Topic Stats

• 16,888 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by sohchx
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,858 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16888 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 338.
#7751 3 years ago

I put flipper fidelity's big 10" kit in mine and was pretty happy w/ it. If I had to do it again I might just replace the backbox speakers and run the powered sub w/ the pinnovator board.

#7752 3 years ago

New to the club. Getting a NIB Monsters Premium from the recent run. Ordered up a bunch of mods, cliffy protectors and new speakers.
2 Questions:
1. Is the lock-down bar traditional or those newer clips? Looking to get the purple powder coated armor from pinball refinery.
2. Is it the newer metal speaker panel with round speaker holes or the older wooden one with square speaker holes?

I am a Borg fan and this game looks to be an all-time great.

#7753 3 years ago

Traditional lockdown bar and metal backboard with round cutouts

#7754 3 years ago

Thank you

#7755 3 years ago

I guess the sound has never bothered me enough to upgrade or add a sub. If I want to hear music I play my stereo. A powered sub is probably the cheapest and best way to go as I know several that have done that and it sounds better. It's a pin and not a 5 grand stereo.......

#7756 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I guess the sound has never bothered me enough to upgrade or add a sub. If I want to hear music I play my stereo. A powered sub is probably the cheapest and best way to go as I know several that have done that and it sounds better. It's a pin and not a 5 grand stereo.......

An internal sub can be added for as little as 30 bucks, if you buy the parts yourself. Need a speaker, crossover, and an Lpad. I put a pinball pro in mine because I wanted the pro install, but I have many other games that I've put subs in on the cheap, and still sound great.

Also, I prefer the internal subs, because the "feel" of the game is better. It's an added level of feedback to feel the cabinet vibrate to the music.

#7757 3 years ago

I mentioned earlier in this thread about how I broke off the top of the post when I was tightening down one of the nuts. Does anyone know what the part number for this post is?

Broken_Post_(resized).png

#7758 3 years ago

Can anyone recommend speaker upgrade for my metallica pro. I am not interested in the subwoofer and am using the pinball refinery lighted speaker mod if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance

#7759 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Traditional lockdown bar and metal backboard with round cutouts

My 2013 pro has the clips

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My 2013 pro has the clips

Yeah, he said his is from the recent run. Mine is from the recent run and has the metal backbox and traditional lockdown bar. I think the pro model has the clips, but he specified he is getting a premium.

#7761 3 years ago

Oh, i didnt realize they used different types

#7762 3 years ago

I updated the game's firmware the day that update came out and noticed a few screens where the only color was yellow. I figured it needed the ColorDMD update too, and I just loaded that today but a few screens still only show yellow for the areas that would usually be in full color. Specifically, the Gravemarker multiball screen (where the cross is rising) and the "Bonus" tallying screen after a ball drains. Before I did the game update, I didn't have this issue. Any ideas what the solution might be?

I just double checked and the ColorDMD version on my screen is 3.4 and Metallica code is 1.70

#7763 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Before I did the game update, I didn't have this issue. Any ideas what the solution might be?

Not sure. Can you capture some video and send to info@colordmd.com? We'll look into it.

#7764 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Thought I would be in the club by now but my NIB premium appears to be lost, at least for now. I'm remaining optimistic, cuz, how do you lose a pinball machine right?

It shipped July 5th and made it to Los Angeles on the 7th, but hasn't moved since. I was getting some misinformation from R+L Carriers earlier in the week and finally got it out of them that they are "having trouble locating it" Hopefully JJ can light some fire under their asses because now he is sold out again, so if they don't find it I may be SOL for a bit...

Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. That blows.
Keep us updated as to what happened.
That is way to long to sit at one terminal.

So I just got off the phone with RL Carriers again, the rep had me on hold for about 5 minutes while she called the terminal. Apparently the delivery terminal still hasn't received the machine, it's in limbo between them and LAX.... Might lose my mind if I have to go another weekend without, had the house all to myself this past weekend with no new game to geek out on. Hoping for better news tomorrow!

#7765 3 years ago

fyi for new owners:
I ended up going to jo-ann fabrics and picking up a sheet of the adhesive backed felt and putting 3 pcs on either side (stacked on top of one another where the lock down bar covers the side rails). this prevents the tops of the side rails from getting scratched as well as making the machine feel more solid during play.

I didn't see those typical brass adjustment screws on the lock down bar to tighten up the receiver, but you would still need a single piece on either side to prevent the rubbing from occurring

#7766 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Damn ... I gotta get a Metallica!
Okay - I'll be back.

It took longer than I anticipated, but I'm back and I'm now OFFICIALLY in this prestigious club as my MET Monsters arrived a few days ago! Added a few additional mods this weekend, installed the latest code, and took some pics. Still fine tuning a few things, but I've noticed that the hammer seems to operate much better than on other METs I've played in the past which is a plus indeed.

My thanks to Steve (HemiOrange09) at Pinball Refinery for a great game and service as always! Unfortunately, photos don't convey the awesome lighting extras that PR adds to their games. DSC02470_(resized).JPG DSC02490_(resized).JPGDSC02478_(resized).JPGDSC02423_(resized).JPG

#7767 3 years ago

Damn Tuna, that baby is gorgeous ! Sweet line up too.

#7768 3 years ago

So I just got off the phone with RL Carriers again, the rep had me on hold for about 5 minutes while she called the terminal. Apparently the delivery terminal still hasn't received the machine, it's in limbo between them and LAX.... Might lose my mind if I have to go another weekend without, had the house all to myself this past weekend with no new game to geek out on. Hoping for better news tomorrow!

I hope you get some better news...man can't believe they lost the whereabouts on such a big item.

#7769 3 years ago

Sorry to hear they STILL can't find it. Where ever it is I hope it's not getting damaged. When you get it go over the box with a magnifying glass looking for even a scratch on the box.

#7770 3 years ago

Thought I would be in the club by now but my NIB premium appears to be lost, at least for now. I'm remaining optimistic, cuz, how do you lose a pinball machine right?

That...is....terrifying. I hope all works out for you! Your machine must have had "Wherever I May Roam" loaded into it and wandered off.

#7771 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

It took longer than I anticipated, but I'm back and I'm now OFFICIALLY in this prestigious club as my MET Monsters arrived a few days ago! Added a few additional mods this weekend, installed the latest code, and took some pics. Still fine tuning a few things, but I've noticed that the hammer seems to operate much better than on other METs I've played in the past which is a plus indeed.
My thanks to Steve (HemiOrange09) at Pinball Refinery for a great game and service as always! Unfortunately, photos don't convey the awesome lighting extras that PR adds to their games.

I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to Tim (Tuna_Delight) for waiting months on these machines to arrive from Stern, so they could converted into our Pinball Refinery Edition for him. The upgrades on these machines really finishes them off and completes the look.

If anyone is interested in ordering a Refinery machine, we are still offering Metallica Pro and Premiums, they are in stock.

Thanks Tim for your support,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#7772 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They also give a green tint to all the surrounding playfield artwork. I may swap them out with some clear protectors.

That's GREEN HELL Gweem baby !
"Here in this place lies the genie of death
Touch it, see it...
GREEN HELL !!!"
CAM01919.jpg

#7773 3 years ago

Yeah I need some new cards, but I am LOVING this paint job.
CAM01914.jpgCAM01914.jpg

#7774 3 years ago

So nice I posted twice.

#7775 3 years ago

Still waiting on my Cliffys, but have the mirror blades, Red Tremor, snake fangs/decal, and glare guard to put on. Does Back Alley Matt do custom Sparkys? Then again, I don't see myself shutting machine down for 4-6 weeks though, so scratch that I reckon. I'll "just manage" with average Joe Sparky. DO need Sparky air ball protector ; this game can get so damn fast...LOVE IT !!!

#7776 3 years ago

Where is the best place to get instructions cards for met?

#7777 3 years ago

Gonna put a Megadeth t-shirt on the little bastard.

#7778 3 years ago

Or King Diamond. Thinkin Mustaine though.

#7779 3 years ago

IMG_20160708_122746426.jpg

#7780 3 years ago

Where'd you get your game from Gryszzz? Was it a private deal or from a dealer?

#7781 3 years ago

Got it from Brad and Lonnie at VP Cabs bud. Awesome deal. Lucked out on timing.
Everything in its place.

#7782 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Still waiting on my Cliffys, but have the mirror blades, Red Tremor, snake fangs/decal, and glare guard to put on. Does Back Alley Matt do custom Sparkys? Then again, I don't see myself shutting machine down for 4-6 weeks though, so scratch that I reckon. I'll "just manage" with average Joe Sparky. DO need Sparky air ball protector ; this game can get so damn fast...LOVE IT !!!

Modfather does custom Sparky paint jobs, and his turnaround is very quick.

#7783 3 years ago

Nother dumb question...do I collect fuel at the fuel shot ? I'm thinking yes obviously, but the few times I lit it, I couldn't figure out how to collect.

#7784 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You could also try re-seating the connectors at J12 and J13 on the power driver board(with power turned off, of course). Those have the row and column wires for that lamp.

Re-seated both j12 and j13 but still same result. Also switched bulb and same. Ran all lamp test and it lit and in single lamp test it lit and nothing else lit. All appears fine except it turns off and if I hit a ramp during game play it will turn on for a few seconds and then off again. but all I have seen the light blinks on continuously until hit and never turns off. Again thanks for any help. For some reason this is driving me crazy.

image_(resized).jpeg

#7785 3 years ago

Updated to new code tonight. My coffin still doesn't catch all the time. Has anyone messed with the settings to make it catch better? Thanks, Mike

#7786 3 years ago

I bought this uncut monster translite to put in my pro, but wanted to know if it's a bad idea to cut this for value purposes?

$_3_(resized).jpg

#7787 3 years ago

If it's for sale I could take it .

#7788 3 years ago

When my coffin magnet catches the ball, the ball wiggles around? On the other magnets of the game the balls are stationary. Is this normal, because I thought when I first got the game the ball was stationary on the coffin also?

#7789 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

When my coffin magnet catches the ball, the ball wiggles around? On the other magnets of the game the balls are stationary. Is this normal, because I thought when I first got the game the ball was stationary on the coffin also?

make sure you have the updated magnet board ( i think with a red dot or sticker on it and

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-hammer-fix

#7790 3 years ago

Surely someone knows the part number of the broken post that is circled in this photo?

Broken_Post_(resized).png

#7791 3 years ago

I updated the magnet board but I still have issues. There was a setting on old code I changed but I haven't found it in the settings under the new code. I was wondering if anyone else had any fixed. I am not too worried about the wobble of the ball but I am concerned about the ball not catching which really effects game play.

#7792 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Surely someone knows the part number of the broken post that is circled in this photo?

page 161 at the very bottom of the manual;
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/metallica/pro
i'd measure it, then figure out which one? good luck
metallicaspacers_(resized).JPG

Added over 3 years ago: I'm Welcome

#7793 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I updated the magnet board but I still have issues. There was a setting on old code I changed but I haven't found it in the settings under the new code. I was wondering if anyone else had any fixed. I am not too worried about the wobble of the ball but I am concerned about the ball not catching which really effects game play.

I think what you describe is normal and also how my game plays.

Rob

#7794 3 years ago

Same here. Just because it says lock is lit doesn't mean the magnet grabs the ball. Sometimes it's quick other times you'll roll over it slow and get nothing

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I updated the game's firmware the day that update came out and noticed a few screens where the only color was yellow. I figured it needed the ColorDMD update too, and I just loaded that today but a few screens still only show yellow for the areas that would usually be in full color. Specifically, the Gravemarker multiball screen (where the cross is rising) and the "Bonus" tallying screen after a ball drains. Before I did the game update, I didn't have this issue. Any ideas what the solution might be?
I just double checked and the ColorDMD version on my screen is 3.4 and Metallica code is 1.70

I had changed the "grave marker" setting. Putting it back to default resolved this issue, thanks Dmod.

#7796 3 years ago

Gryszzzs dumb question of the day :
Where can I get some mylar at, and should I mylar my shooter lane ? Obviously the magnets and ball drain, anywhere else ?
And can someone tell me how to collect fuel ? Not sure how I'm even getting it, but would like to get it....keeps eluding me.

#7797 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

And can someone tell me how to collect fuel?

I believe every time you hit the fuel targets it will give you a letter in the word "FUEL". Hit them four times, and it lights the next fuel bar on the playfield. Once you fill up your entire tank, the next hit to the fuel targets starts FUEL mode.

#7798 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

And can someone tell me how to collect fuel ?

Each time you complete the left fuel bank the centre fuel gauge will advance. Once it is full and you complete the left bank again Fuel will start. Then hit the left bank targets to light the fuel JP, then hit the piston lane stand up to collect JP. While Fuel is running the centre gauge will run down. Hitting the left bank keeps it topped up.

#7799 3 years ago

Thanks Gweem. Shouldn't have messed with green hell.

#7800 3 years ago

Piston lane...the shot just above the left outlanes ? When you hit it the engine revs ? I figured it was a combination of fuel letters and that target. How in the holy hell can that shot even be made ? Shoot up the outlane ?! Thank ya Time Bandit !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 16888 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside