IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 433.
#6301 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

20160303_195335_(resized).jpg

Is that a working RPM gauge when FUEL is lit?

#6302 8 years ago

Sparky "Shake and Bake":

For MET owners, if you want Sparky to react more "violently" during electrocution, adjust your spring by turning it to the left side (left shoulder) instead of the factory installed bottom. This is closer to the Sparky fulcrum point.

Tightness of screw remains the same.
You may do this with a perpendicular screwdriver or removing the back panel and adjusting with a regular magnetic screwdriver by pulling back the Sparky activation coil latch. Hold the spring so it does not rotate down.

Ensure that spring does not touch the chair and cause tension "drag".

If you really want to "light Sparky up" and get him "Rockin' and Rollin'", change out the spring with a slightly shorter and higher tension spring (old style early Bally flipper return spring) and he will really start shaking. Keep in mind the spring strength must not be too high in order for the coil to get maximum "pull".

In either case, no damage will occur to the assembly, but the spring replacement method might be a bit to much for some people. It makes Sparky look like he is having a seizure.

NOTE: Using small springs like lock out coils are too short and high tension for this purpose.

#6303 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Is that a working RPM gauge when FUEL is lit?

PM sent in explanation.
This is not simple modification.

#6305 8 years ago

Cliff em All!!!!!

#6306 8 years ago

My first concert was Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne in support of the Masters of Puppets tour. I went in an Ozzy fan, and came out a Metallic a fan! Poster and picture discs are from when I was a kid, 1986...

1026152025_(resized).jpg1026152025_(resized).jpg

#6307 8 years ago

My first concert was Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne in support of the Masters of Puppets tour. I went in an Ozzy fan, and came out a Metallic a fan! Poster and picture discs are from when I was a kid, 1986...

#6308 8 years ago

I've had my pro for a couple weeks now... Such a sick game. I've installed an absurd amount of lighting mods, gonna put in my Cliffy's tonight. So the only thing left to mess around with are the songs. Anybody have any cool alt. music roms they'd be willing to share? Looking to replace some of the slower stuff, but I'm open to anything... Even a full replacement... some King Diamond perhaps? Maybe a little Darkthrone? Please PM me if you have any links, thanks rockers!

#6309 8 years ago

Finally installed my spinner kit, and looks like I may be leaving the club shortly... =/

Interesting way to cut plastic here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-you-need-a-plastic-surgeon-go-to-the-dentist#post-3014926

#6310 8 years ago

Oh man....just had my highest scoring game EVER. Played for about 20 straight and wound up with 242,664,020. Pretty good for me.

IMGA0410[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0410[1]_(resized).JPG

#6311 8 years ago

I love coming home after work, grabbing a 1554 and playing some Metallica! Can't believe I was thinking about selling this game... It's so damn good.

#6312 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I love coming home after work, grabbing a 1554 and playing some Metallica! Can't believe I was thinking about selling this game... It's so damn good.

Yup and there are sooooo many cool mods out for it too...and another "original" one will be hitting the market soon.

#6313 8 years ago

Joining this club, gentleman. Excited.

#6315 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Joining this club, gentleman. Excited.

Also, welcome.
Everyone loves a Bah-ba-Que....

#6316 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I know Aurich has talked about having his version molded

FWIW my guy still wants to do this, he even built a rotocast rig for it, I've seen the video of it in action. Just busy like me is all, hard to make pinball mods a priority sometimes when life keeps throwing other things for you to juggle. I'm just now catching up on this thread for instance, which is why I'm replying to an 11 day old post!

#6317 8 years ago

Wannabe owner here hopefully pending endorsement ...with a question for clarification on making adj to callouts and music settings. I know some have added mods for headphones etc. but can the music be turned really really low or off turned off? Trust and believe it will bump during day but I'm the night owl - fam in bed early. Didn't see anything mentioned - appreciate it!

#6318 8 years ago

I bought the headphone jack from Lorenzo at Pinnovators. It allows you to flick a switch on the coin door and play all music / sounds through the headphones, completely silencing the speakers. It's amazing - others can only hear the ball noise. The added bonus is a built-in subwoofer output that you can hook up with the same setup.

#6319 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

FWIW my guy still wants to do this, he even built a rotocast rig for it, I've seen the video of it in action. Just busy like me is all, hard to make pinball mods a priority sometimes when life keeps throwing other things for you to juggle. I'm just now catching up on this thread for instance, which is why I'm replying to an 11 day old post!

I'm in on the the next run

#6320 8 years ago

I just put on 3 carbon fiber magnet protectors on my MET Premium & am now experiencing numerous massive air balls, especially around the coffin magnet.

The carbon fiber seems rather thick and I think the pinball hits the front edge of the protector causing enough lift so that when the Newton ball is struck the sphere-on-sphere contact sends the pinball flying. This lift probably occurs at the other 2 protectors as well, but not as noticable.

I'm afraid plastics, Sparky, & other items are going to get damaged so I'm removing them.

In the TWD owner's thread, people are not installing magnet protectors at all since the core is already surrounded by a metal casing, but MET magnets don't have this, so I need some protection to prevent playfield chipping.

Cling vinyl was suggested as it has no adhesive, but there are Mylar protector rings availble through Marco & Pinball Life.

What would work best?

#6321 8 years ago

So very close to joining the club! I'm arguing the old pro vs premium debate with myself. Going premium would REALLY stretch my budget and I'm just not sure it would be worth it. Biggest thing I love is the lighting, and with the total lightshow it looks like I can get most of that in a pro down the road. I believe the premium has a few insert color changes as well though? How are they used compared to the pro?

As for the other differences, I really like the cross and snake jaw, but could live without them. Spinners can be modded in if I miss them, so not too worried there. The hammer...I donno...I love what it does but really do not like how it looks. I think overall I'd rather have the newton ball on that one, but then the coffin insert really looks out of place. And I do love the physical ball lock. So 50/50 on that one. Translite art I do not have a huge preference either way. So I'm pretty torn. It sounds like the pro is right for me, but I worry about always having a little regret deep down, LOL! Good problem to have I guess. If the budget was just a little looser right now, I'd go premium and never look back. Unfortunately I have a time sensitive deal on the line and this would likely be my last chance at a NIB of either. Not that I'm against HUO, but it seems the majority of them are going for more than NIB lately. Maybe I should just choose a different pro for now (I have others on my wishlist almost as high where the pro is fine...looking at you TWD...) and hope to find and afford a used premium down the road...

Anyway...mostly just thinking outloud here. I know the pro vs premium argument has been beaten to death so I do not want to rehash all of that too much. As it's a few months further along from the last thread I read on that manner, does anyone have any regrets going one way or the other?

#6322 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

So very close to joining the club! I'm arguing the old pro vs premium debate with myself. Going premium would REALLY stretch my budget and I'm just not sure it would be worth it. Biggest thing I love is the lighting, and with the total lightshow it looks like I can get most of that in a pro down the road. I believe the premium has a few insert color changes as well though? How are they used compared to the pro?
As for the other differences, I really like the cross and snake jaw, but could live without them. Spinners can be modded in if I miss them, so not too worried there. The hammer...I donno...I love what it does but really do not like how it looks. I think overall I'd rather have the newton ball on that one, but then the coffin insert really looks out of place. And I do love the physical ball lock. So 50/50 on that one. Translite art I do not have a huge preference either way. So I'm pretty torn. It sounds like the pro is right for me, but I worry about always having a little regret deep down, LOL! Good problem to have I guess. If the budget was just a little looser right now, I'd go premium and never look back. Unfortunately I have a time sensitive deal on the line and this would likely be my last chance at a NIB of either. Not that I'm against HUO, but it seems the majority of them are going for more than NIB lately. Maybe I should just choose a different pro for now (I have others on my wishlist almost as high where the pro is fine...looking at you TWD...) and hope to find and afford a used premium down the road...
Anyway...mostly just thinking outloud here. I know the pro vs premium argument has been beaten to death so I do not want to rehash all of that too much. As it's a few months further along from the last thread I read on that manner, does anyone have any regrets going one way or the other?

I was also torn on a MET Pro vs Premium for a NIB.

I played a MET Pro for about a year in a barcade and just loved the thing & almost bought it from the barcade manager.

Then made a 60 mile special trip to another barcade just to try out a Premium (never played one before) and the GI lighting sold me on it, as well as the other additional stuff.

I agree with you on that awkward size of the hammer, may replace it down the line.

#6323 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm in on the the next run

I talked to him yesterday, it's still something he's working on doing. I'll update when I actually have news.

#6324 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I talked to him yesterday, it's still something he's working on doing. I'll update when I actually have news.

Thanks!

#6325 8 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I bought the headphone jack from Lorenzo at Pinnovators. It allows you to flick a switch on the coin door and play all music / sounds through the headphones, completely silencing the speakers. It's amazing - others can only hear the ball noise. The added bonus is a built-in subwoofer output that you can hook up with the same setup.

Mute switch also mutes the powered sub!

#6326 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I just put on 3 carbon fiber magnet protectors on my MET Premium & am now experiencing numerous massive air balls, especially around the coffin magnet.
The carbon fiber seems rather thick and I think the pinball hits the front edge of the protector causing enough lift so that when the Newton ball is struck the sphere-on-sphere contact sends the pinball flying. This lift probably occurs at the other 2 protectors as well, but not as noticable.
I'm afraid plastics, Sparky, & other items are going to get damaged so I'm removing them.
In the TWD owner's thread, people are not installing magnet protectors at all since the core is already surrounded by a metal casing, but MET magnets don't have this, so I need some protection to prevent playfield chipping.
Cling vinyl was suggested as it has no adhesive, but there are Mylar protector rings availble through Marco & Pinball Life.
What would work best?

I have them to and notice nothing strange eg no extra airball. Have a pro so no magnet to be protected at the coffin though

#6327 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

does anyone have any regrets going one way or the other?

NO regrets going Premium.

#6328 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I was also torn on a MET Pro vs Premium for a NIB.
I played a MET Pro for about a year in a barcade and just loved the thing & almost bought it from the barcade manager.
Then made a 60 mile special trip to another barcade just to try out a Premium (never played one before) and the GI lighting sold me on it, as well as the other additional stuff.
I agree with you on that awkward size of the hammer, may replace it down the line.

I was just the opposite. Played an LE for about two years on location. Then played a Pro and was amazed at the difference. I thought it was way better. To me, removing the hammer was a surprising improvement.

It's hard to explain, but the Pro, was faster, cleaner, and more fun. I'm convinced that that the hammer blocks the view and interrupts the game.

The Pro wasn't about the cost, either. With all the mods I have into the Pro (total lightshow, spinner, purple armor, updated sound...) I paid more than a stock NIB Premium.

For me, the extra money I spent improved the game with features I wanted, rather than having the Hammer, etc. I paid for it, but I got what I feel is a better game for the money.

I know many owners love the hammer. I'm not one of them. Glad there are two great versions of Metallica so everybody is happy.

#6329 8 years ago

The main thing I would miss giving up my LE for a Pro, besides the lighting, is the two stage snake mouth. That's the best feature.

#6330 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

What would work best?

You have cube to replace Newton ball?

#6331 8 years ago

Got word this morning that my Metallica Pro is ready for shipment. Super excited.

#6332 8 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Got word this morning that my Metallica Pro is ready for shipment. Super excited.

Congrats! You will love it. It has become my favorite table.

#6333 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

You have cube to replace Newton ball?

Yeah, still have the cube, but like the Newton ball much better. Didn't have massive air balls after I did the Newton ball swap even after 50-60 plays, but immediate airballs after installing the carbon fiber magnet protector.

#6334 8 years ago

My premium Roadcase is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait as it's my first NIB. Thanks JJ.

#6335 8 years ago

PM sent in explanation.
This is not simple modification.

This bums me out, cause when I first saw it for Mustang, I wanted it, but I kind of thought it would be a PITA and beyond my technical abilities.

#6336 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Get the premium!!!

#6337 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I was just the opposite. Played an LE for about two years on location. Then played a Pro and was amazed at the difference. I thought it was way better. To me, removing the hammer was a surprising improvement.
It's hard to explain, but the Pro, was faster, cleaner, and more fun. I'm convinced that that the hammer blocks the view and interrupts the game.
The Pro wasn't about the cost, either. With all the mods I have into the Pro (total lightshow, spinner, purple armor, updated sound...) I paid more than a stock NIB Premium.
For me, the extra money I spent improved the game with features I wanted, rather than having the Hammer, etc. I paid for it, but I got what I feel is a better game for the money.
I know many owners love the hammer. I'm not one of them. Glad there are two great versions of Metallica so everybody is happy.

The Hammer does not block the view. That is a mute point and has been for a few years now.

#6338 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The Hammer does not block the view. That is a mute point and has been for a few years now.

Whatever you can't see because the hammer is front of is blocked.

Perhaps you think whatever it is behind the hammer is not important to see

I didn't notice how much better it was to see the captive ball without the non-blocking hammer until I played a Pro.

Some like the hammer, I get it. But it blocks something just by being on the playfield. It isn't "see-through."

#6339 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Yeah, still have the cube, but like the Newton ball much better. Didn't have massive air balls after I did the Newton ball swap even after 50-60 plays, but immediate airballs after installing the carbon fiber magnet protector.

The thick protectors will make balls bounce up. I came up with these simple vinyl covers that can be replaced at the first sign of any wear. They are cheap as well. 10 for $12.00 mailed first class in the U.S.

IMG_0143_(resized).JPGIMG_0143_(resized).JPG

#6340 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Whatever you can't see because the hammer is front of is blocked.
Perhaps you think whatever it is behind the hammer is not important to see
I didn't notice how much better it was to see the captive ball without the non-blocking hammer until I played a Pro.
Some like the hammer, I get it. But it blocks something just by being on the playfield. It isn't "see-through."

Yea it blocks the mechanism and nothing else, but not going to rehash, we all have opinions. One thing you do miss is the thunderous BOOOOOM when it smashes the ball through the playfield. No mod can replicate or replace it. None.

#6341 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Quoted from Roostking:

Yea it blocks the mechanism and nothing else, but not going to rehash, we all have opinions. One thing you do miss is the thunderous BOOOOOM when it smashes the ball through the playfield. No mod can replicate or replace it. None.

How is there such a large boom when it has a mute point?

#6342 8 years ago

#6343 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

How is there such a large boom when it has a mute point?

I think it sounds more like a rimshot.

#6344 8 years ago

To take this away from bad jokes, how about some teaser content content? My friend Keith told me the other day he's getting ready to try casting Metallica hammers. He's really busy, working and starting a new company ( http://www.fishbonepackaging.co ) but he's a wizard at what he does. I really like working with him, both as a friend and also a great fabricator. He die cut and laser etched the leather for the original Hammer of Justice LE run.

Sorry for the delay, but I'm just super busy, Keith is just super busy, and mod side projects are often hard to find the dedicated time for. I'm gonna send him this post and tell him I'm outing him to the community as saying he's almost ready.

So check out this awesome video he sent me, I'm sure he won't mind me sharing. This is the rotocast jig he built for hollow casting the hammers. They'll be nice and lightweight, won't put any stress on the game's hammer mechanism. It will be motor powered, and as it spins on two axis the resin inside will evenly coat the mold, building up layers as it cures and the motor keeps it distributed. Cool shit.

#6345 8 years ago

I love the hammer, two stage snake, rising cross, light show, and art of the Premium. I'm sure the Pro is just as fun, but the small amount of extra $ it costs to go Premium, it's worth it for these extra features that add so much to the MET experience. It really just depends on budget and if those features are worth it or not- to some they are, to me- "Hell ye-ahh!"

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6346 8 years ago

I also just installed a sheet of Invisiglass in my MET- holy crap, it's amazing. It's like playing with the glass off, without all the noise. The colors pop so much more, and you can see everything so clearly. It's the best mod I've done so far, period.

#6347 8 years ago

I can't wait! I'm in for one!

#6348 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I also just installed a sheet of Invisiglass in my MET- holy crap, it's amazing. It's like playing with the glass off, without all the noise. The colors pop so much more, and you can see everything so clearly. It's the best mod I've done so far, period.

Just avoid Windex and direct spray.
No ammonia, use "Clear Glass" or "Sparkle" on a terry cloth rag, if you want to keep your glass coating.

#6349 8 years ago

Ok since hammers were mentioned. I know I'm late to the clubs and may have missed someone suggest it before... but I think I'd prefer a Kill Em All style hammer. I know it isn't as detailed as justice hammer but come on... It's Kill Em All! And some well placed blood (fake) could really make it "pop"

Been looking at blacksmith hammers at every hardware store for mold candidate. But just a dream for now

#6350 8 years ago

Just avoid Windex and direct spray.
No ammonia, use "Clear Glass" or "Sparkle" on a terry cloth rag, if you want to keep your glass coating.

What about that foam glass cleaner in the blue cans you get at Costco? That's what I've been using.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.