C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 434.
#6151 8 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I use translucent Titan silicone rings on my MET Pro and ordered both the 2 and the 2.5" size, since I wasn't sure. The 2" are just a bit tight. The 2.5" are working really well for me.

Thanks, wanted to be sure 2 1/2 would be big enough before ordering again.

#6152 8 years ago

Tom's metallica:

#6153 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Actually I'm not sure what they are, it's the brand cointaker sells. Stretching not gonna work on these imo.

Cointaker sells Super Bands, which are polyurethane. I've never used their rings, but I really like their mini post rubbers. I have the clear ones on Star Trek, and the game plays super fast with them!

I've grown to love Titan's silicone rings. I've done three complete games with them, and they look and play great.

#6154 8 years ago

I just replaced the top post with the metal one. Holy cow, what a difference. Not a single ball has come back down the left side. I didn't realize how annoying it was until the fix, so much better!

#6155 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just replaced the top post with the metal one. Holy cow, what a difference. Not a single ball has come back down the left side. I didn't realize how annoying it was until the fix, so much better!

Can you please elaborate on this. What post are you talking about, and what part should I replace it with?

#6156 8 years ago

It s the post that pops up in the center of the loop at the back of the playfield. It is plastic at the end on stock game and about 75% of my shots up the left orbit would bounce back down the left, rather than enter the pops and let you collect a rollover lamp. You replace it with metal, no more issue. two minute fix. Pinball life part number A-17986

#6157 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can you please elaborate on this. What post are you talking about, and what part should I replace it with?

they are referring to the pop up post which stops the ball from going around the orbit. The design is on some shots for the post to come up and force the ball to stop and drop into the pops. But frequently on many games, the ball will bounced back to the orbit and come out the left orbit instead of going into the pops. The mod is to replace the plastic post with a metal post. It's listed somewhere back in the thread which post people are using.

#6158 8 years ago

I also ordered the replacement post, but the metal post appears to be smaller in diameter. I was worried that the ball may now catch on the lip of the hole when the post is in the down position and chip the clear coat. Do you see any issues once it was installed? I was afraid to try it.

#6159 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It s the post that pops up in the center of the loop at the back of the playfield. It is plastic at the end on stock game and about 75% of my shots up the left orbit would bounce back down the left, rather than enter the pops and let you collect a rollover lamp. You replace it with metal, no more issue. two minute fix. Pinball life part number A-17986

Quoted from flynnibus:

They are referring to the pop up post which stops the ball from going around the orbit. The design is on some shots for the post to come up and force the ball to stop and drop into the pops. But frequently on many games, the ball will bounced back to the orbit and come out the left orbit instead of going into the pops. The mod is to replace the plastic post with a metal post. It's listed somewhere back in the thread which post people are using.

Thanks, guys! I guess I'll add that part to my ever expanding list.

#6160 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

The best option would be someone with access to Lyman Sheets politely letting him know how much we would all love to have these two switches activated in a future code.
But the spinner activating the standup targets does not bother me one bit.
And being able to complete Fade to Black mode as easy as the LE owners can is awesome.
I never completed that mode once until I installed my spinners.

Or you could do what the rest of us have done if fully functional spinners matter to you.

Buy the premium!

#6161 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Do you power your games on with a different switch at the surge protector?

Yup.

Quoted from Sparky:I now see you are only providing the FTS-8 with 12v.

Yup

#6162 8 years ago
Quoted from baloo70:

I also ordered the replacement post, but the metal post appears to be smaller in diameter. I was worried that the ball may now catch on the lip of the hole when the post is in the down position and chip the clear coat. Do you see any issues once it was installed? I was afraid to try it.

I have only had it on for a half hour . I wouldn't think that would be an issue, but never thought about that. The gameplay is improved, and personally it really wouldn't crush me if the clear coat chipped in a place that will never be visible.

#6163 8 years ago
Quoted from baloo70:

I was worried that the ball may now catch on the lip of the hole when the post is in the down position and chip the clear coat. Do you see any issues once it was installed?

Mine has been fine for over a year, but you could put mylar over the area (and cut out the hole ) if you're worried.

#6164 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Or you could do what the rest of us have done if fully functional spinners matter to you.
Buy the premium!

They do not matter that much to me.
Perfectly happy with them attached to the standups.

#6165 8 years ago

Disable the pop up post, game plays so much faster.

Try it out for 20 games and see what you think

#6166 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Buy the premium!

To me the best value is the premium. The spike leds in the inserts.... color changing leds in some inserts...red/white/blue GI....moving snake jaw...hammer/physical ball lock in coffin....grave marker that moves up and down.. and oh yeah... the spinners

#6167 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Buy the premium!

An interesting idea.

But then you'd have to factor in the cost of removing that butt ugly stupid hammer.

#6168 8 years ago

Bre finished my Gene themed Sparky v2.0. Lovin' it.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6169 8 years ago

awesome "Gene" Sparky!!

#6170 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Try it out for 20 games and see what you think</blockquote ive been wanting todo this with out the post you know have a true skill shot

#6171 8 years ago

Hold down the left flipper on ball launch. The post remains down and the ball orbits. Then one shot will light up for several seconds. If you hit it, it activates the hurry up.

#6172 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Bre finished my Gene themed Sparky v2.0. Lovin' it.

Looks awesome. How hard is it to remove sparky? Is the game still playable without sparky?

#6173 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What is the general con consensus on this? Do most people disable it? Wouldn't it make it so that the ball rarely winds up in the pops?

#6174 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What is the general con consensus on this? Do most people disable it? Wouldn't it make it so that the ball rarely winds up in the pops?

I don't know if most people set theirs like this and yes you get much less pop bumper time.

In multiball is the biggest diff as auto launches go through the orbit to the left flipper, try it out for a bit and give some feedback.

#6175 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My pro should be ready sometime in March, so I'm ready to start assembling mods for it. Here's what I'm thinking ...
Cliffy protectors
Snake fangs and tongue decal
Coffin decal
Plastic protectors (unsure of which ones to get)
Speaker lights with acrylic inserts
Lighted flipper buttons
Button-guard side rails
Playfield support brackets
Sparky EL wire mod
Target splints
Mirror blades
Total Lightshow mod
Backbox light kit (who makes the best one?)
Color DMD
Titan competiton silicone rings
Is there anything important that I'm missing? I can't believe how quickly the mods add up on this game!

Your missing the
Pinnovators pp2mac headphone kit with built in up and down game volume controls and powered sub audio out adapter.
I also am a big fan of the green plastic protectors for the sling shot and ball drains.. Gives the lower play field that green look

#6176 8 years ago

Am I correct in assuming that the finish on these siderails will perfectly match the finish on the existing hinges and lockdown bar?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

#6177 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Am I correct in assuming that the finish on these siderails will perfectly match the finish on the existing hinges and lockdown bar?

Yes-they are a perfect match. I just installed my last weekend.

#6178 8 years ago
Quoted from baloo70:

Yes-they are a perfect match. I just installed my last weekend.

Awesome. Thanks!

#6179 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know if most people set theirs like this and yes you get much less pop bumper time.
In multiball is the biggest diff as auto launches go through the orbit to the left flipper, try it out for a bit and give some feedback.

I'm a convert. I've played it with both settings, and I prefer when the post is disabled.

I didn't think I would like the game different from factory, but I'm convinced - the game is just a lot better without the post.

#6180 8 years ago

I guess is should play the game both ways for a while before I order the replacement post. No point in spending the money if I'm just going to disable the post anyway.

#6181 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Some additional discussion on this topic from a couple years back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-disable-loop-diverter

#6182 8 years ago

I'm against disabling the pop up post. The "flow" of the game doesn't matter much to me as this was the way it was intended....plenty of "flow" without it being disabled. I like giving the pops a work out...especially with HOOKEDS pop caps MOD....so pretty

I will also recommend Pinnovators volume/headphone/sub kits.....having all that without opening up the game is super slick. +1

#6183 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

An interesting idea.
But then you'd have to factor in the cost of removing that butt ugly stupid hammer.

That's easy. Adding the cost to remove this feature = $0. Handful of screws to remove the hammer assembly and then a couple of adjustments to turn it off in the code to function like a pro.

Still think some of you put to much dislike on the hammer. It's a cool feature that can be removed/turned off very easily if you don't like it. If someone makes a smaller hammer head at a more reasonable cost then it will be even better. Still suprised someone like mezelmods hasn't worked up something in the 3D printer. I know Aurich has talked about having his version molded but there is room in the market for one to be made that doesn't have to look like his. I'd be perfectly happy with just one that looked like a wood hammer. Even as simple as something like the below. If I had a 3d printer there would already be one on the market as well as a sleeve to go around the handle to make it all match.

a_(resized).jpga_(resized).jpg

#6184 8 years ago

Hammer of justice crushes you overpower. Probably a simple gavel would do the trick. Lathe some cool etchings in it and it would be a winner.

#6185 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I guess is should play the game both ways for a while before I order the replacement post. No point in spending the money if I'm just going to disable the post anyway.

I have tried this in my IM. I didn't enjoy that the ball rarely made it into the pops. I have ordered metal replacement posts for both MET and IM.

#6186 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's easy. Adding the cost to remove this feature = $0. Handful of screws to remove the hammer assembly and then a couple of adjustments to turn it off in the code to function like a pro.

You're forgetting the extra $1000 just for the opportunity to remove it.

#6187 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

??

#6188 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I have tried this in my IM. I didn't enjoy that the ball rarely made it into the pops. I have ordered metal replacement posts for both MET and IM.

I disabled it on my IM. I hated the fact that the skill shot required zero skill. I also have it disabled on my Tron.

#6189 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Your missing the
Pinnovators pp2mac headphone kit with built in up and down game volume controls and powered sub audio out adapter.

These are great! Right there with a subwoofer and shaker as "must" mods on all my new games.

#6190 8 years ago

I own a Pro metallica. the uppost in the back broke where the plastic attaches to the metal. I replaced it. It works fine now.
Great game! Hard shots up the metal ramps. I have most of the high scores on the song modes.

#6191 8 years ago

It's the approximate cost savings of a game that already comes without the hammer.

#6192 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's the approximate cost savings of a game that already comes without the hammer.

But there are other features included in the premium besides the hammer that have been listed many times.

#6193 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Come on now. I'm not going to list all the differences between a pro and Prem/LE again as it's in this thread a million times.

I get that some will like a pro over a Prem/LE and visa versa but Let's be intelligent here in the argument at least.

#6194 8 years ago

I'm a pretty new MET pro owner. The post sends 90% of my left loop shots straight back down the left side. So I figured I might as well disable it. The only thing that's stopping me, is when I disabled the post on my IM I saw quite a bit lower scores due to not being able to take advantage of super pops. So I guess my question is, what would I be missing out on if the ball rarely made it into the pops on MET?

#6195 8 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I'm a pretty new MET pro owner. The post sends 90% of my left loop shots straight back down the left side. So I figured I might as well disable it. The only thing that's stopping me, is when I disabled the post on my IM I saw quite a bit lower scores due to not being able to take advantage of super pops. So I guess my question is, what would I be missing out on if the ball rarely made it into the pops on MET?

I'm wondering the same, don't you have to hit a certain amount of pops to get to CIU?

#6196 8 years ago

No CIT is based on getting a certain amount of sparky, snake, cross, and coffin shots.

#6197 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No CIT is based on getting a certain amount of sparky, snake, cross, and coffin shots.

Thanks, I will probably disable post as well then, when I get mine. What does pops do as far as scoring then?

#6198 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

and those are the ones that don't have the 3 screw holes in them. I had mine powder coated for my BF.

IMGA0303[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0303[1]_(resized).JPG

#6199 8 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Wait... Unless I'm misunderstanding, you're disabling it for the wrong reason. There is nowhere else for the left side to go. The problem is with it bouncing the right shot back down the lane instead of stopping the ball to drop into the pops.

I have the factory plastic post and it has never been a problem. The only shots that are rejected back down the right lane are the ones that are going ripping fast (like after a loop is completed). Doesn't even happen once per game.

#6200 8 years ago

It's not the pop bumpers you need, it's more chances at the rollover inserts above them to earn better mystery awards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.