Topic Stats

• 17,191 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,943 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg
20200106_232456 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17191 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 344.
#6901 3 years ago

Off topic: Any Metallica memorabilia collectors out there? If so PM me.

#6902 3 years ago

For some reason I keep seeing a singular question, "What mods should I get for my machine"?
Here is something to solve the question, and is fairly comprehensive:

The Pinball PodCast
http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/category/product-reviews/

The last review was Metallica, knock yourself out, as links and photos are included as well.
Covers most of the major modifications to date.
Keep flipping.

#6903 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

For some reason I keep seeing a singular question, "What mods should I get for my machine"?
Here is something to solve the question, and is fairly comprehensive:
The Pinball PodCast
http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/category/product-reviews/
The last review was Metallica, knock yourself out, as links and photos are included as well.
Covers most of the major modifications to date.
Keep flipping.

Thanks for the great link! Most mods I knew about, but a few I clearly missed. That AMP speaker panel is sick! Had to grab one.

#6905 3 years ago

I just got my Met Pro NIB last month and I added a shaker and the sound activated LED kit to the speakers and back part of the playfield. I don't want to over do it but what other mods are popular?

#6906 3 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I just got my Met Pro NIB last month and I added a shaker and the sound activated LED kit to the speakers and back part of the playfield. I don't want to over do it but what other mods are popular?

External sub is a must!!

#6907 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone think we will see one last code update for Metallica?

Just curious......did you hear a rumor of this, or are you just thinking out loud? I could be wrong but the last code update was about a year ago. What a treat it would be to see individual band member modes But I'm not holding my breath.

#6908 3 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

While not popular (but that's why it's different) are my LED Leg Light-Ups.

#6909 3 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I like the Sparky EL wire kit for his helmet. While pricey a ColorDMD is worthwhile on Metallica. This game has awesome dots and they look phenomenal in color.

Snake tongue decal and teeth are good too

#6910 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

External sub is a must!!

Totally agree. That and a color dmd and you'll be a happy camper.

I have Time Bandits total lights show coming too, can't wait to see it in person. The one thing I miss from the premium is the light show.

#6911 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Totally agree. That and a color dmd and you'll be a happy camper.
I have Time Bandits total lights show coming too, can't wait to see it in person. The one thing I miss from the premium is the light show.

The light show is amazing and probably my favorite mod

#6912 3 years ago

anyone have problems with the left flipper dropping when hit with a ball from the snake? i have checked my flipper mech and didnt notice anything out of sorts. is this a symptom of the way the flippers are powered on stern games?

#6913 3 years ago

If it wasn't already stated, ColorDMD just dropped a new ROM version for Met.

#6914 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

anyone have problems with the left flipper dropping when hit with a ball from the snake? i have checked my flipper mech and didnt notice anything out of sorts. is this a symptom of the way the flippers are powered on stern games?

Is the flipper paw tight so the flipper shaft doesn't spin?

#6915 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

paw-697837_960_720_(resized).jpg

#6916 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

paw-697837_960_720_(resized).jpg

Yup that looks tight.

#6917 3 years ago

Back en The Club, now with a NIB Roadcase.

image_(resized).jpeg

#6918 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Shaft seems tight in the pawl, doesn't change flipper alignment just forces the flipper down if holding it and hit with return shot from snake

#6919 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Check the backstop on that flipper mech. My left one is pretty much gone and does the same thing now.
When a ball hits it it forces the flipper bat down, but only for that hit. After I drop the flipper it goes back to the normal position

#6920 3 years ago

Just ordered the colordmd for my premium.
Also noticed new update as well. Anything to be aware of on the installation? What settings should be set at, isn't there different options? If so what the best settings?

#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Also noticed new update as well. Anything to be aware of on the installation? What settings should be set at, isn't there different options? If so what the best settings?

Installation is pretty straight forward on sam. Follow the instructions and you will be fine.
Some people like the Hires and others like the dots. I have mine set on dotxl with factory contrast and backlight.
Play around with it and see what you like best.

http://colordmd.com/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20SAM%20Rev3.PDF

#6922 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Welcome to the colordmd club. Thee best setting is the one you like the best so try all of them for a while then pick the one you like the best. There is no wrong pick.

#6923 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Installation is pretty straight forward on sam. Follow the instructions and you will be fine.
Some people like the Hires and others like the dots. I have mine set on dotxl with factory contrast and backlight.
Play around with it and see what you like best.
http://colordmd.com/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20SAM%20Rev3.PDF

My favorite settings also

#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My favorite settings also

Well, you are both wrong. Hires is the best setting.

#6925 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, you are both wrong. Hires is the best setting.

For some reason I really dislike the hi rez . Looks to blocky and weird imo

#6926 3 years ago

I have all of mine on hires except creech looks best in dotsxl to me

#6927 3 years ago

Regardless the color dmd in any style looks better than oem lol

#6928 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Just curious......did you hear a rumor of this, or are you just thinking out loud? I could be wrong but the last code update was about a year ago. What a treat it would be to see individual band member modes But I'm not holding my breath.

Band member modes would be great-

Also if they added just 2 more songs: Orion and Wherever I May Roam-

Those 2 songs would cap off the perfection.

#6929 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Check the backstop on that flipper mech. My left one is pretty much gone and does the same thing now.
When a ball hits it it forces the flipper bat down, but only for that hit. After I drop the flipper it goes back to the normal position

Game is less then a month old with around 600 plays on it so not sure this would be the problem yet but i will pull it apart and take a look

#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Game is less then a month old with around 600 plays on it so not sure this would be the problem yet but i will pull it apart and take a look

I'm no tech, but could this be an EOS issue?

#6931 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Sounds like a crossover adjustment is needed. FF speakers are coax, so it's misleading to say someone is better off doing exactly that.

I'm saying, buy a set of coax speakers and skip the rest of the FF stuff. You can get decent 4" coax speakers from Parts Express for $15-20 a pair. Can also get a good 8" Pyramid cab sub for $18ish. Much cheaper than $100+ the FF kit costs, and no bad crossover setup to kill the mids and highs.

#6932 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

agree that leaving the backbox speakers stock is best, but the FF cabinet speaker is great. I think the best approach (which I hope to try soon) is an external subwoofer, FF cabinet woofer and

The stock backbox speakers are garbage. Seriously.. pull one out and inspect it... the magnet is tiny, it's a tight paper-only cone with minimal efficiency, and no separate tweeter. A $15 set of coaxial replacements sound much better, even with no other mods.

#6933 3 years ago

Anyone have a source for the larger magnet cores (hardened version if possible) for Sparky/Graveyard? I found a link that pointed to one on Pinball Life but this SKU says it works for WMS games too and the WMS games I have use noticeably smaller cores so I'm not 100% sure this is the right one?

#6934 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm no tech, but could this be an EOS issue?

I think this solved the problem, switch not opening quite enough, thanks

#6935 3 years ago

FYI- For a noobs to nib sterns like me, found the youtube pinball supernova vids on Color Dmd and shaker install for MET super useful. and what an impact to the game. You won't be sorry!!!

#6936 3 years ago

I still have to get a color dmd for mine. I assume they are easy to install?

#6937 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm saying, buy a set of coax speakers and skip the rest of the FF stuff. You can get decent 4" coax speakers from Parts Express for $15-20 a pair. Can also get a good 8" Pyramid cab sub for $18ish. Much cheaper than $100+ the FF kit costs, and no bad crossover setup to kill the mids and highs.

The FF kit doesn't have crossovers except on the sub.. which isn't in circuit with the backbox speakers.. so what cha talkin bout?

#6938 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The FF kit doesn't have crossovers except on the sub.. which isn't in circuit with the backbox speakers.. so what cha talkin bout?

There is a dial on the sub that controls how much volume the backbox speakers make. In theory, it "increases" bass by lowering the other speakers. Even at full volume, the backbox speakers sounded muffled and low. Maybe the set was defective... not sure. I removed the FF sub and put in my own Pyramid 8", kept the backbox speakers and added two amps/EQs and adjusted the output to what I like. Oh, and of course the ubiquitous undercab sub. I can say without a doubt, the game sounds as good as any pinball cabinet producing 24khz mono audio can possibly sound now

#6939 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I still have to get a color dmd for mine. I assume they are easy to install?

Piece of cake.

#6940 3 years ago

agree, easy install. I didn't even consider it a mod. The art on the game is already so awesome it just had to happen. I can't vouch for the color dmd brand on other titles, but the sticker shock of what youll pay for one for MET will wear off pretty easy too.

#6941 3 years ago

Another broken target, but on the flipside, I have moved some functional art into the play area..

0430162248b_(resized).jpg

0501162228_(resized).jpg

#6942 3 years ago

Moved to a new house in December and am just getting a pin set up. Will have a proper game room constructed or enclose the garage at some point, but that's a way man out so I needed at least one in the house. Good to have MET back up, have missed this game!

Question: has anyone replaced any of the three R/B/W lights tied to the color changing modes? Are they jus standard LEDs? I was wanting to replace one of the colors if it's as easy as swapping the bulbs out.

image_(resized).jpeg

#6943 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Moved to a new house in December and am just getting a pin set up. Will have a proper game room constructed or enclose the garage at some point, but that's a way man out so I needed at least one in the house. Good to have MET back up, have missed this game!
Question: has anyone replaced any of the three R/B/W lights tied to the color changing modes? Are they jus standard LEDs? I was wanting to replace one of the colors if it's as easy as swapping the bulbs out.

image_(resized).jpeg

I believe the monsters premium edition uses single led boards instead of standard bulbs. They should be just as easy to swap though.

#6944 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Another broken target, but on the flipside, I have moved some functional art into the play area..

0430162248b_(resized).jpg0501162228_(resized).jpg

Dude is that A Yamaha Banshee ??

#6945 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

There is a dial on the sub that controls how much volume the backbox speakers make. In theory, it "increases" bass by lowering the other speakers

There is a dial to attenuate the backbox speakers to allow boosting the sub without the backbox becoming too loud. This is not a X-over and could be bypassed all together if you felt the volume control was impacting the speakers. But unless the new load is overdriving the amplifier, simple attenuation will not change the frequency response or quality output of the speaker... it simply changing the load/power.

#6946 3 years ago

Just got the call, picking up my MET Pro this afternoon!!!

#6947 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Just got the call, picking up my MET Pro this afternoon!!!

Nice! Hopefully, mine won't be far behind ....

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the colordmd club. Thee best setting is the one you like the best so try all of them for a while then pick the one you like the best. There is no wrong pick.

So the power wire that runs from back box to the front of cab to be plugged in. I have the FTS-8 splitter mounted on side of cab, do I install the power plug in there correct? Should be getting it tomorrow, so getting ready for install.

#6949 3 years ago

So much more fun at home with a good sub than on location!

image_(resized).jpeg

#6950 3 years ago

Good for you, Jay. Enjoy it. What a fantastic game!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
There are 17191 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside