IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 433.
#5151 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it would look bad. Buy the Premium translite, it's awesome. I've seen the combo in person, it works.

I did order the premium but always wondered how the ride the lightning would look, I will take your word on it considering what you have done for us road case owners bringing it together with the speaker panel. It looked like a frankenstein machine before with all the "left overs" thrown together. Cheers for your professional opinion!

#5152 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Probably because Metallica feels like a "finished" game right now. So yeah, anything else is extra.

Feels finished and is finished are two different things. Dont get me wrong, I love my Met, and maybe since its my first and only pin, I don't understand the "norm" that is unfinished code. In my mind, if there are call outs and areas of the playfid that suggest something should happen Stern needs to complete the code to actually finish the game 100%

#5153 8 years ago

I would love the "casket multiball" call out and "lock four balls" call out to be corrected.

#5154 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Feels finished and is finished are two different things. Dont get me wrong, I love my Met, and maybe since its my first and only pin, I don't understand the "norm" that is unfinished code. In my mind, if there are call outs and areas of the playfid that suggest something should happen Stern needs to complete the code to actually finish the game 100%

Code, be it in pinballa or computer software, ifls by its very nature in a form of beta testing when exposed to the public. Expecting "finished" or "complete" code isn't realistic, in my opinion. Revisions, additions and corrections are part of the process- unless you prefer ample, basic code.

#5155 8 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Code, be it in pinballa or computer software, ifls by its very nature in a form of beta testing when exposed to the public. Expecting "finished" or "complete" code isn't realistic, in my opinion. Revisions, additions and corrections are part of the process- unless you prefer ample, basic code.

Well said

#5156 8 years ago

Better said without typos! I am riding shotgun on a bumpy road. Simple, not ample.

#5157 8 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

If this is a "bonus", then how would you feel if they charged for it? Anyway, not making a big deal over it, like Aurich said, it is pretty much done. I just find the concept of feeling lucky to get a complete game weird.

#5158 8 years ago

Well, I am an avid gamer (console), and I have paid for extras. It happens allnof the time- map packs, weapons, etc.

The machine as it was is worth the money. I know because I just dropped it as well. New code is gravy to me.

#5159 8 years ago

It is also responsible of any producer to look at customer feedback, and modify and enhance their product based upon that feedback.

#5160 8 years ago

Extras and missing modes are 2 different things. ANYWAY, no big deal haha. Seriously love this pin!!!!

#5161 8 years ago

What modes are missing?

If you really think metallica is in need of a code update then I feel as though you may never be happy with the code of any stern. MET is one of the best coded stern games out there.

I think some may be confusing their desire for more with the code is unfinished. Just because you want more doesn't mean it's not done. Call outs not being used doesn't mean anything. They gather a lot more resources then needed not to mention plans can change and things can be cut out.

#5162 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

What modes are missing?
MET is one of the best coded stern games out there.

Completely agree that MET has excellent code, but there are callouts that imply that the band members do something when collected (I think one is "hey, someone started my mode!"). Those callouts should be changed if the band members are just mileposts to End of the Line (which I think is fine).

#5163 8 years ago

Band members are related to Blackend mode. I didn't think they had anything to do with. EOTL. But I suck so haven't been close to EOTL...

Code wishlist if there was gonna be one would be for Blackened to be renamed 4 horsemen and the song added to game. That's probably a Longshot though.

#5164 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Completely agree that MET has excellent code, but there are callouts that imply that the band members do something when collected (I think one is "hey, someone started my mode!"). Those callouts should be changed if the band members are just mileposts to End of the Line (which I think is fine).

This is what I mean. If it's there, it should be there 100%, not thought of as a bonus If it happens. Again, I am not unhappy AT all with MET, more just wondering why additions to code on parts of the game that are obviously there are considered a bonus, or jelly on top. Guess I am not conditioned in that regard, yet.

#5165 8 years ago

I'd rather they fixed the problem with Sparky coil locking on and catching fire if the game is powered off with the coin door open, once it's turned back on again .
The game play code is as close to perfect as you can hope for. Sure we've all got ideas as to how it could become better, but there's nothing missing from making it a fantastic game to play.

#5166 8 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'd rather they fixed the problem with Sparky coil locking on and catching fire if the game is powered off with the coin door open, once it's turned back on again .
The game play code is as close to perfect as you can hope for. Sure we've all got ideas as to how it could become better, but there's nothing missing from making it a fantastic game to play.

Not familiar with that. Has that been a common problem with Metallica?

#5167 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Not familiar with that. Has that been a common problem with Metallica?

The amount of times I've changed lighting and added mods to my machine, I must've done that at least half a dozen times without even thinking about it.

#5168 8 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'd rather they fixed the problem with Sparky coil locking on and catching fire if the game is powered off with the coin door open, once it's turned back on again.

I'm going to guess you had a transistor fail open - it happens. Would be interested to hear if this happened to anybody else.

#5169 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm going to guess you had a transistor fail open - it happens. Would be interested to hear if this happened to anybody else.

Pretty sure we'd know if that was a legit, repeatable issue, I'm with you, transistor. I lost one on my Metallica too, but for the right flipper. Nothing to do with the coin door. It happens.

#5170 8 years ago

Anybody have recommendations for touching up sparky feet. Mine has a couple places where the paint is blemished/chipped. What kind of paint? What color combo?

20151212_230157.jpg20151212_230157.jpg

#5171 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Anybody have recommendations for touching up sparky feet. Mine has a couple places where the paint is blemished/chipped. What kind of paint? What color combo?
20151212_230157.jpg

Hey they look like used sneakers now, just leave um.

#5172 8 years ago

Has anyone painted their legs and armor a different color then purple? Any pics?

#5173 8 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'm glad that my game hasn't caught on fire but that would be a pretty metal way to go out on a great game, lol \m/

#5174 8 years ago

I can't copy or quote as posting from my phone and my fingers are too fat, but there are other posts on here regarding the issue of Sparky smoking. Nothing to do with a transistor blowing or anything else like that.
I found the post on here just by searching Google for "Sparky Metallica Coil" after it happened. Pinside post is titled "Metallica sparky short warning"

#5176 8 years ago
Quoted from msteinmetz13:

Has anyone painted their legs and armor a different color then purple? Any pics?

+1, I'd love to see gloss black on this game.

#5177 8 years ago

I just got my Metallica armor from the guy in germany. Its awesome and the shipping was super fast. I excited to get it on. I was thing Gloss black or Blood Red

#5178 8 years ago

Pics, pics!!!

#5179 8 years ago
Quoted from msteinmetz13:

My Pro is done up in lime green. It's the same green as the old MOPAR muscle cars. I think it looks cool. Please go easy on the comments if you don't

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#5180 8 years ago

I think your green looks great! I have purple myself but would love to see a pro in gloss black.

#5181 8 years ago

I like the green too. Guessing in real life it looks more like the first photo rather than shrek like in the second.

#5182 8 years ago

Hey All,
To save me messing around I just installed a color dmd, Whats setting for the display are you guys happy with,
thanks & all the best

#5183 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey All,
To save me messing around I just installed a color dmd, Whats setting for the display are you guys happy with,
thanks & all the best

Just start with the first setting and play some then the next and the next till you've gone through all of them then decide.

#5184 8 years ago

Sweet will do

#5185 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Might be adding a mode to each band member when you complete one is a guess of mine.

Are these the rumored "band member modes" that have been talked about for a while? That would be awesome!

#5186 8 years ago

Yep, One of the best color dmd's going around, Took a few pics while playing it, If your on the fence, Get off & get one

005.JPG005.JPG
006.JPG006.JPG
007.JPG007.JPG
008.JPG008.JPG
009.JPG009.JPG
011.JPG011.JPG

#5187 8 years ago

How would band member modes be implemented? Hit enough pic targets obviously to start, then when started maybe hit 2 ramps to collect within a certain time limit. Second band member, hit 2 ramps and 2 loops, so on and so forth with different targets to collect each one. Just a thought, would be fun!

#5188 8 years ago

If you are a DIY guy and wanna save like 50% you could go the SMARTDMD route

Check the threads on this from pinball miked. Awesome work from him

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

#5189 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey All,
thanks & all the best

Tile.

#5190 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How would band member modes be implemented? Hit enough pic targets obviously to start, then when started maybe hit 2 ramps to collect within a certain time limit. Second band member, hit 2 ramps and 2 loops, so on and so forth with different targets to collect each one. Just a thought, would be fun!

Sounds like a good idea. Is it likely that that band member modes are still coming?

#5191 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If you are a DIY guy and wanna save like 50% you could go the SMARTDMD route
Check the threads on this from pinball miked. Awesome work from him

Any video of this in action?

#5192 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are these the rumored "band member modes" that have been talked about for a while? That would be awesome!

Could be as lame as adding Super Bumpers / Ramps / Orbits / Targets or go bonkers with actual additional modes with objectives.

#5193 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Could be as lame as adding Super Bumpers / Ramps / Orbits / Targets or go bonkers with actual additional modes with objectives.

Second option please. I don't enjoy playing the super bumpers, ramps, etc type modes. They don't even seem like modes to me. Shot progression based modes please!

#5194 8 years ago

I'm in the club! Met Pro Led. This is my first machine and I'm very excited to get it in the basement tonight. Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread, the info here made the purchase decision easy. Hopefully, all goes smooth with the set up.

IMG_2503.jpgIMG_2503.jpg

#5195 8 years ago
Quoted from ScrewMan:

I'm in the club! Met Pro Led. This is my first machine and I'm very excited to get it in the basement tonight. Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread, the info here made the purchase decision easy. Hopefully, all goes smooth with the set up.

IMG_2503.jpg

Welcome. Enjoy. It's a great pin!

#5196 8 years ago
Quoted from ScrewMan:

IMG_2503.jpg

Awesome! Welcome!

#5197 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Yep, One of the best color dmd's going around, Took a few pics while playing it, If your on the fence, Get off & get one
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
011.JPG

Which DMD is this? Where can I purchase one? Thanks in advance

#5199 8 years ago

jkashani said:
Which DMD is this? Where can I purchase one? Thanks in advance

The one you referring to is the SmartDMD. http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/smartdmd-metallica-teaser-video.3109/
Which may not even be for sale anymore?

#5200 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

The one you referring to is the SmartDMD.

Actually, the post he quoted was the first one, with the ColorDMD pictures. Not the followup with the SmartDMD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 25.50
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.