Topic Stats

• 16,854 posts
  • 947 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Graysonsdad
  • Topic is favorited by 358 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 338.
#5251 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

Still haven't found a sparky air ball plastic protector. Pinbits is sold out and hasn't returned my email. Do any of you guys know where I could get one?

Pinbits Fluorescent Dress Slings INCLUDE a Sparky Protector which is thick PETG.
Looks much better as well in orange with spider web design.
Are both sets sold out?

#5252 3 years ago

DUPLICATE POSTING, Delete.

#5253 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

Still haven't found a sparky air ball plastic protector. Pinbits is sold out and hasn't returned my email. Do any of you guys know where I could get one?

I got mine from Rickwh, he was cutting them and selling them for a great price. Its buried somewhere in this thread, which has become rather unwieldy!

#5254 3 years ago

Hey guys in case you missed it in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/•new-mod•met-snake-ramp-kit-wplastic

We are selling MET Snake Mods for PRO and LE. Although we just sold out of LE this afternoon. We currently have 33 Pro Versions available if you are interested!!

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

You can buy them directly here: http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/7671314d-c8bc-cb2d-e653-d79addd1eefd

~ Gina

#5255 3 years ago

Got mine installed. Looks great! A bit bummed that it blocks the top in lane lights though. Going to need to figure out some way to know which is not lit. Other than that, I love it.

P.s. - the pro version on the LE looks great. Removed that sneeze guard long ago and now I don't have holes in a plastic staring at me.

#5256 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickperkins:

I may still have my homemade one at the house. I bought the plastic protector set and it came with one so I switched over to it. Dang near identical. Yours if you want it. Just PM me your addresd. No cost, early Christmas present

#5257 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got mine installed. Looks great! A bit bummed that it blocks the top in lane lights though. Going to need to figure out some way to know which it not lit. Other than that, I love it.
P.s. - the pro version on the LE looks great. Removed that sneeze guard long ago and now I don't have holes in a plastic staring at me.

Glad you like it!!

#5258 3 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

We currently have 33 Pro Versions available if you are interested!!

The 14 day delayed payment from PayPal expired yesterday so you got your money but I still don't have the product.....and I was one of the first 50 to buy it. Soooooo when can I expect mine? I only live a few states away.

#5259 3 years ago

Listed my custom painted Dirty Donny Sparky for sale on Marketplace if anyone's interested.

#5260 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The 14 day delayed payment from PayPal expired yesterday so you got your money but I still don't have the product.....and I was one of the first 50 to buy it. Soooooo when can I expect mine? I only live a few states away.

Your order definitely went out on Monday. I apologize about the delay, but, as you know from our email interaction on December 11...we didn't have your model of MET listed on the first set that went out originally.

#5261 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got mine installed. Looks great! A bit bummed that it blocks the top in lane lights though. Going to need to figure out some way to know which is not lit. Other than that, I love it.

I agree have mine installed on a pro and think it looks great but it does block the top in lane light area. Torn whether to uninstall because it is a really clever mod.

#5262 3 years ago
Quoted from R4840:

I agree have mine installed on a pro and think it looks great but it does block the top in lane light area. Torn whether to uninstall because it is a really clever mod.

Keep it installed for now. I've got a couple ideas to try out. To cool of a mod to remove but I gotta see those lights. Upgrading the mystery level can be lucrative.

#5263 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Keep it installed for now. I've got a couple ideas to try out. To cool of a mod to remove but I gotta see those lights. Upgrading the mystery level can be lucrative.

Same here, bummed about the lane light being blocked (mostly just the right one).

#5264 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Looking forward to what you come up with.

#5265 3 years ago

A clever moder might make a replacement back panel that had inserts in it and then some wiring to duplicate the inserts on the back panel?

#5266 3 years ago

It does block those top two inlane insert lights.....thought I was the only one to really notice it since I don't disable the up post back there as I like that rule set. It's not horrible as I have to stand up a bit higher to see the ball working up there and get my lanes lit but heck a MOD to keep another MOD.....why not!!

#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

but heck a MOD to keep another MOD.....why not!!

Haha. The pingraffix Met snake mod toplane rollover light mod. Love it! I am going to add that functionality into Total Lightshow. It will be the first use of the addressable LED outputs.

#5268 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Haha. The pingraffix Met snake mod toplane rollover light mod. Love it! I am going to add that functionality into Total Lightshow. It will be the first use of the addressable LED outputs.

Fantastic ! Can't wait since I already have the Total Lightshow installed by the way a must mod if you own a Pro model Metallica really enhances the machine.

#5269 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

A clever moder might make a replacement back panel that had inserts in it and then some wiring to duplicate the inserts on the back panel?

Or just a little mirror there to reflect them!

#5270 3 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Or just a little mirror there to reflect them!

Hey now, don't steal my first option I wanted to try. Kind of the TOM trick. I don't think that will work though as their isn't much room to place a small mirror back there to where you can see it. It would also be height sensitive (meaning only people of a certain height will see it).

For you pro owners - This is my suggestion.

- Go to comment pinball and buy 2 of these in the 555 style.
http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-1-SMD-5050-FLEX-6-3V-QUICK-CONNECT-p/mtx1smdflex.htm

- then pick up 2 of these
http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

The first light you will point straight up so that it lights the insert. The second part (the strip) you mount to the side of the switch guide (hole where the switch wires goes through). This will effectively light the hole up that corresponds to the insert. Everyone should be able to see the switch hole so that will now be your reference point for which lane is lit. Basically the same trick a lot of us did on our Avengers machines before the see through plastics came out.

For Prem/LE owners - we have light boards there. We will have to solder in another light there to do the same thing. Before doing that I want to brainstorm a bit more as I don't want to do more permanent type mods like that to the game at this point.

#5271 3 years ago

it was a long night

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg

#5272 3 years ago

hi

is this the correct position of the snake?

should it have the same level as the play field when its open?
The ball always jumps inside the hole, but always hits the green plastic

thanks

tom

IMG_4422.jpg

#5273 3 years ago

I like what you guys are thinking here.

Unfortunately ..YES it does block the pop bumpers a bit.. We did try different shapes sizes and variations and this is the best version we came up with. I think in the end you will see the trade-off is well worth the slight obstructive view.

However , I am looking forward to what you guys come up with ..MOD for a MOD.. ..

#5274 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hi
is this the correct position of the snake?
should it have the same level as the play field when its open?
The ball always jumps inside the hole, but always hits the green plastic
thanks
tom

IMG_4422.jpg

Upside down....I don't think so.

#5275 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

However , I am looking forward to what you guys come up with ..MOD for a MOD.. ..

Metallica is one of the few machines I would buy a mod for a mod.

#5276 3 years ago

I'm embarrassed to even have this problem. But here it is. The back right ramp post, where a billboard mod would hang is the issue. I was installing the billboard and started the screw back in off thread. Tried to get it out and it only made it worse. So I need to replace it. Is that something I could buy from stern or somewhere else. Still can't believe I did this. Thanks in advance for your replies.

#5277 3 years ago

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=77&pg=1

I think you should be able to find a replacement here. Just measure the old one to get the correct length.

#5278 3 years ago

Yeah it's just a simple hex post, if pbl doesn't have the length you need check Marco. The shipping at both places is gonna kill ya so if you order from pbl might as well get some Oh So Shiny balls too, they are the best.

#5279 3 years ago

Need some help installed a shaker and found this wire none of my other sterns have this wire that im aware of feeling kinda stumped

image.jpeg

#5280 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Need some help installed a shaker and found this wire none of my other sterns have this wire that im aware of feeling kinda stumped

image.jpeg

I believe mine is unused , as I have a Cointaker shaker....I think if you use a stern shaker it uses that.

#5281 3 years ago

there is anew stern shaker kit with a new pcb

if you have this new kit, you will need this connector

if you have the old shaker, you don't need it

#5282 3 years ago

have anyone sometimes the situation that
the hammer lock is active but no ball in this area?

#5283 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

have anyone sometimes the situation that
the hammer lock is active but no ball in this area?

Rarely, based on the sensitivity and timing when the Newton ball lock switch is hit. Basically, the magnet "misses" the chance to grab the ball if it it moved off quickly, and the attraction is not strong enough to hold the ball. Stern should have used an better "Eddy sensor type design" on this feature to augment the magnet. It would solve the problem. A Newton ball versus the Newton cube works better for switch activation too.

#5284 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

there is anew stern shaker kit with a new pcb
if you have this new kit, you will need this connector
if you have the old shaker, you don't need it

Thanks

#5285 3 years ago

Some gameplay showing smartdmd and GI theater mod

#5286 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Great looking machine. I'm working on the smart dmd next week. Any tips for mounting on the newer back boxes?

Is that a kit for the lighting behind the trans?

#5287 3 years ago

Has anyone messed around with changing the color inserts on the Premium/LE models? Wondering what color might look good on the electric chair inserts instead of white. I changed out the boards in the Mystery insert to red/blue. Looks much nicer.

IMG_0263.jpg

#5288 3 years ago

I have the color changing LEDs in my mystery hole and I think it looks great.

#5289 3 years ago

Does anyone think we will get one last code update for MET?

#5290 3 years ago

I hope so, band member modes would be icing on the cake.

#5291 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone think we will get one last code update for MET?

My magic eight ball says yes, games that Lyman owns always have a good chance.

#5292 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I have the color changing LEDs in my mystery hole and I think it looks great.

Maybe someday they will make color changing boards, but for now the red and blue will have to do.

#5293 3 years ago

Must be a premium thing for the mystery hole lights as the pro just uses standard 44 lamps.

#5294 3 years ago

Band member modes would be great! Like Aurich said the chances are good for another update with Lyman owning the game.

#5295 3 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Great looking machine. I'm working on the smart dmd next week. Any tips for mounting on the newer back boxes?

Sorry, no experience with mounting in the newer backboxes. How I did it and the backbox led flashkit can be seen at

#5296 3 years ago

finished my RGB board last night

#5297 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Must be a premium thing for the mystery hole lights as the pro just uses standard 44 lamps.

Yes, pretty much all of the inserts are LED boards instead of fixtures.

#5298 3 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

As related to Stern new metal backboard and circular speaker panels:

Both the SmartDMD and ColorDMD require additional hex stand-off kits (and replacement clear bezels for the color) in order to get proper distances between the display and the speaker panel. Additionally, if you want "ramp up" your speakers and use LED lighting with the speakers, similar stand-offs are required, a small amount of modification, and I recommend using large rubber ring grommets for speaker isolation.

#5299 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

» YouTube video

Nice vid, and now my wallet will soon be $500 lighter cause of that smartdmd..

#5300 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My magic eight ball says yes, games that Lyman owns always have a good chance.

Sweet, so there's hope for BSD also?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
There are 16854 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside