(Topic ID: 94480)

Metallica owners: Are you happy with your machine?

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8104 (resized).JPG
20170715_153308 (resized).jpg
20170715_153247 (resized).jpg
image-712.jpg
image-333.jpg
IMGP1330.JPG
IMGP1328.JPG
image-610.jpg
20140813_214044.jpg
photo.JPG
IMG_0641.jpg
WIN_20140706_115123.JPG
WIN_20140705_052854.JPG
image.jpg
image-634.jpg
image-938.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago

Enjoyed the layout & aesthetic experience of my LE when I first opened it, but felt frustrated by the hammer lock and a limited rule set. It's grown by leaps & bounds with every major code release. With all of the new modes and hammer lock options (finally!), I can confidently say I'm loving the game more than ever, and it's never going anywhere. Near-instant classic.

The vast majority of what makes Metallica great is not specific to the LE, so I imagine you'll love your Pro.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Only regret I have had was the Cliffy shooter lane eject protector for the scoop side is impossible to install, apparently. I bent mine all up and I have to order another one. It wouldn't slide over the wireform lane guide....I should've just taken my time and dremel'ed it but I wanted to play!

I installed mine without too much trouble, but ended up taking it out. The right edge hangs slightly over the shooter lane cutout, just enough to occasionally hang balls and make the autofire sloppy. I replaced it with mylar. Dunno if the mylar will hold, but I care more about having a perfectly functioning game than a perfectly preserved one.

Removed my mystery scoop protector too, once the shot became important for CIU. It's not an easy shot to begin with, and I was getting some dead-on rejections. Shot feels a lot more natural & fair with just a rounded wood lip.

No offense to Cliffy. He makes fine products which I use on multiple games. They just don't always match my nitpicky expectations. It's probably impossible to add a piece of metal to a game and have it play exactly the same.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've had some rejected scoop shots like that...no idea if it's the protector or not, but I just man up and PLAY BETTER... or slap the hell out of it when it gets too frustrating!

I agree it's hard to know if the protector is causing rejections, but when I removed it my success rate went up. So I'm either PLAYING BETTER or just playing the game as designed. No complaints about the mystery scoop now.

#87 9 years ago

I used to think TSPP was an amazing game. It's impressive how far Stern has come.

1 month later
#216 9 years ago

Get that crap outta here! 7.5° minimum.

2 weeks later
#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have also played a variety of pros, premiums, and LE's on route and have noticed problems with the ball shooter consistently putting the ball into play. The ball doesn't even make it to the lanes with auto or manual launch.

Stern uses shooter rods that are too short. Why? I have no idea. Get a replacement rod in any color from Pinball Life, problem solved.

As for the auto launch, I never had a problem until I installed a Cliffy trough kickout protector. It didn't fit quite right, overlapping the shooter lane cutout a tiny bit, which sometimes interfered with launched balls. So it had to go.

Long story short, my shooter(s) work perfectly over hundreds of games with the PBL rod installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-are-you-happy-with-your-machine?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.