IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 433.
#7051 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Finally got round to fitting EL Paper to light up the cut-out side rails.
Have even got enough left over to backlight the apron where the score cards go, just need to design/create a template now.

That looks great! Would ya mind sharing where you got the el paper and how it is installed? I would love to do that.

#7052 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Here is a video of a piston mod my brother and I had worked on that is 3D printed. Life has gotton pretty darn busy at the moment so we have stalled on it for a few. Anyhow we hooked the light up to the fuel lane so that it flashes when the lane is ready. It's easy to install too, just snaps onto the ball guide.
» YouTube video

Ask and you shall receive haha. That looks great! That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of something along those lines! The light is perfect it would really help in letting you know when the lane is ready. I'm sure if you offered a few different colors people would be all over those. I know I would

#7053 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Finally got round to fitting EL Paper to light up the cut-out side rails.
Have even got enough left over to backlight the apron where the score cards go, just need to design/create a template now.

this is on my "to do" list but I haven't found the right color green EL paper yet. where did you get yours from?

#7054 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

this is on my "to do" list but I haven't found the right color green EL paper yet. where did you get yours from?

Quoted from yzfguy:

That looks great! Would ya mind sharing where you got the el paper and how it is installed? I would love to do that.

I got mine from www.elpanelandtape.co.uk/el-panel/
They ship worldwide, but I'm sure there must be somewhere local to any of you which could provide similar.

I bought 2 x A5 with 10 solder points (although you may be able to see that it is slightly too small)
A 12v inverter which will power between 150&600 cm2
and various lengths of cables and splitters (as I literally have nothing scrap at home to use)
Total cost £76, a little pricey but I was starting from nothing (and still have enough left over to light both apron cards)

Take a 12v feed into the inverter, then solder the feed out of the inverter onto one of the 10 solder points on the paper. Job done.

Some things to point out, you will have to go with solder points rather than connectors to get a smooth, low profile finish to be able to sit behind the side rail, unless you want to countersink a hole into the side of the cabinet. Even then it probably won't work as well.

The paper can be cut into any shape whatsoever, as long as you keep a solder point (obviously). Just use sharp scissors, rather than a scalpel blade to help prevent delamination.

Measure 2, 3 or 4 times if need be and make a template until you are absolutely positive you have the correct shape and size. You can't uncut something!

Make sure you get the correctly powered inverter to cope with any additions you may want to make in the future, as they have a very specific range (moreso than for EL wire)

It really is that simple, there are so many possibilities.

#7055 7 years ago

My premium arrived saturday

#7056 7 years ago

I'm contemplating joining the club with a NIB Metallica Pro purchase. However, there are rumours that Stern is late/behind on their usual production runs and so it seems uncertain when they might next produce Metallica Pro.

For interest's sake, can someone who's recently purchased a Metallica Pro respond with the date of manufacture on their machine? Trying to date the latest production run.

Any sense here of how often Stern has been running Metallica Pros over say, the last 12 months or so?

Thx.

#7057 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm contemplating joining the club with a NIB Metallica Pro purchase. However, there are rumours that Stern is late/behind on their usual production runs and so it seems uncertain when they might next produce Metallica Pro.
For interest's sake, can someone who's recently purchased a Metallica Pro respond with the date of manufacture on their machine? Trying to date the latest production run.
Any sense here of how often Stern has been running Metallica Pros over say, the last 12 months or so?
Thx.

I just picked mine up last week, the build date is April 16th, 2016. I did wait 3 months from time of payment

#7058 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Thx.

March 07. Kept getting put on back order but its the best pinball I have ever played.

#7059 7 years ago

I ordered one last week and I was told it would be ready by the end of the month, but who knows now with all the delays being reported. MET will be my first NIB so I'm willing to wait.

#7060 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

I ordered one last week and I was told it would be ready by the end of the month, but who knows now with all the delays being reported. MET will be my first NIB so I'm willing to wait.

Yeah, I got some quotes last week and one of them said it would probably be into June before it was built. Might have some merit if late May is now June due to delays at Stern. Or, just as likely, it's just something the distributor said that didn't sound too far off but wasn't next week either to try to close the sale.

#7061 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Ask and you shall receive haha. That looks great! That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of something along those lines! The light is perfect it would really help in letting you know when the lane is ready. I'm sure if you offered a few different colors people would be all over those. I know I would

This. I like this piston MOD but I'd like to line up 4 of them that the ball traveled under....since FUEL has 4 letters. Each one would have a different color. Cool MOD.

#7062 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

This. I like this piston MOD but I'd like to line up 4 of them that the ball traveled under....since FUEL has 4 letters. Each one would have a different color. Cool MOD.

A 4 cylinder??? Weak!!!!

#7063 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

A 4 cylinder??? Weak!!!!

lolol. I dont think 8 of those pistons would fit over that lane! hahah would be awesome though. A cool color for a piston would be to 3D print it in a gray/steel color and then dry brush some scorch marks on the sides of the piston so it looks burnt and blown up!!

#7064 7 years ago

I would be in on that!

#7065 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Here is a video of a piston mod my brother and I had worked on that is 3D printed. Life has been pretty darn busy at the moment so we have stalled on it for a few. Anyhow we hooked the light up to the fuel lane so that it flashes when the lane is ready. It's easy to install too, just snaps onto the ball guide.
» YouTube video

Very nice, you think about mass producing?

#7066 7 years ago

I joined the club today!! I'll post some pics when it's set up. Super stoked about this one.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7067 7 years ago

Looks like there are some rubber floor caster protectors are needed on that hardwood laminate.
Just my perspective based on history.

#7068 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I joined the club today!! I'll post some pics when it's set up. Super stoked about this one.

I see your slowly filling that big place.

#7069 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Well I just had the worst thing happened on my game it is a pro made Apr 8 2015 HUO, maybe 1000 Play. The Play field art is popping off in dime size peaces and decals are falling off ...wtf ...
I sure hope stern makes this right . These are
Like Comercial grade machin they should hold up to lots of abuse.

That is concerning because thats when mine was made also ......most people that had issues were the week after it seemed tho. Im thinking the born on date on the back dont nessasarly mean the play fields were all from the same time bc they are put on racks and pulled from there and used. What number is on your plahfield?20160517_024627.jpg20160517_024627.jpg

#7070 7 years ago

one of my original plans was to make a bank of cylinders to do exactly that. Making it look right is the challenge, but we have a few ideas that we are working on and will share.

Quoted from shovelhed:

Very nice, you think about mass producing?

Thank you, I'd like too, but it'll be a bit before I do. I'm working on selling a house right now and completing projects for that. I keep telling my wife I need 3 months off of work just too get things done!

I'm going to print a couple up in silver and I'll share photos of them, hopefully this weekend.

Brian

#7071 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see your slowly filling that big place.

Yes sir it's slowly filling up. Pool table will be for sale soon. ?

#7072 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I'm going to print a couple up in silver and I'll share photos of them, hopefully this weekend.

This was exactly what i was thinking, have a couple of them in silver or chrome paint them. The effect on the wire form would be similar to the building mod on spiderman.

#7073 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Open that box o toys already and show us some pics! I know it was encouraging for me to see others while I was waiting for mine!!

#7074 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Pool table will be for sale soon. ?

Really, I thought you loved that table.

#7075 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

one of my original plans was to make a bank of cylinders to do exactly that. Making it look right is the challenge, but we have a few ideas that we are working on and will share.

Thank you, I'd like too, but it'll be a bit before I do. I'm working on selling a house right now and completing projects for that. I keep telling my wife I need 3 months off of work just too get things done!
Brian

To make it look more real how about a domed piston and holes drilled in the oil ring grove.

#7076 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really, I thought you loved that table.

I do but I don't play enough and its in the way. If I get rid of it I can fit 27 more machines.

#7077 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Open that box o toys already and show us some pics! I know it was encouraging for me to see others while I was waiting for mine!!

Sorry about the glare I'll post better pics when I get home today.

#7078 7 years ago

I have 3 sets left of my Metallica Pro insert mod. PM me to order. Orders for this run need to be placed today by 5pm MST. Thanks! image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7080 7 years ago

Would love to be part of the club. Anyone interested in selling their LE?

#7081 7 years ago

Need some help guys. I just got my Metallica pro yesterday I was going to hook up the coin taker motor and noticed a wire near the left flipper labeled shaker motor board ground j3. The shaker motor coin taker sent me doesn't have a place to plug in a connector. Pics attached

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7082 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Sorry about the glare I'll post better pics when I get home today.

Right on!! Love them game room shots!!

#7083 7 years ago

Anyone know if Stern is going to run more Metallica premiums?

#7084 7 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Anyone know if Stern is going to run more Metallica premiums?

Quoted from another thread :

Pro's and Premiums NIB in stock at Little Shop of Games in Florida.
(561) 248-9628
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#7085 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Need some help guys. I just got my Metallica pro yesterday I was going to hook up the coin taker motor and noticed a wire near the left flipper labeled shaker motor board ground j3. The shaker motor coin taker sent me doesn't have a place to plug in a connector. Pics attached

that is a ground for the stern shaker kits, was this NIB? must be installing them directly from the factory, you wont need it with the cointaker, just install and leave that plug unused

#7086 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

that is a ground for the stern shaker kits, was this NIB? must be installing them directly from the factory, you wont need it with the cointaker, just install and leave that plug unused

Thanks I'll install it tomorrow and let you know.

#7087 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Metallica in its new home

#7088 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Yes it was NIB

#7089 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Quoted from another thread :
Pro's and Premiums NIB in stock at Little Shop of Games in Florida.
(561) 248-9628
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whats the price on that one

#7090 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Whats the price on that one

$4999.00 + Shipping por the pro

#7091 7 years ago

Help me out folks,
I have a pretty good buzz coming from my right flipper , never been there before. It's an original pro 2013.
What should I look at , adjust or replace ?

#7092 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What should I look at , adjust or replace ?

You can try tightening the coil stop.

#7093 7 years ago

Question on MET premium, I know it's been discussed but figured it would be faster to ask again than search 7000+ posts.

Some of the balls in the game are magnetized and throwing off the coffin lock. Does replacing the hammer block with a captive ball + powerball assembly (I think that's what people were doing?) prevent or just cut down on ball magnetization?

I figured between the coffin lock magnet and cross and sparky magnets, it is inevitable that the balls will get magnetized after a while.

Also is there a multiball that is most beneficial to stack with Coffin? I usually just shoot for whatever one is closest to activating before the coffin multiball ball save runs out.

#7094 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Thanks Sunking

#7095 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Or filing the coil stop flat. I think the general consensus with Stern flipper hum is that the stop gets worn, and when the flipper is held, it vibrates and hums against the stop when it's "rounded."

#7096 7 years ago

also check the stops to see if they need replaced or filed flat, Ive heard it can help with the stern buzz

#7097 7 years ago

Replace the coil stop and coil sleeve. Clean the plunger. That will last longer.

#7098 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for the input, I will give it a go later today.
Although it is more than standard stern flipper buzz.

#7099 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Metallica in its new home

Very nice, really liking the RFM.

#7100 7 years ago

I got lucky today!!

IMG_5844_(resized).JPGIMG_5844_(resized).JPG

IMG_2222_(resized).JPGIMG_2222_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.