Topic Stats

• 16,881 posts
  • 948 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by ktm450
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,857 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16881 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 338.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I read a lot about plastic to metal post changing but what is the difference eg what is going wrong with the plastic post? Is it not returning the ball back or ???? If I compare my met pro with a friend of mine both have same behavior. Doesn't appear to be wrong so what am I missing ??

The ball rejects against the post and the ball rolls back where it came instead of dribbling into the pops. The metal post allows the game to play as it was designed.

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Disabled the up post - YEE HAW!
Wow, I have never seen a ball go that fast around orbits on 2nd or 3rd revolution. Totally changes the game, for the better. It actually increases the draw of the skill shot by making you ease up on the plunger if you want to leave it in the pops.
Don't we all just want to pull back that plunger full way and let her rip, anyway?!? Now you can, plus the pin makes the "whoosh" sound when it hits the orbit. Advice to all: disable the up post. Happy holidays.

Super Skill Shot is more fun and awards more points.Even though you've disabled the post, you'll still need to hold the left flipper button before shooting to light the Super Skill shots.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

The ball rejects against the post and the ball rolls back where it came instead of dribbling into the pops. The metal post allows the game to play as it was designed.

Aha, I thought it was intended to roll back. Thought that the dribbling into the popbumpers would perhaps be the problem people were talking about. After all, a post in the mid of a lane, you would suspect it is there to return the ball....

I know it has been asked and to be found somewhere but do you have by chance the weblink to the required part?

Thanks

#654 5 years ago

It's like five posts back, just scroll up a little.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Why would anyone even do the normal skill shot? The super skill shot is pretty damn easy. For people who don't know about it, just hold the left flipper when plunging.

I go back and fourth. I'm a fairly poor player, so between lighting a few lanes and getting several hits in the pops, I can usually get close to 350k points with a 'normal' skill shot. But then I figure with the ball save, a super skill shot is a free shot towards your modes on sparky/ramps/coffin/etc. When I play it in league play, I always go for the 'normal' skill shot because it's easy, guaranteed points.

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Sorry, I guess I didn't focus on the right thing. It's the Premium Ultra-Gloss carbon core pinballs that are available at Pinball Life as well. Switching to those have had a big effect on game play.

I bought my MET pin used and it had a mix of different balls in it, I could tell by the finish on them. So I bought 4 of the Premium Ultra-Gloss balls from Pinball life and now I noticed the plastic up post now seems to work as intended, stopping the ball and allowing it to dribble into the lanes for the pops.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

1 week later
#657 5 years ago

Just got my NIB Metallica Pro on 1/6/14. Let the LED and mod buying begin. So many to choose from.
Do I start with Pinball Pro speaker system?
Colored sling and outlane protectors?
No, that should wait till after LED for best effect.
Custom Sparky?

What to do, what to do?
If only someone would start a JunkYard club, I could have the tri-fecta!

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Just got my NIB Metallica Pro on 1/6/14. Let the LED and mod buying begin. So many to choose from.
Do I start with Pinball Pro speaker system?
Colored sling and outlane protectors?
No, that should wait till after LED for best effect.
Custom Sparky?
What to do, what to do?
If only someone would start a JunkYard club, I could have the tri-fecta!

Try one of my headphone kits
Pinnovators.com
Thanks,
Lorenzoimage-1.jpgimage-568.jpg

#659 5 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Just got my NIB Metallica Pro on 1/6/14.
What to do, what to do?

Play the hell out of it until you get good enough to stack fuel / coffin multiball / seek & destroy. Mod it later.

#660 5 years ago

Id suggest getting some cliffy protectors for the mystery hole, trough exit, and right siderail shooter lane protector.

#661 5 years ago

My Second drop just broke on my LE, Shit !

20140108_110554.jpg

tip,
if you have an early production model, with the shit plastic

change all 3 drops in one go,

its a pita to change : (

Ando

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Mod it later.

Really, because I am really leaning toward the new speaker system....in some ways, a must have. I require LEDs in my machines. That's just the way it is.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Id suggest getting some cliffy protectors for the mystery hole, trough exit, and right siderail shooter lane protector.

Yah, was just looking at that last night. I have added cliffy protectors to my TZ and JY already. Definitely a good investment.

I would also think that 2 in-lane protectors would be a good idea.

#664 5 years ago

Inlane protectors? Do you have a link?

#665 5 years ago

Ando, you are totally right about changing all the drop downs. When I called Stern, they told me to test all the drop downs when I took out the mechanism by bending the plastic on them to see if they broke. Guess what, the other two drop downs that were still intact snapped completely in half. Word to the wise, change all three drop downs when you have the mechanism out of the machine.

#666 5 years ago

Has anyone else purchased a NIB machine and upon inspection of the pf, found these splashes of crap in multiple areas? Had to lightly scrape it off of plastics, inserts, and from around both slings. Judging by the color, I assume it's Novus that was carelessly applied too heavily and sprayed all over. Huge deal? Well, no; but c'mon Stern.

Quoted from Rickwh:

Inlane protectors? Do you have a link?

All the cliffy protectors I have were purchased at the NW Pinball Show.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Here you go:
http://marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-17986
Not sure if it will also work for Iron Man. I've played about 10 games on Metallica since putting in this armature, and only once on each side has the ball been rejected. Before it was almost 95% of the time.

Does Terry sell this post in metal? I can't find an exact part number match on his site.

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Yah, was just looking at that last night. I have added cliffy protectors to my TZ and JY already. Definitely a good investment.
I would also think that 2 in-lane protectors would be a good idea.

Yes, yes, and yes......super cliffy your MET....100%

#669 5 years ago

Do you mean the metal rollover switch slot protectors? Or something to protect the pf where the ramp returns drop the ball. Or one in the same?

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Do you mean the metal rollover switch slot protectors? Or something to protect the pf where the ramp returns drop the ball. Or one in the same?

Same thing......

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2716

The ramps drop the ball right onto the switch slots.....these protect it from chewing up the wood.

#671 5 years ago

Added custom painted sparky, amazing work from local artist Geert Koops

image-423.jpgimage-42.jpg

#672 5 years ago

Hahaha love that shirt rensh....loooove it! He did a good job with the helmet too....I like it.

#673 5 years ago

Your custom Sparky looks awesome Rensh!

#674 5 years ago

Display shat itself the other day : (
very impressed our distributor here in Australia AMD, had a replacement to me pronto.

Cheers AMD

20140105_192311.jpg

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Display shat itself the other day : (
very impressed our distributor here in Australia AMD, had a replacement to me pronto.
Cheers AMD

20140105_192311.jpg 50 KB

Heard the new code with fix that.

#676 5 years ago

If you haven't seen them already

MET PinBlades with Interactive UV lighting kit:
170602.jpg170601.jpg170491.jpg

A Real Game Changer!

You get them here through the Pinball Refinery store
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/category/id=7060554&offset=0&sort=normal

And also: MET Snake Mouth Sticker..Goes great with MEZEL SnaKe Fangs:
172667-i.jpg

You can get these now at Pinball Life site

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3294

Enjoy!

-JR

#677 5 years ago

For those who wanna see more pics on the modified sparky see

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alternative-sparky-by-koop-customs

#678 5 years ago

1 week later
#679 5 years ago

Anybody know how to get the knocker to fire on an EB just like B/W games?

1 week later
#680 5 years ago

I have a met pro i bought nib with manufacture date of 4/2013. And just recently the last grave marker has started falling down on its own. Most of the time right after the game resets them, like at the start of a game or after grave MB.

I havent yet looked under the pf, but ive never messed with these before and from what ive read they seem to be a bit finicky. I dont wann mess stuff up.

Any pointers and things to look for when i dig in there to diagnose and fix the problem? Typical drop target adjustments?

The game always recognizes the target drops and gives me credit so i dont think its a switch issue. Im figuring its a physical thing. So spring tension adjustment?

#681 5 years ago

Known issue, you need to put a washer so it clamps more over the edge. If you do a search function on this topic for sure something will pop up. Nothing to worry about, is not difficult to do.

#683 5 years ago

Thanks for the link.

2 weeks later
#684 5 years ago

I didnt end up calling about my drops. The las tweak i did to the spring and the mech itself has it working pretty reliably. I guess it doesnt bother me too much for them to stay up when you hit them vs falling down on their own. Hehe.

Installed a shaker motor today from cointaker. I have to give stern credit that was a simple install.

Holes in bottom of cab already there and T-nuts installed
Place on inside left for he board to install was already marked with "divots" for where the screws go.
The harness in the kit had 2 molex connectors that exactly matched the wire color my game had in it
The games wiring already had the connectors right where they neede to be to plug right in.
Turned on the game, went to the coil test and the shaker motor test worked like a charm.

Fantastic. And simple!

#685 5 years ago

I figured out how to light up the snake mouth on the Preminum/LE. It is really cool. You choose the color.

image-317.jpg

#686 5 years ago

Nice. Now ya gotta light up the eyes. Red?

#690 5 years ago

I got bored waiting for the code.

image-380.jpg

#691 5 years ago

I did...and it's worth it. Very nicely made and very easy to install.
The red eyes take a little getting used to in the beginning, but after 2-3 games, the red eyes seem part of the game.
I would recommend it.

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

The red eyes take a little getting used to in the beginning, but after 2-3 games, the red eyes seem part of the game.
I would recommend it.

So you get a new snake head with the eyes and replace yours with the new one?

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I got bored waiting for the code.

image-380.jpg 226 KB

Very nice. Interesting to see how you did it.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I would recommend it.

Yellow leds are great to, more real life

foto.JPG

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

New head replace original

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

New head replace original

Is the mod 6 or 12v and is it plug N play? Sorry for so many questions.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes. And I installed Tim's snake teeth.
Another great mod, and again, easy to install.

#698 5 years ago

Contact Iamdarras at http://iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/met-snake-eyes

If you have a Pro, his Coffin mod is a must to !!

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Very nice. Interesting to see how you did it.

I made a nifty bracket that holds the LED in just the right place to maximize the lighting effect. I also did the mystery hole.

image-138.jpg

#700 5 years ago

Does it count if I've paid for the game but it won't be in my possession for like a month or so? lol...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
There are 16881 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside