IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 433.
#7401 7 years ago

Old code. new code; both sound amazing. Now the only thing left is to wait until next week for my Monsters Prem!

Can I join your cool kids club?

#7402 7 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Old code. new code; both sound amazing. Now the only thing left is to wait until next week for my Monsters Prem!

Small fee ensures you a member spot here.

And don't forget, once you are approved you will receive a coupon in the mail for a free baconator. Admin will take care if this for you.

#7403 7 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

You're in!!! We need more good Pacific Northwest guys hanging out in here.

#7404 7 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Only if you promise to mod the crap out of it.

#7405 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Same here...played a dozen or so games and heard no new call outs.

I didn't hear anything new either. Played a few multi balls and Enter Sandman.

Lighting looked different to me when you locked a ball or started Fuel, etc. Dimmed then, red then back to normal.

Maybe I hadn't played it in a while and didn't notice before?

#7406 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Need extra hardware spacer for the newback box but looks great.

Thanks! I just checked their website, and it appears that I may need a new mounting bracket as well ...

http://shop.colordmd.com/mounting-standoffs-for-new-stern-cabinets/

The Color DMD will most likely be coming out of my WPT, which I assume has the older incompatible bracket.

#7407 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! I just checked their website, and it appears that I may need a new mounting bracket as well ...
http://shop.colordmd.com/mounting-standoffs-for-new-stern-cabinets/
The Color DMD will most likely be coming out of my WPT, which I assume has the older incompatible bracket.

Be sure you order a clear DMD window also. The newer stern ones come with red Windows. All you need are the spacers and the clear dmd plastic and you are set.

#7408 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Be sure you order a clear DMD window also. The newer stern ones come with red Windows. All you need are the spacers and the clear dmd plastic and you are set.

So I don't need this also?

http://shop.colordmd.com/mounting-bracket/

At what point did they change to the newer style bracket that supports the standoffs? I think I bought mine about a year ago. As for the clear DMD plastic, I'm pretty sure I have one or two lying around from when I swapped out blue ones in my Avatar and Tron years ago. I assume these older ones will fit in the newer games?

#7409 7 years ago

Look at the two tiny screws on the edge of the bracket that hold the screen. If one of the screws is toward the middle of the bracket (instead of both at the ends), you should be good. The screw was relocated so we could shift the mounting hole closer to the edge of the bracket.

#7410 7 years ago

If you're changing songs on the Pro in Pinball Browser, the request numbers for the songs have changed. New request numbers for MTL17.bin (Pro):

487 Battery
602 Blackened
713 Creeping Death
784 Enter Sandman
856 Fade to Black
911 For Whom the Bell Tolls
950 Fuel
1009 Master of Puppets
1077 One
1210 Ride the Lightning
1292 Sad But True
1362 Seek and Destroy
1440 End of the Line
1505 Unforgiven

#7411 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

If you're changing songs on the Pro in Pinball Browser, the request numbers for the songs have changed. New request numbers for MTL17.bin (Pro):
487 Battery
602 Blackened
713 Creeping Death
784 Enter Sandman
856 Fade to Black
911 For Whom the Bell Tolls
950 Fuel
1009 Master of Puppets
1077 One
1210 Ride the Lightning
1292 Sad But True
1362 Seek and Destroy
1440 End of the Line
1505 Unforgiven

Thanks, Sparky! I plan on changing out all the songs in the near future. This will really help.

#7412 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks, Sparky! I plan on changing out all the songs in the near future. This will really help.

What would you be changing them to? I still think they should use Nothing Else Matters for entering high score initials.

#7413 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What would you be changing them to?

You don't want to know ... All I can say is that none of the songs will be Metallica (ducks for cover).

#7414 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You don't want to know ... All I can say is that none of the songs will be Metallica (ducks for cover).

He's going with Clay Akin's Greatest Hits!

#7415 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Holy smokes!!! Stay away from the Four Horsemen thread, those guys will have you walking a plank.

#7416 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

He's going with Clay Akin's Greatest Hits!

I always pictured him as more of a Barry Manilow type of guy. Fits the era of his avatar better.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7417 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Just wanna say thanks to Lyman for not only giving more importance to the pic targets, but finally addressing the spinner w/ some righteous reasoning to rip them!

You only get 1 shot of elevated points per completion of pic targets. The problem is that there's nothing to tell you the spinner is ready to be hit for higher points. It would have been cool if the orbit lights would have acted like runway lights so you know there's points to be had. Or use the color changing inserts with a new color.... Sorry, not trying to nitpick here, just making an observation that a visual cue would have been nice.

As for those saying the haven't heard new callouts. I noticed that there is an extra, final callout after electric chair multiball is done. Also a band member callout after Sparky fried, which I'm not sure I heard before.

The light show for when the coffin hurryup is ready is pretty subtle.

I've heard callouts for when the ball is locked in the snake for playfield multiplied scoring.

Oh and for colordmd owners, the Battery opening animation needs to be fixed now.

The CIU mystery is a very nice touch!

Rob

#7418 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I didn't hear anything new either. Played a few multi balls and Enter Sandman.
Lighting looked different to me when you locked a ball or started Fuel, etc. Dimmed then, red then back to normal.
Maybe I hadn't played it in a while and didn't notice before?

I thought the lighting looked a bit different too in certain spots, like the effects were cranked up a bit.

Rob

#7419 7 years ago

No one has been able to tell me, but what or where did the character Sparky come from? Just trying to add to the nostalgia of the game since I don't know Sparky's meaning.

#7420 7 years ago

I really want to change the songs on my Metallica. I want to swap in some Avenged Sevenfold. I'm a bit intimidated by the task but I think I'm going to try to tackle it this winter. Where is the best place to go for instruction on this? I know there's a thread but it's really long.

#7421 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I really want to change the songs on my Metallica. I want to swap in some Avenged Sevenfold. I'm a bit intimidated by the task but I think I'm going to try to tackle it this winter. Where is the best place to go for instruction on this? I know there's a thread but it's really long.

Yeah I'd like to switch out one song for now but I need a video or "song swapping for dummies" to get it done......that thread just has me confused.

#7422 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

No one has been able to tell me, but what or where did the character Sparky come from? Just trying to add to the nostalgia of the game since I don't know Sparky's meaning.

I assume it is in reference to this from a T-Shirt design.

metallica-ride-the-lightning-shirt-bi_(resized).jpgmetallica-ride-the-lightning-shirt-bi_(resized).jpg

#7423 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks for this! Very much appreciated.
E

#7424 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

There's an interview on coast2coast with dirty Donny and he tells the story of naming sparky.
The basic jist was...Dirty Donny was hanging out with James Hetfield when he sketched the character for the first time. Hetfield liked it and told him to write Tallica Sux on his shirt. But he didn't have a name until until John Borg saw the sketch and called him Sparky.

#7425 7 years ago

Here are the new request numbers for the LE/PREM:

490 Battery
605 Blackened
716 Creeping Death
787 Enter Sandman
860 Fade to Black
914 For Whom the Bell Tolls
953 Fuel
1012 Master of Puppets
1080 One
1213 Ride the Lightning
1295 Sad But True
1365 Seek and Destroy
1443 End of the Line
1508 The Unforgiven

#7426 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

There's an interview on coast2coast with dirty Donny and he tells the story of naming sparky.
The basic jist was...Dirty Donny was hanging out with James Hetfield when he sketched the character for the first time. Hetfield liked it and told him to write Tallica Sux on his shirt. But he didn't have a name until until John Borg saw the sketch and called him Sparky.

Why is he being electrocuted?

#7427 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

He likes it and keeps asking me to do it again, PLEASE!

#7428 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Quoted from newpinbin:

No one has been able to tell you? Just listen to the lyrics. ;P
Metallica - Ride the lightning:
"Guilty as charged
But damn it, it ain't right
There's someone else controlling me
Death in the air
Strapped in the electric chair
This can't be happening to me
Who made you God to say?
I'll take your life from you
Flash before my eyes
Now it's time to die
Burning in my brain
I can feel the flames
Wait for the sign
To flick the switch of death
It's the beginning of the end
Sweat, chilling cold
As I watch death unfold
Consciousness my only friend
My fingers grip with fear
What am I doing here?
Flash before my eyes
Now it's time to die
Burning in my brain
I can feel the flames
Someone help me
Oh please, God help me
They're trying to take it all away
I don't want to die
(SOLO)
Someone help me
Oh please, God help me
They are trying to take it all away
I don't want to die
Time moving slow
The minutes seem like hours
The final curtain call I see
Im through with this
Just get it over with
If this is true, just let it be
Wakened by a horrid scream
Freed from this frightening dream
Flash before my eyes
Now it's time to die
Burning in my brain
I can feel the flames"

#7429 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Ride the lightning is about being put to death by electric chair

#7430 7 years ago

Plus, Sparky just likes the smell of BBQ!

#7431 7 years ago

A Gary Stern Sparky mod would be cool

#7432 7 years ago

For those of you with a pro, can you backhand the snake from the right flipper? I tried a bunch of times last night, but I can't seem to hit that shot. I can backhand the graveyard targets no problem.

#7433 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you with a pro, can you backhand the snake from the right flipper? I tried a bunch of times last night, but I can't seem to hit that shot. I can backhand the graveyard targets no problem.

I can. Not every time, but fairly consistent. It kind of bounces off of the captive ball and then into the snake.

#7434 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I can. Not every time, but fairly consistent. It kind of bounces off of the captive ball and then into the snake.

I was going for the direct shot. Next time I'll try ricocheting off the captive ball to see if I have better success.

#7435 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was going for the direct shot. Next time I'll try ricocheting off the captive ball to see if I have better success.

Yes, with a ricochet off the edge of the captive ball.

#7436 7 years ago

New club member. I have spent the last 4 days reading...some skimming... of this thread from the beginning. I am happy to say I received my Met Pro LED today and couldn't be happier. Like many it seams, this is my first NIB machine and it still feels like a dream! I have many mods in the mail already and look forward to adding to the community of upstanding metal heads and ignoring the ones that aren't...
-Jim

2016-07-01_15.15.40_(resized).jpg2016-07-01_15.15.40_(resized).jpg

2016-07-01_16.49.30_(resized).jpg2016-07-01_16.49.30_(resized).jpg

#7437 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yes, with a ricochet off the edge of the captive ball.

It's especially easy if the ball is rolling back down the flipper.

#7438 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

I have many mods in the mail

Just get the pinbits sparky extnded plastic and kick that games ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7439 7 years ago

Oh, and hook up a subwoffer!

#7440 7 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Just get the pinbits sparky extnded plastic and kick that games ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got that! Mylar for the magnets and fangs, mouth sticker and body for a proper snake.
-Jim

#7441 7 years ago

Got it!! Have the Polk sub, sparky protector, eyeball sticker, Mylar magnet protectors, fangs, under cab lights, tongue sticker cemetery arch and shooter lane cliffys before the first ball launched. Oh and I added a couple color LED's.

#7442 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

New club member. I have spent the last 4 days reading...some skimming... of this thread from the beginning. I am happy to say I received my Met Pro LED today and couldn't be happier. Like many it seams, this is my first NIB machine and it still feels like a dream! I have many mods in the mail already and look forward to adding to the community of upstanding metal heads and ignoring the ones that aren't...
-Jim

Congrats. May I suggest my LED Leg Light-Ups and Beatmasters shooter housing light up. You'll see your game in a whole new light with them on. Enjoy your new game.

#7443 7 years ago

I have the Mezelmods snake fangs and they want to rotate to the left instead of staying in place. I installed them by loosing the screw in the top of the mouth inserted the fangs and tightened the screw back down. I can wiggle them a little side to side and when your playing they will rotate to the left. I don't see how to tighten them down any more as the screw is already tight. Has anyone else had this issue?

#7444 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I have the Mezelmods snake fangs and they want to rotate to the left instead of staying in place. I installed them by loosing the screw in the top of the mouth inserted the fangs and tightened the screw back down. I can wiggle them a little side to side and when your playing they will rotate to the left. I don't see how to tighten them down any more as the screw is already tight. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have not had that issue, but I do remember I had to do a lot more than that IIRC to install them. It was a long time ago so I don't recall the details of the install.

#7445 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Mine are not loose like yours to where they will rotate on their own. However, I can move them around if I push on them but they will stay centered. Maybe put a little shim of sorts in there with them? A small piece of electrical tape on top of the fangs to take up some of the space maybe to tighten them up? Just thinkin out loud haha.

#7446 7 years ago

So I know this has been covered over and over in this thread but its so dang huge at this point its hard to navigate haha. BUT.....I'm having bounce back issues with the post that pops up on the orbit. I know the best solution is to order/install the metal post from Marco but in the meantime is there an adjustment I can make to aid in less bounce backs? Maybe increase pitch? Decrease pitch? Otherwise this game is amazing!!

BTW anybody who DOES NOT have the Polk psw10 hooked up to Metallica is seriously missing out! Wow just wow. MET and my BSD share the same sub and both of these pins are crazy with some bass. Took me long enough to get a sub lolol. (bought it just yesterday over at FRY's)

#7447 7 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Just get the Pinbits sparky extended plastic and kick that games ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this set include the extended sparky protector?

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_74&products_id=562&zenid=f26cba9ba8f158d87f7942119ce9b0a0

#7448 7 years ago

Yup! It even says clear sparky protector included but not shown. GTG

#7449 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

So I know this has been covered over and over in this thread but its so dang huge at this point its hard to navigate haha. BUT.....I'm having bounce back issues with the post that pops up on the orbit. I know the best solution is to order/install the metal post from Marco but in the meantime is there an adjustment I can make to aid in less bounce backs? Maybe increase pitch? Decrease pitch? Otherwise this game is amazing!!

Mine bounces back so hard its almost like a sling. Guess I'll order the metal one Tuesday. Just so I understand the intended action; the ball goes up the left loop and hits the post, then the post lowers and the ball should dribble down into the bumpers, correct?
-Jim

#7450 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Mine bounces back so hard its almost like a sling. Guess I'll order the metal one Tuesday. Just so I understand the intended action; the ball goes up the left loop and hits the post, then the post lowers and the ball should dribble down into the bumpers, correct?
-Jim

That is correct.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.