Topic Stats

• 17,219 posts
  • 962 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,947 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17219 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 345.
#701 5 years ago

bought some loose metallica figures at estate sale for 5$. one day when I get one I can load it up with extras.101_0222-594.JPG

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

bought some loose Metallica figures at estate sale for 5$. one day when I get one I can load it up with extras.

101_0222-594.JPG 246 KB

If you put all that on you won't be able to see the ball.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know what you mean.

image-577.jpg image-771.jpg image.jpg image-309.jpg image-616.jpg
#704 5 years ago

Couple more.

image.jpg image-220.jpg
#706 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I got bored waiting for the code.

image-380.jpg 226 KB

Is that purple led bleeding through to the electric switch insert on the right orbit shot? If I get bleeding like that, I use "blinders" by cutting a small cardboard flap to shield the light. The boxes for Ziplock baggies and freezer bags is real thin and works great.

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I know what you mean.

Heavy Metal is meant to be loud and in your face, so I'd say that pin is Heavy Metal as F$%#!

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

a drumhead here, lars head there, it'll be fine.

1 month later
#710 5 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Just made some custom apron cards...enjoy!
I'm gonna print and install them today, pics when done.
Print size is:
5in x 3.5in
14cm x 7.6cm

met_left_copy.jpg 177 KB

met_right_copy.jpg 209 KB

Don't you mean the size of the cards are 5 1/2 in. X 3in? Had someone measure his stock cards on his Met and he put them on a ruler grid and emailed me the pic's and it was 5 1/2 x 3 inch. Just a heads up before someone gets them the wrong size.

#711 5 years ago

Shot of my Pro with some cool goodies I came up with.
BTW.....

Fellow Metalheads you need these.

ebay.com link

Shameless plug.
I am down to a half box then they are gone.

20140202_195312_resized.jpg
3 weeks later
#712 5 years ago

There has to be more than 9 Metallica owners that want a color DMD . Come on guys ,go to this thread and vote! . This game deserves a color DMD .

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-colordmd-release-after-totan/page/2#post-1616137

#713 5 years ago

Feels so good to be part of the club!

#714 5 years ago

Added a few things to my Pro yesterday. A shaker motor and the snake tongue I picked up at MPE a few weeks back. Love the shaker! It feels more powerful then the one I have in Apollo13. I was pleasantly surprised. And it only took 10 minutes to put in. nice!
snake tongue.jpgshaker motor.jpg

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Added a few things to my Pro yesterday. A shaker motor and the snake tongue I picked up at MPE a few weeks back. Love the shaker! It feels more powerful then the one I have in Apollo13. I was pleasantly surprised. And it only took 10 minutes to put in. nice!

shaker motor.jpg 36 KB

snake tongue.jpg 41 KB

Now you need the fangs and the LED eyes, then the snake will be complete.

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Now you need the fangs and the LED eyes, then the snake will be complete.

Very true Jeff. I actually am messing with my own versions of both. I have some fiber optic cables I want to experiment with, and some rubber molded teeth I need to cast yet. Not that I want to sell these things, but just because I enjoy doing stuff like that for fun.

Brian

1 month later
#717 5 years ago

1 Year and Still on my Honeymoon with Met !

Lyman's doing awesome job with the mods,Love the Toys to death,this Pin is my Dream Pin Theme
And Dream Pin Gameplay/code !

Hammer was weird till the new Boards now it's awesome with that cool sound.

It's never going anywhere,AcDc Luci is a Great Pin but Love My MetallicA 2 times More !

Sparky is the CoOlest and the most beautiful Toy in a Pinball.

Hell Yaaaaa,Still Pumped

2 weeks later
#718 5 years ago

Just joined this club and had a question? I see in earlier revisions that people were disabling or replacing the up post for the orbit shot. Is this still recommended or has it been improved in newer software revisions? Thanks

#719 5 years ago

Just joined last week. Great game!

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Just joined this club and had a question? I see in earlier revisions that people were disabling or replacing the up post for the orbit shot. Is this still recommended or has it been improved in newer software revisions? Thanks

Hold the left button when plunging and the post will drop for a super skill shot. I don't think anyone is complaining since they added that.

#721 5 years ago

MetallicA Prem/Le owners if you still are struggling with the Hammer here is the link to the Perfect Set-up !

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-hammer-fix#post-1728001

#722 5 years ago

Ordered road case today ! ( and pro translite ) god the translite for road case is hideous .

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

You can disable the post in settings and during the skill shot by holding the left flipper. It doesn't bother me during play. For instance, it drops during combo shots.

#724 5 years ago

"murdered out" ye olde flipper bats today to match the plastics + orange protectors from lazeriffic.

\m/, ,\m/

bats.jpeg

#725 5 years ago

I finally get to join this thread properly, been wanting one of these for a little bit now. Picked up a really clean LE yesterday from a friend and fellow Pinsider. I'll probably tinker with it a bit, I usually do, but for the moment just hooked it up to a sub and and am enjoying getting the feel for the gameplay.

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"murdered out" ye olde flipper bats today to match the plastics + orange protectors from lazeriffic.
\m/, ,\m/

bats.jpeg 125 KB

Looks cool, I've got chrome bats and flor. green protectors.

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I finally get to join this thread properly, been wanting one of these for a little bit now. Picked up a really clean LE yesterday from a friend and fellow Pinsider. I'll probably tinker with it a bit, I usually do, but for the moment just hooked it up to a sub and and am enjoying getting the feel for the gameplay.

That's great and an LE too. I knew it was just a matter of time.

#728 5 years ago

Thanks so very much to Stern...My dream Theme Pin is amazing Lyman on code and Dirty D on Art !

Just c'ant get enough of it.

#729 5 years ago

I put a shaker motor in my Metallica Premium tonight and I have to say I am disappointed. It feels like it's barely used compared to ACDC where it's simply fantastic! It's set for maximum use too.

Rob

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I put a shaker motor in my Metallica Premium tonight and I have to say I am disappointed. It feels like it's barely used compared to ACDC where it's simply fantastic! It's set for maximum use too.
Rob

my premium will be here in a few days. I never played a pin with a shaker. I will report back after playing a few hours. Thursday or Friday.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

my premium will be here in a few days. I never played a pin with a shaker. I will report back after playing a few hours. Thursday or Friday.

#732 5 years ago

If I remove Sparky and send him off to be painted can I still play the game?

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just a note if the shaker makes a loud vibrating noise, you can eliminate that by tightening the long threaded screw (across the top) a few turns. I bought shakers for both my ACDC Luci and MET Premium Monsters from Flipper Fidelity.

Rob

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from Homertv:

If I remove Sparky and send him off to be painted can I still play the game?

Yep, you can play

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Congrats! I'm now in the club too (see my unboxing thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unboxing-a-new-metallica-premium-pics ).

Put a ton of plays on it already. Love this pin so far.

image-945.jpg

#736 5 years ago

Just curious how many people have replaced the block on the Premium/LE with the Newton Ball. Is it worth the change? Does it affect the magnet use?

#737 5 years ago

Loving this game.........it beats ACDC in my opinion. I love the Blackened Mode and Crank It Up Modes. Addded metallic purple/monster green powder coating, custom painted Napster Sparky, Barbed wire green metallic apron, custom painted speaker panel, custom painted crosses from Laseriffic, Mezel mods throughout, and purple dmd.

Met 5.jpg
Met 4.jpg
Met 3.jpg
Met 2.jpg
Met 1.jpg

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Loving this game.........it beats ACDC in my opinion.

Don't forget MET is now a mostly finished game whereas unfortunately ACDC isn't. I own both and like them a lot, but I do find myself playing MET more because it just feels more diverse and less confining in the rules.

Rob

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Don't forget MET is now a mostly finished game whereas unfortunately ACDC isn't. I own both and like them a lot, but I do find myself playing MET more because it just feels more diverse and less confining in the rules.
Rob

I think ACDC is done Rob.

Love them both and here to stay... but d'ont know why but the Fun factor is a litlle bit higher on Met .

#740 5 years ago

I "was" thinking about selling my Refinery Met a while back but when the new code came out I decided to keep it. Glad I did, it's a blast.

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Don't forget MET is now a mostly finished game whereas unfortunately ACDC isn't.

Sure, any game could always get more, but whatchootalkingboutwillis?

#742 5 years ago

gary-coleman-as-arnold-diffrent-strokes-18022862-640-480.jpg

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure, any game could always get more, but whatchootalkingboutwillis?

You know what I'm talking 'bout!

Rob

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I think ACDC is done Rob.
Love them both and here to stay... but d'ont know why but the Fun factor is a litlle bit higher on Met .

I think you are absolutely correct as Stern officially sees it. ACDC is done. Whether there is another update is probably going to be something Lyman does on his own time. Regardless if the game still sells well, it's 2 years old and they have new stuff to work on as opposed to spend more time on older product where the code is at a pretty good level. Could it be better? Sure, but right now it's just wishful thinking and only Lyman knows if there will be another update or not. I'm not holding my breath waiting for any more updates. I also passed on ST because of the way the code is and it still hasn't been updated. I'm thinking that game sees one significant update and then it's done too.

Rob

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think you are absolutely correct as Stern officially sees it. ACDC is done. Whether there is another update is probably going to be something Lyman does on his own time. Regardless if the game still sells well, it's 2 years old and they have new stuff to work on as opposed to spend more time on older product where the code is at a pretty good level. Could it be better? Sure, but right now it's just wishful thinking and only Lyman knows if there will be another update or not. I'm not holding my breath waiting for any more updates. I also passed on ST because of the way the code is and it still hasn't been updated. I'm thinking that game sees one significant update and then it's done too.
Rob

I hope Lyman will find time...A little while ago someone on Pinside wrote that he talked with Lyman and
Lyman said he as 3 pages of stuff he would like to do on ACDC.

Lets wish he finds that time

#746 5 years ago

Well I got my MetPro Monday evening, posted lots of pics on Twitter so I won't bore everyone here but here's what I ended up with. End result of 6hrs of updating code, changing over to all LEDs, lighted speakers,coffin sticker, Mezelmods Teeth, neon sling/ball guides, eyeball shooter rod, and boney flipper bats(phew!) Still have to wire up the powered sub and I have a Cemetary mod and Arcadeupkeep extreme backbox light kit and I think I'll be done lol.
image.jpg

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Well I got my MetPro Monday evening, posted lots of pics on Twitter so I won't bore everyone here but here's what I ended up with. End result of 6hrs of updating code, changing over to all LEDs, lighted speakers,coffin sticker, Mezelmods Teeth, neon sling/ball guides, eyeball shooter rod, and boney flipper bats(phew!) Still have to wire up the powered sub and I have a Cemetary mod and Arcadeupkeep extreme backbox light kit and I think I'll be done lol.

Did you play it? Or just dress it up?

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Did you play it? Or just dress it up?

Ha! I've played it quite a bit actually . I'm painting my Sparky as we speak though! The problem with Metallica is I've had months and months of thinking what I want to do to it so my OCD kicks in as soon as I got it and I had to get cracking on it! Fun, fast game and a good departure from my Spider Man, which has longer ball times. I do feel that the up-post gets in the way, that is my only knock on it so far.

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Ha! I've played it quite a bit actually . I'm painting my Sparky as we speak though! The problem with Metallica is I've had months and months of thinking what I want to do to it so my OCD kicks in as soon as I got it and I had to get cracking on it! Fun, fast game and a good departure from my Spider Man, which has longer ball times. I do feel that the up-post gets in the way, that is my only knock on it so far.

I am thinking of getting a SM with my MetallicA and ACDC LUCI but i got offered a HUO Perfect TSPP
D'ont know what to do...If Stern does TWD with LYMAN and BORG again i want it but hve place for only
3 Pinball . Pinball is Fun

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Still have to wire up the powered sub and I have a Cemetary mod and Arcadeupkeep extreme backbox light kit and I think I'll be done lol.

For now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.50
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 17219 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside