IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 433.
#5901 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just wanted to ask if you guys had an opinion between these two songs?
Sad But True
or
King Nothing

No, they're equally stinkers.

Throw Damage, Inc or Phantom Lord on there!

#5902 8 years ago

Oops, double tap. Thought I hit Preview.

#5903 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just wanted to ask if you guys had an opinion between these two songs?
Sad But True
or
King Nothing

If I had to choose just between those 2, I'd go with Sad but True. Harder hitting IMO. I'm more into the Kill 'em All album. Whiplash is one of my all time favorites.

#5904 8 years ago

Just ordered a NIB pro today. Looking forward to finally joining the club!

#5905 8 years ago

100% false. They will be readily available for many years to come. Someone will realize they can easily be molded and reproduced in silicone which will provide a more durable product at 1/4 the current price.

This is guaranteed by one simple fact... I just ordered a spare.

#5906 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hopefully you get yours earlier than me. I have been impatiently waiting since the 13th of January. Starting to get really antsy. Not expected to get stock in Canada until February 10th at best.

#5907 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Hopefully you get yours earlier than me. I have been impatiently waiting since the 13th of January. Starting to get really antsy. Not expected to get stock in Canada until February 10th at best.

You will need another shaker and colordmd MET looks really great in color!

Rob

#5908 8 years ago

I know this has been covered many times probably but I cant find it. Can someone please give me the list of songs and request numbers they are at in Pinball Browser? I want to change my songs again and this list would be very helpful. Thanks

#5909 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

January 13th? Shhhhhheee-it. I ordered my Pro in NOVEMBER! It's finally on the way, I imagine yours should be shortly. Can't wait to get her up and running with the total lightshow mod!

#5910 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

January 13th? Shhhhhheee-it. I ordered my Pro in NOVEMBER! It's finally on the way, I imagine yours should be shortly. Can't wait to get her up and running with the total lightshow mod!

Ya, I have nothing to bitch about. Just impatient as all hell.

#5911 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You will need another shaker and colordmd MET looks really great in color!
Rob

No colour DMD for this cat. They are too damn expensive. Maybe if they make one for TFTC. I will definitely buy a shaker though.

#5912 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Congrats!! Brian. I'm sure you will really like it.

Just busted out a hell of a game on ac/dc tonight, in-between playing a few on my Metallica
I own 3 out of 12 song high scores now.
Slowly but surely I'll knock you out of those other spots.

#5913 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I know this has been covered many times probably but I cant find it. Can someone please give me the list of songs and request numbers they are at in Pinball Browser? I want to change my songs again and this list would be very helpful. Thanks

Got this from Leon (Arcade)

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#5914 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Congrats!! Brian. I'm sure you will really like it.

Thanks! I've wanted one for years, and I'm really excited for it. I haven't bought a NIB game since TWDLE back in 2014.

Quoted from gatordad:

Just busted out a hell of a game on ac/dc tonight, in-between playing a few on my Metallica
I own 3 out of 12 song high scores now.
Slowly but surely I'll knock you out of those other spots.

LOL! I'm glad the game went to a good home where it is appreciated. What was my GC score again? Did I crack a billion? AC/DC is such an awesome game, and I'll probably get one back again at some point in the future. I still think nailing a huge song jackpot with 3x playfield running is the single most exciting thing you can do in all of pinball.

#5915 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Got this from Leon (Arcade)

That will definitely come in handy. I plan on swapping out every song with something different.

#5916 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

100% false. They will be readily available for many years to come. Someone will realize they can easily be molded and reproduced in silicone which will provide a more durable product at 1/4 the current price.
This is guaranteed by one simple fact... I just ordered a spare.

This has been quoted in the past by people regarding machines from many other manufacturers, no personal offense.

To recap:
"NOS versus reproduction".
"License costs for reproduction".
"Low production quantities".
"Overall quality of reproductions completely unknown".

Available in 2013 for $50.
Available in 2016 for $250 (direct market).
500% mark up in price.

2020? $450?

Good luck to all.
Since you bought one you were smart.
I bought mine for the same reasons.

Maybe I will make mold myself and get the license rights from Stern.
Joint venture and make a better Sparky?

#5917 8 years ago

One more song opinion.

Welcome Home (Sanitarium).
or
The Thing That Should Not Be.

#5918 8 years ago

it's a shame that "die die my darling" is such a short song. great beat to that one from beginning to end (even though it's a misfits cover)

#5919 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Available in 2013 for $50.
Available in 2016 for $250 (direct market).

My recollection is that Stern has always been stingy with them, and when the custom painting started the availability dried up further, so $100 was a common starting point. I don't recall them at $50, ever.

#5920 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That will definitely come in handy. I plan on swapping out every song with something different.

Do you know how to do this? Are there instructions somewhere? I think I saw them here on the forum a while back

#5921 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Do you know how to do this? Are there instructions somewhere? I think I saw them here on the forum a while back

I played around with Pinball Browser a bit, but I've never actually used it swap out sounds or music. I'm looking forward to learning how to use all the features.

#5922 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

No, they're equally stinkers.
Throw Damage, Inc or Phantom Lord on there!

Agree, Damage Inc. is bad ass. How about Leper Messiah?

#5923 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

My recollection is that Stern has always been stingy with them, and when the custom painting started the availability dried up further, so $100 was a common starting point. I don't recall them at $50, ever.

Distributor direct purchase, not aftermarket supplier.
Stern "shut this down".
You used to be able to get extra Stern game specific parts much more easily without the part being "broken".
(There is a *hint* in this statement)

Same thing applies to things like translites.

#5924 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Agree, Damage Inc. is bad ass. How about Leper Messiah?

Love that one too... I think if I ever work up the nerve to do it, I'm going to add Damage Inc and struggle between Phantom Lord and Escape. The latter song almost seems like the forgotten cut off Ride The Lightning, and I love it. Its heavy but still upbeat, which is kind of cool.

#5925 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One more song opinion.
Welcome Home (Sanitarium).
or
The Thing That Should Not Be.

Welcome Home is on my game.

#5926 8 years ago

I picked up a Maker Architect 3D Printer yesterday and I wanted to do my first test print so I decided I would make a keychain for my Met Pro. I painted it with acrylic and used a gloss acrylic sealer. I think it came out pretty good for the 50 cents or so it cost to make =)

24796126046_218aeecce3_k_(resized).jpg24796126046_218aeecce3_k_(resized).jpg24526612330_64796c6503_k_(resized).jpg24526612330_64796c6503_k_(resized).jpg

#5927 8 years ago

For 50c I'll have one ☺

#5928 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I picked up a Maker Architect 3D Printer yesterday and I wanted to do my first test print so I decided I would make a keychain for my Met Pro. I painted it with acrylic and used a gloss acrylic sealer. I think it came out pretty good for the 50 cents or so it cost to make =)
24796126046_218aeecce3_k_(resized).jpg24526612330_64796c6503_k_(resized).jpg

Nice, how much do 3D printers cost?

#5929 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nice, how much do 3D printers cost?

some are as low as $350 now
homedepot and bestbuy carry the makerbot line:
http://www.homedepot.com/s/makerbot?NCNI-5
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/3dprinterbundles-141977

heck, staples carries one that will allow you to build stuff up to 6"x6"x6" in size for under $400
http://www.staples.com/XYZprinting-da-Vinci-Jr-10-3D-Printer/product_1917318?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:1917318&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=1917318&KPID=1917318&lsft=cid:PS-_-GooglePLAs-_-1917318,kpid:1917318&gclid=CN-6p-uS4coCFQmSaQodck0FZg

the one from formlabs is a bit more pricier, but really nice as it uses a liquid resin which is solidified (and the resolution is higher equaling a smoother finish on end product
http://formlabs.com/?asid=1000023&gclid=COSF7f2R4coCFYJEaQod-bkNpA

#5930 8 years ago

3D printing is an amazing technology. I can only imagine where it will be 10 years from now.

#5931 8 years ago

if I was rich, I'd have won of those 3D printers that does metal using it in powder form. unfortunately, I am not independently wealthy

http://gpiprototype.com/services/dmls-direct-metal-laser-sintering.html

the fact that it can not only print metal, but also deliver a product in any of the following finishes is truly amazing
Raw Finish, Shot Peen, Shot Blast, Mirror Polish, Medium Polish, Brush Finish

#5932 8 years ago

Just a note, there have been studies showing cheap 3d printers emitting a fair bit of toxins and vapors. Make sure whatever printer you get is rated good and has proper ventilation.

#5933 8 years ago

Hey. I'm in the club! First new in box. Premium. It's a blast so far. Anyone else have problems with the ball gets stuck above the coffin? Sometimes it gets pushed down beneath the playfieldl and rolls to the left, never entering the coffin.

20160204_181242_(resized).jpg20160204_181242_(resized).jpg

#5934 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Hey. I'm in the club! First new in box. Premium. It's a blast so far. Anyone else have problems with the ball gets stuck above the coffin? Sometimes it gets pushed down beneath the playfieldl and rolls to the left, never entering the coffin.

20160204_181242_(resized).jpg

Congrats!! As far as your problem, you .ight be the first to report it..

#5935 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Hey JeffA,

Any issues with shipping damage ?
Did you open the box and inspect before signing ?

I'm expecting my first NIB (also a MET Premium Monsters) next week and my distro (Trent from Tilt Amusements) says that once I sign it's mine, and any damage I find later after opening the box would have to be caused at the factory (it's being shipped directly from Stern from a shipping company TBA). Not sure how one determines damage caused at the factory vs shipping company.

Trent recommended that I open the box and inspect thoroughly before signing.

I've read various threads here on shipping damage, box damage, and the like and what to do/not do.
Sounds like the game packaging is pretty rigorous, but who knows what a shipping company does 2,000 miles in transit.

#5937 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Congrats on the pin, I just got my pro on Jan 1

Weird about the coffin, might be something loose down there.??

#5938 8 years ago

I got the email today. My premium is ready for shipping.... I get to join the club too!!

#5939 8 years ago

Just compiled all my mods into a blogpost with links and photos... hope it helps someone..

http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/2016/02/05/metallica-mods/

#5940 8 years ago

Anyone else have problems with the ball gets stuck above the coffin? Sometimes it gets pushed down beneath the playfieldl and rolls to the left, never entering the coffin

Are you saying the ball rolls "into" the cabinet when the disappearing magnet assembly activates?
If so you are missing a ball shield in the assembly, below the playfield.
Call your distributor.

If the ball is sitting front of the coffin but not rolling in, you need to adjust the coffin lock assembly which may not be at a proper angle and giving a "lip" between the assembly shield and ball lock trough.
This is a mechanical adjustment.
These are normal issues with NIB games.

I am assuming the game is PROPERLY leveled, and at least 6.5 degrees pitch angle.

#5942 8 years ago

join the club

DSC01778_(Medium)_(resized).JPGDSC01778_(Medium)_(resized).JPG

#5943 8 years ago

Speakerpanel + Topper

IMG_20160130_142746524_(resized).jpgIMG_20160130_142746524_(resized).jpg

#5944 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If the ball is sitting front of the coffin but not rolling in, you need to adjust the coffin lock assembly which may not be at a proper angle and giving a "lip" between the assembly shield and ball lock trough.
This is a mechanical adjustment.
These are normal issues with NIB games

Thanks. Yes, this is what's happening. I did play around with the assembly and bent the metal subway ever so slightly where it was hanging up. It reduced the problem by about 50%. After a posted this, I found a reference to a similar problem from Mizzou in this thread from 4 months ago and PM'd him. He said the balls might be the issue - getting magnitized and sticking. Replacing fixed for him. I had put in Pinball Life high gloss balls immediately when I got it. Just switched back to original Sterns and haven't had the problem in several games. So, fingers crossed.

One other question: Are you supposed to hear a consistent electric hissing when the ball lock is ready? It sounds like interference, but I'm not sure if that's intentional so you have something audible to remind you to shoot for the hammer?

Loving this game.

#5945 8 years ago

I have no hissing.

#5946 8 years ago

i also have no hissing .... can you make a video from your problem... maybe we find your issue together and resolve the problem

#5947 8 years ago

Damn ... I gotta get a Metallica!

Okay - I'll be back.

#5948 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Thanks. Yes, this is what's happening. I did play around with the assembly and bent the metal subway ever so slightly where it was hanging up. It reduced the problem by about 50%. After a posted this, I found a reference to a similar problem from Mizzou in this thread from 4 months ago and PM'd him. He said the balls might be the issue - getting magnitized and sticking. Replacing fixed for him. I had put in Pinball Life high gloss balls immediately when I got it. Just switched back to original Sterns and haven't had the problem in several games. So, fingers crossed.
One other question: Are you supposed to hear a consistent electric hissing when the ball lock is ready? It sounds like interference, but I'm not sure if that's intentional so you have something audible to remind you to shoot for the hammer?
Loving this game.

Isolate the source of the sound first.
Pull the glass off and listen.
If you are hearing this with the glass on. It is definitely a problem.
It could be a coil locking, or something is energized.

#5949 8 years ago

Can some tell me if the update from 1.63 to 1.64 is worth losing all your high score and settings? I just now saw that 1.64 has been out since last summer.

#5950 8 years ago

If you listen real close, you can hear a high-pitch hum when the magnet is in "seek" mode (lock is lit, sensing for nearby ball to lock onto). Possibly you're hearing this, or some interference caused by the strobing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.