IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 433.
#6851 7 years ago

What do HUO monster premiums go for? I'm keeping MET one way or another, but was curious on the current market.

#6852 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I don't think that's my problem.....Its more like a haze...I tried to wax it..... no change. Is their a way to remove hazing marks on the play-field?

Any pictures of the damage and defects?

#6853 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What do HUO monster premiums go for? I'm keeping MET one way or another, but was curious on the current market.

When I got mine a while back, we worked a trade for my Congo + cash where we valued the Met premium @ $5,650. Maybe that helps?

#6854 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

You cannot do a proper comparison unless to cross level with NIB games as it is still in production.

NIB w/shipping (best deal, X-country) - $6800
HUO - $5800-6500

Shaker included, no "mod overpricing" bull$!#@.

#6855 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just got my Led Pro today

Just curious, why do people say "LED Pro"? There's no meaningful difference between the original MET and the one with LEDs. Should I feel shame for having an "Incandescent Pro" that I've converted to LEDs?

#6856 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just curious, why do people say "LED Pro"? There's no meaningful difference between the original MET and the one with LEDs. Should I feel shame for having an "Incandescent Pro" that I've converted to LEDs?

Cabinet back box is metal on the LED pro vs. wood on the 2013

#6857 7 years ago

no you shouldn't... I also bought a used "Incandescent Pro" and put LEDs and some mods in it (Shaker, Snakemod,stainless steel Speaker Panel, Speakerupgrade, Speaker-Lights, Mirrorblades,...) . And it costs me only 200€ more then a NIB Pro LED without any mods.

The gameplay is equal to a LED Pro but you got more "Bling bling" and the wow effect

#6858 7 years ago

i'm finally pulling my 2013 met pro off location to enjoy it at home after 1.5 years or so. pumped up to get back into it as i don't play it hardly at all anymore.

#6859 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

It does appear that I can easily change the color of the leds bulbs. All I would like to do is change the white leds on the cross, chair , coffin ,snake, and the fuel inserts.
Any bulb & color recommendations for these inserts .

I tried colored bulbs at first and I didn't like the hot spots they created.
Buy these in 4 different colors and mount them underneath to a piece of plexiglass. The cheapest mod that makes a huge difference.

http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6860 7 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Cabinet back box is metal on the LED pro vs. wood on the 2013

I never liked the metal backbox. It's a cost savings, not an improvement.

#6861 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Because the games differ in their backbox and the light sockets (or lack of..) on the playfield. The games are significantly different in the sense of what parts, etc to use.

#6862 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because the games differ in their backbox and the light sockets (or lack of..) on the playfield. The games are significantly different in the sense of what parts, etc to use.

Its my understanding the met led pros still have the socketed inserts (my preference) that the pro has.

#6863 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Its my understanding the met led pros still have the socketed inserts (my preference) that the pro has.

You are right. I have the new pro and you can see from the pics I posted above they are socketed.

#6864 7 years ago

I actually perfer the new style backbox and speaker panel thats tilted over the old wooden style. Wish I cld change my luci to the new style so it matches the rest

#6865 7 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Buy these in 4 different colors and mount them underneath to a piece of plexiglass. The cheapest mod that makes a huge difference.
http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

If they had them in frosted I imagine they would look even better. Great idea.

#6866 7 years ago

I'm having a random METPRO happening. It doesn't hurt me but it is something I notice and bugs me....the 3rd cross drop target (the one farthest back) will sometimes drop at the push of the start button or at the start of another ball. I thought these drop targets were only triggered by hitting them yet this happens randomly with no pattern. When it doesn't happen I have to hit the first 2 drops to get to the 3rd as I normally would and it acts just fine. I've investigated underneath and it all looks as it should....clean and set up properly yet this is something that is there.

Anyone else have this experience?? Or have a way I can test and correct this?

#6867 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I'm having a random METPRO happening. It doesn't hurt me but it is something I notice and bugs me....the 3rd cross drop target (the one farthest back) will sometimes drop at the push of the start button or at the start of another ball. I thought these drop targets were only triggered by hitting them yet this happens randomly with no pattern. When it doesn't happen I have to hit the first 2 drops to get to the 3rd as I normally would and it acts just fine. I've investigated underneath and it all looks as it should....clean and set up properly yet this is something that is there.
Anyone else have this experience?? Or have a way I can test and correct this?

I may be wrong here but I'm thinking it's the WPT Stern drop target fix that's needed. You may need to add a washer. I've had that same problem with my AVLE Hulk targets & other games.

http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-165-world-poker-tour

#6868 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I may be wrong here but I'm thinking it's the WPT Stern drop target fix that's needed. You may need to add a washer. I've had that same problem with my AVLE Hulk targets & other games.
http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-165-world-poker-tour

Good info Butch. I'll give this fix a run through. Thanks!

#6869 7 years ago

I read that tech bulletin and it doesn't really apply. The Met inline drops are a completely different design. This is a very common problem on Met. There are several fixes that work to varying degrees of success. Search Pinside for more info but here is what I can remember.
1. Try re-hooking the pull down springs about 1/2 to 3/4 way down the spring.
2. Try stretching out the compression spring that presses on the backside of the target
3. Try adding a washer or 2 to the same area on backside of target.

Met drops are notorious for either dropping when they shouldn't or bricking when they are hit. Once you get them dialed in they usually continue to work just fine.

#6870 7 years ago

BTW, the inline drop assy is extremely easy to remove from the underside of the playfield. Taking it apart is not easy. If you do, take pictures/draw diagrams/refer to the exploded view in the manual to assist you in getting it put back together correctly.

#6871 7 years ago

Good info Butch. I'll give this fix a run through. Thanks!

Which met model you have? I know they made some fixes with the drops and snake on the met led pro compared to the original?

#6872 7 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Looks great I will need to come over and look at that.
On a side note , not sure what to call it, one of the led brackets that holds the led and has the wires running through the back that twist into place, in the first picture has a broken clip and does not snap in like it should .
Where can I get another one of those ?
Sorry if thats totally confusing...

#6873 7 years ago

This pic

66bb0cb3c7e5e019d68425db0cfc04a971163d8c_(resized).jpg66bb0cb3c7e5e019d68425db0cfc04a971163d8c_(resized).jpg

#6874 7 years ago

A little late thank you for all the comments and opinions around upgrading speakers. Loving the game but far from good yet- which is exactly I chose MET!!

Btw- for a game that's been out for nearly 3 yrs now it seems this thread overall holds more sustained activity than other owner threads. Is it is just the bias passion kicking in? Maybe I'm wrong- but this games interest seems to be holding its own along w/ some newer releases. Just an observation from long before and after I joined.

#6875 7 years ago

I finally made it to End Of The Line but failed miserably. All I can remember is that it was timed and I was supposed to hit lit shots. After it timed out, I was like that's IT??? Probably need to hit the shots better next time IF I can make it there again. Almost need a second person there to tell you what to shoot for.

#6876 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Looks great I will need to come over and look at that.
On a side note , not sure what to call it, one of the led brackets that holds the led and has the wires running through the back that twist into place, in the first picture has a broken clip and does not snap in like it should .
Where can I get another one of those ?
Sorry if thats totally confusing...

Try Marco for that.

#6877 7 years ago

I could not tell from the photo if these sockets have diodes? Anyway, here's a link to both types.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=288

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=885

#6878 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I could not tell from the photo if these sockets have diodes? Anyway, here's a link to both types.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=288
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=885

Oh yeah...much better price.

#6879 7 years ago

Ya thanks guys this looks just like what I need
Can anyone confirm if I need it with the diode or not, im.thinking I do .

#6880 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Which met model you have? I know they made some fixes with the drops and snake on the met led pro compared to the original?

I'm in the original METPRO owners club. I'll have to try the spring tension thing and maybe adding an extra washer to that part to see if I can get that drop target dialed in properly.

What tool do you need to break the seal on the sparky magnet bolt?? I need to raise it a bit so it's more level with the PF and it doesn't want to budge with just me and my flat head screw driver.

#6881 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

A little late thank you for all the comments and opinions around upgrading speakers. Loving the game but far from good yet- which is exactly I chose MET!!
Btw- for a game that's been out for nearly 3 yrs now it seems this thread overall holds more sustained activity than other owner threads. Is it is just the bias passion kicking in? Maybe I'm wrong- but this games interest seems to be holding its own along w/ some newer releases. Just an observation from long before and after I joined.

IMHO a game that is one of the all time greats. Layout, code, artwork, light show, bash toy, callouts, and music. It has it all, really no weak areas.

Cool mods available.

I'm not a fan of the band, but the artwork is cartooney enough to pretend it's a made up band. There are enough songs to find a few you like and if you don't, you can change them with pin browser.

The game just kicks ass & has/will stand the test of time...

#6882 7 years ago

Just got it and have no idea what I am doing . Action is fast and furious.I can't even end look at the dmd . Really great game

#6883 7 years ago

I'm in the original METPRO owners club. I'll have to try the spring tension thing and maybe adding an extra washer to that part to see if I can get that drop target dialed in properly.
What tool do you need to break the seal on the sparky magnet bolt?? I need to raise it a bit so it's more level with the PF and it doesn't want to budge with just me and my flat head screw driver.

If I remember correctly, you have to loosen the large nut, then adjust with the screwdriver, then tighten the nut back up.

#6884 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

BTW, the inline drop assy is extremely easy to remove from the underside of the playfield. Taking it apart is not easy. If you do, take pictures/draw diagrams/refer to the exploded view in the manual to assist you in getting it put back together correctly.

Not what I wanted to hear. I have 2 of 3 drop targets broke and plan to fix soon. Crap.

#6885 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just got it and have no idea what I am doing . Action is fast and furious.I can't even end look at the dmd . Really great game

Did you figure out what the hazing thing was with your playfield? Was curious about that.

#6886 7 years ago

Anyone think we will see one last code update for Metallica?

#6887 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone think we will see one last code update for Metallica?

Its just a little thing, but I wish they'd update the ball saver text to a font/graphic that matches the game. Everything else is so cool, and this frequently seen message is just generic text.

#6888 7 years ago

Only thing that annoys me is when the call out says "casket multiball"

#6889 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Its just a little thing, but I wish they'd update the ball saver text to a font/graphic that matches the game. Everything else is so cool, and this frequently seen message is just generic text.

I agree. #FirstWorldFontProblems

#6890 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Check out the Bowen Kerins tutorial on the PAPA YouTube channel. It's awesome.

#6891 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

If ya stop sucking, ya won't see it!!

#6892 7 years ago

Just put my Met Pro order in what looks to be the last run so will be joining the club soon .Oh happy days ahead

#6893 7 years ago

Minor gripe, but the callout of "lock 4 balls in the casket" when actually it's only 3 .

Don't be scared of the drop target assy. It's involved, but not too bad if you have the right tools and some mechanical skills.

For the magnet pole, you need a big heavy duty wrench to break the nut loose, then you can adjust the pole with a large flat blade screwdriver.

#6894 7 years ago

Joining the club.......for a second time. Sold due to a move that fell apart miserably. So now another one is coming home shortly.

#6895 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Only thing that annoys me is when the call out says "casket multiball"

Or he just says "Casket".

Rob

#6896 7 years ago

Ugh! My premium has the balls magnetized and stuck in the coffin lock again. These are pinball life premium balls and have been good up until last night. I had to turn the game off because it was like the balls are literally glued in there.

Rob

#6897 7 years ago

Looking for long term solutions for the sound cutting out and having to reseat the connector in the upper right of the back box (J8 i think, not in front of my game at the moment).

My theory is that the white boxes hanging on there make the connection flakey over time. So i was thinking to put some sort of hook on roof of back box to suspend the harness and take any weight off of the connection.

Any one else have this chronic problem. Mine keeps coming back every few months. Easy enough fix, but annoying.

#6898 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Looking for long term solutions for the sound cutting out and having to reseat the connector in the upper right of the back box (J8 i think, not in front of my game at the moment).
My theory is that the white boxes hanging on there make the connection flakey over time. So i was thinking to put some sort of hook on roof of back box to suspend the harness and take any weight off of the connection.
Any one else have this chronic problem. Mine keeps coming back every few months. Easy enough fix, but annoying.

I don't have this problem with mine, but I would redo the harness before I added a hook for weight relief.

#6899 7 years ago

Thanks. Looked and its j10 not j8. Those white boxes are fairly heavy. So i was thinking of a zip tie or something to take weight off.

20160424_163425_(resized).jpg20160424_163425_(resized).jpg

#6900 7 years ago

btw, those "white boxes" are ferrites. they are used to reduce or eliminate RF noise
it is surprising that stern is using 2 of them in sequence on the same wire section, because "yes", that makes that particular run of wire heavy

a zip tie on both ends (outside of the ferrites) will reduce the strain on the IDC connectors (but will add an extra step when you need to actually remove the connector

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.