IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 433.
#7101 7 years ago

I got my second Metallica in yesterday.

20160518_112118_(resized).jpg20160518_112118_(resized).jpg

#7102 7 years ago

Look! He's hoarding NIB games!!
I see a GB back there too!!
The secrets to Sterns issues solved!
Quick - get the torches and rope!

#7103 7 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I got my second Metallica in yesterday.

OH NO!!! You gotta send that Met back........the box has a hole in it.

#7104 7 years ago

New owner here. The best rules I found so far is here: http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/.

Quick question. The left orbit shot always seems to bounce back when I hit it. Is the rules you have to hit a ramp first to open the post?

#7105 7 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

Quick question. The left orbit shot always seems to bounce back when I hit it. Is the rules you have to hit a ramp first to open the post?

When the left orbit is hit, it should hit the up post and then trickle into the bumpers during standard play. Many people (myself included) have switched out the standard plastic post for a metal post (the details are in this thread somewhere), this solves the problem of the ball bouncing off the post and then coming back down the left orbit.

The post does not stop divert into the bumpers when:
a) the right ramp has been hit and the left orbit is lit for a combo
b) following the left orbit hit for a combo, as above, it remains down for another chance at a combo shot
c) during 'Justice for all'
d) during some CIU modes
e) when shot is made which lights the coffin hurry up.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

#7106 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

When the left orbit is hit, it should hit the up post and then trickle into the bumpers during standard play. Many people (myself included) have switched out the standard plastic post for a metal post (the details are in this thread somewhere), this solves the problem of the ball bouncing off the post and then coming back down the left orbit.
The post does not stop divert into the bumpers when:
a) the right ramp has been hit and the left orbit is lit for a combo
b) following the left orbit hit for a combo, as above, it remains down for another chance at a combo shot
c) during 'Justice for all'
d) during some CIU modes
e) when shot is made which lights the coffin hurry up.
I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Ordered the metal post mod and some super bands. Should be g2g, thank you.

#7107 7 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

New owner here. The best rules I found so far is here: http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/.

Congrats! I see you are very close by. If I didnt own one myself, i would invite myself over to play. Haha

#7108 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Question on MET premium, I know it's been discussed but figured it would be faster to ask again than search 7000+ posts.
Some of the balls in the game are magnetized and throwing off the coffin lock. Does replacing the hammer block with a captive ball + powerball assembly (I think that's what people were doing?) prevent or just cut down on ball magnetization?
I figured between the coffin lock magnet and cross and sparky magnets, it is inevitable that the balls will get magnetized after a while.
Also is there a multiball that is most beneficial to stack with Coffin? I usually just shoot for whatever one is closest to activating before the coffin multiball ball save runs out.

Use the correct type of pinballs. Don't use silverjets or other balls prone to holding magnetism.

Replacing the coffin block is not related to magnetism.

#7109 7 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

Great rules info - thanks!

In addition to the info available at Tilt Forums, and PAPA's tutorial with Bowen Kerins, I've found the informational MET streams by McSirTuna on Twitch to be particularly helpful in learning (and seeing) the finer points of its rules/gameplay.

#7110 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Great rules info - thanks!
In addition to the info available at Tilt Forums, and PAPA's tutorial with Bowen Kerins, I've found the informational MET streams by McSirTuna on Twitch to be particularly helpful in learning (and seeing) the finer points of its rules/gameplay.

are you referring to yourself? if so, unless you're jimmy from senfield, stop it!

#7111 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

are you referring to yourself? if so, unless you're jimmy from senfield, stop it!

Members of the same Tuna username clan, but no direct relation.

#7112 7 years ago

I don't want to overly pump my stuff, but only because I've just dropped a major code update I will put one last plug for my Metallica light kit here. There may be a bunch of Met Pro owners who don't follow the modding threads.

Put the Premium/LE (plus extras) GI tri-colour lightshow in your Met Pro with Total Lightshow. All the GI colour effects are here, as closely matched as the human eye (well, my eyes anyway) can tell to the factory Premium show.

Reasonably short video showing the stacking of a lot of the effects..

Very long video of a ten-ball game getting to the effects in real gameplay..

There are many more videos and product information in this thread..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo

And a bit about the recent code update in this thread..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/major-code-update-total-lightshow-metallica-pro-gi-theatre-201

Purchase at www.redshiftled.com.au

#7113 7 years ago

Looking for some pics with sparky lcd tv mod i have a ride the lightning mod looking for some ideas on where to put it

#7114 7 years ago

Heres where's my lcd is.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7115 7 years ago

What does it mean when James says "Spit it out!". Or that is what it sounds like...

Rob

#7116 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Heres where's my lcd is.

Yup, that's where mine is too and with some effort a double spot light fits behind it and you can't even see it from the players position.

#7117 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Looking for some pics with sparky lcd tv mod i have a ride the lightning mod looking for some ideas on where to put it

Here's a pic of the MET I took to PAGG last year with 6 different MDM's installed for Demo purposes. Any of those six locations work, but on a few, you would need to use a taller spacer and/or move the bracket to the other side. I'm not sure how the RTL mod would interfere with any of these locations.

MET_Demo2_(resized).JPGMET_Demo2_(resized).JPG

#7118 7 years ago

Finally got my game Monday! Big thanks to John Dayhuff for helping me lug it down my basement.

IMG_1010_(resized).JPGIMG_1010_(resized).JPG

IMG_1011_(resized).JPGIMG_1011_(resized).JPG

IMG_1012_(resized).JPGIMG_1012_(resized).JPG

IMG_1016_(resized).JPGIMG_1016_(resized).JPG

IMG_1017_(resized).JPGIMG_1017_(resized).JPG

#7119 7 years ago

Hi everyone, I am taking orders for my next round of Metallica LED Insert Mods. I have a limited number of supplies to build roughly 10 kits on a first come, first serve basis. Shoot me a PM to order! $35 with free Continental U.S. shipping.

Here is a link to the original thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-led-insert-mod-cross-chair-coffin-snake-1

Thanks!MET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpgMET_Insert_Mod_CU_(resized).jpg

#7120 7 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Finally got my game Monday! Big thanks to John Dayhuff for helping me lug it down my basement.

Congrats! Finally the long wait is over.

#7121 7 years ago

Love the pics of the minty fresh MET and great w/IM wall art in the basement too!
I smelled the inside of my coin door in your honor sir!! (Did I just admit that?)

#7122 7 years ago

Advice and help needed. I have a pro that was made April 7th 2015 when Stern moved. It is known but not admitted that there was a curing issue.Stern has said that they believe that my game has normal wear for 1600 plays on my sparky magnet. I feel they are wrong. I would love to see pics of sparky magnet with more plays than mine. I have older and newer Sterns that have no issues like this. I feel Stern should be ashamed at this type of quality they put out and will not fix. They are going to send me head decals for the ones that are peeling off. I'm surprised that is not considered normal as well. Any help,pics,or advice is welcomed.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7123 7 years ago

I've completed migrating all of mike d's original macro to 1.64 for smartdmd and am now starting to work on animations that were not completed.
here's an idea of what I'm thinking for "the end of the line"

MET - the end of the lineMET - the end of the line

thoughts? comments?

#7124 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Advice and help needed. I have a pro that was made April 7th 2015 when Stern moved. It is known but not admitted that there was a curing issue.Stern has said that they believe that my game has normal wear for 1600 plays on my sparky magnet. I feel they are wrong. I would love to see pics of sparky magnet with more plays than mine. I have older and newer Sterns that have no issues like this. I feel Stern should be ashamed at this type of quality they put out and will not fix. They are going to send me head decals for the ones that are peeling off. I'm surprised that is not considered normal as well. Any help,pics,or advice is welcomed.

It looks like the magnet might be a little bit low, which I think would cause that wear with that many plays. Mine shows no wear with close to the same plays, but my magnets were adjusted by pinball refinery before I purchased the game.

#7125 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I had mine for two weeks and it started chipping off. It was worse than your picture, parts of the paint were chipping off. as big as a fingernail maybe. I don't know how to link to it, but I posted a picture in this thread on 6/6/2015 when it first started (it got worse after that). I don't know that I'd say yours is the same problem I had.

edit: Figured out how to lunk to the post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/74#post-2496528

#7126 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Unpeen the magnet core by grinding or replace the core and relevel.
Install carbon Cliffy protectors, and the damage will be unnoticeable.
Do this with both magnets.

This is the best solution, unless you want to keep pestering your distributor to see if Stern will give into a new playfield for you.
I really do not know what Stern's policy is right now due to various inquiries on this problem, as I have seen the cards flip both ways for owners. I think people may see more of your answer now, as MET production is slowly being phased out.

I cannot speak for what is worse of better either, because my personal game was built in November 2015, did not exhibit this problem, and protectors were installed before gameplay. 2500 games or so on the audits.

I can state if the magnet cores were not level from the factory when the game was received, this exact shown damage happens quickly.

#7127 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've completed migrating all of mike d's original macro to 1.64 for smartdmd and am now starting to work on animations that were not completed.
here's an idea of what I'm thinking for "the end of the line"

thoughts? comments?

Looks great

#7128 7 years ago

Thank you all. I will contact Cliffy and see if maybe the magnet is to low. I have seen worse pics, but it just sucks that there is any damage at all for a new game.

#7129 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Unpeen the magnet core by grinding or replace the core and relevel.
Install carbon Cliffy protectors, and the damage will be unnoticeable.
Do this with both magnets.
This is the best solution, unless you want to keep pestering your distributor to see if Stern will give into a new playfield for you.
I really do not know what Stern's policy is right now due to various inquiries on this problem, as I have seen the cards flip both ways for owners. I think people may see more of your answer now, as MET production is slowly being phased out.
I cannot speak for what is worse of better either, because my personal game was built in November 2015, did not exhibit this problem, and protectors were installed before gameplay. 2500 games or so on the audits.
I can state if the magnet cores were not level from the factory when the game was received, this exact shown damage happens quickly.

Is it just a few of the pro playfields that were chipping? I haven't read about a premium playfield having that problem - yet.

Rob

#7130 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Thank you all. I will contact Cliffy and see if maybe the magnet is to low. I have seen worse pics, but it just sucks that there is any damage at all for a new game.

It doesn't look too low to me. If anything the edges look like it might've been too high at one point.

#7131 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

1600 plays is not new, sorry. I would be more annoyed at the registration errors than the magnet wear, but that's just me. If this is a routed MET and that's the only issue, I think you did good.

#7132 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It doesn't look too low to me. If anything the edges look like it might've been too high at one point.

That kind of wear proves that the back side of the magnet was too low at one point. Fortunately it's minor in the scheme of things. Cover it with some kind of protector, replace or file the magnet, and it'll be good as new.

#7133 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Exactly. I think I have one of the very first runs of MET Pro, May 2013. I check my magnets every year or so for level. I'm eternally grateful to Stern for shipping the game to me with the magnets so far below the playfield, because it made me super-vigilant. Vigilance and 3 years of play will get you this:

It's a little dirty but you get the idea...

#7134 7 years ago

Just got home and checked the magnet it seems to be a little high. I'm going to work on trying to get it flush this weekend. I know with a Cliffy I will no longer see it, but the fact that it is HUO and I'm the original owner kinda rubs me the wrong way. I have older Sterns with more plays and no wear, as well as newer Stern with no wear. also my head decals are falling off. So to have payed as much as someone with none of these issues seems a little wrong not just no big deal.

#7135 7 years ago

I do appreciate all the suggestions and pics. Thank you everyone. Hopefully getting the magnet more level and a Cliffy will help. All suggestions are appreciated for I am still very new to this hobby.

#7136 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Just got home and checked the magnet it seems to be a little high. I'm going to work on trying to get it flush this weekend. I know with a Cliffy I will no longer see it, but the fact that it is HUO and I'm the original owner kinda rubs me the wrong way. I have older Sterns with more plays and no wear, as well as newer Stern with no wear. also my head decals are falling off. So to have payed as much as someone with none of these issues seems a little wrong not just no big deal.

I had to replace my head decals as well... not a hard job at all. I used the "wet" method using rapid tac and it came out great with no air bubbles. Contact your distributor and they should be able to get Stern to send you new decals.

http://rapidtac.com/rapidtac.html

#7137 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I do appreciate all the suggestions and pics. Thank you everyone. Hopefully getting the magnet more level and a Cliffy will help. All suggestions are appreciated for I am still very new to this hobby.

16 pins and new to hobby?
Magnets aside, you seem well into this hobby to me!
Nice!

#7138 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

16 pins and new to hobby?
Magnets aside, you seem well into this hobby to me!
Nice!

My thoughts exactly. Took me close to three years to get up to the 12 I have.

#7139 7 years ago

Thank you again everyone. Head decals are being sent out to me. I watched a video about the magnet adjustment , so I think I should ok. With the wet method for the decals did you use a squeegee or something else? I also did not know the sickness of this hobby could be so strong. Collection was only going to be a couple at first. Many learning curves to owning and trying to fix stuff

#7140 7 years ago

May 03, 2013 build date.

Game needs a clean, but no wear at magnet.

IMG_20160527_070650_(resized).jpgIMG_20160527_070650_(resized).jpg

#7141 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

May 03, 2013 build date.
Game needs a clean, but no wear at magnet.

How is that possible???? My game was made in March of 2016 and there are dimples everywhere. My playfield is a lot cleaner, but my magnet is worn and has dents everywhere.

#7142 7 years ago

For now I am going to use this tape to prevent the ball from jumping after hitting Sparkey which is causing a lot of the damage.

20160527_082557_(resized).jpg20160527_082557_(resized).jpg

#7143 7 years ago

A fellow pinsider makes a larger piece of plastic to cut down on the air balls from Sparky.

#7144 7 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

A fellow pinsider makes a larger piece of plastic to cut down on the air balls from Sparky.

So does pinbits

#7145 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Thank you again everyone. Head decals are being sent out to me. I watched a video about the magnet adjustment , so I think I should ok. With the wet method for the decals did you use a squeegee or something else? I also did not know the sickness of this hobby could be so strong. Collection was only going to be a couple at first. Many learning curves to owning and trying to fix stuff

Small squeegee to get the rapid tac out. Or, I have seen someone use a credit card wrapped with a tee shirt so the decals don't get scratched.

#7146 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How is that possible???? My game was made in March of 2016 and there are dimples everywhere. My playfield is a lot cleaner, but my magnet is worn and has dents everywhere.

Not sure. Never had to level from new, and it has in the thousands of plays.

Usually clean. But haven't had time recently.

#7147 7 years ago

Hi all!

I'm thrilled to join the Metallica owners club with the arrival of my NIB Met Pro yesterday!

One question I have is regarding the clarity of the clear inserts on the playfield. On my machine they are all "bubbly" with little speckles in the finish or plastic itself. I was a bit taken aback when I saw this as I expected them to be crystal clear.

Can anyone comment on whether this appears "normal" for a Metallica playfield (you can ignore the black spec that's in my camera lens)?

MysteryInsert_(resized).pngMysteryInsert_(resized).png

PopBumpersInsert_(resized).jpgPopBumpersInsert_(resized).jpg

#7148 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

You are a broken record, EVERY PLAYFIELD DIMPLES!! If someone tells you theirs hasn't they are full of shit. STEEL IS HARDER THAN WOOD! And buy the $6 sparky protector from pinbits

#7149 7 years ago

Fytr, I think its normal... The ones on my Star Trek are actually worse than the Metallica. I actually thought there was sawdust from when the playfield was cut on them or something, but then discovered it couldn't be wiped away.

You may find it much less objectionable if/when you add colored LED's. The glaring white really emphasize the mold marks and imperfections.

#7150 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

For now I am going to use this tape to prevent the ball from jumping after hitting Sparkey which is causing a lot of the damage.

I put a brick there, works great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.