C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 434.
#7001 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a nib met pro from April 2014 and have never had one issue

NIB since May 2013, and no issues once I found and fixed a reversed diode.

#7002 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Did you ask your distributor? They've been able to get me all sorts of parts from stern

I haven't. Never purchased anything from a disty before and was unsure if they'd sell me one. Any recommendations?

#7003 7 years ago

Most probably have a parts department. I use game exchange of Colorado myself

#7004 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Does anyone sell the metal Premium or LE apron for this game? Was hoping to try to retrofit one in my Pro but haven't been able to find anyone that carries it....

Stern put a stop to that practice about 2+ (maybe three now) years ago directly through distributors for a number of reasons.
One of the main reasons is to prevent owners from turning a premium game into a LE.
It is possible some distributors may still have some of the stock parts before this time, but times are getting thinner.
Replacement parts for your existing game are available if needed, but you cannot "upgrade", with the exceptions of assemblies such as the Tombstone cross, etc.
Stern will not provide distributors with LE parts at all, except if backglasses if broken.

The same thing goes with translites, artwork, and rails.

#7005 7 years ago

Magnet issues for fuses, not just the magnet board itself are common, if the game gets played frequently.
It can be attributed to many factors, including momentary shorts on the magnet coils themselves.
This has happened to many games that use this feature, The Shadow and TAF come to mind.
I still recommend inline fuse protection for all three magnets on this game in the long haul.

Keep in mind how many "mods" you install in your game as well, as this can contribute to problems, but generally that is "down the road".

#7006 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Does anyone sell the metal Premium or LE apron for this game? Was hoping to try to retrofit one in my Pro but haven't been able to find anyone that carries it....

This one might work:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0415-00

#7007 7 years ago

In additional to that part, the owner will have acquire a Premium/LE NOS decal set (available), drill the apron, installed lighted domes in two locations, and either fabricate or make a GI wire assembly for all lighting, which would have to be tapped onto the playfield GI which is different on Pro models than the Premium/LE.

Feasible with work, if the owner is hardcore wanting to do it.

#7008 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Stern put a stop to that practice about 2+ (maybe three now) years ago directly through distributors for a number of reasons.
One of the main reasons is to prevent owners from turning a premium game into a LE.

That's what I was thinking and reason I didn't bother calling a disty. Main reason for wanting the Premium apron is to have the spotlights in there to better illuminate the flipper area. Has anyone retrofitted the two spotlights into a Pro apron and have any tips?

#7009 7 years ago

Can we stop using the term "disty"? Eeuugh.

#7010 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Main reason for wanting the Premium apron is to have the spotlights in there to better illuminate the flipper area. Has anyone retrofitted the two spotlights into a Pro apron and have any tips?

I just bought a short LED strip from Comet and stuck it in the apron where the balls drain. Lights up the area rather well.

#7011 7 years ago

Better late than never, right? I hope so. I just joined the Metallica club on Friday, May 6 2016. Traded my AC/DC premium and got a MET Premium (monsters), and LOVE IT!! However, please do not make me go back and read all 7,000 posts in this thread.

#7012 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Magnet issues for fuses, not just the magnet board itself are common, if the game gets played frequently.
It can be attributed to many factors, including momentary shorts on the magnet coils themselves.
This has happened to many games that use this feature, The Shadow and TAF come to mind.
I still recommend inline fuse protection for all three magnets on this game in the long haul.
Keep in mind how many "mods" you install in your game as well, as this can contribute to problems, but generally that is "down the road".

Could you show a picture of your magnet in line fuse protection? Sounds like a good idea. I also like your lists of spare parts you posted previously in this thread for this game. Expensive now but maybe impossible to find years from now.

#7013 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I just bought a short LED strip from Comet and stuck it in the apron where the balls drain. Lights up the area rather well.

What did you plug the LED strip into? Have a picture of how it looks? Thanks.

#7014 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

You needed to see the ball drain better? Lol

#7015 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

That's what I was thinking and reason I didn't bother calling a disty. Main reason for wanting the Premium apron is to have the spotlights in there to better illuminate the flipper area. Has anyone retrofitted the two spotlights into a Pro apron and have any tips?

Not on a Met but I added flashers to my AV and old ST pro. It's pretty easy to do. Here's a thread that showed my customer apron for ST. Just drilled the holes, mounted the spotlights and tapped into the power source. For me it was another flasher but for you it would just be a GI light.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-mods-completed

I installed the spots with a small bolt through the apron. I drilled a hole under where the decal goes. Then I recessed it so that it would sit flush and then put the decal back on. Never would be able to tell it was there.

#7016 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Does anyone know if this is a problem in both the pros and the premiums and/or if it has been corrected in the units being shipped now? I am considering a NIB MET (also considering GB, ST, and SM VE once I can play them all and would appreciate any thoughts) and just want to know what I may be in for. Thanks.

I'm the second owner of an original Refinery Met Pro and have never had that problem.

#7017 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What did you plug the LED strip into? Have a picture of how it looks? Thanks.

Actually this position for the strip works better I think, you can take the apron off without messing with the strip that's on that drain metal.

IMGA0987[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0987[1]_(resized).JPG

#7018 7 years ago

What color did you use, RGB color changing? What did you plug it into? Thanks!

#7019 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I just used white but purple looks good too and not as bright and it's 6.3v so I just tapped into the coin insert bulbs. Comet 7 led strips don't come in color changing, just straight colors.

#7021 7 years ago

Anyone else has a MET Pro on order? I ordered on 4/28.

Can't wait!

#7022 7 years ago

Sorry I didn't have time to take a pic. Paul has his exactly where mine is on the metal. I think mine's tapped into the GI at the outlane or a sling. Can't remember. Thanks for chiming in, MP.

#7023 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

First - +10 on what mustangPaul posted. That is where I have mine as well and it works great. I went with the frosted version though which helped dim it down a bit.

Second - Dang you for the RGB suggestion... Now I'm thinking it may be cool to get 3 separate ones for their (3 strip instead of the 7's though) and tie them into the correct GI that would match the strip. That way when the game is all blue my apron light is blue, all red and the apron is red and so on.

#7024 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

First - +10 on what mustangPaul posted. That is where I have mine as well and it works great. I went with the frosted version though which helped dim it down a bit.
Second - Dang you for the RGB suggestion... Now I'm thinking it may be cool to get 3 separate ones for their (3 strip instead of the 7's though) and tie them into the correct GI that would match the strip. That way when the game is all blue my apron light is blue, all red and the apron is red and so on.

Brilliant. Why didn't I think of this before I ordered my white one from Comet! LOL

#7025 7 years ago

Anyone who has the Total Lightshow mod on their pro can take the power for the LED strips that you might mount in the drain back to the relevant colour output on the main board and drive it in sync with the rest of the GI.

#7026 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Anyone else has a MET Pro on order? I ordered on 4/28.
Can't wait!

Yep,paid for mine 1/14 still waiting.

#7027 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Anyone who has the Total Lightshow mod on their pro can take the power for the LED strips that you might mount in the drain back to the relevant colour output on the main board and drive it in sync with the rest of the GI.

I was thinking of just using alligator clips attached to one of the colored string's bulbs close by, but you're saying to wire it all the way back to your board?

#7028 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I was thinking of just using alligator clips attached to one of the colored string's bulbs close by, but you're saying to wire it all the way back to your board?

You can clip it, but just check the polarity. I only suggest running it back to the board so you know your gnd is going into gnd. And also to protect the board from damage if you short out the clips. If your strip won't be damaged by going in backwards then no biggy, just clip it one way, if it doesn't work, swap clips around. Just make sure the clips are completely insulated. If they touch, a fet blows.

#7029 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

mine's tapped into the GI at the outlane or a sling.

That got me to look at mine and mines tapped into a gi bulb as well.

#7030 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Now I'm thinking it may be cool to get 3 separate ones for their (3 strip instead of the 7's though) and tie them into the correct GI that would match the strip. That way when the game is all blue my apron light is blue, all red and the apron is red and so on.

That would be cool.

#7031 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Now THAT would be waaaay cool.

#7032 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Call Stern and explain what happened - if it's a relatively new game, they should send you a new board free of charge. If not, I think a new board is about $60-$70. Don't throw the old one away - it can be repaired.

New magnet board from Marco fixed problem of blowing 4a fuse and all magnets not working. I'm back in business. Will save old board to get repaired as spare.

#7033 7 years ago

What's up everybody I've been following this thread pretty much since day one and I finally couldn't take missing out on all the fun and possibly missing out on this last run of MET. Anyway I just ordered a PRO LED through my local stern guy and I'm beyond excited!!! I've already ordered the necessary protectors and a couple cool visual mods for day one unboxing and in all my mod hunting I've noticed that nobody has made anything cool for the piston lane???!!!! Something like this old blown piston with some sweet CNC machining would be cool done on a 3D printer so we could have a flasher up inside would be SWEET I think?? What do ya think?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7034 7 years ago

Premie/LE owners - Game level and plays perfect but still infrequent ball jam in coffin mechanism. Taking glass off is getting old. Any easy fix you guys have for it?

#7035 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Premie/LE owners - Game level and plays perfect but still infrequent ball jam in coffin mechanism. Taking glass off is getting old. Any easy fix you guys have for it?

The balls jam because they are magnetized. You can try replacing them and see if that helps. Pinball Life premium balls work ok, but even those can magnetize over time. If you have another game without magnets, try swapping the balls between MET and that game. I don't know of any permanent fix.

Rob

#7036 7 years ago

I played some more MET Premium last night and this is just such a well rounded game where you can pick and choose what you want to do. None of the shots ever feel frustrating and cheap drains just don't happen. It's not a hard game game to play, but it's certainly not easy to master either.

Rob

#7037 7 years ago

Well I just had the worst thing happened on my game it is a pro made Apr 8 2015 HUO, maybe 1000 Play. The Play field art is popping off in dime size peaces and decals are falling off ...wtf ...
I sure hope stern makes this right . These are
Like Comercial grade machin they should hold up to lots of abuse.

#7038 7 years ago

Been using my metle at a few shows now to promote my headphone kits... She's yet to have a issue or a error

#7039 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Well I just had the worst thing happened on my game it is a pro made Apr 8 2015 HUO, maybe 1000 Play. The Play field art is popping off in dime size peaces and decals are falling off ...wtf ...

I'm really curious about what happened around that time. Was it a new process Stern was trying, or did something just go really wrong in production? I haven't even seen a theory about what causes it.

#7040 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm really curious about what happened around that time. Was it a new process Stern was trying, or did something just go really wrong in production? I haven't even seen a theory about what causes it.

I heard that when they were moving to the new factory the playfields weren't curing long enough or something like that.

#7041 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Just started doing this after 1000 plays? No signs prior? This is really concerning because mine was produced on April 15, 2015, and mine has no signs of chipping or decals, but if it happens with more plays just seems weird. Good luck getting that then care of.

#7042 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am selling my Cross, Chair, Coffin & Chair LED insert mod I mentioned in this thread a while back. You can check it out here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-led-insert-mod-cross-chair-coffin-snake-1

I have 5 sets left for this run. Thanks!
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7043 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Pics?

Rob

#7044 7 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Hi everyone,
I am selling my Cross, Chair, Coffin & Chair LED insert mod I mentioned in this thread a while back. You can check it out here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-led-insert-mod-cross-chair-coffin-snake-1
I have 5 sets left for this run. Thanks!

Personally I would go blue on the cross and purple on the chair. The blue cross would then match the GI patterns on the premium. I have the led boards to do it myself (well, with help), but have not installed them yet.

Rob

#7045 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

#7047 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

What's up everybody I've been following this thread pretty much since day one and I finally couldn't take missing out on all the fun and possibly missing out on this last run of MET. Anyway I just ordered a PRO LED through my local stern guy and I'm beyond excited!!! I've already ordered the necessary protectors and a couple cool visual mods for day one unboxing and in all my mod hunting I've noticed that nobody has made anything cool for the piston lane???!!!! Something like this old blown piston with some sweet CNC machining would be cool done on a 3D printer so we could have a flasher up inside would be SWEET I think?? What do ya think?

Great idea would look bad ass i hope somebody with skills will run with this idea.

#7048 7 years ago

EL_Metallica_(resized).jpgEL_Metallica_(resized).jpg

Finally got round to fitting EL Paper to light up the cut-out side rails.

Have even got enough left over to backlight the apron where the score cards go, just need to design/create a template now.

#7049 7 years ago

Here are pics of playfield . really hope I can find a dealer that can help sounds like people that try to deal with stern straight up have a very hard time .

IMG_1380_(resized).JPGIMG_1380_(resized).JPG

IMG_1381_(resized).JPGIMG_1381_(resized).JPG

#7050 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Here is a video of a piston mod my brother and I had worked on that is 3D printed. Life has been pretty darn busy at the moment so we have stalled on it for a few. Anyhow we hooked the light up to the fuel lane so that it flashes when the lane is ready. It's easy to install too, just snaps onto the ball guide.

20141201_194639_(resized).jpg20141201_194639_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.