IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 433.
#6551 7 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Adjust the height of the post. Most likely need to lower it. Also check the level of the back of the playfield.

How do you adjust the height of the post? I thought once you change the plastic post to the metal post the height is dictated by the length of the armature and not adjustable.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I changed my post out to the metal one and only very very rarely get a bounce back now. Love it.

Do you have to remove the assembly from underneath the playfield to change the post?

#6552 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do you adjust the height of the post? I thought once you change the plastic post to the metal post the height is dictated by the length of the armature and not adjustable.

Do you have to remove the assembly from underneath the playfield to change the post?

I think you just adjust the screw on the stopper, but I don't know that I want to lower mine, shouldn't it be set based on when it's down?
Like when it's down it should be level with the playfield, I don't want to lower it below that.

#6553 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Set screw with locking washer nut, bottom of the coil post assembly bracket. It pushes the bell armature up vertically. Loosen nut, turn screw clockwise to raise post height. Post should be level with the playfield surface while in the "rest" non-energized state. See related posts in this thread for visual reference. Metal post is slightly shorter than the factory nylon post.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How you have to remove the assembly from underneath the playfield to change the post?

Remove bracket mounting screws from playfield, then mounting coil sleeve internal bracket sleeve from assembly via set screws.
Requires hex nut driver and phillips screwdriver. Slide coil, internal bracket, and bell armature out of main coil bracket. Replace armature, reverse procedure.
Retain factory coil sleeve for playfield insertion for post stability and centering.
Entire assembly is not required to be removed from the game, if you are careful regarding coil wiring.

#6554 7 years ago

Duplicate post.
Keep flipping!

#6555 7 years ago

Hey guys I have looked for the link to buy the Orbit Post but I can not find it

Can someone help ?

Thanks

#6556 7 years ago

Is this the one ?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6557 7 years ago

I didn't have to make any height adjustments.
Williams/Bally Bell Armature (Plunger) Assembly A-17986

pbl_A-17986
Yes, that is the part.

#6558 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I didn't have to make any height adjustments.
Williams/Bally Bell Armature (Plunger) Assembly A-17986
pbl_A-17986
Yes, that is the part.

Thanks so much !

#6559 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Set screw with locking washer nut, bottom of the coil post assembly bracket. It pushes the bell armature up vertically. Loosen nut, turn screw clockwise to raise post height. Post should be level with the playfield surface while in the "rest" non-energized state. See related posts in this thread for visual reference. Metal post is slightly shorter than the factory nylon post.

Thanks for your help, I did this to mine and it seemed to help the right side orbit, although i did get a kickback from the left everytime still. I could only play one game, as another pop up broke, so I guess its going under the knife soon.

#6561 7 years ago

Got my MET items back from Bre with a fresh coat of paint. What an amazing talent.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6562 7 years ago

If anyone is interested in amazing custom paint jobs, let me know and I'll provide you with her contact info.

#6563 7 years ago

That looks great ... I got a DD one back in the day and while there is some value in it being the original artist I gotta say those look better.

#6564 7 years ago

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to remove sparky?

#6565 7 years ago

Question.

I have the loop post disabled, I feel it some ways it slows down the pace of the game. Is there any benefits to having it enabled at all?

Thanks

#6567 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Question.
I have the loop post disabled, I feel it some ways it slows down the pace of the game. Is there any benefits to having it enabled at all?
Thanks

Yes, it feeds the top lanes, which allow you to light those inserts and gain value in your mystery awards. I would never disable it.

#6568 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

That looks great ... I got a DD one back in the day and while there is some value in it being the original artist I gotta say those look better.

The unmodified Sparky was also designed and colored by Dirty Donny. Makes you think.

#6569 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The unmodified Sparky was also designed and colored by Dirty Donny. Makes you think.

Lol..true....people are painting over their dirty Donny

#6570 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Lol..true....people are painting over their dirty Donny

Not me...I like my original factory DD.

#6571 7 years ago

Me too!

IMG_20151021_220457208_(resized).jpgIMG_20151021_220457208_(resized).jpg

#6572 7 years ago

I like my fleshy Sparky. I definitely want to add the EL wires to the helmet, though.

#6573 7 years ago

I've always wondered why he has a Chow dog purple tongue?

#6574 7 years ago

Helping friend work on his met. Lamp matrix column 1 the lights are not blinking in test mode. They stay solid or barely blink. All other controlled lamps work perfect

What would cause only column 1 not to blink ? Blown diode on the column?

#6575 7 years ago

It's on its way this week!

And not a moment too soon as far as fam is concerned. Focus is fleeting, productivity definitely went down the tubes! Will the game turn on? Will the box come looking more trapezoid than square? Will the driver smell of illicit substances?
Oh yeah, wife says Ive jumped the four horsemen a bit and at times look like a constipated space cadet.
I beg to differ! So what if I choose to chisel my own wood cross grave markers in my free time?
Oh that exciting time between delivery and arrival!!
Pin geek chuckles aside -and maybe the newbie newness has worn off for you but remember that anticipation for your first "new" game?
I can't wait to crank this up!!
How does one cope?

#6576 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

And not a moment too soon as far as fam is concerned. Focus is fleeting, productivity definitely went down the tubes! Will the game turn on? Will the box come looking more trapezoid than square? Will the driver smell of illicit substances?
Oh yeah, wife says Ive jumped the four horsemen a bit and at times look like a constipated space cadet.
I beg to differ! So what if I choose to chisel my own wood cross grave markers in my free time?
Pin geek chuckles aside -and maybe the newbie newness has worn off for you but remember that anticipation for your first "new" game?
How does one cope?

I remember just 2 months ago the Heinz ketchup anticipation waiting game - couldn't stand it.

What's worse was that it was delivered to my house on a Friday afternoon, but I was not contacted by the freight company beforehand & therefore wasn't home so they had to truck my MET premium 80 miles back to the main freight depot to re-schedule.

Got the pin later the next week and the shipping company said the distro never put on the delivery notice to contact me ahead of time (like he was supposed to).

Kinda pissed me off considering I e-mailed the distro the week before for shipping/tracking info and it was never provided until after the fact (and another e-mail) plus 160 miles of unnecessary travel.

Badger your distro if you have to in order to get tracking info yourself to avoid missed deliveries.

#6577 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

How does one cope?

Awesome news! It means mine can't be too far off either.

#6578 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

How does one cope?

Keep calm and breath deep...innnnn and ouuuuut....into a paper bag. Aint nuttin like your first NIB game. Just remember the put new balls in it and chuck those stock ones.

#6579 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Helping friend work on his met. Lamp matrix column 1 the lights are not blinking in test mode. They stay solid or barely blink. All other controlled lamps work perfect
What would cause only column 1 not to blink ? Blown diode on the column?

I would say that the column 1 transistor is fried due to something or someone shorting it.

#6580 7 years ago

Few new additions to my met ... color dmd, topper, pdi glass and purple Armor (partially installed lol) Also have speaker lights and inserts, hooked spinners and few other goodies to be installed. I must say met has the best color dots ever and is a must have along with the total lightshow and pdi glass. Such a great pin .20160405_014007.jpg20160405_014007.jpg20160405_014507.jpg20160405_014507.jpg20160405_014554.jpg20160405_014554.jpg

20160405_014943-1.jpg20160405_014943-1.jpg

#6581 7 years ago

Thats a sweet topper where did you get it?

#6582 7 years ago
Quoted from DeafnDumb:

Thats a sweet topper where did you get it?

Lasseriffic

#6583 7 years ago

so much purple....

#6584 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Few new additions to my met ... color dmd, topper, pdi glass and purple Armor (partially installed lol) Also have speaker lights and inserts, hooked spinners and few other goodies to be installed. I must say met has the best color dots ever and is a must have along with the total lightshow and pdi glass. Such a great pin .20160405_014007.jpg20160405_014507.jpg20160405_014554.jpg

20160405_014943-1.jpg

I really dig the purple armor on MET....is this from pinball refinery?? There candy purple is pretty sweet.

#6585 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

so much purple....

YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE

#6586 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I would say that the column 1 transistor is fried due to something or someone shorting it.

Can you tell me where on board column 1 Trans would be. I wish the manual was on line..

#6587 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Can you tell me where on board column 1 Trans would be. I wish the manual was on line..

Still haven't learned to read these things but the manual is here - http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/metallica/pro/421/MTLAB1.PDF

Looks like about mid way through it has the boards drawn out.

#6589 7 years ago

Ordered my armor from the pinball Refinery. How easy is that to install?

#6590 7 years ago

My take on sparky

20160405_105201_(resized).jpg20160405_105201_(resized).jpg

#6591 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I really dig the purple armor on MET....is this from pinball refinery?? There candy purple is pretty sweet.

Yep .. I was worried about to much purple but man it looks nice and really slick in person

#6592 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Ordered my armor from the pinball Refinery. How easy is that to install?

Its fairly easy just takes time and gotta be careful

#6593 7 years ago

Is the general consensus still the Pinball Life ultra high gloss carbon core pinballs are the best for MET? I noticed last night that the stock balls that came NIB have some marks on them. Worried it may damage the playfield if I don't switch them out now.

#6594 7 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Is the general consensus still the Pinball Life ultra high gloss carbon core pinballs are the best for MET? I noticed last night that the stock balls that came NIB have some marks on them. Worried it may damage the playfield if I don't switch them out now.

Yup, toss those stock balls. Order 4-5 sets and save on shipping cuz ya know you'll always need more.

#6595 7 years ago

Playing some MET today and had a few observations and questions for maybe those that know:

- There's an opto at the base of Sparky's feet which detects hits. Does the standup between the feet score different than the opto switch or is it basically the same?

- I had multiball going and shot the snake while the other ball drained. I got the display for 2x playfield scoring, but the snake spit the ball back out, there was no add a ball and no 2x playfield scoring. Looks be a minor bug I guess.

- I'm wondering what happens to some modes when CIU is started. For example, I had the coffin hurry up lit and started CIU. The coffin hurry up did not appear to score after CIU started.

- Does anyone really care about shooting the piston target? I NEVER go for that shot. The 2x multiplier from there 'seems' to time out much quicker than the snake 20 second timer.

- The snake mouth can be open at the start of a multiball, but doesn't count for 2x and add a ball. It has to be closed and then opened again by the guitar picks. Maybe this is a minor bug too?

- Wish there was a visual cue for coffin lock lit (premium)

- What's the highest score multiplier you can get in the game? It doesn't usually get very big because of the way the targets work.

- Started CIU with the drop targets down. They stayed down during CIU. Maybe they should reset? I was playing Enter Sandman and after only 20 seconds and a few hits (some to the back target opto) the collect was already lit. So soon?

Met plays very well rounded with a good balance of risk and reward. I think I haven't even really figured out a lot of the more subtle nuances of the game even after 2 years of ownership.

Rob

#6596 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- I'm wondering what happens to some modes when CIU is started. For example, I had the coffin hurry up lit and started CIU. The coffin hurry up did not appear to score after CIU started.

Certain modes are suspended during CIU. You can't start Lady Justice, Blackened, S&D, or FUEL during CIU. Since you can't collect inserts toward CIU during CIU, I would assume Coffin Hurry-up gets suspended, as well.

Quoted from Rob_G:

- Does anyone really care about shooting the piston target? I NEVER go for that shot. The 2x multiplier from there 'seems' to time out much quicker than the snake 20 second timer.

Snake 2x can only be started during a multiball. Piston 2x can be started any time, including during multiball, along with Snake 2x for 4x. The Piston 2x timer can also be re-started by hitting the lane again, so you can keep this going indefinitely. The Piston 2x is also very important during CIU mode because you can double your "Collect" jackpot. This is where HUGE points can be awarded. 50mil becomes 100mil or 100mil becomes 200mil. Big differences.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I was playing Enter Sandman and after only 20 seconds and a few hits (some to the back target opto) the collect was already lit. So soon?

"Collect" lights as soon as you hit the Snake, Coffin, Sparky, and Cross one time each. If you can do it in 20 seconds, it will light in 20 seconds.

#6597 7 years ago

Hitting the piston target after a ramp or any combo shot scores huge points.. and it builds after each completed combo to the piston target. It is a huge oversight that most players have no idea about.

#6598 7 years ago

I have my met pro on order.

I was wondering what protectors are a must and where they can be sourced?

I did try to plow through this post but 132 pages over 2 years was a lot.

Snake fang and tongue mod seems like a must. Any others either physical or lighting that you think add to game play and/or really upgrade the look? I was looking at PinGraffix products a bit today.

#6599 7 years ago
Quoted from bax:

I have my met pro on order.
I was wondering what protectors are a must and where they can be sourced?
I did try to plow through this post but 132 pages over 2 years was a lot.
Snake fang and tongue mod seems like a must. Any others either physical or lighting that you think add to game play and/or really upgrade the look? I was looking at PinGraffix products a bit today.

External subwoofer should be mod #1!

#6600 7 years ago

Where can I get different color led boards? I want to change a couple of the inserts. I have the fuel ones from pinbits, but was looking to change out more of the whites in the crosses and multi ball inserts

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.