Topic Stats

• 17,241 posts
  • 963 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,953 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200126_165041 (resized).jpg
7E873FB7-3693-497C-8928-EA87AF9418C0 (resized).jpeg
1A93D9FE-6F28-4633-AB69-2AC241163DF1 (resized).jpeg
EE7496D8-1BB5-4B65-8EA8-D9795DF7EB0E (resized).jpeg
0155F11A-B4EF-47B0-B4FB-E363BDEDD610 (resized).jpeg
3D2082F6-1469-4970-8D31-6A786374A578 (resized).jpeg
LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17241 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 345.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from bax:

I have my met pro on order.
I was wondering what protectors are a must and where they can be sourced?
I did try to plow through this post but 132 pages over 2 years was a lot.
Snake fang and tongue mod seems like a must. Any others either physical or lighting that you think add to game play and/or really upgrade the look? I was looking at PinGraffix products a bit today.

Speaker light kit! Color DMD!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3068

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-metallica-pinball-machine/

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from bax:

Snake fang and tongue mod seems like a must. Any others either physical or lighting that you think add to game play and/or really upgrade the look? I was looking at PinGraffix products a bit today.

A DK Pinball power distribution board, for all the power hungry mods your gonna put on it like my Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up both in purple. They bring light to the otherwise dark front of the cab and make it POP.

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from bax:

Speaker Light Kits...

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-9.html

with a couple of different Metallica acrylic designs available to choose from.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#6604 3 years ago

Again, looks are one thing, if you want enhanced game play, get the external sub first. You wont regret it.

#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Again, looks are one thing, if you want enhanced game play, get the external sub first. You wont regret it.

Enhanced game play thru sound....hmmmm

#6606 3 years ago

5 piston target collects (from hitting pop bumpers) also awards an extra ball, making 3 available during normal play. (Captive ball hits and combos being the other 2)

ANY mode will continue in CIU including Lady of Justice, Coffin Hurry ups, Fuel, Seek and Destroy, Blackened although the light show, music and DMD from CIU will override anything else going on so you may not realise. (The only reason I know this is true is because I have collected CIU jackpot quickly and they have still been running). You cannot however start one of these modes during CIU.

#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Where can I get different color led boards? I want to change a couple of the inserts. I have the fuel ones from pinbits, but was looking to change out more of the whites in the crosses and multi ball inserts

http://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led

Give them a call as I don't see SAM ones on their website right now. I know they used to offer them. Not even sure if their is a difference between the boards of SAM and Spike.

Quoted from Rob_G:

- There's an opto at the base of Sparky's feet which detects hits. Does the standup between the feet score different than the opto switch or is it basically the same?

It increases the number of shots made for Sparky. Hitting just the opto counts for 1 shot. Hitting the target counts for a total of 3 shots.

Quoted from Rob_G:

- I had multiball going and shot the snake while the other ball drained. I got the display for 2x playfield scoring, but the snake spit the ball back out, there was no add a ball and no 2x playfield scoring. Looks be a minor bug I guess.

Was this the first or second time you shot the snake to lock a ball during that MB? You only get the add a ball once per MB but you can lock a ball more than once (and get the 2x PF going on). Since day one of ownership I don't recall ever not getting my add a ball when the ball was locked in the snake during MB. So if this was the first time, then it's an issue with your game. Maybe a flaky switch?

Quoted from Rob_G:

- The snake mouth can be open at the start of a multiball, but doesn't count for 2x and add a ball. It has to be closed and then opened again by the guitar picks. Maybe this is a minor bug too?

Shouldn't be happening. This along with the above issue makes me think you have something out of adjustment.

Quoted from Rob_G:

- What's the highest score multiplier you can get in the game? It doesn't usually get very big because of the way the targets work.

4x playfield

#6608 3 years ago

Give them a call as I don't see SAM ones on their website right now. I know they used to offer them. Not even sure if their is a difference between the boards of SAM and Spike.

Sam and Spike light boards are the same. I ordered a bunch for Metallica. Here is the mystery hole done in blue and red instead of all white.

IMG_0263_(resized).JPG

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Sam and Spike light boards are the same. I ordered a bunch for Metallica. Here is the mystery hole done in blue and red instead of all white.
IMG_0263_(resized).JPG

Ooh man. I have been scoffing at this idea, but that looks really cool.

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Its actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I have different light boards from pinbits for the fuel indicators. These new ones from Cointaker are bigger and brighter than original. Maybe someday they will have color changing boards, that would look really good in the mystery insert.

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Its actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I have different light boards from pinbits for the fuel indicators. These new ones from Cointaker are bigger and brighter than original. Maybe someday they will have color changing boards, that would look really good in the mystery insert.

I have the color changing bulbs under the mystery insert on my pro (which has traditional light bulb sockets) and think it looks great.

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

ANY mode will continue in CIU including Lady of Justice, Coffin Hurry ups, Fuel, Seek and Destroy, Blackened although the light show, music and DMD from CIU will override anything else going on so you may not realise. (The only reason I know this is true is because I have collected CIU jackpot quickly and they have still been running). You cannot however start one of these modes during CIU.

Continue during CIU, or suspended during CIU, but continue after you collect?

#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pardon my ignorance, but is this just a board that is changed to achieve the different colors?

#6614 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Pardon my ignorance, but is this just a board that is changed to achieve the different colors?

For the Prem/LE - yes. On the pro it has a standard socket so you can just replace the bulb.

For some spots (fuel targets and center fuel gauge) there are light gels that people are using to get different colors.

The boards are not hard to change if you are comfortable with soldering.

#6615 3 years ago

Yes as answered above and for the Prem and LE's here is the link for those boards.

#6616 3 years ago

Does anyone know anything about this habit trail that's painted like the snake, was someone offering this at some point?

download_(resized).jpg

#6617 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yes as answered above and for the Prem and LE's here is the link for those boards.

Melissa confirmed that these are correct also for sam system

#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Does anyone know anything about this habit trail that's painted like the snake, was someone offering this at some point?

"Habitrail"

This was a "one shot" on PinGraffix MET Pro.
Never offered to the public.
You could take the photo, and get it done under $100 at a good powder coating shop.
It needs to be properly "well baked" for durability.

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Melissa confirmed that these are correct also for sam system

Spoke to Chris, and yes they work with Sam with no issues. They have used them in MET and TWD and I'm sure others as well.

#6620 3 years ago

So I tried to follow some advice here and bend the snake switch more straight so that it would not just kick the ball out but also register the snake letter shot.

Two questions:

1. How is it that the switch register enough to kick the ball out but not give the snake letter? It is only one switch so how can it do one thing and not the other?

2. Since I tried to bend the switch without removing anything I broke the arm off of it. So now is the only way to fix it to remove the entire snake from underneath the playfield to get to the switch and fix?

Thanks for you help and answers on both above. Just trying to understand how this is a switch issue...

#6621 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So I tried to follow some advice here and bend the snake switch more straight so that it would not just kick the ball out but also register the snake letter shot.
Two questions:
1. How is it that the switch register enough to kick the ball out but not give the snake letter? It is only one switch so how can it do one thing and not the other?
2. Since I tried to bend the switch without removing anything I broke the arm off of it. So now is the only way to fix it to remove the entire snake from underneath the playfield to get to the switch and fix?
Thanks for you help and answers on both above. Just trying to understand how this is a switch issue...

Sorry your switch broke. The way i understand it is that the switch gives the machine a flakey/jittery on/off signal and the game just spits it out. Whereas if you bend the arm up a bit the switch is solid on or off. Then it gives you the award etc.

#6622 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Helping friend work on his met. Lamp matrix column 1 the lights are not blinking in test mode. They stay solid or barely blink. All other controlled lamps work perfect
What would cause only column 1 not to blink ? Blown diode on the column?

Just to update....He had replaced his power board and when he put the column connector in he had it one over. As soon as I looked at the board I saw what he had done....Problem solved.

#6623 3 years ago

moved post to a rules thread

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Quoted from Sparky:

Continue during CIU, or suspended during CIU, but continue after you collect?

I played last night and had FUEL going when I started CIU. FUEL continued during CIU, but I also started S&D while still in CIU. The video and sounds when it started took priority over Battery CIU, but after that, it was Battery priority.

#6625 3 years ago

I had the chance to finally play a Metallica Premium yesterday, thanks Gribbs, I noticed whenever I shot the left orbit it would hit the post at the top and come back down the lane and never had the ball go around or even get to the top.lanes from the left orbit , is that normal ?

#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I had the chance to finally play a Metallica Premium yesterday, thanks Gribbs, I noticed whenever I shot the left orbit it would hit the post at the top and come back down the lane and never had the ball go around or even get to the top.lanes from the left orbit , is that normal ?

This is an ongoing problem with the post. My understanding is that its supposed to hit the post, stop(Post then drops) and slowly dribble down to the right pops. Mine has never done that though. There are a couple of fixes to make this act correctly, such as a new metal post and ensuring your post is level with the playfield when in the down position. I adjusted mine, but it didnt seem to make a difference.

#6627 3 years ago

Ok so thats why people arr talking about changing the post to this metal one. Not sure why metal is any better ,sounds like an alignment issue.

#6628 3 years ago

Another thought
Does the post ever stay down to shoot a smooth left orbit ?

#6629 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Another thought

You can disable the post in the settings, and you will always have a full orbit shot. Many people do this. The problem is that it fundamentally changes the way the game plays. The post is there for a reason. Without it, you will see a lot less pop bumper action.

#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Another thought

Yes, during Lady Justice mode and at least FWTBT CIU. Not sure about the other CIU's. Possibly S&D, too. I can't remember.

#6631 3 years ago

Ok thanks guys,
Now help me out , pro or premium ?
All opinions welcome , seriously help me out .

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ok thanks guys,

Premium. The Hammer smashing the ball through the playfield, combined with an external sub is epic. Rising cross and snake interaction are awesome too.

#6633 3 years ago

You can't go wrong with either.

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ok thanks guys,

You can't go wrong with either one. I usually go with the premium, but in the case of MET, I opted for the pro. Unlike some pros, MET pro doesn't feel like you are playing a drastically stripped down version of the game. It's missing a few cool features, but the main gameplay is essentially the same. Because of this, I figured I'd rather save the money and apply some of it towards mods.

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I adjusted mine, but it didnt seem to make a difference.

Increase your game vertical incline angle (ie raise the back legs to full height of levelers, front to the floor).
Slightly bend the top orbit metal lane near the post.
Small adjustments pay dividends.

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Premium. The Hammer smashing the ball through the playfield, combined with an external sub is epic. Rising cross and snake interaction are awesome too.

Ya I know played premium yesterday with sub.
It was very cool, also the spinners were thumping the sub as well.

Quoted from Buzz:

You can't go wrong with either.

This to , agree

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yes, during Lady Justice mode and at least FWTBT CIU. Not sure about the other CIU's. Possibly S&D, too. I can't remember.

It also opens up for a combo shot whenever you shoot a ramp.

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Increase your game vertical incline angle (ie raise the back legs to full height of levelers, front to the floor).
Slightly bend the top orbit metal lane near the post.
Small adjustments pay dividends.

Thanks, Ill do this. I already took your earlier advice and checked and raised my post level to the height of the PF. I didnt have much time to play, as I promptly busted the second pop up. So its going under the knife. Check your PMs if you will

#6639 3 years ago

Pop up?

#6640 3 years ago

I think he means drop target......but they do pop up.....eventually.

#6641 3 years ago

Oh shoot, yes drop down lol.

#6642 3 years ago

Picking up my Road Case Premie on Sunday. Excited!

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Sorry your switch broke. The way i understand it is that the switch gives the machine a flakey/jittery on/off signal and the game just spits it out. Whereas if you bend the arm up a bit the switch is solid on or off. Then it gives you the award etc.

Makes sense. Strange. So I guess my only option is to take the entire snake mechanism out so I can get to the switch to fix the arm and straighten it?

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Makes sense. Strange. So I guess my only option is to take the entire snake mechanism out so I can get to the switch to fix the arm and straighten it?

This has always confused me, as well. The Mystery Scoop will sometimes do this. It won't register when lit, but it knows it's there because it immediately kicks it out.

#6645 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A DK Pinball power distribution board, for all the power hungry mods your gonna put on it like my Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up both in purple. They bring light to the otherwise dark front of the cab and make it POP.

Got a link to these 2 mods Mustangpaul?

Also, coming up on two years of owning the premium and have never had any bounce back from the pop up post. So still original plastic post. Still need an Aurich hammer and colordmd. Awesome game!!!

#6646 3 years ago

People have mentioned several times about Mylar in the shooter lane. Is there a specific one or is it just a sheet cut to size? Link for the correct product would be appreciated. Thanks.

#6648 3 years ago

Thanks MustangPaul

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I wouldn't think you would have to. When I adjusted mine. I just removed the switch from the side of scoop. Two small screws. Should be able to do the same. If arm is bent...straighten. if arm is broke...replace it. If switch is bad...solder on a new one. And reinstall.

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I wouldn't think you would have to. When I adjusted mine. I just removed the switch from the side of scoop. Two small screws. Should be able to do the same. If arm is bent...straighten. if arm is broke...replace it. If switch is bad...solder on a new one. And reinstall.

I might be able to get something in there but it is a tight squeeze. However it is not a screw but a small hex head or bolt? What size is that little bugger? None of my sockets will fit it for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
There are 17241 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside