IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 433.
#5101 8 years ago

We reckon they must have put the wrong sticker on at the factory. Hmmm... Maybe it's worth more, as the 6 ball prototype...

#5102 8 years ago

Too funny! Glad you figured it out.

#5103 8 years ago

Picked up this snake mod for $4 at a roadside cafe. If you squeeze him, his eyeballs bug out. I wish I'd bought all they had, little baby snakes...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5104 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Picked up this snake mod for $4 at a roadside cafe. If you squeeze him, his eyeballs bug out. I wish I'd bought all they had, little baby snakes...

image.jpg

Pleeeease put it somewhere where a coil squeezes it and makes the eyes bug out!!

#5105 8 years ago

MET code specifies four balls.
Any more or less triggers ball searches, autofires, and weird behavior.
This will occur in any modern pinball pinball machine that has computer controlled switches in the trough region and run through the MPU in the switch matrix.
Same thing will happen to any Data East, Sega, Gottlieb, Williams, or Bally.
Most likely a cabinet bar was used from another title and installed in your game, or simply the wrong warning and instruction decals were installed at the factory.
It happens, always review the manual.

#5106 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

image.jpg

That looks more like a sperm than a snake!

#5107 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Man...if that's what yours look like, get a vasectomy....today!

#5108 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

And the met "snake" looks like a turtle!

#5109 8 years ago

Turtle sperm ?!?

#5110 8 years ago

Sparky Clause!

20151208_213923.jpg20151208_213923.jpg

#5112 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sparky Clause!

20151208_213923.jpg

At least somebody has a spare Sparky. Stern is like the Grinch with them now.

#5113 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

At least somebody has a spare Sparky. Stern is like the Grinch with them now.

oh, you can still purchase them, but you will pay for them. oh yes, you will pay
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7810-00

#5114 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

oh, you can still purchase them, but you will pay for them. oh yes, you will pay
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7810-00

Well, I suppose it is like people who collect action figures. $250 for a "bobblehead"...

#5115 8 years ago

And reports of them actually breaking? It's not like Wolverine where it takes a direct beating

#5116 8 years ago

I have seen cracked shoes on them in a few photos

#5117 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

And reports of them actually breaking? It's not like Wolverine where it takes a direct beating

Generally when I purchase NIB machines, I usually purchase all major assemblies, "Achilles heels" parts, and ramps if needed.

They WILL break.
Any part in a pinball can fail at ANY time.
That is the world of pinball.

You have to do this while parts are still being made and are cost effective. Unfortunately, the aftermarket Stern factory parts sales are through the roof, and insane. I will end up spending over $1500 in NOS parts for my MET Premium to protect my investment as I generally keep games in some cases for over 20 years.

Try to find a Sparky in 10 years...

#5118 8 years ago

10, try to find them in 2 years time. stern really needs to get their act together on this stuff. there's good money to be made by them (and I don't mean by charging stupid prices) by cataloging people who purchase their machines and allowing them to purchase replacement parts.

I would be truly surprised if the market wasn't large enough that it could wholly sustain itself and I don't think that it would cannibalize sales of new machines that badly. someone needs to snatch up sternparts.com quickly

#5119 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

10, try to find them in 2 years time. stern really needs to get their act together on this stuff. there's good money to be made by them (and I don't mean by charging stupid prices) by cataloging people who purchase their machines and allowing them to purchase replacement parts.
I would be truly surprised if the market wasn't large enough that it could wholly sustain itself and I don't think that it would cannibalize sales of new machines that badly. someone needs to snatch up sternparts.com quickly

You got that right.

#5120 8 years ago

Pretty sure I paid $160ish for my backup Sparky, but this was before they did the Dirty Donny Premium and shut down aftermarket access to them.

#5121 8 years ago

Auruch roadcase speaker cover installed. Completes the Roadcase, IMO.

IMG_20151210_212610433.jpgIMG_20151210_212610433.jpg

#5122 8 years ago

I thought I read in another post somewhere that Lyman is working on another update for MET. What could he possibly add to make this game better? More wizard or mini wizard modes please.

#5123 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I thought I read in another post somewhere that Lyman is working on another update for MET. What could he possibly add to make this game better? More wizard or mini wizard modes please.

Might be adding a mode to each band member when you complete one is a guess of mine.

#5124 8 years ago

Jeesh, that would surely put it over the top...

#5125 8 years ago

MET code is better than anything else I've owned. Anything after 1.6 would be a jelly-donut of a release, a really nice surprise.

#5126 8 years ago

Since im a noob and don't really have a long term relationship with the hobby, I don't consider additional code to be a bonus. If the call outs are there, the shots are there"band member mode for example". It should not be considered Jelly on the donut. For $7500 I expect a finished game top to bottom.

#5127 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

MET code is better than anything else I've owned. Anything after 1.6 would be a jelly-donut of a release, a really nice surprise.

Hence, the reason I waited 2 years to buy my machine...

#5128 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Since im a noob and don't really have a long term relationship with the hobby, I don't consider additional code to be a bonus. If the call outs are there, the shots are there"band member mode for example". It should not be considered Jelly on the donut. For $7500 I expect a finished game top to bottom.

Today's Stern games, this is not the "priority". It is the "afterthought".

#5129 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you'd paid $4500 like me, you might be a little less disappointed.

#5130 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you'd paid $4500 like me, you might be a little less disappointed.

He'd also be stuck with a pro!

#5131 8 years ago

I apologize if this has already been covered, but can someone explain on the origin of Sparky and how it relates to Metallica.

#5132 8 years ago

He goes well with this.....

Ride_The_Lightning.jpgRide_The_Lightning.jpg

#5133 8 years ago

Here is a code addition that would be cool. Lady Justice seems to be missing something. How about when the mode starts, you are awarded an add-a-ball for every 5 combos done during the mode. Then when the timer runs out the mode continues until you drain down to one ball? Much harder to combo when there are more than one ball on the playfield! You could even have a playfield x = numbers of balls on the playfield.

#5134 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I apologize if this has already been covered, but can someone explain on the origin of Sparky and how it relates to Metallica.

Interviewer: "DD, you've been commissioned to do art for Metallica; how did that opportunity arise?"

DD: "Metallica were like "Dirty donny's @#$!ing such-a rad-dude, lets get him to make ussome #$%@ for us!"So they asked me and I said OK but I live in Canada so I said "you'll have to send over your jet", so like the next day there's this black and silver Metallica jet waiting for me and it had like free booze and stripper chicks on it. But really, My pal Chip works for them and he showed them my art.When I was in SF Kirk call me and invited me over to there studio and hired me on the spot.
That turned into tons of work.People always ask if I made a lot of money.You know, I did but I didn't over charge them, in fact I gave them deals cause they bought so much work from me, they had me painting everything at their studio! I was there for 6 months.
Great bunch of guys, very respectful."

Sparky (and related caricatures) has been a staple of DD artwork for many projects over the years, not just Metallica.
As Metallica would say, "Ride MY Lightnin', $#%@$!"

#5135 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

He'd also be stuck with a pro!

After shelling out $4400, I really LOVE being stuck with my MET Pro!!!

#5136 8 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Auruch roadcase speaker cover installed. Completes the Roadcase, IMO.

IMG_20151210_212610433.jpg

where do you buy a "monster premium" translite?

#5137 8 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

After shelling out $4400, I really LOVE being stuck with my MET Pro!!!

Me too!!!

#5138 8 years ago

I'd like it if they added a mode(s) that had music bits from a song or 2 not currently on the machine.. Even if it just cut into another solo: I just love how lady justice mode cuts into the guts of ONE!

#5139 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Today's Stern games, this is not the "priority". It is the "afterthought".

Not sure why 2 guys downvoted my post. I guess they like getting less than 100% of what they paid for. Weird.

#5140 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpegThinking out loud here, but a lady justice topper with a servo controlled scale that would tilt one way or another while comboing ramps would be pretty awesome... I would think it could be controlled off of the ramp switches..?

#5141 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

where do you buy a "monster premium" translite?

To my knowledge you CANNOT right now, possibly never, of this translite.
Stern only offers replacements for damage.

Side note:
I tell people of own LE games that have actual backglasses (signatures or not), they had better be careful(scratches or breakage), because those are NOT stocked by Stern. You are basically #!@$ed.
New collectors can make grave errors when handling real backglasses.
Simply put, "But I didn't know!"...

#5142 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not sure why 2 guys downvoted my post. I guess they like getting less than 100% of what they paid for. Weird.

Probably because Metallica feels like a "finished" game right now. So yeah, anything else is extra.

#5143 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Probably because Metallica feels like a "finished" game right now. So yeah, anything else is extra.

Word. There is plenty great with the game, and additional items are just that-refreshments to keep the game fresh and new. It's not like most of those who never play one were maxing out the current code.

#5144 8 years ago

I ordered a sparky from Marco last night. I was surprised to see they had metallica MoP LE decals in stock.

#5145 8 years ago

I'd definitely buy a premium translite. Hopefully after met runs are finished Stern will print themselves some of this money. Then again maybe it would not be possible without a license extention. Not entirely sure how those work.

#5146 8 years ago

I've managed to "source" a few of the premium translites for my collection (MET monsters, AC/DC luci), however it wasn't easy, nor was it cheap.

I have the feeling that the only way that these "extras" seem to make it out of the building since stern will not sell them outright is that they [fell off of the delivery truck] or were thrown out [by accident]

#5147 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've managed to "source" a few of the premium translites for my collection (MET monsters, AC/DC luci), however it wasn't easy, nor was it cheap.
I have the feeling that the only way that these "extras" seem to make it out of the building since stern will not sell them outright is that they [fell off of the delivery truck] or were thrown out [by accident]

Or snuck off Stern's factory parts bin floor...or from a large operator/distributor before Stern tightened their "death grip" on parts.

Personally, I think Stern is doing this intentionally to make more off specific titles after they are retired to the "vault". They want to maintain a certain amount of monpoly of control regarding parts supply and demand.

#5148 8 years ago

I like

Quoted from LOTR_breath:Here is a code addition that would be cool. Lady Justice seems to be missing something. How about when the mode starts, you are awarded an add-a-ball for every 5 combos done during the mode.

I like this!

Also, how about the option to cash in, or bank your mystery bonus? Quick left or right flip.

I don't like starting seek and destroy since it clears out and starts over. Can we get seek and destroy, and not have it reset?

#5149 8 years ago

I managed to find a premium trans for sale but always wondered how the ride the lightning album cover would look as a trans in a road case? what do you guys think?

#5150 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

I managed to find a premium trans for sale but always wondered how the ride the lightning album cover would look as a trans in a road case? what do you guys think?

I think it would look bad. Buy the Premium translite, it's awesome. I've seen the combo in person, it works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.