IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 433.
#7151 7 years ago

Got mine March 2015. Probably thousands of plays. I did put this Mylar circle over it from the beginning though.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7152 7 years ago

Welcome chubtoad! You might want to consider griding down that core and remylaring.

#7154 7 years ago

How do you display instant info during gameplay?

#7155 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How do you display instant info during gameplay?

Hold a flipper in until it is displayed.

#7156 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hold a flipper in until it is displayed.

What version are you playing? Nothing happens when I do this.

#7157 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

It's not exactly "instant info" as one might think. You need to hold a flipper and give it a few seconds then you can let it scroll through all the info or if you're like me, you'll use the other flipper to flip through all of the info screens while still holding first flipper. For a quicker look. Hope that helps

#7158 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

It's not exactly "instant info" as one might think. You need to hold a flipper and give it a few seconds then you can let it scroll through all the info or if you're like me, you'll use the other flipper to flip through all of the info screens while still holding first flipper. For a quicker look. Hope that helps

Just tried it and it works.

#7159 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just tried it and it works.

Thanks

#7160 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

For reference purposes, this has been a standard on *most* DMD style games since 1991.
Some games you do not even need to hold the flipper up or have the ball in play, as it will do it automatically if the game is "waiting".
Other games you use the flippers with hold and "scroll" for instant information.
Many games actually tell you to "hold for instant info" if the screen is watched, but not many generally wait for that moment.
Some games do the same thing in attract mode.
A few manufacturers had some excluded with coding, but not many.
This feature was also included in some alpha numeric games as well in the late 80s, using the same principles.

Useful when trying to reach "wizard modes".

#7161 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

For reference purposes, this has been a standard on *most* DMD style games since 1991.
A few manufacturers had some excluded with coding, but not many.
This feature was also included in some alpha numeric games as well in the late 80s.
Useful when trying to reach "wizard modes".

Thanks for the info, I'm still new to this.

#7162 7 years ago

Thought about this today...Would you guys consider Metallica a "deep" game? Seems about average to me, but then again, I don't get very far in most games..

#7163 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Thought about this today...Would you guys consider Metallica a "deep" game? Seems about average to me, but then again, I don't get very far in most games..

Middle of the road. Has multiple strategies to score points.. but the complexity comes from timing/stacking vs 'more things to do' I think. Crank it up obviously is the heavy hitter in points, plus we have timed multiplers, multiple multiballs. A bit more diverse than TRON is.

#7164 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Middle of the road. A bit more diverse than TRON is.

It's actually a good description of the game overall... everything is well balanced, ball times and code depth are neither long nor short, and, I'd lean toward "broad" to describe the rules, with lots of risk/reward I don't see in other games. Definitely more to it than TRON.

#7165 7 years ago

Greetings all.

I have landed a NIB Metallica in Toronto...it's their last one.

For the last few days I have been torn between Metallica and Ghostbusters. Last night I took my wife out for pinball and the Metallica and GB cabs were side by each. While I really enjoy the rule set for Metallica, I could not stop looking at the GB pin when it was being played, and my wife enjoyed the GB over Metallica strictly for theme. Buying both is not an option so it REALLY leaves me TORN!!!!

So here is my question...when you are struggling between choosing one of two pins, what wins over for you for the deciding factor? For me it seems to have been that I feel Metallica has a solid rule set and I know very little about GB as a comparative. GB is just so new but when you look at it you can't help but think it's a very deep game.

I feel like I should stick with Metallica, with the hopes of landing a GB in a couple years after they work out the kinks. I am seeing a few concerns about the right ramp on GB pro, but gosh when I look at this pin, I think to myself..."how can that pin not be amazing."

I have seen a lot of great comments about the Metallica rule set and that's why I picked it....but theme and appearance wise GB would be a home run for my house.

This almost sounds like a what do I do question doesn't it?

#7166 7 years ago
Quoted from mojomania:

Greetings all.
For the last few days I have been torn between Metallica and Ghostbusters. Last night I took my wife out for pinball and the Metallica and GB cabs were side by each. While I really enjoy the rule set for Metallica, I could not stop looking at the GB pin when it was being played, and my wife enjoyed the GB over Metallica strictly for theme. Buying both is not an option so it REALLY leaves me TORN!!!!
So here is my question...when you are struggling between choosing one of two pins, what wins over for you for the deciding factor? For me it seems to have been that I feel Metallica has a solid rule set and I know very little about GB as a comparative. GB is just so new but when you look at it you can't help but think it's a very deep game.
I feel like I should stick with Metallica, with the hopes of landing a GB in a couple years after they work out the kinks. I am seeing a few concerns about the right ramp on GB pro, but gosh when I look at this pin, I think to myself..."how can that pin not be amazing."
I have seen a lot of great comments about the Metallica rule set and that's why I picked it....but theme and appearance wise GB would be a home run for my house.

MET is much more of a beginner friendly pin with plenty to keep the more experienced player from getting bored, FWIW I just went through the same thing as you and opted to go MET now with the thought that I'd be able to get a GB down the road, if/when I tire of Met.

#7167 7 years ago

That being said I don't think you can go wrong with either.

#7168 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Help me out folks,
I have a pretty good buzz coming from my right flipper , never been there before. It's an original pro 2013.
What should I look at , adjust or replace ?

I just got done doing what Lloyd has recommended for years and it worked like a charm. Remove the coil stop and grind it flat. It doesn't take a lot of filing. File the edges of the coil stop until you see you're removing material from the center of the coil stop and stop. When I removed mine, the coil stop had what appeared to be a raised exterior. Instead of the coil stop being completely flat, it looked like a bowl. I filed the perimeter of the coil stop down to meet the center of the coil stop and reinstalled. No hum, and I think it took about 15 minutes from start to finish.

#7169 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That being said I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Yes I agree. They are just two very different games. The ramp design I think is one thing that definitely makes Metallica more player friendly. My wife is not a die hard player, but she definitely noted that she had an easier time on the Metallica pin.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

#7170 7 years ago
Quoted from mojomania:

Greetings all.

A few thoughts from being a collector, being a MET owner, a GB onlooker and a local GTA'er

1) GB while gorgeous with art and a dream theme (for me at least) does not capture me yet. The ruleset while decent, is very lopsided in scoring. It is also a drain monster. With being in a home environment, this may become more frustrating than fun. So to me, the better choice for a new purchase is Met.

2) The met that you have landed, is NOT the last one. They are still being made, and can be found for sale from other collectors all the time. With the way the market is going, it wont be hard to find either later on, if you decide you want to swap or have both at that point.

3) I think it comes down to having more game time, and with that said, you need to have game time on a dialed in game, rather than a showroom model. If you can find a collector willing to let you play, do so.

3.5) With that said, I dont have GB, but I do have a Metallica and you are more than welcome to come throw some games on it. You will also see what else there is that is no longer nib, but may tickle your fancy. Im home today if you happen to see this in time.

4) I have sent you a PM, call me if you have any questions and I am happy to help you out.

have fun flipping!!

#7171 7 years ago

Met pro is one the best overall stern pins ever... it checks off about every category . Gb hype is crazy and is starting to settle down and people realizing its not the holy grail to end all pinball lol. Met is a proven winner over 3 or so years and is still being made for a reason.

#7172 7 years ago

This is great information...and big thanks to meejis who can;t be more than 30 minutes from my house. Wasn't expecting anyone to say "fellow GTA'er". haha

#7173 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Met pro is one the best overall stern pins ever... it checks off about every category . Gb hype is crazy and is starting to settle down and people realizing its not the holy grail to end all pinball lol. Met is a proven winner over 3 or so years and is still being made for a reason.

I think you hit the bulls-eye with this sentiment. This GB craze needs to play out. Should be fun to watch this one evolve....or not evolve. I for one hope this one can stand out in the end.

#7174 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Met pro is one the best overall stern pins ever... it checks off about every category . Gb hype is crazy and is starting to settle down and people realizing its not the holy grail to end all pinball lol.

You mean like every other new pin release??

Can someone look at their MET and on the right most rollover at the top. The bottom post, does it just have a rubber ring on the plastic, or is it a small ring spanning to the metal post just below it?

Trying to figure out if this band is factory, or if someone did it to try to stop ball traps. On mine, its a small band between the red rollover lane post and the metal post below it. Which of course.. isn't in the manual either way.. and the titian band I ordered is too big. ugh

#7175 7 years ago

Mine is a ring spanning to the post below it. Came that way NIB.

IMG_20160529_122322309_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_122322309_(resized).jpg

#7176 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine is a ring spanning to the post below it. Came that way NIB.

Yup mine too. But removing that post I think you would get some crazy crazy pop action. I may have to try that sometime to see what happens.

#7177 7 years ago

Factory here is a spanner too.

1464539869251269315870_(resized).jpg1464539869251269315870_(resized).jpg

#7178 7 years ago

20160528_163040_(resized).jpg20160528_163040_(resized).jpg

#7179 7 years ago

Thank you guys for confirming the post rubber!

Ive tried to address the horrible stern manual when it comes to a rubber chart by mapping out the rubbers and building a color map.

Check out this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-improved-stern-metallica-pro-rubber-chart

I'll update with photos tonight

I've done the same with LEDs too. I'll make that post tonight

#7180 7 years ago

So, I love the pingraffix snake ramp mod, but it's been bugging me that I have to too toe to see the rollover inserts and my son can't see them at all. No way am I losing the snake mod, so I rigged up a mirror to enable us to see the inserts. I think I like it here, it doesn't block anything, and it makes it nice and easy to see which inserts are lot. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions to make it look better, or has done this differently.

IMG_20160530_213223882_(resized).jpgIMG_20160530_213223882_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160530_213216617_(resized).jpgIMG_20160530_213216617_(resized).jpg

#7181 7 years ago

Cool idea...where there's a will there's a way.

#7182 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, I love the pingraffix snake ramp mod

Did you make the extra 3-d body ya got on there? Mirror is a good idea but it's lacking aesthetically. Maybee tie some lights into the lane indicator. I've got a skull where your mirror is. Right eye = right lane... Just throwing it out there..

#7183 7 years ago

A small piece of acrylic mirror sheet would also fit well, only as high as bottom of the ramp and wide as the three rollovers.

#7184 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, I love the pingraffix snake ramp mod, but it's been bugging me that I have to too toe to see the rollover inserts and my son can't see them at all. No way am I losing the snake mod, so I rigged up a mirror to enable us to see the inserts. I think I like it here, it doesn't block anything, and it makes it nice and easy to see which inserts are lot. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions to make it look better, or has done this differently.

Looks like you far left lane light is out. This must be a common problem as mine is also out and will occasionally flicker.

#7185 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Did you make the extra 3-d body ya got on there? Mirror is a good idea but it's lacking aesthetically. Maybee tie some lights into the lane indicator. I've got a skull where your mirror is. Right eye = right lane... Just throwing it out there..

3d body is from pingraffix. I agree with the mirror not looking great, got a pic of your skull? Sounds like a good idea.

#7186 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Looks like you far left lane light is out. This must be a common problem as mine is also out and will occasionally flicker.

HUh, didn't even notice that bulb is out. First bulb I will have to change on this game.

#7187 7 years ago

I just put it there to cover that screw from the post. Got it off eBay.. Popped it off and put a tape to it looks like 1 1/4 inch tall by 1 3/4 deep. Brackets something I banged outta some tin laying around. Not sure if I can find the listing as I bought it over a year ago. I'll pm what I dig up.

#7188 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Nice solution. Looking at it more, it seems possible to mirror the first section of snake behind the head to avoid blocking the lane (resulting in more decal on the ramp), although it would cover the words "Feed Snake When Flashing". No perfect solution here... but the textured snake mod looks great.

#7189 7 years ago

I like the idea. have you thought about simply using a mirrorized decal and affixing it to the inside of ramp side wall? it may not give you a perfect image, but should be clear enough to see the lane inserts (albeit a bit distorted from the curvature of the ramp)

#7190 7 years ago

I'm not getting rid of my snake ramp MOD neither even tho I have to lean up a bit to see the lanes up there as to which ones are lit or not. The mirror is a good idea but doesn't fit well....does the trick tho. I was hoping MEZEL MODS could do something similar to their PKE lit clear stand ups for the back of GB games....does what it's supposed to.

#7191 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

HUh, didn't even notice that bulb is out. First bulb I will have to change on this game.

Mine was out to (LED) but I was able to push it back in and it worked without having to replace it. Sometimes it goes off and on.

#7192 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Mine was out to (LED) but I was able to push it back in and it worked without having to replace it. Sometimes it goes off and on.

Yep, removed the rollover divider thingy and tweaked the socket...all good.

#7193 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep, removed the rollover divider thingy and tweaked the socket...all good.

Yours must be the LED bulb then also. Mine still turns off and on.

#7194 7 years ago

I have one Metallica LED Insert Mod ready to ship out today! PM me to order!MET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpg

#7195 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Yours must be the LED bulb then also. Mine still turns off and on.

If its flickering or turning on/off its still a connection issue

#7196 7 years ago

A while back someone posted that they could easily determine which lanes were lit with no modification and I tried it and it works. If you look closely the left lane is still visible. The right lane will reflect off of the metal post directly above the insert. Once you know what to look for it's pretty easy to tell which lane is lit.

And a mod is available for GB lanes? Wow, who needs that? There is a curved plastic back there for that very reason. To reflect the inserts back to the player, ala TOM.

#7197 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

If its flickering or turning on/off its still a connection issue

I think its due to the plastic protector not working very well. Each time the ball hits the plastic lane, it then touch/pushes on the light.

#7198 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I think its due to the plastic protector not working very well. Each time the ball hits the plastic lane, it then touch/pushes on the light.

Which means the bulb isn't in tight enough, there's a few tricks to get to stay in tighter. I'm sure someone can chime in with a way to fix permanently.

#7199 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When I set up my NIB Pro last week ( ) one of Fuel gauge insert lights was intermittent. I ended up fixing it by pushing a metal scraper blade into the slots on the back of the socket where the wires go to push them in a little tighter (power off, of course). That fixed it.

Those fast connect sockets Stern is using these days remind me of the fast connect light-switches in my house that I've had to gradually replace due to connection failures over the years. I worry about their ability to standup to vibration over time.

#7200 7 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

I have one Metallica LED Insert Mod ready to ship out today! PM me to order!

Those look really nice. If I wanted to color match the inserts for each type (snake, cross, switch) to these, what led bulbs for the Pro inserts would be a good match for the colors you used?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.