C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 434.
#6001 8 years ago

Ohhh Yeeeaaahhhaaaa.....

IMG_3546_(resized).JPGIMG_3546_(resized).JPG

#6003 8 years ago

Dammit, my MET premium must be shipping via Llama Express.

#6004 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Dammit, my MET premium must be shipping via Llama Express.

I ordered mine around the first of the year.... you?

#6005 8 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

I ordered mine around the first of the year.... you?

Yeah, 'bout the same time, 1st week in January I believe

#6006 8 years ago

So i got a full day of modding tomorrow, i will be adding a Color Dmd, hooked spinners and Mezel flashing Cemetery arch. This is already on top of 20 other Mods i have. This has to be the best pin to mod since Tron! Maybe the best ever. Here is a before pic.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6007 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Could it be the infamous power on with the coindoor open bug/glitch with Metallica? That either blows magnet fuses or makes the sparky coil smoke.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-sparky-short-warning

I do leave the coin door open when I do the code update but I don't pull out the playfield with the door open. Not sure about grounding. I don't touch anything except put the usb stick in and switch the switch

#6008 8 years ago

YES! Finally made it to The End of The Line... All factory settings. Had this game since new and this was the first time. Epic game.. So much fun. I had changed the music and was playing to My Apocalypse. Perhaps that was the key. Could have done even better if my damn snake switch was working properly. Goes in and spits out but sometime doesn't register. Still won't forget the rush of this one... Still shaking!

#6009 8 years ago

Respect. Never made it to EOL (yet) but even without reaching eol this pin is great to play and mod

Installed a 120 Watt active subwoofer couple of weeks ago (soldered parallel over the cabinet speaker, sorry) and that adds a lot more as I expected, the bass is now just ]}#%^^. Hooked it also up to my acdc, same added fun

#6010 8 years ago

I know its probably in this thread but how do you get to end of line?

#6011 8 years ago

You have to get to all the crank it up modes and then light crank it up one more time for end of the line.

#6012 8 years ago

Here is a couple of pics of my MET pro. I really love the snake mod which I installed a couple weeks back. Great pin!

#6013 8 years ago

I'm going to be joining the club soon, other than the color DMD, What are some must have mods?

#6014 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm going to be joining the club soon, other than the color DMD, What are some must have mods?

This is one of the few games I havnt modded to the hilt. I only added the Color DMD, a topper and the color filters for the FUEL inserts. Color DMD is a must on every game.

#6015 8 years ago

I put the protective stuff on first
The neon green plastic protector dress kits looks awesome
Cliffy shooter and mystery scoop
I relocated the sling spots to backlight the fuel target on the left (added a red led)
Relocated the rt sling spot to the mystery scoop with a flex green led
Ordered my first Color DMD, shaker and a pinovators sound board for my sub hookup
When the hammer comes down the room shakes
Skull / piston shooter rod
Captive ball to replace the block
I still have to change the up post to a metal one as I do experience bounce backs
I also put mylar around my flipper buttons and magnets

I had to adjust the mystery scoop switch out of the box as it was not registering
Awesome game!!!!

#6016 8 years ago

I would not add a decal to a ramp surface. To each their own, cheers

#6017 8 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

I would not add a decal to a ramp surface. To each their own, cheers

If you mean the snake decal, it goes on the metal ramp. It's not a plastic ramp, so it could be completely removed with noneffect, and it does not change the behavior of the ball's travel.

#6018 8 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a metal playfield apron? I have a pro and I really like the backlit look of the LE.

Thank you.

#6019 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If you mean the snake decal, it goes on the metal ramp. It's not a plastic ramp, so it could be completely removed with noneffect, and it does not change the behavior of the ball's travel.

Plus it is an EZ peel sticker.
Comes right off with no harm to anything.
Buy and apply with confidence

#6020 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Shaker and an external sub!!

#6021 8 years ago

New premium owner here. What's the thought behind captive ball instead of block? Is it for look or is there a functional benefit? I'd imagine the captive ball has the potential to create air balls if magnet in front isn't level but as long as it's level have at it

Honest question and not questioning the choice. I have an extra captive ball and just curious if there is a strong reason I should install it in place of the block. Thanks for sharing.

Quoted from gatordad:

Captive ball to replace the block
Awesome game!!!!

#6022 8 years ago

I just got my met premium last week, and last night I noticed that the hammer was dropping a second time right after the ball when under the playfield? Is this the Phantom hits everyone talks about or just a switch out of wack. It didn't happen at all before? Thanks ahead of time for the help

#6023 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My pro should be here this week! I can't afford the Color DMD, but I have the spinners (controversial), shaker and sub lined up. I should probably find a protector kit as well.

#6024 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The ColorDMD is hands down the best visual mod, the shaker is the best touch/feel mod, and the sub is the best sound mod.

For visual mods, I would also highly recommend these one-piece lasercut siderails (if you can find them - they were a limited run from what I understand). Matching crinkle black finish makes them look factory stock. The lettering is UV light reactive -they look great in normal light conditions (and they really pop under UV!)

DSCN20331_(resized).jpgDSCN20331_(resized).jpg

#6025 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I just got my met premium last week, and last night I noticed that the hammer was dropping a second time right after the ball when under the playfield? Is this the Phantom hits everyone talks about or just a switch out of wack. It didn't happen at all before? Thanks ahead of time for the help

No the phantom hits are as if it was locking a ball, but there is no ball there. I saw mine do it once but not since the last couple updates.

#6026 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

New premium owner here. What's the thought behind captive ball instead of block? Is it for look or is there a functional benefit? I'd imagine the captive ball has the potential to create air balls if magnet in front isn't level but as long as it's level have at it
Honest question and not questioning the choice. I have an extra captive ball and just curious if there is a strong reason I should install it in place of the block. Thanks for sharing.

The block is not fun to hit and looks like shit when it starts to wear

#6027 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

I changed my block to the captive ball. After 50 games the block already had a groove in it. The pictures of the le whitewood had the captive ball. I added my spare powerball and it looks great

IMAG0570_(resized).jpgIMAG0570_(resized).jpg

#6028 8 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

Does anyone know where I can find a metal playfield apron? I have a pro and I really like the backlit look of the LE.
Thank you.

Not sure if you can buy those but you can do it to a plastic one pretty easily too. Check out my thread about my star trek to see what I'm talking about. On my phone or I'd link it. Basically just use a drill to cut the hole and mount the lights. I screwed them in under the apron decals. By counter sinking the holes you couldn't even tell. Cost less than $15.

#6029 8 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

I changed my block to the captive ball. After 50 games the block already had a groove in it. The pictures of the le whitewood had the captive ball. I added my spare powerball and it looks great

Interesting. Might have a use for my spare powerball now too. Thanks for the pic.

#6030 8 years ago

I love my block bounce shot into snake mouth on one side for double hit and the block bounce shot to sparky on the other. It would kill me to give it up and I know the captive ball won't do the same... Or does it?

#6031 8 years ago

Captive ball allows easy combo shot to the snake. I don't think it deflects up to sparky much, however.

#6032 8 years ago

I'm getting my MET Premium Monsters soon and am going to order some protection parts.
Not sure if the MET cabinet artwork is a decal, silkscreen, directly printed or something else.

Looking at Pinball Life's website, what's the best cabinet protectors for the legs -

Felt?
Metal (recommended for decaled cabinets) ?
PinGuard's plastic (recommended for directly printed, screened, or stenciled cabinets) ?

Not sure why metal protectors are best for a decaled cabinet (Pinball Life says metal won't wrinkle up a decal, but it seems like metal would "dig in" as opposed to plastic).

#6033 8 years ago

New Sterns already have the metal cabinet protectors installed. It keeps the legs away from the cabinet and thus no wrinkling.

#6034 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

New Sterns already have the metal cabinet protectors installed. It keeps the legs away from the cabinet and thus no wrinkling.

@ yuriijos -- Ahh, didn't realize that, thanks much (& for the fast reply) !

#6035 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

@ yuriijos -- Ahh, didn't realize that, thanks much (& for the fast reply) !

What's on your TWD? All the leg spacers are plastic now.

#6036 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hmmm... have to look, can't quite remember.

#6037 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I love my block bounce shot into snake mouth on one side for double hit and the block bounce shot to sparky on the other. It would kill me to give it up and I know the captive ball won't do the same... Or does it?

Mine still has the block from 2 years ago. I get bounces into the snake and magnet depending how on force/direction.

#6038 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Mine still has the block from 2 years ago. I get bounces into the snake and magnet depending how on force/direction.

Could you post a current picture of the block and approx number of plays. Would be nice to see how much of a beating it has taken.

#6039 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yep. They switched to plastic a while back. I guess it saves them 30 cents a game ...

#6040 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. They switched to plastic a while back. I guess it saves them 30 cents a game ...

I thought avengers was the last to ship with the metal......

#6041 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They switched to plastic a while back.

Is plastic inferior in this application? Seems to do the job...

#6042 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Here you go

#6043 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Is plastic inferior in this application? Seems to do the job...

Plastic is actually better as the metal on metal would sometimes cause some annoying noises while nudging or shaking the game.

#6044 8 years ago

Thanks. Not the end of the world but helpful in making a decision.
Was there ever any discussion/experimentation around the use of dead drop foam? Would slow the ball helping coffin locks, protect cube... But possibly look like azz and reduce switch hits?

#6045 8 years ago

How often were you changing your balls in that game? That was my biggest concern with the block was it nicking up the balls quickly and causing PF wear. I switched to the ball for that main reason.

#6046 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

How often were you changing your balls in that game? That was my biggest concern with the block was it nicking up the balls quickly and causing PF wear. I switched to the ball for that main reason.

The block metal is much softer than the balls, or a captive ball. youd think balls would be ok.

#6047 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

Thanks. Not the end of the world but helpful in making a decision.
Was there ever any discussion/experimentation around the use of dead drop foam? Would slow the ball helping coffin locks, protect cube... But possibly look like azz and reduce switch hits?

When i get off my butt, ill be swapping to the captive ball. Looks better IMO. Seems everyon who has made the change felt it was a good move.

#6048 8 years ago

Man...I got my monsters last November and in four months I have 1098 games played.

#6049 8 years ago

I only had mine since June and almost 1100 plays. Mostly me. I guess we're earning our money back?!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#6050 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Man...I got my monsters last November and in four months I have 1098 games played.

Sorry I was working and on the iPhone.

Code updates KILLED the plays. I'm sure I have a lot more. Somewhere in this thread waaaaaaay back I posted 300,000,000+ Enter Sandman score (cashed in a double). I held out updating code for a while. Then hit 2K plays and the scores reset so I updated it. Lots of plays on her.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
$ 149.00
$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.