IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 433.
#7801 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Piston lane...the shot just above the left outlanes ? When you hit it the engine revs ? I figured it was a combination of fuel letters and that target. How in the holy hell can that shot even be made ? Shoot up the outlane ?! Thank ya Time Bandit !

Tip O' the right flipper will hit it, and if you hit it after a ramp while it is still flashing, you get double points for a while.

#7802 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Piston lane...the shot just above the left outlanes ? When you hit it the engine revs ? I figured it was a combination of fuel letters and that target. How in the holy hell can that shot even be made ? Shoot up the outlane ?! Thank ya Time Bandit !

I used to say the same thing, that shot WAS hard, but with time, you will master it.

#7803 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

How in the holy hell can that shot even be made ?

Tip of the right flipper as its rolling down the flipper.. It takes a lil practice. It's harder to hit w/ superbands than regular rubber.. Imo

#7804 7 years ago

Thank ya much fellas. What a great club.

#7805 7 years ago

marco specialties has mylar circles. there is a 2 pk for iron man and the one with the notch for a post is a perfect fit for the magnet in front of sparky. I just wish they made one with a larger cut out for those of us with the LE's/premiums for the hammer magnet

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

#7806 7 years ago

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4039 http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4040

Hey thanks for your help, do these look like the parts I need? The shot on sparky is not registering 100% and I'm confident it has to do with the optos.

#7807 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

marco specialties has mylar circles. there is a 2 pk for iron man and the one with the notch for a post is a perfect fit for the magnet in front of sparky. I just wish they made one with a larger cut out for those of us with the LE's/premiums for the hammer magnet
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-MG

I picked up a roll of mylar and may cut my own circle for hammer using an upside down shot glass as a template.
Thought it was fitting given the band.
Might get thirsty afterwards too.

#7808 7 years ago

New owner of a Premium here, first Stern and couldn't be more thrilled!!

One question - is the LED GI supposed to constantly pulse very rapidly? It seems like that cAnt be right. It's sort of disorienting. Is there a problem here or some way to stop all of the GI from flickering?

#7809 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

One question - is the LED GI supposed to constantly pulse very rapidly? It seems like that cAnt be right. It's sort of disorienting. Is there a problem here or some way to stop all of the GI from flickering?

No it's not right. There's a small auxilliary board in the backbox where you can reseat the connector that usually fixes it. I don't have my LE anymore so no pic.

Or it's this bridge if it's the same as AC/DC premium, which is a similar GI system. This pic courtesy of Smassa in an AC/DC thread, answering the same question

a950651869be8972238ffca60e08d8d0cfc5c340.jpeg_(resized).jpga950651869be8972238ffca60e08d8d0cfc5c340.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#7810 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I just had the same problem! Thanks for posting your problem. Flashing was so rapid, it almost made me puke. I had to turn the game off!

#7811 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Due to the nature of game shipping and vibration, this is an example of why a new owner should inspect and overwatch the series of game checks including all connectors prior to power up after the game is unboxed. This includes inspecting and testing ALL fuses.

Not only might you save yourself troushooting later, you might prevent damage to your new machine.

#7812 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Due to the nature of game shipping and vibration, this is an example of why a new owner should inspect and overwatch the series of game checks including all connectors prior to power up after the game is unboxed. This includes inspecting and testing ALL fuses.
Not only might you save yourself troushooting later, you might prevent damage to your new machine.

Nah you don't need to go through all that nonsense. The fact that it's flickering shows there's a problem and even hints at where that may be.

#7813 7 years ago

Gryszzz - You just need to get your happy ass out here, play my Pro for a night, and ask me all your dumbass questions while doing it so I may instruct you properly. What the hell? I'll stand over your shoulder and give you pointers as you play, preceding every tip with "just so you know..." Or, you can come to Replay in Pittsburgh next weekend and I can harass you there!

#7814 7 years ago

Is it just me, or since Gryszzz has joined the club, it sorta of has a gay bar feel now. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

#7815 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Is it just me, or since Gryszzz has joined the club, it sorta of has a gay bar feel now. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sounds like you've been in a few, is this how it feels!!

#7816 7 years ago

LOL. My 547 black metal t-shirts (and fashion sense in general) prohibit me from joining that club. But I did put 14 Morrisey tracks in already.

#7817 7 years ago

I have a few questions about swapping out the music using Pinball Browser ....

1 - Does the replacement track have to be the same length as the original track?
2 - Is there a way to change the track name that is displayed on the DMD within the game?
3 - Assuming you can change the track name, are there any downsides to doing this? Does this mess up the Color DMD?

#7818 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sounds like you've been in a few, is this how it feels!!

I didn't realize until it was too late!

#7819 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have a few questions about swapping out the music using Pinball Browser ....
1 - Does the replacement track have to be the same length as the original track?
2 - Is there a way to change the track name that is displayed on the DMD within the game?
3 - Assuming you can change the track name, are there any downsides to doing this? Does this mess up the Color DMD?

1 - If your new song is longer it gets chopped, and if shorter, you get blank space. So, yes, should be the same length. As close as you can get.
2 - You can edit in game strings in pinball browser, just search for the name you want to change and edit it. Make sure to change any occurances you find.
3 - Depending on how the masking is done in the colordmd, this answer can go either way. The song selection screen at game start is probably not going to be affected by changes, but very often changing text strings CAN affect the color (like changing "BONUS" to "BONER - tee-hee)

#7820 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

1 - If your new song is longer it gets chopped, and if shorter, you get blank space. So, yes, should be the same length. As close as you can get.
2 - You can edit in game strings in pinball browser, just search for the name you want to change and edit it. Make sure to change any occurances you find.
3 - Depending on how the masking is done in the colordmd, this answer can go either way. The song selection screen at game start is probably not going to be affected by changes, but very often changing text strings CAN affect the color (like changing "BONUS" to "BONER - tee-hee)

Thanks, dude! That's exactly the information I was looking for.

#7821 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks, dude! That's exactly the information I was looking for.

I swapped in Sanitarium in place of Unforgiven on mine, so I know the song selection color part stays fine. Can't vouch for anything else.

#7822 7 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

I just had the same problem! Thanks for posting your problem. Flashing was so rapid, it almost made me puke. I had to turn the game off!

Under the playfield, towards the middle.. look for a power connector to the LED board - IDC with red and black wire only. Reseat this (with game power off) and see if problem goes away.

#7823 7 years ago

Does anyone else's guitar pic led light turn off during game play or is it just my machine?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7824 7 years ago
Quoted from racerx12:

Does anyone else's guitar pic led light turn off during game play or is it just my machine?

Probably just a loose LED.

#7825 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Probably just a loose LED.

Nope checked that. Does one of your turn off during game play? Does anyone else's turn off?

#7826 7 years ago

Mine are either blinking or solid.

#7827 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:Mine are either blinking or solid.

Thanks.

#7828 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Nah you don't need to go through all that nonsense. The fact that it's flickering shows there's a problem and even hints at where that may be.

Exactly... I make sure the connectors are seated, throw a set of quality balls in there and start playing. If I wanted to dick around for hours instead of playing, I'd keep buying old machines.

#7829 7 years ago

Has anyone else had any problems with updating their colour DMD?

I updated the game code to 1.7 - no problems except a few yellow screens due to code update.
Then uploaded the colorDMD file V 3.4 from the colorDMD website and now have lots more screens which are yellow, instead of coloured. Specifically the initial bonus screen and also the starting of Grave multiball, and the Grave Jackpot screens.

Memory stick has been used before and has been formatted correctly. It even shows I've uploaded V3.4.
At this rate I'd rather go back to V3.3 but don't see that as an option on the website

Any ideas?

#7830 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I updated the game code to 1.7 - no problems except a few yellow screens due to code update.
Then uploaded the colorDMD file V 3.4 from the colorDMD website and now have lots more screens which are yellow, instead of coloured. Specifically the initial bonus screen and also the starting of Grave multiball, and the Grave Jackpot screens.
Memory stick has been used before and has been formatted correctly. It even shows I've uploaded V3.4.
At this rate I'd rather go back to V3.3 but don't see that as an option on the website
Any ideas?

I'd contact colorDMD, they seem to have great customer service

#7831 7 years ago

Is your colordmd older? Maybe hardware has changed. I just installed one in my met. Loaded latest code, adjusted settings, and it looks perfect.

#7832 7 years ago

joined the club last night kids!! woooohooooo! now its time to start the customization to make it MINE...

met_IMG_1114_(resized).JPGmet_IMG_1114_(resized).JPG

#7833 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Any ideas?

Sounds like you may have changed the setting to show gravestones instead of crosses. Please try setting it back to the default setting (crosses) and see if it resolves the issues.

#7834 7 years ago

It was a very tough call for me, but my KISS Premium is out the door. Should I join this club now?

#7835 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Should I join this club now?

Does Joanie love Chachi ?
Does a millenial love some handlebar moustaches ?
Does a bear eat you and your entire family and then shit you all out in the woods ?

#7836 7 years ago

Dude I was frothing at the mouth for 3 years to get into this club.
Who ya gonna call ? Trent. To order yer MET.

#7837 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

It was a very tough call for me, but my KISS Premium is out the door. Should I join this club now?

Could have been a trade deal

#7838 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude I was frothing at the mouth for 3 years to get into this club.
Who ya gonna call ? Trent. To order yer MET.

Hahaha... I actually already contacted Trent. Have a Premium Monsters lined up. But I won't pull the trigger until after ReplayFX next weekend just in case something jumps out at me.

#7839 7 years ago

You have chosen wisely young Edward.
Hammer of justice all the way. Ive had my Premium for 2 short weeks now, and cannot stop playing. I turn it on before I feed my kids breakfast.

#7840 7 years ago

I installed a color dmd on my Metallica and I can only get one color. I downloaded the firmware update but the DMD will not recognize it. Is this because I am using an Apple computer? Thanks in advance

#7841 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I installed a color dmd on my Metallica and I can only get one color. I downloaded the firmware update but the DMD will not recognize it. Is this because I am using an Apple computer? Thanks in advance

Sorry you're having trouble. Please make sure the USB drive is formatted as MS FAT-32 format (this is the format used on most new drives) and that the file is saved with the exact filename "colordmd.rom".

Make sure there are no additional characters in the name. If the PROG light is repeatedly blinking, it's an error code that usually indicates a file with the correct name could not be found on the drive. To clear the error and try again, pull the power cable from the ColorDMD controller board and reinsert.

#7842 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I turn it on before I feed my kids breakfast.

I turn it on and make my kids bring me breakfast.

#7843 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Hahaha... I actually already contacted Trent. Have a Premium Monsters lined up. But I won't pull the trigger until after ReplayFX next weekend just in case something jumps out at me.

Aahhhh.... Just get both!!!

#7844 7 years ago

Finally got my 1st ciu !!! Have no idea how. Then proceeded to immediately drain.
4 way combo on ramps best Ive mustered. Get too excited.
But crikey...when that cross rises and MoP and that light show start...ddamn !!!

#7845 7 years ago

I have my Met Monsters Premium on order -from Trent - I have all of my mods ordered up including the purple powder-coated armor and lighting effects from Pinball Refinery. Bunch of stuff from Mezel Mods and speaker lights kit as well. Can't wait - loved this game ever since I smoked it in league one night. I just can't believe that I could still get one - totally juiced.

#7846 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Macs are notirious for adding ".txt" to downloaded file types they don't recognize, and depending on your settings finder won't show the extensions.

#7847 7 years ago

That was the problem and it was fixed. Thank you

Quoted from Dmod:

Sorry you're having trouble. Please make sure the USB drive is formatted as MS FAT-32 format (this is the format used on most new drives) and that the file is saved with the exact filename "colordmd.rom".
Make sure there are no additional characters in the name. If the PROG light is repeatedly blinking, it's an error code that usually indicates a file with the correct name could not be found on the drive. To clear the error and try again, pull the power cable from the ColorDMD controller board and reinsert.

#7848 7 years ago

Up an running the color DMD for my met pro and all I can say is wow. It really makes the game pop.

#7849 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Up an running the color DMD for my met pro and all I can say is wow. It really makes the game pop.

Never really have had any issues with ColorDMD well maybe just one that they haven't released a TWD color rom yet, other then that none. Their products and support have been nothing less then superb. I have one in every machine I own with a few just waiting...cough "TWD" cough...'BSD".

#7850 7 years ago

What mylar are you guys using for the magnets? I have some that are a whole circle that will cover the entire magnet. Is it a bad idea to use that?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.