Topic Stats

• 17,191 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,943 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AD7C5EAA-16FB-4FEE-AA98-7714687D0538 (resized).jpeg
AD43465E-F523-4444-AAF5-8EF60E341772 (resized).jpeg
EBFC9F4E-6334-49DF-9FAE-9F4546D2FA26 (resized).jpeg
C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg
20200106_232456 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17191 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 344.
#451 6 years ago

Noticed this same thing and went looking for bad bulb.

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Last bug I can remember right now is when grave multi ball is starting. All the inserts are doing their light show except one, the right target on sparky pointing to his right shoe. Thought I had an out bulb when I saw that but it was fine after and did the same thing next time on grave multiball.
Jim

#452 6 years ago

Just posting follow up from a previous post about some minor quality issues with my game. JJ at Game Exchange and Patrick at Stern jumped on my request quickly and wrapped up a solution today that will yield me a perfect game. Both of these guys have been easy to work with and deserve kudos for their support. Thank you JJ and Patrick! I also want to thank Jody at Stern for supporting the Pinball BBQ last month. I am new to pinball as of November and continue to be impressed with everyone involved in this small community.

Now off to help prep for the Metallica Launch Party tonight at Mortimers in Minneapolis. I'll be posting pics and video from the event here on Pinside and on Facebook.

Cheers,
Steve

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

4 coats of wax, white rubbers, purple flipper rubber,

OMG Jimbo ! I did exactly this last night and the game is LIGHTING quick down there now - sometimes too quick for these old reflexes - LOL

#454 6 years ago

Just picked up Metallica this weekend at the NW Pinball show. This game really impresses me, and I am happy to see that the design went away from the cheap antics of AC/DC, which punishes you for making shots, to a game of only being punished when you miss. The stand-up targets are well placed to shove the ball down your throat, if you miss your shot. The artwork is fantastic, and really embides the feel of the music.

Software is still a WIP, but the game is totally playable, and enjoyable, right now. The great thing is, even if you aren't a huge Metallica fan, the game design stands up well on its own. The inclusion of some classic old school targets for the GY remind me of Eight Ball Deluxe, the ramp flow is really satisfying and the software ties the music into the modes perfectly.

#455 6 years ago

This is going to be my first NIB...I bought the METLE. I see that code updates are common and expected.
Sorry for such a stupid question but how do you get the updates? Do you pay for them? How are they installed in your game?
Maybe someone could point me to a thread with directions??
Thanks

#456 6 years ago

It's all on Stern's website. Instructions pop up when you download the file (for free). You need to put it on a USB flash drive (digital camera, thumbstick, etc) which plugs into the game.

#457 6 years ago

Also your game will have a pink cut sheets with detailed instructions to walk you through. Stern also has videos on you tube. You can watch step by step how to unbox and do the update .
Congrats on the game !

#458 6 years ago

Also grabbed one from the NW Show. Good game with nice layout and artwork. It's on location @ the SPM in Seattle.

#459 6 years ago

Anyone know if there is an easy way to change the bulb in the cross? Mine is out.
Looks like there is a clasp below and 3 screws up top. Had to replace both slingshot spot lights already too.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Had to replace both slingshot spot lights already too.

One of mine is out. What's the replacement part?

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Anyone know if there is an easy way to change the bulb in the cross? Mine is out.Looks like there is a clasp below and 3 screws up top.

Not difficult from memory.

I took mine out to see what flasher is in there as I am going to ‘test’ a RED flasher in there when I get my order in shortly.

From memory just undo the assembly from underneath and then there is a metal backplate on the cross that unscrews- all pretty easy.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

One of mine is out. What's the replacement part?

They are #555's in the spotlights

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

They are #555's in the spotlights

Doh, sorry, I was thinking of the Sparky spotlights - superbright LEDs.

#464 6 years ago

Are they using the cheapest lights or what? How can they be burning out so quickly and is that normal on a Pin??

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Just posting follow up from a previous post about some minor quality issues with my game. JJ at Game Exchange and Patrick at Stern jumped on my request quickly and wrapped up a solution today that will yield me a perfect game. Both of these guys have been easy to work with and deserve kudos for their support. Thank you JJ and Patrick! I also want to thank Jody at Stern for supporting the Pinball BBQ last month.

JJ and Patrick are the other dream team, after Ritchie/Lyman.

1 month later
#466 6 years ago

Mine arrived on Monday - sadly the hammer doesn't work properly, just like all the other LEs in the UK. Hopefully a SW fix.

Great game otherwise though!

1 month later
#467 6 years ago

Got my Metallica PRO last week. NIB. This is my first pin. Loving it! I updated to 1.22 software (just to go through the process). Getting my feet wet with maintenance. Fixed a couple 555 bulbs that were not working. I moved the outlane posts to the closer position. I hope the software keeps getting updated frequently. Loving owning my first pin.

#468 6 years ago

Just realized holding both flippers does radio mode and also triggers competition mode.

#469 6 years ago

I'd like to give a shout out to Stern's QA team. I called a few days ago and was kinda surprised to be connected to a fellow named Chas right away. He listened while I explained my problem (switch error), and gave me 2 great suggestions that helped me narrow the problem down. Bottom line, I have a 100% working Metallica and new Sparky lights on the way.

I cut my teeth on older pins, so for me it's a luxury to be able to call the manufacturer and get help with a problem. Stern is a class act.

#470 6 years ago

So I did something kind of bad a few days ago: I moved the outlane posts to the "liberal" position. I started getting Seek and Destroy almost every game. My plan is to leave it liberal until the next code update, which I assume will erase my high scores. S&D is a ton of fun to play.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Just realized holding both flippers does radio mode and also triggers competition mode.

Hold the left for competition mode, hold the right for radio.

#472 6 years ago

Anybody have issues with the bottom mounted speaker cutting out sporadically during gameplay. Happened once to me and i thought it was a fluke, but just happened again tonight. I turned the game off and then opened coin door and reached in to speaker. Doesnt appear to be loose wiring. But after i started it back up it was fine again.

Has this happened to any other Met Pro owners?

#473 6 years ago

Guess I should join this club to now being proud owner of a HUO MET PRO.

Picture proofs it but it also shows my love for another great pin (for me still the greatest pin on earth)

Time to enjoy this pin and share the love with them outside world. GOne order LEDs this weekend, already installed the shaker. By the way, if Sparky multiball starts the shaker is activated for a longer period and the cabinet really starts to make rattling noise (not the glass). Took the shaker from my BdK where I never noticed this but BdK doesnt shake that long. Is this normal? I retightened all the screws but that didnt help

Anyway, pinball, nothing else matter.

IMG_1900.JPG

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

By the way, if Sparky multiball starts the shaker is activated for a longer period and the cabinet really starts to make rattling noise (not the glass).

Yes, that's normal. It would be nice to be able to set a maximum duration for the shaker. I love the effect for the first 1/2-1 second, but then I want it to stop. That goes for any pin, not just Metallica. But overall the shaker integration is great - pretty much a must-have!

#475 6 years ago

I did my 3,000 mile service last night. The playfield had gotten pretty dirty from the black rubbers, so after I cleaned it, I installed white rubbers. I bent Sparky's coil plate tab back to restore his head-banging, and replaced a few bulbs that were out. Faster than new now!

I was working on CSI too, and my butt kept hitting Metallica's flipper buttons. The sounds that were added in the latest code for this are genius - it sounds like a chain smoker clearing his lungs. I think I have my new ring tone...

Thanks to Lyman, Borg and crew, for all you do.

#476 6 years ago

Right on guys... I will be home for good in a week or two and this is my first pin and I am so pumped that it seems to be a winner!

#477 6 years ago

Just got me a pro translite just need the machine

3 weeks later
#478 6 years ago

Something to keep us warm until the code update hits... http://www.metallica.com/products/scary-holiday-sweater.asp

Screen_shot_2013-10-03_at_9.27.50_PM.png

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from garman411:

What is competition mode?

I think it just removes some of the randomness of the awards. Not very relevant until the mystery awards get updated.

#481 6 years ago

Thanks I couldn't tell the difference when I played it.

1 week later
#482 6 years ago

Just got my Metallica Pro last night. Gorgeous machine. Pretty psyched.

Can wait to mod it up. Any suggestions on the best mods? Where to get them? Thanks!

image.jpg image-728.jpg image-294.jpg image-752.jpg image-223.jpg
#483 6 years ago

Have put in some game time.

Wow, fastest game I have ever played. Great flow and FAST! You have to be on your toes.

That said, I find it has long ball times. The balls never seem to go out the outlane.

All in all, great game and I'm super happy with it.

Again - what are people's favorite mods on MetPro?

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Can wait to mod it up. Any suggestions on the best mods? Where to get them? Thanks!

Shaker, FF speakers and a PinPac. I used LEDs in the snake, chair and cross inserts, left the rest incandescent.

This game is so colorful and beautiful, I think cosmetic mods are unnecessary. Of course the Dirty Donny Sparky is totally awesome, but there are only so many of those to go around.

#485 6 years ago

Thanks Swampfire. What's a pinpac?

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

What's a pinpac?

A PinPac is an addon that adds a headphone jack to your pinball machine.

http://pinnovators.com/index.php/featured-products

#487 6 years ago

I get a ton of comments on one of the simplest mods. I added Red, yellow, orange, green, etc. LEDs to the FUEL gauge and FUEL inserts. Even the premium owners mention it, and people who have played both versions.

Adding LED lights to the inside of the Snake's mouth is my favorite. It always lets me know with ease when the snake is ready for lock. The green LED on his head does the same thing, but isn't as noticeable.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I added Red, yellow, orange, green, etc. LEDs to the FUEL gauge and FUEL inserts.

Which LEDs do you use exactly? Metallica is my first machine and the number and variety of LED choices seems a bit daunting. I would like to update the FUEL gauge and the snake.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

That said, I find it has long ball times. The balls never seem to go out the outlane.

I wish I had this "problem".

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

A PinPac is an addon that adds a headphone jack to your pinball machine.
http://pinnovators.com/index.php/featured-products

That's us!!!

We have three different headphone jacks for Metallica
The PinPac 2 Mac is what I would suggest. U can control the game volume as well as the headphones with our opening the coin door. Mute the game as well. Let me know if u need any help
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.comimage.jpgimage-544.jpg

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wish I had this "problem".

Yeah me too.

#492 6 years ago

Just picked up the premium from my buddy down the street. It was appropriate since I had the high score on his machine.

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

Which LEDs do you use exactly? Metallica is my first machine and the number and variety of LED choices seems a bit daunting. I would like to update the FUEL gauge and the snake.

Good choice for your first machine.
I have the LE and would also like to know what people are using for the fuel gauge LED's.

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Good choice for your first machine.
I have the LE and would also like to know what people are using for the fuel gauge LED's.

Thanks to RareHero for this little trick. Simply get a light filter gel sample pack with various colors. Cut little sections out of the ones you want and simply put it under the inserts. Enjoy

gelpack.jpg

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Thanks to RareHero for this little trick. Simply get a light filter gel sample pack with various colors. Cut little sections out of the ones you want and simply put it under the inserts. Enjoy

Or just buy the kit from Pinbits. For 20 bucks you can't go wrong.
While you're there. Get the plastic protectors too.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_74&zenid=6kqf1g2o0gdf93aiiv7mqjhcs3

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_74&zenid=6kqf1g2o0gdf93aiiv7mqjhcs3

Nice! Those weren't around earlier when I was looking for solutions. Glad they made em'

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Hmm I have a Pro not a Pre/LE. I did look at these before but they say they are only for the Pre/LE. I assume because the Pre/LE already has LED lighting and these are designed to just replace the existing ones.

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

What's strange about that kit is the fact that they are selling 5 replacement LED boards, when really only 4 are needed, since one of the colors is white (which the stock one already is).

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's strange about that kit is the fact that they are selling 5 replacement LED boards, when really only 4 are needed, since one of the colors is white (which the stock one already is).

It's actually a Warm White, to simulate yellow, since yellow LED's usually suck.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

image.jpg 277 KB

image-728.jpg 294 KB

image-294.jpg 312 KB

image-752.jpg 312 KB

image-223.jpg 373 KB

Best is the DD Sparky Mod.

Coffin decal is a must.

Apron cards but still none available!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 35.00
There are 17191 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside