IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 433.
#7851 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What mylar are you guys using for the magnets? I have some that are a whole circle that will cover the entire magnet. Is it a bad idea to use that?

You don't want the magnet covered. You need to cut out the area of the magnet. Some have suggested the pre cut ones for iron man work well for the Sparky magnet. If you have an uncut sheet you can probably find a socket or something that is the size of the magnet and cut it yourself.

#7852 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

You don't want the magnet covered. You need to cut out the area of the magnet.

Good to know, this must be why my mylar got wrecked right away as I did not cut out a hole for the magnet.

#7853 7 years ago

I use mylar from a sheet, then take a glass of the diameter that I'd need or like, trace the circle and cut it. Then I place it over the magnet area tacking the edges firmly down and not press onto the magnet itself, then grab my xacto knife and carefully open up the magnet area and peeling it off. There is enough room for the xacto blade to fit between the magnet and playfield to do this without issue, just take it slow and the whole process can be done in 5 mins.

#7854 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What mylar are you guys using for the magnets? I have some that are a whole circle that will cover the entire magnet. Is it a bad idea to use that?

I make all sorts of mylar circles and cut outs for games, have a big one made up for Sparky, as well as ones for the hammer hole and standard magnets. Can make them clear, or colored for the small magnets.

#7855 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

yes, you want a cut out area where the magnet is

#7856 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I make all sorts of mylar circles and cut outs for games, have a big one made up for Sparky, as well as ones for the hammer hole and standard magnets. Can make them clear, or colored for the small magnets.

This may be a stupid question, but why would a person want a colored piece of mylar on their playfield?

#7857 7 years ago

I am going to do the same for my TZ, Star Trek and Dracula....it is going to be a color DMD festival

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Never really have had any issues with ColorDMD well maybe just one that they haven't released a TWD color rom yet, other then that none. Their products and support have been nothing less then superb. I have one in every machine I own with a few just waiting...cough "TWD" cough...'BSD".

#7858 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This may be a stupid question, but why would a person want a colored piece of mylar on their playfield?

some put them around the magnets to match the play field areas. Green and purple on some of the Iron Man. I typically use a black ring around my magnets and a large clear piece around Monger and Sparky.

#7859 7 years ago

Can someone explain the song selection logic at the beginning of the game? It seems there are 2 separate sets of songs to choose from but you can't select from all of the songs at any given time and the 2 song lists seem to change at random between one another at the beginning of the game when you start. It seems heavily skewed toward the list with Battery, Creeping Death, etc than the list that has Unforgiven, Enter Sandman, etc. can I make it so I can select from either list when I want to or is this truly random?

#7860 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Can someone explain the song selection logic at the beginning of the game? It seems there are 2 separate sets of songs to choose from but you can't select from all of the songs at any given time and the 2 song lists seem to change at random between one another at the beginning of the game when you start. It seems heavily skewed toward the list with Battery, Creeping Death, etc than the list that has Unforgiven, Enter Sandman, etc. can I make it so I can select from either list when I want to or is this truly random?

There is only one list of 13 songs to choose from, and you can use left or right flipper buttons to choose any of the 13. Once you get all the way to the right (or left) it doesn't continue to scroll through. You have to use the other flipper button to scan back.

The 14th song, End of the Line, is not a choice at the beginning of the game, but all 13 of the others are.

#7861 7 years ago

So, are all of he new premium monster editions shipping with the matching speaker panel decal and no "M" logos on the speakers? I seem to have seen it both ways when people post their new pics.

#7862 7 years ago

Where is a good place to get Mylar by the sheet?

#7863 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Where is a good place to get Mylar by the sheet?

Marcos
$2 a foot

#7864 7 years ago

Thank you.

#7865 7 years ago

PREM / LE owners- any issue with coffin magnet trough in which the ball gets frequently jammed?
I know a thread exists for this issue just wondering how much of a problem it is or not.
I keep thinking its a leveling issue. Strange.

#7866 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

So, are all of he new premium monster editions shipping with the matching speaker panel decal and no "M" logos on the speakers? I seem to have seen it both ways when people post their new pics.

the original wooden back box LEs and premiums shipped with rounded rectangular (square) speaker holes that had the "M" on them. the newer metal back box machines all have round speaker holes and no "M" logos

#7867 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

PREM / LE owners- any issue with coffin magnet trough in which the ball gets frequently jammed?
I know a thread exists for this issue just wondering how much of a problem it is or not.

I have not had this issue before on my premium.

#7868 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the original wooden back box LEs and premiums shipped with rounded rectangular (square) speaker holes that had the "M" on them. the newer metal back box machines all have round speaker holes and no "M" logos

I see. Kind of a bummer. I actually liked the plain speaker panel with the "M" logo. The decal they put on there now looks to be a little too much from the pics I've seen. I'll have to see it in person when I go to ReplayFX next weekend.

Edit: I think the pro translite actually matches the new speaker panel decal (and the rest of the artwork) much better than the monsters translite. I might have to find the pro translite and switch them.

#7869 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I see. Kind of a bummer. I actually liked the plain speaker panel with the "M" logo. The decal they put on there now looks to be a little too much from the pics I've seen. I'll have to see it in person when I go to ReplayFX next weekend.
Edit: I think the pro translite actually matches the new speaker panel decal (and the rest of the artwork) much better than the monsters translite. I might have to find the pro translite and switch them.

I disagree, but the good news is: I don't think you will have a problem finding someone to trade down

#7870 7 years ago

I guess I'll just have to see when I get to play one next week. But I think I'd want both to interchange whenever I feel like it.

And of course, I still have to actually buy the machine.

#7871 7 years ago

Where can a guy get an extra playfield for a pro model?

#7872 7 years ago
Quoted from skipc:

Where can a guy get an extra playfield for a pro model?

Your best bet is to go through your distributor to ensure you get a new one. You can find several for sale with imperfections for cheap. You can always put a want add for one on pinside and someone may have one. The good thing about going through a distributor is he can get it and you can inspect it to make sure the playfield is good. If it's not he can get another one.

#7873 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Your best bet is to go through your distributor to ensure you get a new one. You can find several for sale with imperfections for cheap. You can always put a want add for one on pinside and someone may have one. The good thing about going through a distributor is he can get it and you can inspect it to make sure the playfield is good. If it's not he can get another one.

Thanks Pickle, I think that's what I'll do.

#7874 7 years ago

I must still be missing something with the song selection. Going left or right I only ever have 5-6 songs to choose from 2 distinct groups of songs that never overlAp and never show all at the same time. What am I missing here?

#7875 7 years ago

I'm confused about 2 distinct groups, when you start a game before the first plunge if you use left flipper and turn the radio dial all the way left they should be in this order using the right flipper

Seek and destroy, ride the lightning, for whom the bell tolls, fade to black, creeping death, battery, master of puppets, blackened, one, enter sandman, sad but true, the unforgiven, and fuel

#7876 7 years ago

Yes so you can scroll left and right through the song list with the flipper buttons.

Also if you don't know holding the left flipper button when plunging lights all shots on playfield, make one lit shot for a super skillshot.

#7877 7 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Yes so you can scroll left and right through the song list with the flipper buttons.
Also if you don't know holding the left flipper button when plunging lights all shots on playfield, make one lit shot for a super skillshot.

To add to this, if you hit the lane that all inserts are flashing, that lane is ready to start coffin hurry up

#7878 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

To add to this, if you hit the lane that all inserts are flashing, that lane is ready to start coffin hurry up

Nice, I just got mine. Thanks.

#7879 7 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Nice, I just got mine. Thanks.

Not easy but if you hit it makes getting to CIU easier because that lane will be closed the rest of your game

#7880 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm confused about 2 distinct groups, when you start a game before the first plunge if you use left flipper and turn the radio dial all the way left they should be in this order using the right flipper
Seek and destroy, ride the lightning, for whom the bell tolls, fade to black, creeping death, battery, master of puppets, blackened, one, enter sandman, sad but true, the unforgiven, and fuel

So if I go all the way to the left, and start going right, I get the songs in that order but the list stops and is all the way to the right at Battery. I cannot continue going right to select any of the last several songs.

Other times, the list starts on master of puppets (all the way to the left) and goes right to Fuel but never lets me pick anything to the "left" of master of puppets in the list.

#7881 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So if I go all the way to the left, and start going right, I get the songs in that order but the list stops and is all the way to the right at Battery. I cannot continue going right to select any of the last several songs.
Other times, the list starts on master of puppets (all the way to the left) and goes right to Fuel but never lets me pick anything to the "left" of master of puppets in the list.

That is very odd. I don't even see how what you are describing is possible.

#7882 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That is very odd. I don't even see how what you are describing is possible.

Yeah, that's extremely odd. Is there something in settings? If not, you may want to give Chas a call at Stern.

#7883 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I can not wait to find out what the hell is wrong here.
Because that makes no sense.
Every machine I have ever played lets me choose all 13 songs. No problem.

#7884 7 years ago

Is there a way to do a factory reset?

#7885 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I would try a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it, I would re-load the firmware.

#7886 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I must still be missing something with the song selection. Going left or right I only ever have 5-6 songs to choose from 2 distinct groups of songs that never overlAp and never show all at the same time. What am I missing here?

So if you go to the farthest left song, then hitting the right button, you only have 5 or 6 songs? If so, I would definitely reload the software.

#7887 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Sounds like you may have changed the setting to show gravestones instead of crosses. Please try setting it back to the default setting (crosses) and see if it resolves the issues.

Sorted?

Will the tombstones be getting added in a layer update?

#7888 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yes, I have been having this issue. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-magnetcoffin-issue
Have tried to fix it but no luck. I don't think it's a level issue.

#7889 7 years ago

The other issue is that the ball keeps getting stuck just before the snakes lip.

20160616_161810_(resized).jpg20160616_161810_(resized).jpg

#7890 7 years ago

Snake is sitting too low. Raise the snake up using the screw directly under his mouth under the playfield. When leveled properly the cliffy is unnecessary because the ball never reaches the edge of the wood before it enters the snake.

#7891 7 years ago

I recently noticed that my left flipper coil is buzzing really loud when holding the flipper button in. it just started happening today. does anyone have a solution or have they experienced that before as well? it seems to be intermittent, but when it occurs, it's really loud (and only the left flipper).

I lifted the playfield and checked the end of stroke (comparing it to the right flipper) and they both appear to be the same when the flippers are engaged

#7892 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I recently noticed that my left flipper coil is buzzing really loud when holding the flipper button in. it just started happening today. does anyone have a solution or have they experienced that before as well? it seems to be intermittent, but when it occurs, it's really loud (and only the left flipper).
I lifted the playfield and checked the end of stroke (comparing it to the right flipper) and they both appear to be the same when the flippers are engaged

Some buzz is expected. All Stern flippers buzz and some are worse than others.

Only question here, which is impossible to answer, is the buzz more than normal? I've heard some pretty loud ones but none had any issue.

#7894 7 years ago

Are flipper fidelity speakers a must for this game? I'm trying to get my mods in order if I decide to buy.

#7895 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Are flipper fidelity speakers a must for this game? I'm trying to get my mods in order if I decide to buy.

No definitely not and a waste imo .... however a polk sub is a must. Comeplay my super modded out pro anytine since u are close and my luci, twd prem, imve, congo, bsd,tz and wcs

#7896 7 years ago

Thanks for the offer bigd! I might have to take you up on that sometime.

Are external subs tough to hook up to the machine?

I'm really asking about the audio because I'm coming from a KISS machine on the Spike system and the stock sound system was a major plus.

#7897 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

It's very easy, actually. Just solder a couple alligator clips on to some speaker wire, clip them on to the cabinet speaker terminals, and then run those wires into either the left or right high level input on the sub.

Another option is to go with the PINsub kit ....

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=38

#7898 7 years ago

No doubt, External Subs are the way to go!! I have 4 of them and will never add another Flipper Fidelity kit to any of my games. The Bass you get with a powered sub is 10X better.

#7899 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Thanks for the offer bigd! I might have to take you up on that sometime.
I'm really asking about the audio because I'm coming from a KISS machine on the Spike system and the stock sound system was a major plus.

Also i have some extra subwoofers and mods i cld sell u if u came by .....

#7900 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Another option is to go with the PINsub kit ....

I have those on all my games that have external subs and noticed a big difference in sound quality over the alligator clips method. I actually had to turn the audio level on the sub down after putting them on and the sound was cleaner also.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 25.50
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.