Topic Stats

• 16,892 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,860 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1574345173537 (resized).jpg
20191121_190619 (resized).jpg
20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 338.
#5001 3 years ago

I am sure some of us on here can relate to that moment when: My girlfriend took down my high score on Metallica....Or am I just a lucky guy

#5002 3 years ago

I can't even beat my old scores from before the last software update. I'm getting distracted exploring the shots I find, instead of really focusing on a strategy. There's just so much fun geometry in this game.

And that's part of why this is one of Stern's best games ever to me.

— John Borg did a great layout. To me it feels like the peak of what he was trying to do, and TWD and Kiss got too off course. I'm calling this his best game. If you don't think so, I'd love to hear which one you prefer!

— Dirty Donny man. It's not my favorite work he's done, I'm actually a bigger fan of his slightly earlier, more painterly style better. But still, he put together a great pinball package. Hand drawn, and totally original. Even the Metallica logo is hand drawn.

— Lyman Sheats. Stern's code assassin. I love the code on this game. To me it's the superior evolution to ACDC. It's like the hybrid of a modes-based game and an more pure score-based game. So many ways to approach it. And the job on the lighting is great if you have the Prem/LE especially. Or get the new aftermarket lights and do up your pro!

— Best. Dots. Ever. I can't think of any DMD game with better dots. Though TWD has some nice ones too, and I haven't played that enough to see them all. Still, Metallica, with the ColorDMD, just looks incredible. I love the fusion of full color and the pixel art.

— Original toys. The Prem/LE snake is really awesome, one of my favorite features. Love the hammer. It's finicky sometimes, but whatever, it's still fun. Sparky, voiced by one of my favorite cartoonist/voice actor/musicians?

When Stern gives budget and freedom (with a flexible license for instance, that allows for new ideas and art) to a designer paired up with Lyman then we might see Metallica topped. So far though nothing since it has bested it. IMHO.

#5003 3 years ago

I've got a pro with a led back glass mod black light apron snake to get decal, shaker motor and flipper fidelity speaker

#5004 3 years ago

Side_rails.jpgHinges.jpg
Just getting these ready to fit to my Prem.
Not allowed to add the rest of the goodies as apparently these are Christmas presents.
That's fine by me, just means the dining room table will be covered in pinball parts not Christmas dinner come the 25th.

#5005 3 years ago

WJxxxx:
I have those as well and I'm thinking about fitting green EL paper behind instead of the green sticker paper that it came with if I can find panels large enough in a [lit] green color that I like (most of them are a washed out "pale" green). I'm holding out for something more fluorescent like the artwork on the cabinet

#5006 3 years ago

Mine didn't come with any green paper , the inserts I've added are actually gift bottle bags cut to shape.
Looked at EL, but to get the size needed was looking at 4 x 20x10cm pieces at £60each. As much as I love my Met I'm not putting that much into it.
Will see how it looks once they're fitted. Hopefully there'll be enough ambient light from my other machines to light them

#5007 3 years ago

(2) 4cm x 20cm panels for the side rails and (2) 4cm x 10cm panels for the hinges? (I'm @ work and don't have them with me to measure)

A5 size grass green EL sheet.jpg

a lot of 5 pcs. of 14cm x 20cm ea can be purchased for 97usd from this seller
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/A5-size-Grass-Green-el-sheet-el-panel-el-back-light-with-5V-USB-controller-Steady/32306370492.html

they show it being powered by a 5v usb inverter, which is less than the others @ 12v

edit:
from the looks of it, for about $70, you can purchase everything necessary to run 4 panels (cut from a single A3 sized sheet) to a single inverter that has a 12v line in that you would tap into from the cabinet
http://www.elec2go.com.au/category-s/178.htm

#5008 3 years ago

Finally have my modded out monsters premium coming tomorrow!! Has anyone "beaten" this game? I've been reading this thread for a while and seen people get all 4 CIUs to get to End of the Line. Is EOL the highest achievement possible for the game? Or does something need to be accomplished during EOL to get further in the game?

#5009 3 years ago

J_m
Have you fitted the rails yet? I've just done it and the holes are smaller than on the original side rails meaning I can't use the original bolts on the top and bottom of the rails. Currently I've just got the screws holding them on, so they're not earthed⚠, I'd better source some narrower gauge bolts before playing too much!

#5010 3 years ago

Still in the honeymoon phase at about a month.....600 games and my 10 year old put up 221mil tonight!

#5011 3 years ago

Rather than start a new thread, hope you guys don't mind me asking in the club....

Does anyone have the problem that the first inline graveyard drop (closest to front) almost always drops after reset/at start of ball? How do I fix it?

#5012 3 years ago

i have 1 blank siderail kit for metallica in stock in europe

you could Color it in purple or powedercoat it black or in a different Color

the Price is 75,- euro incl shipping ein EU

tom

#5013 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

J_m
Have you fitted the rails yet? I've just done it and the holes are smaller than on the original side rails meaning I can't use the original bolts on the top and bottom of the rails. Currently I've just got the screws holding them on, so they're not earthed⚠, I'd better source some narrower gauge bolts before playing too much!

not yet, but I'll look at the size of the holes in the side rails tonight. the MET premium is still sitting NIB in the garage (and I got chastised by john borg @ expo about that, since it's been that way for about 7 months now). mr. borg told me that we can't be friends until I open up the game

#5014 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not yet, but I'll look at the size of the holes in the side rails tonight. the MET premium is still sitting NIB in the garage (and I got chastised by john borg @ expo about that, since it's been that way for about 7 months now). mr. borg told me that we can't be friends until I open up the game

We'll if we're going to name drop..

FB_IMG_1448457255122.jpg

#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the MET premium is still sitting NIB in the garage (and I got chastised by john borg @ expo about that, since it's been that way for about 7 months now). mr. borg told me that we can't be friends until I open up the game

If I knew you had a Met Premium still sitting in the box, unplayed, I would have chastised you at Expo too!

#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Rather than start a new thread, hope you guys don't mind me asking in the club....
Does anyone have the problem that the first inline graveyard drop (closest to front) almost always drops after reset/at start of ball? How do I fix it?

The drop targets can be a bit tricky to get adjusted . Mine did this same thing as well. Took some very minor adjustments/bends to the ledge that each drop sits on.

Look down from the top of the playfield and you can see the ledge that the target rests on. It its too much the target might not go down 100% of the time(esp hard hits). If its not enough the target may go back down after being reset.

Hope that helps

#5017 3 years ago

Folks, I may have missed it in an earlier part of the thread- but are the new Met Premiums shipping with that busy artwork on the speaker panel? I keep seeing examples of round speaker machines with a funky panel surround.

#5018 3 years ago

They are. I have grown to like it..IMG_20151020_012645052.jpg

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

We'll if we're going to name drop..

FB_IMG_1448457255122.jpg

Indeed
Signed 1991114150001.jpg

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

They are. I have grown to like it.

Nifty topper, I like it!

#5021 3 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Folks, I may have missed it in an earlier part of the thread- but are the new Met Premiums shipping with that busy artwork on the speaker panel? I keep seeing examples of round speaker machines with a funky panel surround.

It's not bad when you have the Monsters, when it's on the Roadcase it's out of place..

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Just received my Monsters Premium yesterday. What a great game! I scored 161 million on my 3rd game (not sure how I did it). Now I struggle to get 20 million on a good run. My wife and kids love the game too

#5023 3 years ago

Congratulations! I wonder how hard it would be to remove that speaker panel- I would like to design my own. I want something simpler, so as to allow the translight to stand alone. I.love the game, but that bothers me.

#5024 3 years ago

I think I am also a wee bit bummed about he tiny looking li'l round speakers relative to the "classic" square. Ah well- it will give me something to work on! This game is so good... Played it again tonight at a gatherong- cannot wait for mine.

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Congratulations! I wonder how hard it would be to remove that speaker panel- I would like to design my own. I want something simpler, so as to allow the translight to stand alone. I.love the game, but that bothers me.

It's just a decal. Not hard at all. Look, I did a new one for Road Case owners, because if you think that decal is too much when it matches the cab art then think about how off it looks with the Road Case cabinet decals.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-mod-interest-check-metallica-speaker-panel-decals

I have an LE, I like mine just fine with black wood and the LE plaque. But I felt for those guys. Do up your own, why not?

#5026 3 years ago

Did you cut the decal yourself, or use a vendor? My local pin chum has a Glow Forge on order, but In thinking a local vinyl vendor might do me better / faster. I saw what you did for Roadcase, and I like it. (I like the roadcase better than monsters, but monsters is what was available at the right price, so whatchagonnado?)

#5027 3 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Did you cut the decal yourself, or use a vendor? My local pin chum has a Glow Forge on order, but In thinking a local vinyl vendor might do me better / faster. I saw what you did for Roadcase, and I like it. (I like the roadcase better than monsters, but monsters is what was available at the right price, so whatchagonnado?)

Vendor. I'd normally go through my own printer, but Joe and I worked out a deal, so he's carrying them, dealing with the orders, printing, and shipping.

If you want to do just something personal then sure, a Glow Forge would work. You'd have to cut it in 2 passes though, the cutting bed on the Glow Forge is only 20" wide. Have to curl it up or something inside to fit it. Could be done though.

#5028 3 years ago

The Pro is what is on order, which (theoretically) will allow for pass through. I'll give Joe a holler to see what a one off might run. I'm truly thinking basic: think embossed metal, with integrated speaker flares to make them look- well, beefier and more present that the newest incarnation. Thanks for the intel- I have been jeep ng an eye on your goodies, and I appreciate your talent and input!

#5029 3 years ago

Have a Sparky issue. His head doesn't bounce around when electrocuted. Never did when I took it out of the box, but hear it clicling like it is supposed to. Did something get disconnected during shipment or do I need to change something in the settings? Anything else I need to do? Thanks in advance for the help!

#5030 3 years ago

How do I keep LED lights from coming loose and falling out??? The Shaker is making them loose!

#5031 3 years ago

Never mind should have searched first

#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Have a Sparky issue. His head doesn't bounce around when electrocuted. Never did when I took it out of the box, but hear it clicling like it is supposed to. Did something get disconnected during shipment or do I need to change something in the settings? Anything else I need to do? Thanks in advance for the help!

??
the head is simply a bobble-head on a spring. there is a coil that gets fired causing the chair to rock back and forth which causes the head to bounce around. I know that originally stern shipped the machines with a big block of foam around the head to keep them from getting damaged. is there anything inside his noggin that was not removed when you set the machine up?

#5033 3 years ago

I don't believe the chair moves. Pretty sure it is a small coil in the back that moves sparky's torso. Maybe one of the wires came loose?

#5034 3 years ago

The biggest mistake I made since owning MET Pro LED is to give it a real good cleaning. Game plays so much faster then NIB it's painful. Another reason the game has stayed enjoyable for me to own.

Best game so far (Before Cleaning) is over 800Million. All four CIU's finished and EOL lit to collect. Haven't been close to that since cleaning it good. Settings unchanged from game #1. No EB's, Tight Tilt, Competition mode running. After cleaning I can barely hit 200Million

12191937_10205246003170312_3112490901334749144_n.jpg

#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

The biggest mistake I made since owning MET Pro LED is to give it a real good cleaning. After cleaning I can barely hit 200Million
12191937_10205246003170312_3112490901334749144_n.jpg

just wait till ya replace the black rubber with white or trans, holy hell!

#5036 3 years ago

Sparky is fixed! Thanks for the advice fellas. His head was stuck to the chair. Simple push on his head released it.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Sparky is fixed! Thanks for the advice fellas. His head was stuck to the chair. Simple push on his head released it.

Awesome! Those are the good kinda fixes!

#5038 3 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

How do I keep LED lights from coming loose and falling out??? The Shaker is making them loose!

Checkout my post in the "I've just bought a nib Stern what's the upsell" or words to that effect. I've posted a pic of the item I use, and also where you can buy them. 100% success rate.

#5039 3 years ago

Can you help... I want my music sound to be thunderous but I can't get it very loud or even close to the call out volume level. I adjusted setting 47 music level to 15 (highest setting) but that basically does nothing. How do I get this thing pounding????

#5040 3 years ago

I think the settings are opposite...change it around so it is at 1

#5041 3 years ago

Thanks. Just went with 1 but it still sucks. I want it to rock and be at least as loud as the call outs. Louder would be better. Call outs are set at default so it's not like I'm trying to overcome a really loud custom setting.

#5042 3 years ago

It's counterintuitive. Negative numbers are louder.

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

Thanks. Just went with 1 but it still sucks. I want it to rock and be at least as loud as the call outs. Louder would be better. Call outs are set at default so it's not like I'm trying to overcome a really loud custom setting.

Move the call out setting to a higher number so that they are quieter. And take the music one to negative.
I have found sometimes with these attenuation settings away from zero, that the game end music may not play.

#5044 3 years ago

Negative music (now at 15) and speech at zero. We're good to go. Thanks!

#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

No scans. I made mine via pictures. I also just made a couple that I couldn't find good pics of. I made all of these before I bought my MET but they seem fine to me so I didn't rip my game apart to update things further. Here is an old pic of it.
1420839872.jpg
Once released I'll give full approval to mod so they can take any images they want from the table at that time.

When I bought my Premium NIB, I also bought a plastic kit for future use. Iam not understanding what's going on here. Was there a mistake on the plastics? I took the paper backing off all the pieces, cuz over time it's very difficult to peel the paper backing off, I know this because on my High Speed that I had, the plastic kit was just a couple years old, and the paper backing was difficult to peel and was takingvthe art off the plastics. So on the Metallica plastics I knew I wouldn't need them anytime soon, so I removed the backing paper and wrapped each plastic piece with wax paper for protection, sealed in ziplock bag and put the away.

#5046 3 years ago

Anyone got the snake mod for their game from Pingraffix? I just saw it today. My only issue as it is nice except it missing it's tail, kinda just ends at the start of the wireform ramp. I do like it, wanted see what others thought, or have it installed.

#5047 3 years ago

Snake mods just started shipping today. As for the tail we already have something special in the works. If all works out well you will have a 3D tail that you can attach at the end of the ramp or at the end of the wire frame. If you take a look at our posted photos you will notice that we custom painted our wire frame green/black to give the illusion that the entire wire frame is the snake too.

#5048 3 years ago

Would you please tell us how you did that wire form?

#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Snake mods just started shipping today. As for the tail we already have something special in the works. If all works out well you will have a 3D tail that you can attach at the end of the ramp or at the end of the wire frame. If you take a look at our posted photos you will notice that we custom painted our wire frame green/black to give the illusion that the entire wire frame is the snake too.

So it will be available separately? A tail sale, so to speak?

#5050 3 years ago

Gotta get me some tail

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside