(Topic ID: 94480)

Metallica owners: Are you happy with your machine?

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8104 (resized).JPG
20170715_153308 (resized).jpg
20170715_153247 (resized).jpg
image-712.jpg
image-333.jpg
IMGP1330.JPG
IMGP1328.JPG
image-610.jpg
20140813_214044.jpg
photo.JPG
IMG_0641.jpg
WIN_20140706_115123.JPG
WIN_20140705_052854.JPG
image.jpg
image-634.jpg
image-938.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 9 years ago

In my opinion, it's one of Stern's best pins ever. Fun, challenging, good variety of shots, and fairly deep. Superb artwork on the PF.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Metallica is a top 5 Stern game with SM, IM, LOTR, and TSPP.

Put AC/DC in there and take the clunky TSPP off your list.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So, you acknowledge Tron is not top 5 stern? I'd take TSPP over ACDC any day.

No, but ACDC is better, so I would add it before Tron.

In other words I have a bigger issue with ACDC not being on your list than Tron. All the pins you mention are excellent, except TSPP.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

TSPP is prolly my fav game ever made.

And you aren't the only one that feels that way. I owned it, and it made a good first impression, but I grew tired of it very quickly.

Like you said, different strokes...

1 month later
#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My METLE is next to my Tron, and if I was forced to give one up Tron would go first. Don't tell centerflank! Not that either is going anywhere anytime soon.

I own MET and Tron and MET would leave first. In fact it may leave in the next month or two. I've had it for almost a year now and it's held up well, but I think it's time for me to move on.

I really like the pin a lot overall, but the bottom line is that it isn't my favorite style of play. I prefer the short ball time pins that are challenging, even though that means they have more shallow code. Pins like IM, Tron, BSD, AC/DC (even though code isn't shallow) and AFM are my preferred style of game play. This is also why I am currently in the middle of discovering EMs, and I have been playing the hell out of my Sure Shot.

Anyway, I had a great game (for me) on my MET Premium tonight, but man, I felt exhausted when it was done!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I totally get that. Tron never leaves me feeling like I want to play more pinball, but maybe not *that* one, because I don't feel like slogging through everything again. You drain, you grin, you press Start again.
Metallica has a lot to do, and a lot of ways to play it, and I love it and am stuck on it. But it's not quite the same as Tron in that regard, the "more to do" part can feel like too much to do if you're not quite up for it. Tron never asks that of you. It's not TSPP or LOTR anything though, it's not grindy (both great games, just require longer sessions).

Yep, that's pretty much it.

MET does not have that strong "just one more game" pull to it that pins like IM, BSD and AFM have (for me). You do have to do a fair amount of work on MET before things start taking off. If I get close but fail, I've spent a good amount of time and effort, and am less likely to want to play another game vs the others listed.

Still...MET is not a pin that you will see me criticizing much in the future. Even if it isn't my favorite style of play and I may be ready to move it soon, it's not like there is another pin out there right now that I am ready to replace it with because I think it's better than MET. Not really the case. It's still the best Stern since AC/DC.

#251 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Messed it up for you.

Corrected it for you.

1 week later
#256 9 years ago

The first ones released from factory came with the fangs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-are-you-happy-with-your-machine?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.