IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 433.
#7301 7 years ago

Over 1000 plays now

20160527_085419_(resized).jpg20160527_085419_(resized).jpg

#7302 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Over 1000 plays now

What? No side art panels?
But seriously the playfield looks great.

#7303 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What? No side art panels?
But seriously the playfield looks great.

Just keeping it stock, don't have anymore money to put into it. Best pin I have ever played!

#7304 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Over 1000 plays now

I wouldn't use that cleaner wax on a pin if I were you. It isn't just wax, there's an abrasive material in there.
I use mothers step 3. It's 100% carnuba wax. The cans look virtually identical

#7305 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I wouldn't use that cleaner wax on a pin if I were you. It isn't just wax, there's an abrasive material in there.
I use mothers step 3. It's 100% carnuba wax. The cans look virtually identical

Didn't know that. Will have to change it.

#7306 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Didn't know that. Will have to change it.

I bought that same cleaner wax on accident. It still works great on my car.
Here's a pic of the stuff you want.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7307 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I bought that same cleaner wax on accident. It still works great on my car.
Here's a pic of the stuff you want.

Not going to use it anymore. But for the few times I did, the playfield came out great!

#7308 7 years ago

Anyone have a fluorescent green fuel plastic pro they didn't use.
I would be happy to $ for it .
Let me know .

#7309 7 years ago

Getting phantom snake hits and the error "snake jaw can't close" on my premium. I think the snake jaw has had the error since I got the game; phantom hits are new. Anyone had similar issues/advice on where to start?

#7310 7 years ago

Just posted a new GC score - love this pin!!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7311 7 years ago

This has to be the best fan club thread of all pinball time.
Endless flow of mods keep popping up. So much enthusiasm for the pin.
-mof

#7312 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

This has to be the best fan club thread of all pinball time.
Endless flow of mods keep popping up. So much enthusiasm for the pin.
-mof

This is a strong club, but tron has a crazy following.

#7313 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This is a strong club, but tron has a crazy following.

TRON's a great game, but it's fans dress funny
tron-guy_(resized).jpgtron-guy_(resized).jpg

#7314 7 years ago

Anyone get a NIB Met Pro of a more recent run? Built within the last few months? I'm wanting to pull the trigger on a NIB Met Pro but keep hearing about playfield issues on other threads, not just MET but other pins like GB as well. Clearcoat issues, inserts lifting from the clear coat etc... Any advice or thoughts here would be appreciated! Before anyone suggests getting a used one - yes I've looked for awhile, none have popped up near me, I want the Pro LED version.

#7315 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Anyone get a NIB Met Pro of a more recent run? Built within the last few months? I'm wanting to pull the trigger on a NIB Met Pro but keep hearing about playfield issues on other threads, not just MET but other pins like GB as well. Clearcoat issues, inserts lifting from the clear coat etc... Any advice or thoughts here would be appreciated! Before anyone suggests getting a used one - yes I've looked for awhile, none have popped up near me, I want the Pro LED version.

Just got mine in May, no issues at all. I've been playing non-stop, one of the best games of all time.

#7316 7 years ago

Metallica really does have one of the better owners groups. So many great mods for one of the best pins ever. It never gets old.

#7317 7 years ago

That is a killer coffin Mod! Just installed Eyeballs on mine but now... I envy the skull! Sticker will eventually wear off.....

#7318 7 years ago

Where are you located?

#7319 7 years ago

Mother's Carnauba Cleaner Wax is perfectly fine, if you are restoring a game during a shop out.
In fact, it is really a good base coat after Novus.
If a person wants to disagree about Novus, understand its proper use, or use diluted Simple Green or other non-ammoniated product, if the dirt is not leaving major ball trails.
After the "once over", you switch the the Mother's "Ultimate" Step 3 for the rest of the game's life.
Use chamois to buff, not paper towels, and preferred over terry cloth, before a sheep pad on a power drill.
I have used these products for years, and I prefer them over many other waxes and protectants I have tried and used for comparison.
Mother's gives a durable coating for CLEAR COATED playfields, versus "really shiny but lasts 10 games".
Be very careful about using Mother's with "Tuff Coat" lacquered playfields, and do not let the wax harden to white consistency as you may remove paint with the coating.

No cleaner wax should be needed for a NIB home use purchased game.
After waxing, inspect the balls, and replace/polish if necessary.
No point in undermining your work.

Separate NOTE: I wonder if the Tron fan wears his body stocking and foam helmet to bed?

#7320 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

TRON's a great game, but it's fans dress funny

He's so cute yet will feel no shame taking his lunch money for my next MET mod.

#7321 7 years ago

That Tron fella is so cute I want to take his lunch money for my next MET mod.

#7322 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Mother's Carnauba Cleaner Wax is perfectly fine, if you are restoring a game during a shop out.
In fact, it is really a good base coat after Novus.
If a person wants to disagree about Novus, understand its proper use, or use diluted Simple Green or other non-ammoniated product, if the dirt is not leaving major ball trails.

After reading Vid's guide on Playfield waxing. I'm a fan of Blitz & Naptha to clean machine. I did a quick job on my MET this morning before work and was amazed by how awesome things look.

#7324 7 years ago

Damn Encom.

#7325 7 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

After reading Vid's guide on Playfield waxing. I'm a fan of Blitz & Naptha to clean machine. I did a quick job on my MET this morning before work and was amazed by how awesome things look.

Blitz and Naphtha do work very well.
As mentioned, it depends on the severity of the cleaning needed on the playfield.
Owners need to adjust the cleaning agents to fit the job.
Nothing is "universal", as games of different eras do not have the same types of playfield coatings, and age is also a consideration.
I don't use Naphtha or things like "Wildcat" on my Fireball for good reason.

#7326 7 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Just posted a new GC score - love this pin!!

Became "Fade to Black" champion with over 115 Million. It was the first time I beat that mode. How good is that score? Just curious...

#7327 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Just got mine in May, no issues at all. I've been playing non-stop, one of the best games of all time.

What does it show for the manufacturing date on the sticker on the cab?

#7328 7 years ago

Picked up my NIB Met Pro in late May. Same deal, was looking to buy used but nothing readily available that made $ sense to me, plus my retailer had one in stock and I was worried with the Stern delays recently that I wouldn't get one until the fall if I didn't pull the trigger now.

Initially I was put off by all the crazing on the inserts on my playfield, but it seems like this is very common and you do get used to it. I also had issues with my clearcoat chipping off of the drain hole after less than a week of home play which was *not* cool at all. I made a thread if you haven't seen it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-my-nib-metallica-pro-playfield-defective

If you get one, protect the drain hole, shooter lane, around the magnets, under the ramp drops, and the Mystery hole before you play a single game if you are fussy about stuff like this. Stern's current clearcoat does not hold up at all anywhere there is anything but a flat surface.

The game itself is amazing! Full adrenaline rush and always makes you feel like you left points on the table everytime you finish. So I'd say go for it if you're so inclined, but wear protection!

#7329 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Picked up my NIB Met Pro in late May. Same deal, was looking to buy used but nothing readily available that made $ sense to me, plus my retailer had one in stock and I was worried with the Stern delays recently that I wouldn't get one until the fall if I didn't pull the trigger now.
Initially I was put off by all the crazing on the inserts on my playfield, but it seems like this is very common and you do get used to it. I also had issues with my clearcoat chipping off of the drain hole after less than a week of home play which was *not* cool at all. I made a thread if you haven't seen it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-my-nib-metallica-pro-playfield-defective
If you get one, protect the drain hole, shooter lane, around the magnets, under the ramp drops, and the Mystery hole before you play a single game if you are fussy about stuff like this. Stern's current clearcoat does not hold up at all anywhere there is anything but a flat surface.
The game itself is amazing! Full adrenaline rush and always makes you feel like you left points on the table everytime you finish. So I'd say go for it if you're so inclined, but wear protection!

Yea, I read through that thread before. That was the one that got me a little worried to purchase one of the current NIB Met Pros. I know distributors got more of them, I've called a couple. I would have pulled the trigger on one if it wasn't for these clearcoat issues. The Star Trek Pro I used to own had zero playfield issues, it was perfect the entire time I owned it.

#7330 7 years ago

Yea, I read through that thread before. That was the one that got me a little worried to purchase one of the current NIB Met Pros. I know distributors got more of them, I've called a couple. I would have pulled the trigger on one if it wasn't for these clearcoat issues. The Star Trek Pro I used to own had zero playfield issues, it was perfect the entire time I owned it.

Yeah, welcome to the Stern NIB "lottery"...

Any chance you could inspect the game before you buy at the distributor?

#7331 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah, welcome to the Stern NIB "lottery"...
Any chance you could inspect the game before you buy at the distributor?

I don't think so. It would be shipped to me. I could probably make me peace with the crazing, but the clearcoat chipping really worries me.

#7332 7 years ago

I don't think so. It would be shipped to me. I could probably make me peace with the crazing, but the clearcoat chipping really worries me.

Others who have had similar chipping issues claim that applying mylar stops it / prevents it. But if it would bother you a lot, you're probably better off finding a used game where you can see it doesn't have the chipping issues before you buy.

#7333 7 years ago

Go to you local distributor, if feasible, and play a floor model on display.
Buy that exact game, if you like it, and take it home.
It essentially will be a HUO game.
If you cannot transport it, have the distributor set up the shipping for you.
Let cash, do the talking, if the distributor does not want to sell the floor model.
You should be able to even get it a slightly reduced price.
Trust me, it works.

"Follow the yellow brick road to success."

#7334 7 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Became "Fade to Black" champion with over 115 Million. It was the first time I beat that mode. How good is that score? Just curious...

About average for completing it, you can really ramp up the score if you a) don't collect at earliest opportunity and b) really try and get the 2x playfield going, especially for the collect.

My best ever is 230mil

#7335 7 years ago

What does it show for the manufacturing date on the sticker on the cab?

April 2016

#7336 7 years ago

Need help installing the magnet control board. Where is this located?

20160621_185647-2_(resized).jpg20160621_185647-2_(resized).jpg

#7337 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Can't you find one that looks like it?

#7338 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I dont have a premium, but i believe the board is mounted under the playfield.

Game off
Glass off
Remove balls
Fully raise up playfield to vertical position
Find board
Take lots of pictures of all connectors to the existing board
When you think you have enough pics, take some more.
Systematically remove connectors from old board and put in corresponding spot on new board.
Remove old board from playfield.
Install new board in its place.
Double and triple check wires with pictures
Lower play field back down.
Turn on game and test.
Install balls back in
Glass on

#7339 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I dont have a premium, but i believe the board is mounted under the playfield.
Game off
Glass off
Remove balls
Fully raise up playfield to vertical position
Find board
Take lots of pictures of all connectors to the existing board
When you think you have enough pics, take some more.
Systematically remove connectors from old board and put in corresponding spot on new board.
Remove old board from playfield.
Install new board in its place.
Double and triple check wires with pictures
Lower play field back down.
Turn on game and test.
Install balls back in
Glass on

Ok you lost me at glass off

#7340 7 years ago

Ok, everyone relax. This board has been installed along with the washers which address the coffin issue.

20160622_073526_(resized).jpg20160622_073526_(resized).jpg

#7341 7 years ago

You guys keep the glass on?

I thought it was just a precaution for shipping.

#7342 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I reinstall the glass after playing for the night (it keeps the dust off of the playfield

#7343 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

and it keeps the air balls from flying out. You know how hard it is to find them when they fly out, they tend to roll all over the place.

#7344 7 years ago

I wonder if my scores would suffer if I started using the flippers.

#7345 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Ok, everyone relax. This board has been installed along with the washers which address the coffin issue.

Awesome.

For the record i wasnt being sarcastic in my verbose instructions. You are new to pinside so i was verbose on purpose. Hope i didnt offend.

Glad you got it replaced.

#7346 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I wonder if my scores would suffer if I started using the flippers.

That might help.

#7347 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Awesome.
For the record i wasnt being sarcastic in my verbose instructions. You are new to pinside so i was verbose on purpose. Hope i didnt offend.
Glad you got it replaced.

All good. These are the washers I used. Only needed one on each side.

#7348 7 years ago

20160622_070831_(resized).jpg20160622_070831_(resized).jpg

#7349 7 years ago

Thx new pin, cheapest "mod" yet. My coffin is frequently having same issue.

#7350 7 years ago

This is where the washers go. Pic was provided to me by ROB "SomeCaliGuy".

b682d0f8272b031977eb6db8ee24f5246bf58792_(resized).jpgb682d0f8272b031977eb6db8ee24f5246bf58792_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.