ya say ?

#7939 3 years ago

Tuna there might be a support group. Maybe you'll even stand up and anonymously introduce yourself.

#7940 3 years ago

"Hello. I'm Tuna...
*45° pivot into Sarahs eyes, whispered*
.....Delight."

#7941 3 years ago

Where's that MET ruleset Big Daddy ??!!
Your last one was grrreat !
CAM01952.jpg

#7942 3 years ago
Quoted from Phoenixbt:

Joined the club this week! Can't wait to get some more plays in...love it so far!

Nice! Let's see that monster unleashed !

#7943 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Where's that MET ruleset Big Daddy ??!!
Your last one was grrreat !

Thanks man. I'd love to be able to do one for MET (and ST and TWD too), but the Man keeps me busy doing other things for a living and commuting big time to do it.

I do have a FINAL version nearly completed of that Mustang doc though. Just need to find some time and finish it.

#7944 3 years ago

Get it while it's hot
Snooze you lose

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3244

#7945 3 years ago

is that a good price?

#7946 3 years ago

Why wld anyone need a extra sparky?

#7947 3 years ago

When his foot breaks off

#7948 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

When his foot breaks off ...

Is this something that's common on home use only games, or generally something you only see on routed games?

#7949 3 years ago

I'm going to be swapping out all of the black factory rubber with Titan silicone rubbers. I know I want to use translucent for the slings, but I'm unsure about what colors to use for the rest of the game. I'd love to see some photos of people's games with different color combinations.

#7950 3 years ago

Just remember swapping all of the rubber out makes very bouncy and you risk breaking your plastics as the ball is so much faster.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
There are 17193 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside