IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 433.
#7601 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If he's going to release a bugfix, I hope he considers adding a insert light effect for when the spinner is ready for big points.

Would also be great to have an actual light come on when "Lock is Lit".

#7602 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

It's always bothered me that a decent remaster/re-recording has never been done of the earlier albums (except ride the lightning).

have you heard the shm-cd's released in japan? like the rush cd's before them, its amazing how much cleaner everything sounds (even stuff going back to the 1970s

#7603 7 years ago

Little Band member mode would be the icing on this amazing Cake.

#7604 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish someone would ask him about ACDC code. I'd just like to know if it's final or not.
If he's going to release a bugfix, I hope he considers adding a insert light effect for when the spinner is ready for big points.
Rob

What really needs to be done to ACDC is for songs to play through and not start over every time the ball drains......it gets annoying to hear the beginning of a song over and over.

#7605 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

What really needs to be done to ACDC is for songs to play through and not start over every time the ball drains......it gets annoying to hear the beginning of a song over and over.

I have this problem likely a lot more than most on this game! I know the first 20 seconds of every AC/DC song by heart now.

#7606 7 years ago

Hade the game of my life!!! 1.2 billion Doubled my previous high of 688 mil. Reached EOTL but died in it ugh! Oh well next time

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7608 7 years ago

I picked up a MET Pro about 2 months ago and was hoping to get some advice on a few small issues I've been experiencing:

1) the snake doesn't eject straight out of the mouth consistently. Sometimes it shoot a bit right into the top of the left sling, and sometime it clips the stand-up target to the left of the right ramp entrance. Is there any way to adjust this or potentially move the snake mouth a tiny bit left?

2) the auto-launch doesn't always strike the ball cleanly and often times, especially during multiball, it won't hit it cleanly and fails to launch the ball out of the shooter lane entirely. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix or adjustment?

Thanks!

#7609 7 years ago

You can adjust the coil strength for the snake kickout in the adjustments.

#7610 7 years ago

Guy I think I have an issue unless I'm doing something wrong. I was trying to up date the code in my premium. But when I have the dip switch to on and turn on the game it doesn't seem to boot and I get a blank dmd. I also tried it with the game on, flipping dip switch 8 to on. But the minute I hit the white reset button the game freezes? Am I doing something wrong?

#7611 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Guy I think I have an issue unless I'm doing something wrong. I was trying to up date the code in my premium. But when I have the dip switch to on and turn on the game it doesn't seem to boot and I get a blank dmd. I also tried it with the game on, flipping dip switch 8 to on. But the minute I hit the white reset button the game freezes? Am I doing something wrong?

Stupid question, but you do have the USB plugged in right? Also, is it a zipped, or unzipped file on your flash drive? It needs to have the .BIN file on it. When I update mine, I have the game turned off, the dipswitch set at 8 and the USB inserted. Then I power it up and I can upgrade.

#7612 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

First have the game off. When you have the USB plugged in and the 8 dipswitch turned on. When you turn on the pin you will need to go into your coin door and go into settings and go to the update setting if you can. Otherwise make sure it's not the update is not in a folder on the USB. I always erase everything on the USB before I update. Otherwise try a different USB and try it again

#7613 7 years ago

and make sure that the usb drive is formatted FAT32, not NTFS

#7614 7 years ago

This is all without the USB installed, I'm getting a blank dmd as soon as I turn it on if dip switch 8 is flipped to the on position

#7615 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This is all without the USB installed, I'm getting a blank dmd as soon as I turn it on if dip switch 8 is flipped to the on position

Try with dipswitch 8 off and boot as normal, then go into the menu, utils, update. The menu will instruct you to insert usb, then set dipswitch 8 to off, and press select to reboot. Maybe that will work.

#7616 7 years ago

There is a good vid on youtube as well, but I just power off, set dipswitch, insert USB, power on. I then have options to install.

#7617 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

There is a good vid on youtube as well, but I just power off, set dipswitch, insert USB, power on. I then have options to install.

Yeah I watched it, and am doing it they way they explain. But I'm getting nothing from the dmd if that dip switch is set to on. It's very odd, I've done code up dates before, but not on my met. Probably going to have to call stern

#7618 7 years ago

It took me several tries to upgrade my MET LED. I would stick the USB drive in the slot, and nothing would happen. I eventually got it to work, but I had to try different combinations of turning the game on, flipping the DIP switch, etc ...

#7619 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It took me several tries to upgrade my MET LED. I would stick the USB drive in the slot, and nothing would happen. I eventually got it to work, but I had to try different combinations of turning the game on, flipping the DIP switch, etc ...

Was your dmd screen ever blank though? Imo it seems like it's not even booting, just powering up

#7620 7 years ago

Just updated code to my Pro....Only issue I had was finding the correct prompts on my service screen. Eventually figured it out...I haven't noticed must of a change in gameplay yet.

#7621 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Was your dmd screen ever blank though?

No. It never went blank. Something seems wrong with yours.

#7622 7 years ago

So I added the PinGraffix Snake Mod to my PRO awhile back (original 2D). I really like the look of it but was frustrated by how the extended plastic behind the snake head blocked my ability to see the rollover lane lights and 2/3 pop bumper flashers. Seemed like a high price to pay for a few inches of "snakiness".

I considered doing what some have done and either add a reflective surface or another set of lights below the right ramp but couldn't figure out a good solution. While adding spinners to my PRO yesterday (which involves cutting the plastics), I decided why not reshape the snake plastic a bit so the rollover lanes are still visible while preserving the snake body effect.

Using a pencil and some tape to draw the new shape on the plastic:
Using a pencil and some tape to draw the new shape on the plasticUsing a pencil and some tape to draw the new shape on the plastic

Using a wheel grinder to cut the plastic away (this technique is awesome, btw, if you ever need to cut plastics in a very controllable manner) - note this isn't the snake plastic shown in this pic:
Using a wheel grinder to cut the plastic awayUsing a wheel grinder to cut the plastic away

The newly reshaped snake plastic:

The newly reshaped snake plastic The newly reshaped snake plastic

The modified snake plastic on the game:
The modified snake plastic on the gameThe modified snake plastic on the game

I think it turned out really well, when viewing and playing the game the snake looks fine and being able to directly see the lights and flashers is a big improvment.

#7624 7 years ago

What are thoughts on the new code so far? Is it worth updating and losing high scores on the last code I thought was already great? We can't save high scores when updating right?

#7625 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What are thoughts on the new code so far? Is it worth updating and losing high scores on the last code I thought was already great? We can't save high scores when updating right?

It seemed like a big deal when I read the release notes.
But had I not upgraded the game would be playing about the same.
No real noticeable difference.
You get an added bonus for collecting your Crank it ups but it is never very much. Maybe 2.5 mil
And I have asked several times if anyone has heard any new callouts they claimed to add, but so far nothing but silence.
I have heard two new callouts it 100 games.
It fixes some rules that were not scoring correctly but overall the game plays about the same.

#7626 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What are thoughts on the new code so far? Is it worth updating and losing high scores on the last code I thought was already great?

Don't bother. Updating this code is an exercise in score resetting.

#7627 7 years ago

You guys and your "oh no, I can't lose the record of the score I got that one time!" crack me up.

#7628 7 years ago

Stern was able to figure it out, eprom chip wasn't sitting right on the mpu board, 2 bent pins I was able to fix it without breaking the legs.......All is right in the world again.......well atleast the pinball world

20160711_172805_(resized).jpg20160711_172805_(resized).jpg

#7629 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

It's always bothered me that a decent remaster/re-recording has never been done of the earlier albums (except ride the lightning). In the meantime, I found some covers by bands that I like, perhaps you will like them too.

Id love to see a re-recording of Justice for All with an actual bass player and elimination of the horrible resonance tones. There's just no way to make that album sound good on a mid-range to good system.

#7630 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Stern was able to figure it out, eprom chip wasn't sitting right on the mpu board, 2 bent pins I was able to fix it without breaking the legs.......All is right in the world again.......well atleast the pinball world

Kudos to stern for diagnosing and fixing you up. Do you think that chip was bent from the factory? Have you ever updated code on it before? Just curiuos.

#7631 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Kudos to stern for diagnosing and fixing you up. Do you think that chip was bent from the factory? Have you ever updated code on it before? Just curiuos.

Most likely bent taking it out or putting it back in, I'd say putting it in. If it was from the factory like that it never would have worked right from the unboxing.

#7632 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Most likely bent taking it out or putting it back in, I'd say putting it in. If it was from the factory like that it never would have worked right from the unboxing.

This came straight from the factory this way. Game is only 4 months old. So it was done by stern, my understanding is the the last code is burnt straight to the chip, their not wasting time updating code at the factory for every game they build

#7633 7 years ago

And also they knew exactly what was going on .............so it must be pretty common

#7634 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This came straight from the factory this way. Game is only 4 months old. So it was done by stern, my understanding is the the last code is burnt straight to the chip, their not wasting time updating code at the factory for every game they build

and the game played like that.

#7635 7 years ago

Definitely worth updating code.
Snake MB can now be worth lots of points,
CIU modes mystery awards actually help you complete and score big (350 mil on FWTBT)
No longer shouts casket MB (would be nice if it did actually say something though)
Fuel Lane awards blown pistons more readily, making it a strategy to get extra balls
CIU-Battery graphics and call outs changed

"Fixed a bug that was causing the device driver for the magnets to ignore the "disabled" adjustment." - I believe that this may be the REAL reason for the code update, so many issues with Sparky magnet locking on and causing damage that they had to do something about it. It would have been lame to have just released that as an update, it would also have been admitting fault in the first place.

At the end of the day, a high score is there to be beaten, if it bothers you that much you could always note down your current high score and then emulate it with the glass off once code is updated.

#7636 7 years ago

The new code is awesome which finally gave me a good reason to blow out my High Scores and add some custom songs in the process. I love "One" but its really out of place in this machine.

#7637 7 years ago

Official member! Pretty excited about this one. Kids are having a blast with it, too. Game really has grown on me and had to have one. Scoring, gameplay, and difficulty are all well balanced. Really easy to learn rules and get things going. Great art, sound, and dots but of course everyone here knows all that. Already ordered some mods including a colordmd. One question - is it a good idea to get a cliffy for the mystery saucer? My experience has been cliffy's make shots more difficult and not a fan of that. Plan on getting mylar for the magnets but not sure where to get that. Wish I could surf the pinball life website but have to wait until they are back.

IMG_20160712_215103_554_(resized).jpgIMG_20160712_215103_554_(resized).jpg

#7638 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Official member! Pretty excited about this one. Kids are having a blast with it, too. Game really has grown on me and had to have one. Scoring, gameplay, and difficulty are all well balanced. Really easy to learn rules and get things going. Great art, sound, and dots but of course everyone here knows all that. Already ordered some mods including a colordmd. One question - is it a good idea to get a cliffy for the mystery saucer? My experience has been cliffy's make shots more difficult and not a fan of that. Plan on getting mylar for the magnets but not sure where to get that. Wish I could surf the pinball life website but have to wait until they are back.

Congrats!! Marco has some Mylar circles for Iron Man that are perfect for Metallica. The sparky one even has a little cutout for the post on the left of the magnet! Looks like it was meant to be there. The graveyard magnet you will have to cut the circle into more of a square to fit in between the graveyard lane but that one doesnt see the abuse that sparky magnet gets. I put some mylar in the shooter lane right where the ball kicks out and also the shooter lane cliffy to protect the wood on kickout. I also put a piece of mylar in the center drain hole area wrapped over the edges. Some guys have had problems there with the clear chipping so I prevented that from happening with some mylar right at the center drain. The biggest most important thing to get is the extended sparky protector plastic if you dont have it already. Pinbits has it in a kit or you can buy it separate.

#7639 7 years ago

the cliffy does make the shot harder, but does help protect the mystery hole. I've actually got both the mantis style and the cliffy in mine (the cliffy gets installed first and the mantis slides inside from underneath)

as MTI states, the iron man mylar is a perfect fit for the magnet area in front of sparky. I waxed my playfield prior to installing the mylar to make removal a bit easier.

#7640 7 years ago

METALLICA COLORDMD 3.4 ROM UPDATE!

An update to support the new game ROM V1.70 has been posted to our support page and is available for immediate download!
Thanks very much to Chris Enright for making the changes, and Greg and Doug for their help testing the update.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

MET_Thone_(resized).PNGMET_Thone_(resized).PNG

#7641 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

You guys are awesome!

#7642 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the cliffy does make the shot harder, but does help protect the mystery hole. I've actually got both the mantis style and the cliffy in mine (the cliffy gets installed first and the mantis slides inside from underneath)
as MTI states, the iron man mylar is a perfect fit for the magnet area in front of sparky. I waxed my playfield prior to installing the mylar to make removal a bit easier.

Ahhhh you referred to me as MTI haha. Good catch! You must use the phonetic alphabet for work? For hobby?

Oh and to keep it on topic....METALLICA best pin EVER!! woohooo

#7643 7 years ago

naw, it was just easier to type

#7644 7 years ago

A quick question about installing a ColorDMD in a MET Pro LED. Can I use the existing power cable that was going into the DMD that came with the game, or do I have to tap into the power by the coin door like it says in the installation instructions? This is the first game I've installed a ColorDMD in that came with a low power LED DMD from the factory.

#7645 7 years ago

you still have to run the wire through the cabinet to the 5v up by the front right of the cabinet. the ColorDMD uses a different pin out than what the stern LED display does.

it will only take an additional 2-3 minutes and they give you plenty of wire to neatly tie it up in those nylon cable management thingys

#7646 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I love "One" but its really out of place in this machine.

Lady justice mode: The fact it cuts right into the guts of the solo is more than enough reason to keep it in...at least imo. Otherwise yer gonna get stuck with something in that slot underwhelming.

#7647 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

An update to support the new game ROM V1.70 has been posted to our support page and is available for immediate download!
Thanks very much to Chris Enright for making the changes, and Greg and Doug for their help testing the update.
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Wow. That was quick!

#7648 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Lady justice mode: The fact it cuts right into the guts of the solo is more than enough reason to keep it in...at least imo. Otherwise yer gonna get stuck with something in that slot underwhelming.

I have "... and Justice for All" in that slot. It cuts into the ripping solo from AJFA during Lady Justice mode.
Underwhelming? I call that Bad Ass \m/

#7649 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

That is true, as of right now it just rips right into Paradise City which is pretty cool as well. I was thinking along the lines when replacing it was for the song choice of launching a ball and One just starts off way too slow for that for the instant action we are into.

#7650 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

That is true, as of right now it just rips right into Paradise City which is pretty cool as well. I was thinking along the lines when replacing it was for the song choice of launching a ball and One just starts off way too slow for that for the instant action we are into.

Paradise city, lol!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.