Topic Stats

• 17,214 posts
  • 961 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,947 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED-lights-metallica-bottom (resized).jpg
MET MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_210219 (resized).jpg
AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17214 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 345.
#5351 4 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Anyone know where to get the grave marker decals?

All NIB games came with these as spare parts, amazing they burned through so fast.

http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=2100

Marco is out of stock.

#5352 4 years ago

Duplicate posting, DELETE.

#5353 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

My machine is pictured on the pinnovators page for the new version of the pinpac 5.
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=53

I am trying to install a Pinpac5 on my new Met Premium. I am at an impasse- at the door, my Pinpac Mac connector seems to be a new style, but I do not have (per the instructions) a connector under the stock volume/adjustment buttons to tap into. Instead, I have the older msle to male style with the spacer. Any ideas on next steps, or do I need an adapter? (Note: I reached out to Lorenzo, but I needed a place to post the attached pic):

IMG_20151227_133934432_(resized).jpg

#5354 4 years ago

Your still ok.
Pull the top orange part out black goes to white part white goes to upper orange

#5355 4 years ago

Rapid response! Tip notch, my man- even on a Sunday!

#5356 4 years ago

Happy birthday to me. I'm a novice player so this beats my previous gc by over 100 mil. Watching football drinking beer and playing pinball. Can't beat days like this.

20151227_135924_(resized).jpg

#5357 4 years ago

Absolutely ROCKING. Pinoac5 + Polk PSW10 = unleash fury!!

#5358 4 years ago

Here is the correct hookup. Note the "green" sleeved piece on the left side.

I will say, for those on the fence over this, or an external subwoofer- do not hesitate.

This is how the game was meant to be played- and in addition to the ability for stealth late night rocking, I can tell you that even in normal externalbaudio the subwoofer adds dimension at low volume settings. It is also nice to have access to volume with the coin door closed

IMG_20151227_142223735_(resized).jpg

#5359 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Happy birthday to me. I'm a novice player so this beats my previous gc by over 100 mil. Watching football drinking beer and playing pinball. Can't beat days like this.

20151227_135924_(resized).jpg

Great score and great words. Digging your avatar too..Soda me bro da me!

#5360 4 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Here is the correct hookup. Note the "green" sleeved piece on the left side.
I will say, for those on the fence over this, or an external subwoofer- do not hesitate.
This is how the game was meant to be played- and in addition to the ability for stealth late night rocking, I can tell you that even in normal externalbaudio the subwoofer adds dimension at low volume settings. It is also nice to have access to volume with the coin door closed

IMG_20151227_142223735_(resized).jpg

A Stern Remote Control PCB (SAM Systems) has more usefulness for less than $50, requires no coin door modifications, never need to touch a dial.
It is completely "plug and play" and already has one transmitter programmed.
Controls all menu game functions, including volume, testing, and adjustments, and you never need to open the coin door unless removing the lockbar for the glass.
If an owner desires to hook up external audio components (subwoofers, etc) , there are simpler methods to use audio out. and still make it look professional, similar to this kit.
I am not referring to alligator clips either, but rather a direct PCB bypass card which then allows independent control of the external components.

"To each their own".
I always applaud creativity though of modders and electronic designers, but sometimes the "wheel gets recreated".
Many people are not even aware of things that have been done (or created) to games for years.

It seems if an owner is going through all the trouble to use this kit, you would want more versatility than just audio control.

#5361 4 years ago

Well, you have your opinion. My subwoofer hooks up great. I can use a set of headphones. The volume control is easily accessible to my guests with no external controls or batteries, limiting their access to functions they don't need.

Apples and oranges. One neat system did everything I specifically needed. Vote with your own wallet, brah.

#5362 4 years ago

BTW, modifying the door meant removing four nuts. The stock plate is safe on top of my coin box, with other stock bits. The installation looks great, IMO.

IMG_20151227_140042810_(resized).jpg

#5363 4 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Well, you have your opinion. My subwoofer hooks up great. I can use a set of headphones. The volume control is easily accessible to my guests with no external controls or batteries, limiting their access to functions they don't need.
Apples and oranges. One neat system did everything I specifically needed. Vote with your own wallet, brah.

I think you misread me.
I had nothing against this modification, or the creators.
It does what it was supposed to do.
I just used the offset money for other modifications.
I never "vote with my wallet" one way or another.
25+ years of collecting has allowed me some temperance, not that I have not missed out on a few good deals.
It is a must have, or my house/shop would be overflowing with machines again, and that is not happening.

#5364 4 years ago

Ok guys, the back post that comes up and stops the ball, when at rest, how far down the hole should the top of post be? Level with playfield? Mine is about a half inch down in hole at rest, and once in awhile the ball will get stuck. It gets released cuz the post comes up during ball search, but wanted to know if there was an adjustment that could be made or its just how it is? Anyone just disable this post in the settings? I did for awhile, but the ball wasn't going in the pop bumpers.

Also, wanted to update my right flipper issue that's been on going since ownership. Had a tech. out to check it and it turns out why it not level with the left flipper at rest is because the flipper mech. bracket is bent. Obviously done at factory, but why didn't the pinball refinery guys catch this is beyond me, as they had the game 3 weeks molding it before I got it, and when I got it, the flipper issue was the first thing I noticed. Plays great, it just at rest is almost touching the playfield. When flippers are both fully extended they are even, it's just at rest is when it noticeable.

I also got 3 red 2-led lights for the back roll over lanes, good idea, or just keep the white-led's in? I was wanting to color match the red plastic. I also like to know a good spot for the casket and skeleton to go that I got from mezelmods. I don't have the sneezeguard on anymore. I buy stuff and never use it, hate that. Still need a Colordmd. Think that it would be the finishing touch on my machine.
Congratulations to all the new owners out there. It's a great machine!

#5365 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Ok guys, the back post that comes up and stops the ball, when at rest, how far down the hole should the top of post be? Level with playfield? Mine is about a half inch down in hole at rest, and once in awhile the ball will get stuck. It gets released cuz the post comes up during ball search, but wanted to know if there was an adjustment that could be made or its just how it is? Anyone just disable this post in the settings? I did for awhile, but the ball wasn't going in the pop bumpers.

It should be level to prevent damage to the PF. There's a screw on the bottom of the mech you can use to adjust the height.

#5366 4 years ago

Most of the time the post in my machine when shooting the left orbit doesn't even put the ball into the pops as it is designed. The ball has too much momentum and comes back down the left orbit. I know some people have changed that to a metal post but that doesn't seem like the corect fix as metal to metal would be even more transfer of energy. I think it's more of a design issue than anything. Should have put it closer to the pops so the brief stop of the ball is already on the right side of the playfield and any momentum would have to flow to the right and into the pops.

#5367 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I know some people have changed that to a metal post but that doesn't seem like the corect fix

This fixed the issue for me immediately.

#5368 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

. I know some people have changed that to a metal post but that doesn't seem like the corect fix as metal to metal would be even more transfer of energy.

It is the correct fix and works really well. 99% reduction in rejects.

#5369 4 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

A circular eddy sensor could be used under the hole, but the software would need to be corrected. I cannot even fix this without access to additional source code. This is the one complaint I reported that never got fixed over 2 years ago. The problem however can be improved by using a newton ball versus a newton cube. There is your "mod" correction. Improves hit detection by around 50%, and is completely "backwards compatible". The newton ball assembly is common and CHEAP too.

Yeah, I've had the Newton ball since day 1. I really don't have a problem with hit detection though, the problem is with proximity detection when lock is lit, but I'm sure that's what you meant. I do notice that a detection/lock is more likely after deflection from the Newton ball due to the reduction in ball speed, but that would probably be the case with the Newton block, too.

The hammer down sequence would be neat if it even worked 90% of the time, but it's just an annoyance when it only works 50% of the time.

#5370 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I know some people have changed that to a metal post but that doesn't seem like the corect fix as metal to metal would be even more transfer of energy.

With the original plastic post I would get rejects about 90% of the time. I installed the metal post and seldom if ever get a reject now. I don't see how this couldn't be the correct fix. I haven't heard of any other solutions.

#5371 4 years ago

I think the metal post part was somewhere in this thread...could you be so kind to show me what to get. Thanks.

#5374 4 years ago

Jeff, I did the PBL 4 smd red LEDs in the top lane guides and looks way better than just the factory white LEDs. If you get the crosses for the top lanes mod, it will make the crosses light up way better too.

#5375 4 years ago

I have the new style metal head on my game and it had the defective decals that peeled off. I have new decals from Stern to put on the game. Can I still apply these decals using the wet method with windex? I have redecaled wood games but never the new metal heads.

Thanks

#5376 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have the new style metal head on my game and it had the defective decals that peeled off. I have new decals from Stern to put on the game. Can I still apply these decals using the wet method with windex? I have redecaled wood games but never the new metal heads.
Thanks

Pinsider dug sent me this text yesterday:

"I got the Metallica head decals installed.
Went with the wet method using rapid tac.... Super easy and came out absolutely perfect. No air bubbles at all"

Hopefully that helps.

#5377 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"I got the Metallica head decals installed.
Went with the wet method using rapid tac.... Super easy and came out absolutely perfect. No air bubbles at all"
Hopefully that helps.

Great - Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.

#5378 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We bought bought our Met at the same time...

#5379 4 years ago

Are the decals vinyl for the head,body and apron?

#5380 4 years ago

I just did my own 4$ elwire mod for sparkey anybody interested ill post a link . Not sure if this has already been discussed my eyes started bleeding on trying to read all the pages on this thread

#5381 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I just did my own 4$ elwire mod for sparkey anybody interested ill post a link . Not sure if this has already been discussed my eyes started bleeding on trying to read all the pages on this thread

Always interested in do it yourself mods.
That is how I got my flipper buttons lit up cheap.
So post away.

#5382 4 years ago

Hey all, looks like I'm about to join the club. I held out (due to the music) but finally after reading all the great reviews I've decided to get a nice HUO pro.

I was curious if anyone has swapped out *some* songs for non Metallica songs. For me Metallica is not the big draw that it is for others, I was thinking of swapping in some NIN or something like that. I mean I'm not thinking of putting in John Denver or anything like that but some upbeat industrial or gothic or heavy metal songs. I think it's possible other songs will fit the dark fantasy artwork.

Anyone think that'll work?

#5383 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey all, looks like I'm about to join the club. I held out (due to the music) but finally after reading all the great reviews I've decided to get a nice HUO pro.
I was curious if anyone has swapped out *some* songs for non Metallica songs. For me Metallica is not the big draw that it is for others, I was thinking of swapping in some NIN or something like that. I mean I'm not thinking of putting in John Denver or anything like that but some upbeat industrial or gothic or heavy metal songs. I think it's possible other songs will fit the dark fantasy artwork.
Anyone think that'll work?

Now you know I have sir.
I have done so many AC/DC and Metallica files for people my head spins just thinking about it. lol
Oh, and don't knock John Denver. Some "Grandma's Feather Bed" would sound awesome on this pin.

#5384 4 years ago

Since getting Met, the music has grown on me and it does fit the game. I am leaving mine as is.

#5385 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Now you know I have sir.
I have done so many AC/DC and Metallica files for people my head spins just thinking about it. lol
Oh, and don't knock John Denver. Some "Grandma's Feather Bed" would sound awesome on this pin.

I'm gonna take your word on John Denver.

Maybe after I get my pin I'll let it percolate see if I need to swap anything

As you know you did my ACDC and I love the song swaps.

You have a list of the song lengths like ACDC ?

#5386 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

We bought bought our Met at the same time...

pm sent

#5387 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You have a list of the song lengths like ACDC ?

Yep. But they are at my house and I am stuck at work.
We just got our Metallica a few months ago.
I have gotten used to the songs and have not swapped any out on my personal game yet.
But of course on AC/DC there was just no way I was going to own a game without Dirty Deeds and Shoot to thrill.

#5388 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I just did my own 4$ elwire mod for sparkey anybody interested ill post a link

Absolutely. I've been thinking about this, but have not found a suitable little cap. What are you using?

#5389 4 years ago

Anyone who puts any other songs then ones made by Metallica on the machine should have it physically removed out of their possession and their asses kicked. Thats just wrong. There's a guy on YouTube who put Led Zeppelin songs on their MET pinball - you might as well call that machine Cait Jenner pinball now.

#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone who puts any other songs then ones made by Metallica on the machine should have it physically removed out of their possession and their asses kicked. Thats just wrong. There's a guy on YouTube who put Led Zeppelin songs on their MET pinball - you might as well call that machine Cait Jenner pinball now.

But tell us how you really feel.

#5391 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I replaced all the stock songs with instrumental versions of the same song ... do I get in line for ass kickery too?

#5392 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm going to be picking me up a pro in the near future and there are a few songs from Metallica that are way over played on the radio. Enter sandman is a song that I just can't listen to anymore. And I'm a huge Metallica fan. Own everything they've put out. So....I'm going to more then likely change some tracks but, they will be replaced with other Metallica songs.

#5393 4 years ago

Lars is so full of himself he didn't allow his songs to be placed in 'Kill Bill' (Come on man, get over yourself).

I prefer NIN to be honest.image_(resized).jpeg

#5394 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Always interested in do it yourself mods.
That is how I got my flipper buttons lit up cheap.
So post away.

So agree, let us know what is needed and a pic of your results, thanks.

#5395 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I replaced all the stock songs with instrumental versions of the same song ... do I get in line for ass kickery too?

I think thats a great solution... I love Metallica, but honestly only like about half the included music. I would like to swap some of songs I don't like that aren't linked with game modes for stuff like Damage Inc and Phantom Lord.

#5396 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's actually a really great option for those who aren't really into the music... the instrumental versions will appeal to a larger audience. I have a tough time with "One" in the game because it starts so slow I usually drain the ball before any substantial melody comes through

#5397 4 years ago

could anyone point me to the best rule sheet?

#5398 4 years ago

I added King Nothing and Ain't My Bitch (which I renamed 'Not My Dog' for the children

#5399 4 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I added King Nothing and Ain't My Bitch (which I renamed 'Not My Dog' for the children

HAHAH nice..

If you replace with instrumental versions or other Metallica songs that's fine, its only when swapping with other music you should get your ass kicked, or your balls physically removed.. from your machine.

#5400 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It should be level to prevent damage to the PF. There's a screw on the bottom of the mech you can use to adjust the height.

Thanks, will have to adjust.

Also Iam running competition mode, but not sure what the benefits are. Any help on this is appreciated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
There are 17214 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 345.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside